Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Dev Workshop PREVIEW

[DE]Megan

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Beyond Focus school reworks, Operator combat flow is getting improvements. Whenever you are in Operator Mode, the Melee input will now instantly bring your Warframe to your location to execute a melee attack. This replaces ‘Void Blast’. Any interactions that relied on Void Blast will be audited to ensure everything still works with other Void combat abilities!

So if I don't use melee, I'm losing functions over a change that already exists besides "requires an extra click"? The whole thing seems fine, but this change feels pointless and hurts more than helps. This should be an option the player should take, rather than removing a tool to add nothing in it's place.

Gonna be real: I hope this update nerfs Energizing Dash into the ground or removes it entirely. I'd like to play around with the focus schools, but the advantage offered by Zenurik is SO much more powerful than anything else on the tree that not running it feels like intentionally handicapping yourself.

With that perspective about to get me @'d to infinity, I'd like to ask what kind of changes will be made to Operator arcanes. A fair number of them run on Void Blast, which is about to go away, but what other ones will be changing alongside the new Operator moves?

This seems promising imo, I would even say this to be better than the last quest, if the quest is good too. The visuals and content coming point heavily to Drifter gameplay coming back, especially that sirocco amp upgrade screen and the new weapons having the wood and metal Tenno crafted weapon aesthetic, maybe these are the only weapons the Drifter can use in Duviri which would make sense for a Tigris or Corinth too, that gets me to thinking about a lot of things. This update is a dumped with Duviri setup which is what I am really excited for than the last few quests lol!!!

PS: The void dash looks dope, but is sluggish and very slow, why not make them like aimglides where the movement freezes and you zip through a path at faster speed and release the path and the Operator zooms through that path or something, idk the animation looks cool but gameplay wise it's not good, very slow and annoying from the looks, though we can't say yet as we didn't experience it yet, it was only a demonstration, who knows if it will be better or something, but whatever I would like you guys to consider our opinions or address if we didn't get something right or anything lol!!!

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Captain said:

Gonna be real: I hope this update nerfs Energizing Dash into the ground or removes it entirely. I'd like to play around with the focus schools, but the advantage offered by Zenurik is SO much more powerful than anything else on the tree that not running it feels like intentionally handicapping yourself.

With that perspective about to get me @'d to infinity, I'd like to ask what kind of changes will be made to Operator arcanes. A fair number of them run on Void Blast, which is about to go away, but what other ones will be changing alongside the new Operator moves?

or, or, hear me out here, you make it either waybound, or you DON"T wish for the only GOOD school to be nerfed, and rather, asks for all the OTHERS to be brought to the level of utility Zenurik has? no? it doesn't ring you a bell? 

most of this looks good, i especially like the change to energy drain eximi (lol oh no, a punishment for standing still? however will i cope /s)

void dash changes look unbelievably bad

also please, for the love of god, just give us universal passive energy regen already. veteran players already have a million ways to trivialize energy costs while Zenurik remains functionally mandatory for new players. removing it entirely would be garbage, and keeping it as-is or similar but still school-specific would mean Zenurik remains the only school worth taking until you're hundreds or thousands of hours into the game

Have an odd feeling the focus rework will nerf the popular schools like Zenurik and Naramon and slightly touch the others to bring them up to par instead of buffing everything to match and give reason to use. Also Void Dash change hurts because you want to change it for the "combat flow" you guys want but the game simply isn't played as slow as you guys want it to be. It's fast paced and that void dash is a quick way to maneuver out of situations. I will also bring up that us who do endurance rely on the void dash using the Vazarin school for invincibility so this is a indirect nerf to that alone.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)UmbralElite said:

Also Void Dash change hurts because you want to change it for the "combat flow" you guys want but the game simply isn't played as slow as you guys want it to be. It's fast paced and that void dash is a quick way to maneuver out of situations.

this! so many times this! DE needs to get through their head that the game isn't the way they want to. it's the Melee speed nerf all over again "Muh animations boohoo the players can't see the animations" , except that... nobody gives a damn about the animations, as long as the gameplay flows... this nerf is bad. it's a nerf to how Void Dash function in the game, period. it's slow, it's delayed/telegrpahed for NO REASONS WHAT SO EVER, and it's shorter too. it's a nerf. purely and simply, and you gotta be blind to not see it as it it. 

a nerf. 

it's Blink debate all over again. 

I'm hoping that the void dash change can be reconsidered. The old dash is perfectly fine, players can learn to adjust to and memorize the length of their void dashes just as they've done for bullet jumps. If we absolutely MUST have a void dash change, perhaps something more in line with Wukong's Cloud rather than the slingshot would be better? I think the fact that there's such an awkward delay with the slingshot method is what kills it for so many people, me included, and having something more along the lines of a Void-Cloud would be a nice tweak to the void dash, keeping the instant mobility while still giving more control over its previous (current) iteration. I do like that the operator retains much more of their momentum coming out of a void dash, though, if I had to say anything positive about the change. That's... about it, though.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the other school changes, primarily Zenurik and Energizing Bubble. I realize that it's an incredibly strong tool and a game changer when you get it, but that's what Focus Nodes should be. It's an enticing milestone to look forward to and perfectly serves the intended purpose of the Operator 'lifting up' your Frame. I can only hope the other options in the other trees are as equally enticing as Energizing Bubble currently is (and hopefully will continue to be. pls don't gut my bubble, I love my bubble).

Changes to void dash looked terrible. Auto-bringing the frame to the operator and annihilating void blast just to melee also doesnt sit well with me. I like Temporal Blast from Zenurik to slow certain enemies, thats obviously getting trashed now. Not impressed. Waiting for the workshop proper to see what else you're going to destroy.

I'd suggst simply making more items from schools un-bindable for use in all schools. Energizing dash would be great to use on another school, same with temporal blast, but well if those are just going to get nerfed or destroyed then why even bother trying to make a suggestion right?

2 minutes ago, Ann. said:

But why no Khora prime and why garuda instead?

lack of foresight? i don't have the stats, but i'm pretyt sure there's no good reasons to skip khora over to garuda. which one do players sees the most? certainly not garuda, heh. 

Omg that's such a cool update, I really love the focus school changes, Zenurik was so overpowered I hope it gets toned down to match the other focus trees, I spent so much time maxing all my focus schools only to realise that zenurik is still the best one :/ .
That new void dash looks sooo sick omg i love the effects it has and I'm a bit slow so the speed will help me a lot, you won't guess how many times i dashed into walls and died xD
I hope this will calm down the elitist eidolon hunters, I'm stuck to doing 3 tricaps per night because all those "good" players don't want to host me so i can become better, this will teach them to stop being so elitist.

Thank you for this update DE !!! so coool :D

3 minutes ago, Aoirenn said:

Omg that's such a cool update, I really love the focus school changes, Zenurik was so overpowered I hope it gets toned down to match the other focus trees, I spent so much time maxing all my focus schools only to realise that zenurik is still the best one :/ .
That new void dash looks sooo sick omg i love the effects it has and I'm a bit slow so the speed will help me a lot, you won't guess how many times i dashed into walls and died xD
I hope this will calm down the elitist eidolon hunters, I'm stuck to doing 3 tricaps per night because all those "good" players don't want to host me so i can become better, this will teach them to stop being so elitist.

Thank you for this update DE !!! so coool :D

You sound sadistic mate, makes you no different from what you said the veterans, I get it the eidolon community is very annoying, but for any person playing the game, it's a bad nerf, and if they wanted it to be like that they should not make it into short distance, but the way you said it feels gross, very pathetic lmao.

41 minutes ago, mikakor said:

no? void dash is used to travel around. what we saw today, was slow, cumbersome, and short. AKA the complete opposite of what it should be. you don't need to eat poop to know it would taste bad, do you? 

Mobility isn't its sole function. Depending on which school you spec into, it can be used to regen energy, make enemies vulnerable to finishers, disarm Kuva Guardians, etc etc.

While it is a great movement tool when maxed out (especially in the open worlds) its function for everything else is cumbersome and disorienting. A lot of the cramped tilesets were not designed to accomodate flying forward hundreds of meters in a split second. So more often than not I'll find myself flying headfirst into a wall or overshooting my target by a considerable margin.

So while we're on the subject on eating poop, I can say you're the one who is talking c**p right now. 

vor 27 Minuten schrieb TuxedoCatfish:

most of this looks good, i especially like the change to energy drain eximi (lol oh no, a punishment for standing still? however will i cope /s)

void dash changes look unbelievably bad

also please, for the love of god, just give us universal passive energy regen already. veteran players already have a million ways to trivialize energy costs while Zenurik remains functionally mandatory for new players. removing it entirely would be garbage, and keeping it as-is or similar but still school-specific would mean Zenurik remains the only school worth taking until you're hundreds or thousands of hours into the game

So you are saying DE should give sth to new player for free because veterans with 1000s of hours have better alternatives?

should we give them free primes, cosmetics, mods, endo etc too? maybe a ready to go account on top with everything unlocked? 

il y a une heure, touc a dit :

have you made ANY considerations for the eidolon hunting community? it doesn't seem like it

Focus rework have been asked by the majority of the community for years.

Focus school are supposed to be more than two mandatory nods for Eidolons farms.

il y a 12 minutes, mikakor a dit :

or you hope for the INTELIGENT move, they buff every other schools to be useful, rather than nerfing the only general good one...? the thing that people like YOU , forget, is that the reason why Zenurik is the superior choice is NOT because Zenurik is overpowered. it's because all the other choices are trash tier. you need to bring UP everything. not kill the only good one... what kind of backward logic is that? 

It's not even that good in the sense of being higher numbers or anything...

It's just because it gives energy and besides specific niche situations, nothing in this game is more valuable than having energy for your frame. So that's it.

9 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

While it is a great movement tool when maxed out (especially in the open worlds) its function for everything else is cumbersome and disorienting. A lot of the cramped tilesets were not designed to accomodate flying forward hundreds of meters in a split second. So more often than not I'll find myself flying headfirst into a wall or overshooting my target by a considerable margin.

yeah, you know what you use when you're in cramped tileset? your bloody warframe. that's what you use it for. so again, they're trying to reinvent the wheel, for no bloody reason other than to make void dash "LOOK" fancy, and flashy, rather than it being actually useful and snappy. 

The proposed void dash changes are going to hurt the fundamentals of warframes movement.
Please consider what the new method is going to do for movement fluidity and gameplay in general.
It'll hurt eidolon hunting to the point where it honestly might kill it.

Yes focus needs a rework but you don't need to change the movement to achieve that

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

yeah, you know what you use when you're in cramped tileset? your bloody warframe. that's what you use it for. 

Clearly you cherry picked parts of my previous post instead of actually reading what I said. Kinda makes you look a bit foolish. 

Whatever. I'll let you continue throwing your tantrum in peace.

Don't mind the dash changes since I never use it over warframe parkour anyway, but hoping Naramon doesn't get a reminder of shadow step and get its useful abilities made more clunky : |

If I heard right on stream, these augment changes coming are also only A-L frames? Since there will presumably be the rest of the alphabet at some point, will we get an ETA on that soon(tm)?

I like the whole zariman stuff idea though, I really really hope we can use this new zone as a 'mission control' like drifter camp, to realize that age-old dream of launching from dojo/relays 👀

Archived