The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you, Tenno. Onward to 2022!

[DE]Steve

Tenno,

It has been 1 week since we released ‘The New War’ on all platforms, but it’s been many years since we first uttered its name. The New War has been a project of ours since 2018, and throughout the years it’s taken different forms. It finally released to you 1 week ago, built upon the elements of Warframe that have been years in the making.

We did it. Thank you for making The New War our biggest story update of all time. I'm so excited by your reaction and grateful for your patience and enthusiasm - I love reading about your theories and people noticing connections to the games past and future - it feels good to resolve bits of that story. If you played you know there's plenty of new weirdness in store. Since the early Closed Alpha days of 2012, we have set out on a quest of being distinct and uniquely Warframe. For us, the release of The New War will be an unforgettable highlight in what is now almost 2 years of IRL separation from our team and community. 

This Quest truly is a testament to the community, its structure and story placing trust in your understanding of the Warframe world we have built. The New War’s pieces are lovingly crafted by over 300 developers and studio employees wanting to tell the very personal story of Warframe. Your story. And it’s only just begun.

I saw a lot of 'wish this gameplay stayed' and we share that feeling as well, so there will be some exciting experiments in bringing those change ups into the game in other ways that aren't purely Quest driven. We dedicated our Update 31: The New War to the Quest alone given its scope, and we dedicate 2022 to what comes next: a year full of doing the right things for Warframe. 2021 was all about clean-up and lead-up to The New War. We did our revisits of Railjack, Arsenals, tied together the Proxima & Ground with Liches & Sisters. But now, we have never felt more energized to work on Warframe, and we owe it to you to make 2022 our best year yet.

Enjoy The New War. See you in 2022, Tenno.

All I can say, Mr Pink Shorts, is 'thank you'.

You and the team made a good addition to the game. It could have been improved, (then again, what can't?) but it did hit us deep in the feels.

I look forward to 2022 and seeing how Warframe evolves next.

Thank you so much for pouring your heart out in making this quest. I (and my brother) enjoyed every bit of it, cried a few times (I'm very emotional), and breathed a sigh of relief when it was all over. I'm pleased as a result, especially since it was running fairly well on my Nintendo Switch.

Please enjoy your well-deserved break and I can't wait to see what you guys are planning for 2022.

We All Lift Together!

I really felt in my flesh and heart all the love and hard work everyone at DE has put into the game. Your passion is amazing (as is the art and sound teams) and I'm eager to step into the Tau System to kick some bad guys. Have a great holiday, you all deserve a good rest now before stepping up again!

P.S.: Just curious, might we have some new scenes next year related to TNW quest!?

Spoiler

With some from the Zariman ship maybe?? 😇

The Team's passion for Warframe really reflects to the players and vice versa. Thank you for a 'Third Dream' as this quest was impactful for me just as The Second Dream was when it came out and I was barely a wee lil tenno still grasping my way around the starchart.

Wishing everyone over there in HQ a great holiday season!

Archived