The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make it mandatory to have a relic if running fissures on public

PrimalordialBob

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Or, use recruit and make a team for running relics instead of relying on others to play like you want.   Public is a no-mans land, don't run it if you aren't prepared for lawlessness.

Or people could just farm traces solo and use public for when they want to run relics and farm traces

42 minutes ago, PrimalordialBob said:

If someone wants to run a fissure on public rather than single player it should be mandatory that they put in a relic. I did 2 public runs, and each time the same guy didn't have a relic. He was MR 14, so it was by no means a noob mistake. 

Hate to break the news to you.  You don't have to have a relic to farm a fissure mission.  People that don't have relics can't choose an open relic because they went into the mission to farm for void traces.  They get just the traces and that's it.  

This request sounds like sour grapes and not a legitimate problem with the game mode.  As @MagPrimesuggested, you can always recruit for a squad for a share on a specific relic to get what you're looking for, instead of coming into the forums to complain when someone doesn't provide you something they didn't know you were looking for.  

1 hour ago, PrimalordialBob said:

If someone wants to run a fissure on public rather than single player it should be mandatory that they put in a relic. I did 2 public runs, and each time the same guy didn't have a relic. He was MR 14, so it was by no means a noob mistake. 

What is it to you? It doesn't affect your run at all.

3 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

What about the mistake of people in team starting the timer, preventing this person from bring a relic? It may not be the fault of the person without one. I know if I pick a relic at the same time as someone selects a mission I tend to show as having the relic (before entering the mission), but not be able to open it. There are many things that could cause someone to not have a relic.

Anyone who wants to insist on stuff being a specific way is better off using recruit chat. That is the only way to ensure you get what you want. Unless you have a good reason for the change I doubt it would be implemented. You have to understand the public games are filled of four people doing what they each want to, usually without consideration for what might be the best thing for the group.

Make it mandatory to have a relic if running fissures on public

No.... 😤

I did 2 public runs, and each time the same guy didn't have a relic. He was MR 14, so it was by no means a noob mistake. 

Then That's his Loss.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Or, use recruit and make a team for running relics instead of relying on others to play like you want.   Public is a no-mans land, don't run it if you aren't prepared for lawlessness.

Me playing on Public...

living-on-the-edge.gif

I LIVE ON THE EDGE !!!! 😁 !!!

2 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

Hate to break the news to you.  You don't have to have a relic to farm a fissure mission.  People that don't have relics can't choose an open relic because they went into the mission to farm for void traces.  They get just the traces and that's it.  

This request sounds like sour grapes and not a legitimate problem with the game mode.  As @MagPrimesuggested, you can always recruit for a squad for a share on a specific relic to get what you're looking for, instead of coming into the forums to complain when someone doesn't provide you something they didn't know you were looking for.  

The thing that I find funny is that this Only Happened Twice....

I don't know... Maybe I've been playing this Game for too long but two Suboptimal Runs is not something I would come to the Forums to cry About.... 

I mean if they killed my Synthesis Target... Then That's Something I would Definitely Cry About... But getting 3/4 Relics....? It's like....  Whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean when it happens I don't think: "Damnit... I could gotten a 4th Choice 😱".... Instead I think: "Poor Tenno.... He Gets Zero Choices... 👀"

I feel bad for the people who don't put up Relics....

Who would intensionally not want Free Goodies ? 👀

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I should add; sometimes players are low on Relics and spawn rates in solo are kinda...sucky.  If a player needs to hit up a public Relic run to farm Traces for the few relics they have, I don't see the problem.  

I'm actually close to having this exact Problem.... I'm running low on Axi Relics....👀

I can kind of see your point, and I think the responses that are only "Don't expect people to follow unwritten rules in public squads"  while true enough, are a sort of digression.  This isn't Players Helping Players, it's  a feedback forum.  You're not asking why people do this or for advice--you're asking that the actual rules of running fissures be changed. 

But FWIW, here's my digressive take:  I don't feel it's an issue.  Why? Because if I put in a relic, I deserve whatever comes out of it.  It's mine after all. 

If anybody else puts in a relic and something better comes out of it than mine... that's just a pleasant surprise.   I should have gotten a form bp, but instead I'm getting this rare Kronen part, that wasn't even a possibility in my relic?  What a cool system!  

But I shouldn't forget that nobody can take what came out of my relic away from me; and that I didn't actually earn anything beyond what I  contributed myself.

End digression.   Maybe it'll mean something to you, maybe not.

Here's my actual feedback-based argument:  I wouldn't want to lose the opportunity to run into random people in fissures who are just running them for traces.  Mostly because they're new more often than not, and often don't understand the relic system well or at all.   I remember when that was me, and it was nice to have it explained to me on the spot.

4 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

Matbe they were farming void traces? 

This is curing a tiny slash with a shotgun. 

Beyond the counter-arguments that others have already stated, Void Fissure missions can offer more than just whatever you get from your Relic. There are, of course, the various boosters from endurance missions, the Harrow Chassis Blueprint, and then the Sevagoth blueprints and Corrupted Holokeys from Void Storms. And I'm sure there's others that I can't think of off the top of my head right now.

Not to mention that Void Fissure missions' enemies are a higher level than that of the regular Star Chart mission, in turn rewarding more affinity. I took advantage of this a lot when I was a new player, even though I didn't have many Relics, nor did I have access to most planets.

Now, I realize that some of those use cases are more common and more practical than others, but as the previous post stated, "This is curing a tiny slash with a shotgun."

It's very simple, if someone wants only Traces, they should run Solo.

Going into a Public Fissure and not using a Relic is bad and you should feel bad.

Not sure if forcing Relics in Public is the right thing to do, but TBH I think it'd do more good than harm.

44 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

It's very simple, if someone wants only Traces, they should run Solo.

Going into a Public Fissure and not using a Relic is bad and you should feel bad.

Not sure if forcing Relics in Public is the right thing to do, but TBH I think it'd do more good than harm.

They already force relics for void storms, so forcing relics is nothing new

Edit:

Was wrong about that, oh well. Regardless if you want to farm traces just solo an exterminate or sabotage mission. It isn't hard.

6 minutes ago, PrimalordialBob said:

They already force relics for void storms, so forcing relics is nothing new

I don't think this is true; I just tried to queue for a Void Storm without a Relic and it let me do it no problem.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Why? Sure, nobody's getting any potential rewards from the person without a relic (whoop-de-do, the 4 ducat drop in the expected outcome from 4 people running intact relics to 3 really hurts. My heart bleeds for the other players), but they're giving up the chance to get any rewards themselves for the benefits of playing in a group. How on earth is this a thing worth complaining about?

1 minute ago, drnlmza said:

How on earth is this a thing worth complaining about?

The short and quick answer is "i want to steal prime parts from everyone and if some of them farm void traces in the mission meant to farm void traces takes away my chance to steal something good from your relic. because i don't want to farm, i want others to farm for me." 

2 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

The short and quick answer is "i want to steal prime parts from everyone and if some of them farm void traces in the mission meant to farm void traces takes away my chance to steal something good from your relic. because i don't want to farm, i want others to farm for me." 

Wow that's cynical.

... and also quite possbily on point for some players, sure, but I'd like to believe many if not most see Warframe as a co-op game,
where you work together and benefit from others being there, just as they benefit from your own presence.

Doing something that hurts others just so you can put in even less effort and still get Traces, that's just not okay in my book.

BTW, the opposite of what you describe can happen as well, if I run a vaulted Radiant Relic that's basically just Ducats to me,
it simply feels bad if there's a player in my Squad that doesn't get this easy chance at vaulted goodness.

7 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Doing something that hurts others just so you can put in even less effort and still get Traces, that's just not okay in my book.

But how is this hurting other players? Do you immediately abort the a fissure run because there only 3 people in the squad? If not, how is having an extra person in the squad killing stuff worse? Is the player without the relic automatically also not actually playing the game? I'm not seeing anything harmful here at all.

17 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Doing the exact mission to farm void traces is doing something that hurts others? 

i didn't realize that you can't do a quest for the reason it was created to begin with because you will hurt others...

Archived