Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Dev Workshop PREVIEW

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, mikakor said:

look, i'd say yes, but this is a horde shooter. we are demi gods creations against a horde. it's... kinda normal to be overtuned, no...?

I'll go with "no".

Horde shooter isn't equal to "you don't need to balance the game anymore".

It is okay to kill enemies by the thousands every minute. But it is not okay to not be challenged in some way. Because then what's the point? I can take my Revenant and proceed to play the game with one hand while picking my nose with the other. Is that empowering? I'd say no.

Have you ever played Path of Exile? A great game, also a horde slasher. The Tenno never even dreamed of killing so much people per minute as you can kill there. You're literally bathing in giblets. But in Path of Exile you can make one tiny mistake - and you're instantly dead. Is it well balanced? No. But it certainly makes you feel way more powerful than sleep-inducing gameplay of Warframe.

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

then idk what's your problem mate ^^" the current iteration of void dash is great already. it function as BOTH mobility and combat. even combat, yes. and it's FAST. everything the new iteration will do, the current one does it already, but better. so what's your point?! D: 

so the game should never have nurfs? 

and give me 1 reason y we should have been that fast in the first place?

also im not maxing out my sticks just to aim up and down instantly so i can end a void dash early so i dont smash into a wall on the other side of a room because de refuses to add mouse and keyboard support to ps4 and ps5 like they did with xbox

I actually thought the focus system was relatively balanced, there were just disparities due to the game's available content. For example, energy is just a generally frustrating system, so zenurik is the most used. Dying is the leading cause of mission failure, and enemy damage scaling still uses the old exponential scaling, so Vazarin is highly desired for literal invincibility. Invincibility should not exist by the way, you can't make any compelling gameplay around it, but this is all a collection of symptoms. Hopefully the rebalance is done with all this in mind. Currently Madurai is useless outside of eidolons, but also required specifically for efficient eidolons. I actually view this as the weakest school, not Unairu, which had a substantial enemy damage reduction dash that nobody noticed and an armor strip which is technically the strongest damage buff available to any focus school.

The new void dash looks incredible. Controlled distance is a highly appreciated QoL mechanic. Many dash abilities could substantially benefit from something like this, or at least a way to interrupt their travel.

Garuda Prime, I look forward to seeing her full changes. It seems like she still suffers from low health and poor ability usability that are still completely enemy-dependent similar to Grendel, which limits her mission viability, but some of these are in the right direction. The low-hp incentive from the passive is finally gone, very nice. I hope the passive could be damage or proc generated now and not kill generated. I think players have been very vocal about kill-conditions. Seeking talons is still like a worse armor removal, except it doesn't stack with HM or IB procs, it costs twice the energy of Psychic bolts, has lower duration, doesn't bypass shields, doesn't proc off of status damage and caps at 100% chance. The invulnerability is an uncomfortable way to solve her survival. Yes, this can technically make her the game's most durable frame, but this is such a cheap way to do it. It's both very boring, and way too strong to ever justify improving her other skills ever again. I hope she gets another look, like making the Dread Mirror kill condition more playable and rewarding it with healing or shield restores.

Edit: It seems that all of Garuda's abilities except bloodletting now provide I-frames. This could actually save her. I think it should be re-evaluated on Seeking talons though, which can be channeled infinitely. Maybe add a time limit to the invincibility, like 3 seconds scaling with duration.

Eximus changes seem very promising. Gamifying their mechanics adds fun to gameplay. Having stronger single units helps justify the enormously neglected single-target arsenal. Telegraphed attacks are exactly what the game needs more of. Looking forward to fighting them.

2 hours ago, mikakor said:

i DEEPLY hope that Zenurik energy dash and Naramon combo decay are jsut waybounds now. and not nerfed into irrelevency! 

Maybe these are more symptomatic of energy being very unpleasant to play with normally and melee combo just not having natural decay.

also, keep current Void Dash. it fills it's job and you are trying to re-invent the wheel for no reason about this mechanic. it's good as it is, stop trying to change things that works, and works good for what they're used for. 

there is NO NEED to have this telegraphed, even less having it nerfed to be slow, and short distance. void dash isn't used for combat purpose. it's used for TRAVELING. 

I disagree with this. Void dash suffers from the same issues as Tailwind and Tidal Surge to a lesser extent, where its fixed dash length can be difficult to play around, often overshooting when you're not targeting the ground. All you're worried about is the travel speed, which is as simple as making the telegraphed ball faster. 

(void dash anger)

calm down

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

One of her playstyles (the other being maximising her nuke, I don't care much about that) was about juggling her various buffs, bars and meters. Health and her passive, energy, shields, her blood orb damage. That and her mobility is what gives her a very unique playstyle, diving in and out of danger. If you take that away, why shouldn't I just play one of the same-old meta frames instead?

Seems like this will be another victim of the "streamlining process", or rather "dumbing things down unnecessarily" as I like to call that kind of change.

I support this sentiment. Reward Garuda's gameplay appeal! We'll see how things go, though.

2 hours ago, Iterniam said:

It's a good thing to give the player more control over the distance travelled with void dash, but the execution seems flawed. So far, the comments here and on Reddit are unanimously against the change: we fear it will make movement slower and feel bad.
There's the saying of "don't knock it till you try it", but we all know that void dash won't be changed anymore after we get our hands on it, even if it is on the test server.
So, DE, please workshop the implementation some more and take in community feedback about how to make a version that has the best of both worlds.

It sounds like some people really depended on the void dash for travel. I'll add an idea too:

• Void dash is now used by holding spacebar. Speed remains the same. Releasing spacebar during the dash ends the dash.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

also im not maxing out my sticks just to aim up and down instantly so i can end a void dash early so i dont smash into a wall on the other side of a room because de refuses to add mouse and keyboard support to ps4 and ps5 like they did with xbox

look, on that one i can't help you and this is a valid criticism i guess. i don't own one so i can't tell. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

and give me 1 reason y we should have been that fast in the first place?

because it's simply the way warframe evolved. to be fast. i'm not saying it's good or bad, it's just the case. and making one of our primary movement tool go slow as #*!% is starting to take over warframe movements. the void dash we saw during the stream was extremely limited and the warframes could do these movements without problem. so it's twofold. 

first, warframe is a FAST game, period. even if nobody likes it, the developers the first, that's what it is, that's how people play it, the end. this is a nerf to people's mobility in a game where it's all about speed. if it loses that, it loses it's MAIN usage. and who knows what will happen to the secondary usages like Energizing dash and what not. 

the second problem is that it's so low distance that it starts confilcting with the warframe movmeent . if i can cover a single ( new ) void dash with a bullet jump, there's kinda no points... 

3 minutes ago, VhwatGoes said:

which is as simple as making the telegraphed ball faster. 

i guess...? that MAY work. but the distance and speed is important. as well as being immobilized in the air while doing the jump. it's "All in all" a slower experience. 

3 minutes ago, VhwatGoes said:

calm down

.. .okay, you did made me laugh. yes, it's "angry void dash angery noises" ^^" 

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

New

Arson Eximus units maintain a Fire Blast attack, but you can now counter the Fire Blast by simply rolling through it to negate its oncoming effect.

but... we can already do that...

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

BLITZ

Current

A Seismic Shockwave knockdown with short range.

TIL Blitz Eximus can knock you down. I've been playing this game for 3 or 4 years, and I've never been knocked down by these. I thought they only had that electric aura, and that's it. Definitely the most harmless eximus right now.

5 minutes ago, mikakor said:

look, on that one i can't help you and this is a valid criticism i guess. i don't own one so i can't tell. 

because it's simply the way warframe evolved. to be fast. i'm not saying it's good or bad, it's just the case. and making one of our primary movement tool go slow as #*!% is starting to take over warframe movements. the void dash we saw during the stream was extremely limited and the warframes could do these movements without problem. so it's twofold. 

first, warframe is a FAST game, period. even if nobody likes it, the developers the first, that's what it is, that's how people play it, the end. this is a nerf to people's mobility in a game where it's all about speed. if it loses that, it loses it's MAIN usage. and who knows what will happen to the secondary usages like Energizing dash and what not. 

the second problem is that it's so low distance that it starts confilcting with the warframe movmeent . if i can cover a single ( new ) void dash with a bullet jump, there's kinda no points... 

u do realize that its meant to be a movement tool for the operator and not the frame right?

saying that ur only use for the operator is moving the frame across the map and thats exactly what they r trying to change is a problem... well im just going to say that its not

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Spider_Enigma:

u do realize that its meant to be a movement tool for the operator and not the frame right?

It doesn't matter what it's meant to be. The only thing that matters is what it is, and what it is is redundant.

35 minutes ago, -fly said:

This common enemy does not rise out of a body of water, but cowers in a modest-storied building in Ontario, Canada. For years they've innovated and fought a silent battle against this common enemy

I love how it pictures DE as this devious entity scheming against the players to finally kill Warframe.

This is now officially my head canon.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

saying that ur only use for the operator is moving the frame across the map and thats exactly what they r trying to change is a problem... well im just going to say that its not

except that it's a good thing for operator. because otherwise, it has no other usage. here's the facts. 

what we saw currently was clunkier than our void dash, slower, and shorter. this is what we SAW. 

second,  about the utility... we can do everything that the nerfed  void dash will be able to do already. it's just a nerf in general my guy... 

2 hours ago, Krankle said:

This is the BEST update since the New War. I like the focus rework, liking the new game modes!

Question about Game modes: void storms in new game modes??

Best update since last update? Flawless logic there.

All the changes to void dash seem poorly planned, sure hope it's not blink 2.0 here. Also what kind of focus amounts are we expecting in the new system? Same amount as current to max? More? Less? Also how insanely poorly balanced will the focus store thing be, 1 mil for a noggle?

Overall curious but worried about what's coming.

Excited for the most part, void dash seems slower, but at this point we don't really know how if the speed and potential distance could be affected in someway by a waybound or something, not only about the speed, in console at least I'm able to go in different directions without changing the aim too much and this seems like it requires you to aim, so for regular content I can see it as a nerf, there's various instances of the game where my warframe is slowed like the traps the enemy uses in Index, my solution is going operator, void dash in a direction I see fit and calling warframe back, I can do this without loosing sight of the enemy, with the change I'm not sure if that will be possible.
I'm very positive about the idea of a focus school rework, and I'm pretty sure you're threading as finely as possible knowing that certain things are essentials for some playstyles, energizing dash allows me to run brief respite in squishy frames and use skills as panic buttons when I loose shields(I mean yeah, augur set and energy syphon could do it, and energy pads... but you get me I guess), which is kinda weird if you think about it but that would force all frames to run adaptation for higher lvl endurance runs, and i'm not  even talking about lvl cap, which I know most people don't do, I don't do that myself, but some rewards are only available in c rotations making longer runs desirable in some cases and that would be kind of detrimental for warframes that are not very durable, and while is true that most people would choose certain warframes for x or y type of mission, not being able to go to higher lvls with some warframes doesn't seem right to me, aslo yeah, Vazarin is a thing for long endurance runs and rolling guard and all that meta, so yeah, focus changes are more than welcome, and i'm sure we'll end finding ways to go nuts and do lvl caps and all of that but yeah I agree with a lot of other answers, not in the same way, but there's a bit of concern about what some of these changes imply.
Also, I love the idea of texture for new skins, I hope you consider bringing that to the base prime warframes at least, I think that treatment is justified in that case, but I know that's a lot of work too.
Lastly, I hope the rework on pets is not just limited to the fur of kubrows, while I love that, I hope we get something else to make all the companions a bit more engaging, Moas and Kubrows just don't make it, sentinels, a couple can work but if anything most people use them to get vigilante set bonus, from the latest additions only vulpaphina seems to be useful, smeeta kavat is there for charm, but it's a bit tiring to go to revive them every couple of minutes even after doing the best build possible, I welcome the rework on eximus because that can make gameplay more engaging and more active, I hope we can see the same with companions at some point.

Noooo. not my void blast. T_T I LIKED using that. I'm going to end up switching by accident so much... How am I going to knockdown and slow enemies by 80% with a shocking void punch to the face? How to make wisps? or lob charged fireballs? or punch my friends to shield them? :< Is it being repurposed as a skill key?

So keen for this update. A lot to look forward to. Really looking forward to the eximus changes. Love the new effects. 

Can't say how I feel about all the operator changes until I try them, but what we've seen so far looks promising. 

The new Void Dash looks really slow and just kills its current main use. I don't know how common it is for people to use Void Dash for combat purposes, but I assume it's not very common. Even then, it's easy enough to control by sort of looking downwards if you want to travel a shorter distance. It's a terrible idea to ruin it for no reason really.

Hang on here. If Void Blast is gone. Doesn't that means The War Within has to be changed as well?? Not only that but Kuva Siphons needs some rework. And those Kuva Fatboys will stay invulnerable forever. 

I don't like parasetic eximus dropping magnetic bombs. We can just put on arcane or status immunity abilities then ignore them. Make those parasetic bombs drain energy just don't make them magnetic.

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

General:

• Beyond Focus school reworks, Operator combat flow is getting improvements. Whenever you are in Operator Mode, the Melee input will now instantly bring your Warframe to your location to execute a melee attack. This replaces ‘Void Blast’. Any interactions that relied on Void Blast will be audited to ensure everything still works with other Void combat abilities!

• Void Dash: this is now a telegraphed movement tool with more interdirectionality and pivoting potential to better traverse the game’s tiles and combat spaces. Chained-forward traversal is still a valid option, but it has been redesigned. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/MildBlazingJaguarDxAbomb-lIacZK0xfZcQO2Mh 

With some peoples complaints, wouldn't this make sense to give it to SPOILER MODE so it actually gives them something of difference rather than a different role animation so you can please two different crowds? Would make sense

Yeeeeeah I'm not excited for these changes, at all, based on what I've seen. I like the concept of Void Blast, and you're making it instead force a Warframe melee attack? That just feels... weird. Clunky, I'd say. Just make Operator combat worth it on its own, imo, if we're going to have it at all.

And the Void Dash change? Please don't.

Archived