Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you, Tenno. Onward to 2022!

[DE]Steve

21 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Tenno,

It has been 1 week since we released ‘The New War’ on all platforms, but it’s been many years since we first uttered its name. The New War has been a project of ours since 2018, and throughout the years it’s taken different forms. It finally released to you 1 week ago, built upon the elements of Warframe that have been years in the making.

We did it. Thank you for making The New War our biggest story update of all time. I'm so excited by your reaction and grateful for your patience and enthusiasm - I love reading about your theories and people noticing connections to the games past and future - it feels good to resolve bits of that story. If you played you know there's plenty of new weirdness in store. Since the early Closed Alpha days of 2012, we have set out on a quest of being distinct and uniquely Warframe. For us, the release of The New War will be an unforgettable highlight in what is now almost 2 years of IRL separation from our team and community. 

This Quest truly is a testament to the community, its structure and story placing trust in your understanding of the Warframe world we have built. The New War’s pieces are lovingly crafted by over 300 developers and studio employees wanting to tell the very personal story of Warframe. Your story. And it’s only just begun.

I saw a lot of 'wish this gameplay stayed' and we share that feeling as well, so there will be some exciting experiments in bringing those change ups into the game in other ways that aren't purely Quest driven. We dedicated our Update 31: The New War to the Quest alone given its scope, and we dedicate 2022 to what comes next: a year full of doing the right things for Warframe. 2021 was all about clean-up and lead-up to The New War. We did our revisits of Railjack, Arsenals, tied together the Proxima & Ground with Liches & Sisters. But now, we have never felt more energized to work on Warframe, and we owe it to you to make 2022 our best year yet.

Enjoy The New War. See you in 2022, Tenno.

Maybe in 2022, I'll get to run my fingers through your beard. 🙈🙉🙊

Until then, thanks for the OP bow, some new shinies, and I'd like some Narmer skins & armor for Narmer fashion. 

Spread my hugs to everyone in DE. I knew how the lore was going to collide in TNW, then you left me with more questions to munch on. My steps on the Moon Path seem more exciting, and I can't for me, Margulis, and the rest of my compassionate crew to begin healing the system. 

*laughs in Narmer*

I was lucky enough to have a bug free New War playthrough and it was by far worth the wait, thank you and the team for all of their efforts, this update is why Warframe is my main and favorite game and I look forward to seeing those Aha moments during the story get fleshed out more in the future, have a good holidays, you guys deserve it <3

I don't always agree with everything the team does, and I've certainly levelled my fair share of criticism. And in some respects the New War was kind of a microcosm.

It wasn't perfect. It had its faults, its flaws, its controversial moves. In some respects, it still felt a tad rushed despite its lengthy dev time.

But... it's still really, really damn good in my opinion. I don't know what it is about Warframe. It's the same colour as my soul or something. 

So, thank you, Steve and everyone else at DE. Here's to 2022!

5 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

I saw a lot of 'wish this gameplay stayed' and we share that feeling as well, so there will be some exciting experiments in bringing those change ups into the game in other ways that aren't purely Quest driven.

I hope you all have a good holiday but can you please make the changes from these 'experiments' optional and not force them on us regardless, not everyone everyone enjoyed the gameplay in the quest.

7 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

Tenno,

It has been 1 week since we released ‘The New War’ on all platforms, but it’s been many years since we first uttered its name. The New War has been a project of ours since 2018, and throughout the years it’s taken different forms. It finally released to you 1 week ago, built upon the elements of Warframe that have been years in the making.

We did it. Thank you for making The New War our biggest story update of all time. I'm so excited by your reaction and grateful for your patience and enthusiasm - I love reading about your theories and people noticing connections to the games past and future - it feels good to resolve bits of that story. If you played you know there's plenty of new weirdness in store. Since the early Closed Alpha days of 2012, we have set out on a quest of being distinct and uniquely Warframe. For us, the release of The New War will be an unforgettable highlight in what is now almost 2 years of IRL separation from our team and community. 

This Quest truly is a testament to the community, its structure and story placing trust in your understanding of the Warframe world we have built. The New War’s pieces are lovingly crafted by over 300 developers and studio employees wanting to tell the very personal story of Warframe. Your story. And it’s only just begun.

I saw a lot of 'wish this gameplay stayed' and we share that feeling as well, so there will be some exciting experiments in bringing those change ups into the game in other ways that aren't purely Quest driven. We dedicated our Update 31: The New War to the Quest alone given its scope, and we dedicate 2022 to what comes next: a year full of doing the right things for Warframe. 2021 was all about clean-up and lead-up to The New War. We did our revisits of Railjack, Arsenals, tied together the Proxima & Ground with Liches & Sisters. But now, we have never felt more energized to work on Warframe, and we owe it to you to make 2022 our best year yet.

Enjoy The New War. See you in 2022, Tenno.

Thankyou very much Steve.
It will always be such a special feelings and unforgettable experience for me.
If we looked back on how the game was at the very beginning, no one would expect that Warframe will become the game that we have seen now.

Big thanks to you and the rest of the DE team,
Also thanks to Founders and the rest of the Tenno as well  :lotus:

Looking forward to witness what next will happen to Warframe in 2022!

Thank you for the wonderful stories for nearly a decade, and looking forwards to the future wherever the team brings us!

Stay safe, have a Merry Christmas and New Years, and enjoy your long awaited holidays!

...Preferably with hot chocolate and marshmallows.

11 hours ago, [DE]Steve said:

We did our revisits of Railjack, Arsenals, tied together the Proxima & Ground with Liches & Sisters. 

Cool. Now undo that. Combo railjack missions are dumb. They just needlessly lengthen the missions. 

Archwings other than Amesha need to be made viable in Railjack. 

And Liches and Sisters have so many weapons in their drop table people have essentially quit farming them at least on Xbox.

The New War is amazing 💜. All of you at DE are amazing 💜. You have given us everything we have asked for. You people deserve all the love, respect, recognition and rest. I happily look forward to next year and potentially getting some of the New War elements in standard gameplay. (Like rescuing the ostron, controlling MOA squads, and more) 💜

Thank you for this year of updates. While in my personal opinion, the new war in some areas felt a bit rushed. (And I thought that Umbra would of been involved in it more). It was a great quest. I just wished it was harder. But overall. A great year for Warframe. Have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

(Though Caliban still looks rather sus)

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠋⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⣠⣤⣴⣶⣶⣶⣶⣤⡀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠄⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠄⠄⠄⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄⠄⢺⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠄⠄⠄⠙⠻⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠛⠻⣿⡄⠄⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄       ⢹⣿⡗    ⡀⣾⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠘⠄⠄⠄⢀⡀⠄⣿⣿⣷⣤⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣧⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠄⣰⣿⡿⠟⠃⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡛⠿⢿⣿⣷⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠈⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠻⠿⢛⣿⣿⠿⠂⠄⢹⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡐⠐⠄           ⣰⠄⠞⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄⠄⠄         ⢠⣿⣎⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠛⠄⠄⠄    . ⣵⣿⡿⢹⡟⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⠿⠿⠋⠉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⡟⠁⠹⡇⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠙⠿⠿⠛⠋⠄⣸⣦⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

As a kinda new game developer and designer (6 years, but only student games, game jam games and personal indie projects that doesn't come cheap), I can only imagine the hardships you guys went through. I'm struggling to make a 1 hour long story driven game (I'm also working alone), a 4-5 hours long quest in 3 years is difficult even for a 300 members contributing.

Thank you DE for pushing through and deliver an update of this magnitude. Take these holidays and rest. See you next year.

Thanks for everything.

Since we done with New war.  I hope,in 2022,you guys finally focus on new interesting gameplay features such as - game modes\raids\bosses\endless rougelike dungeons?\new chase items(not just warframes and weapons) etc..

Have a great holidays! 🥂

Am I the only one who heard the first five words of this post as the start of the Barenaked Ladies song?  I really enjoyed the quest overall.  The start of act 3 felt a bit rushed, like it just skipped over a whole lot of information.  Hopefully that can be explained at some time in the future.  Really looking forward to how you take advantage of the things introduced in the quest for new gameplay next year... and hopefully we're all still around in 2023 when we hopefully get to see what Duviri is about.

If the more impactful and interactive gameplay of new war is added to the rest of the game it will be great. That will allow for actual raids and mechanics with more time to work on better AI in enemies. Slowing the gameplay down a little wouldnt hurt imo.

Archived