Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey Results

[DE]Dudley

New player experience is still a total mess - my friend that I play with on Switch has been completely ignorant of many game systems until I mentioned them to her (note, Switch is my alt account, I have another 2000 hour PC account) because they're *never* explained by the game. Even after playing for a couple of months she still didn't really understand how modding worked (there are *so many* different things to mod, and they all have different things to learn about), and would be struggling in missions until I ask to see her mod setup and there'd be some seemingly cool stuff in there which was actually utterly useless, like the plus IPS damage mods - unless you know the incredibly convoluted math, you don't know that +50% IPS vs +50% element is such a massive difference. Also, IPS on elemental weapons - the information overload on the modding screen meant she just didn't realise that she wasn't adding damage (also, why *don't* +IPS damage mods add that damage type, that would be AWESOME). The latest one? She's started running syndicate missions for rep in the last week, and had no idea there were medallions to be found for extra rep. AND SO ON.

Never mind that "story" progression is a complete mess. Did you know you can complete The New War without visiting the Ropalolyst, and therefore you get a truly bizarre story chunk completely out of order?

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

So there's two topics here: Power creep and gameplay/puzzles.

What do you mean by power creep? That the enemies are tough unless you are using the meta-weapons/builds?

Gameplay/puzzles... like the four player friendship door? Or something else?

Power creep as in players melting any enemies in there, boss included, by merely looking in their direction (joke btw, only that's honestly not far from the truth these days). I don't see how DE can balance enemies in there without either pulling a Conclave/Grendel mission mode where you're either stripped of mods, or are limited to mode-only mods. Because lets face it, the alternative is an entire balance pass on enemies, their AI, Warframes/abilities, weapons, etc. Basically something that's not gonna ever happen due to how monumental a task it would be, because in doing so they'd have to balance game modes, loot, rewards and more to fit the new pace of the game.

If the fallback = dodge both entirely and insert puzzles when to this very day people still struggle to stand still on a brightly glowing pad and shoot the bright green circles (Kela De Thaym) then lol gg. I feel sorry for DE in that regard, because puzzles can be fun... but when people in your team have the IQ of a potato it kinda ruins the fun for everyone.

hace 21 horas, staranow dijo:

Since I can not buy them with plat (I'm on PC) I must respectfully disagree with you there. Tennogen can look great and the work artists put out is amazing. But since its locked behind 'real money' and not plat, its not a deluxe skin.

You did not see my /s then

Weird you are familiar with the TIL part of my post, but not the /s part

But hey, free upvotes for you

22 hours ago, staranow said:

Since I can not buy them with plat (I'm on PC) I must respectfully disagree with you there. Tennogen can look great and the work artists put out is amazing. But since its locked behind 'real money' and not plat, its not a deluxe skin.

The player you are quoting is also a PC player.

btw "/s" means end-of-sarcasm. Similar to html markup syntax.

15 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Which gameplay segment did you enjoy the most in the new war?

Teshin

I am disappointed that drifter wasn't an option, an operator that can k-drive, equip pistols and had a more in-depth ability set compared to the default operator. was by far the most interesting gameplay,

Teshin basically played like a different kind of warframe which wasn't bad but drifter was more interesting imo.

inb4 werewolf question is on Devstream.

As part of the 10% that voted for "no fail state" my reasoning was that as you go through the segments of a raid, one failure shouldn't be an instant loss for the team. Instead, your team is allowed to go to the next segment but with a difficulty multiplier.

Raid starts at sortie level > fail objective > next segment enemies will have increased eximus units > etc. 

For me, past raids had people instantly quit games if one thing goes wrong.

Loki dropping the data mass and no one had the energy to pick it up. *two people leave* > Host migrations > failure to connect > wasted time.
Jordas' puzzle segment taking too long. *someone leaves* > host migrations > failure to connect > 15 minutes in and already having to look for another team.

My hopes is that even with failure, the raid progresses and the team stay together. 

4 hours ago, DaMasque said:

inb4 werewolf question is on Devstream.

As part of the 10% that voted for "no fail state" my reasoning was that as you go through the segments of a raid, one failure shouldn't be an instant loss for the team. Instead, your team is allowed to go to the next segment but with a difficulty multiplier.

Raid starts at sortie level > fail objective > next segment enemies will have increased eximus units > etc. 

For me, past raids had people instantly quit games if one thing goes wrong.

Loki dropping the data mass and no one had the energy to pick it up. *two people leave* > Host migrations > failure to connect > wasted time.
Jordas' puzzle segment taking too long. *someone leaves* > host migrations > failure to connect > 15 minutes in and already having to look for another team.

My hopes is that even with failure, the raid progresses and the team stay together. 

Yea i was surprised to see so many wanted raids back WITH a fail state seeing as to how that was the whole reason people werent doing raids before. People couldnt handle the simplest of task, cause everybody to fail the mission, and i think you wouldnt be able to play again for some time. Even if you could, raids still took hours to complete so imagine someone going stupid 30 mins to an hour in? Junk used to hurt

Think 2% of the community was playing raids n DE said it cost them too much for no 1 to be playing it.

Maybe a raid focusing less on puzzles and more on killing with actual boss fights will do better? 

14 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I won't lie, I can't really be hyped about raids in Warframe.

I see a lot of people like with 6 runs in total in LoR or even have not played raids at all. How can you have already an opinion about stuff you did not really invest time into?

Feel free to check people's profile here. Note that if your ign has changed, it does not translate automatically to the website, search for old username:
https://trials.wf/player/?user=FxT_Black_Master

That's not even much, if seen people with more runs kek

Mod TLC is definitely needed, the system is bloated, a lot of mods aren't used, and early on its hard to both know AND get what you need

Powercreep is an issue on some frames/weapons, and on others it isn't, which I guess is a problem in itself

The NPC segments were actually suuuper fun, they felt super well balanced and planned out (also the later gameplay parts as [REDACTED] were fantastic more of that please)

I think NPC events and Mini Games would probably be the go to options, since we already technically have player housing with the Dojo/Orbiter. Unless I can get an apartment on a relay or in Fortuna

Cambion Drift is probably the best open world IMO, just needs 3 big field bosses (third orb when?)

I still think adding coop racing to relays/dojos and maybe even the open worlds would have a lot more people playing them. Can even keep the leaderboards up and everything. It'd also scratch a very mild pvp itch without having to rebalance the entire game. Turn the Conclave into a race track (Keep Lunaro though, it's really jank and no one plays it but I like it)

Sevagoth and Lavos pls (make that lunar renewal Grendel skin a permanent cosmetic too! it's sweet!)

I'd personally prefer necramech skins, based purely on how many armor sets we already have

also where werewolf frame 😡

13 hours ago, Echoes said:

You did not see my /s then

Weird you are familiar with the TIL part of my post, but not the /s part

But hey, free upvotes for you

To be honest I have no idea what TIL means either. I just took what you said literally. Someone else said it was sarcasm? If so, yes I agree with you. Tennogen (regardless of how great it is!) does not equal a deluxe skin.

On 2022-03-03 at 3:16 PM, [DE]Dudley said:

Tenno,

We asked for your feedback and you answered! Thank you for the constructive feedback on how we can continue to improve and develop Warframe. Today we are happy to share the results from the Warframe 2022 survey that we partnered with Purzzle and Um_Jaewon to create. We received 70,253 responses from you and they are summarized below.

Warframe Survey 2022 General Topics

Warframe Survey 2022 Gameplay Topics

You can find the dataset for these results here.

So What Happens Next?
Now that we have this information a few key things stick out to us.

• The Mod System could do with some TLC
  • Players would like to see Trials come back, in addition to some more challenging end game content
  • There are a variety of areas that we can explore for some QoL changes

We will consider these takeaways and more as we continue to build Warframe! It’s exciting to see that a majority of the results align with our current aspirations for Warframe. There’s always room to improve and this survey gave us great consolidated feedback to move forward with. 

For all of the thoughtful and supportive comments, we are also appreciative! Thank you again, Tenno! Through your efforts, the Origin System continues to expand.

WHERE'S OUR GOOD BOY OOKAMI?

Im glad DE made this survey but not sorting it by players ingame time/mastery rank gave us really mixed results imo. Mastery rank 30 will surely do way less experimenting with mods than mastery 5-10. Also new players cant know how raids looked like unless they search them on youtube or somewhere since how long it was since raids were gone. Also i think raids should be without any mods or arcanes just to make it somewhat challenging and actually force people to think about what warframe and gear to bring. Todays warframe missions basically cant be failed unless you start afking. 

Once people figure how to make decent build, they dont really need to think about what mission they are getting into and a lot of players i met dont even bother to play with others since it can slow down the mission for them. (Im saying this as a clan leader and being part of alliance) People really dont bother to play together since there is little to no benefit for them. 
I would love to see some buff or bonus reward for playing with clan/alliance members. A lot of mmos have some sort of clan buffs like bonus exp. Seeing stackable buff per member in party could encourage players to play with others more and give clan or even alliance a better meaning. Seriously people are joining clans just for labs.  If clans could activate buffs for their members and lets say it would be 2-3% per clan member in party, and these buffs would have to be bought for mats, it could help with clans meaning at least a bit. 
Just adding decorations and rooms to dojo wont do much for clans since a lot of members dont even bother to walk around dojo and see these rooms. 

4 hours ago, --Q--BlackMaster said:

I see a lot of people like with 6 runs in total in LoR or even have not played raids at all. How can you have already an opinion about stuff you did not really invest time into?

Feel free to check people's profile here. Note that if your ign has changed, it does not translate automatically to the website, search for old username:
https://trials.wf/player/?user=FxT_Black_Master

That's not even much, if seen people with more runs kek

So to decide I dislike pizza for example, I need to eat pizza a hundred times for several years? That's nonsense.

I did all raids combined around maybe 20+ times, sucessfully because I had great clan mates to teach me (most sub20), and decided I didn't like them (my other trials are under my previous name, just rikutatis). Not enough combat, too much arbitrary puzzles. 

HOWEVER, you misunderstand me, I was against the removal of raids back then, I like people to have choice. Just because I didnt like old trials it doesnt mean I wanted them removed. My old clan loved them, they had weekly events to speedrun them. That clan died after DE removed trials. It was sad. 

What I said in this thread was that I have zero faith DE can make great raids with challenge and engagement, given how broken gameplay balance is. I'm talking about the better Destiny and FF14 raids, for comparison. Should they still make raids? Yea, sure. And I hope they can make them good and prove me wrong. But any raid boss for example will be a joke with current power creep. 

Archived