Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey Results

[DE]Dudley

1 minute ago, -VM-CorruptedPsycho said:

Please give us a gameplay reason to have clans

Tbf I would rather clans be purely social and not affect gameplay. I’d even suggest moving research to orbiter or relays. There’s no reason anyone should have to join a social group if they don’t want to, and they shouldn’t miss out on content if they don’t. 

Most of all some form of currency replacing or partially replacing the pure RNG that saturates the game would go a long way in QOL improvements.  I don't want to spend hours on hours on hours getting items that frankly don't merit the grind.  The farming for Ambassador on release was unacceptable, to the point where it was cheaper to get it from the in-game market than from other players.  Tone down the survival/defense farming, and make more things function like event shops.  I don't always want everything from the drop table, but being able to target farm the things I do want makes it easier to sit down for several hours at a time and chip away at it.

10 minutes ago, Seth_Ashcroft said:

Tbf I would rather clans be purely social and not affect gameplay. I’d even suggest moving research to orbiter or relays. There’s no reason anyone should have to join a social group if they don’t want to, and they shouldn’t miss out on content if they don’t. 

There's a lot of clans out there that are purely research oriented for people who don't want to interact with others, and you can always make a solo clan.

Sorry, late to the survey, BUT, 

We need a trade board where we can sell things while we still play. Example; I walk into Maroo's, throw my hand up, place what i want to sell, and have a price attached to each one, and then leave a "ghost" of myself to sell for me. IF they buy they buy, if they dont, I can come back and adjust prices and items as i need. 6 at a time is still fine. 

Second, 

I love more than anything that there are multiple ships each with their own unique skin, BUT, 

Is there any way that we can have different savable ship interior "loadouts" for each different ship. The interior of the ship is OBVIOUSLY the Liset, so, could yall possibly develop new ship interiors that look accordingly to the orbiter it actually is? If so, try to keep each interior as a loadout just like the outsides are already capable of being saved as a "loadout".

Other than that, Crossplay first, then raids???!? New Railjack raid??!? 2 Railjacks, 8 people, seems raidy lol

25 minutes ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

That said, CURANCY NOT RNG. My biggest turn off to the main line arcanes is that it's RNG and I have to grind, grind, grind... I got 5k+ in mission hours. I don't need a reason to do the same thing over and over other than to get the curancy to target what I want to get.

This was why I liked Operation Orphix Venom a lot, because you always made progress no matter how many or few Orphixes your squad managed to defeat. Your time was never wasted because there was no RNG, and no "dry periods" of bad luck. Not to mention a currency shop allows you to simply choose what you're rewarded with, which eliminated the problem of getting redundant RNG drops.

When I first started with mods, I didn't want to upgrade my mods - mod capacity was precious, credits were scarce, this was in the days where you were encouraged to directly fuse duplicate mods, I couldn't fit my upgraded mods onto new weapons, and intuitively I expected more benefit from having multiple mods which gave multiplicative bonuses building off each other. It took the friend who introduced me to point out that e.g. Pressure Point gives 20% for 4 capacity but 40% for 5 capacity, so a single maxed Pressure Point at 120% gives way more benefit than two unranked mods giving 20% stacking with 15%. My first supercharged Dex weapon had the capacity to open up possibilities.

Allow underclocking mods! New players have too many reasons to not upgrade mods - it's expensive and it locks you out from using the mods, plus the corrupted mods have increased penalty with level. I don't think people would use underclocking very much, but if you know it's possible then you won't be second-guessing yourself every time you want to upgrade. New players are likely avoiding using catalysts because they're rare and cost money. With 10-15 capacity during leveling and early weapons without polarities, the modding system isn't very interesting.

5 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

So What Happens Next?
Now that we have this information a few key things stick out to us.

• The Mod System could do with some TLC
  • Players would like to see Trials come back, in addition to some more challenging end game content
  • There are a variety of areas that we can explore for some QoL changes

This survey was nice, but these bullet points just re-iterate the same feedback given year after year for atleast 4 (Trials only got removed in 2018).

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This survey was nice, but these bullet points just re-iterate the same feedback given year after year for atleast 4 (Trials only got removed in 2018).

Pretty crazy to go through the trials removal announcement thread and see all the negative responses that fell on deaf ears. Plus the tens or hundreds of threads that all got merged into one

I love fissures in this game and its really the only thing I do in warframe. I have wanted a way for a long time is the ability to refine multiple of the same relic at the same time. would be a huge QOL feature.

36 minutes ago, Seth_Ashcroft said:
40 minutes ago, -VM-CorruptedPsycho said:

Please give us a gameplay reason to have clans

I wouldn't necessarily want more activities behind the clan barrier, but I found a solo clan to work just fine for research.

I see Not dying as the main pick for Trials fails. Please do not make instakill effects in trials then, that would instantly become one of my main gripes with the system if implemented.  Okay with telegraphed systems in place and other methods of dying just not here is a laser that magically appears and has toxic damage to bypass shields and deals 100K damage now you are dead in half a second. And please do an NPC shop if a trails / raid system was implemented so that we do not have to suffer through the horrific RNG grind for certain rewards. And please do not implement a dumb timer restriction like the night/day system on the Plains or one-a-day system like Sorties does.

Skins(/new warewolf frame?): Ok for skins but pretty please go back and look at various warframes, their abilities and other gameplay assets to bring up underutilized elements to become more enticing for players to use. I know that there are a ton of augments being reviewed, which is a good starting place but this really badly needs to be expanded upon to other potential areas of our kits like Loki or Hydroid's passives for example.

Pretty interesting to see that all three open worlds got almost similar poll results, wonder if there were other elements that influenced this poll since I know in the veteran warframe community that the plains is regarded as slightly worse than the other open worlds due to the eidolons and horrific bounties objectives/bonuses. So this makes me wonder if there is a much higher influx of "newer" low MR players that took part in these polls also evidenced by the exploring as the most common open world activity favored. 

What makes DE say that the mod system needs a little TLC? Shouldn't it be fine as is? Allowing players to explore and experiment on their own I think is perfectly justifiable as that should be a reason to play the game and players can still look to content creators if they want to just make a build that just works instead.

5 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

The Mod System could do with some TLC

Not "could use", the Mod System NEEDS to get some TLC. The areas that should be focused on are:

• Mods are important and a proper introduction is needed. Maybe a beginners quest will help.
  • New players don't have a good way obtaining even the "basic essential mods", like Streamline, Continuity and Intensify.
  • There is no "one god build". The best build is the one the player is most comfortable using.
  • The Mod System for new players should not only teach them how to mod, but also encourage them to experiment by themselves.
    • Something I noticed while teaching new players how to mod: veteran players have enough experience and knowledge to make more gimmicky builds revolving around one or two abilities rather than the entire kit. New players doesn't have that luxury, so it might help them learn better when they focus on the first ability and slowly get them to try a build that works for all abilities at once. Try a focused build like veterans to reduce noise from other abilities for a minute.

32 minutes ago, FSK41 said:

Crossplay is pointless if there is nothing to play together

Crossplay/save is priority and since this is widely requested among all those of experience levels, this is on the top of the list. If you can't come up with things to do or have lost interest in the vast things the game already has, that's not DE's fault. There is far more in this game than what people who have the OP frames and mods complain about. Gameplay will come, but limiting the systems stunts possibility. Crossing would open the floodgates for content creators and players alike. 

35 minutes ago, FSK41 said:

Hopefully another pointless frame with no impact on the game is less needed than a new gamemmode 

This is an opinion and unnecessarily strong in wording. Just throwing that out there.

Archived