Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Dev Workshop PREVIEW

[DE]Megan

5 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Clearly you cherry picked parts of my previous post instead of actually reading what I said. Kinda makes you look a bit foolish. 

Whatever. I'll let you continue throwing your tantrum in peace.

i talked about the part where you complained about using Void Dash in cramped space. you got an option for that already and removing it from the player is dumb. there's nothing else to talk about. each places have it's own movement option already and there's no need to change that over a ridiculous "ho look our new void dash is so FABULOUS" kind of BS.  also, sad truth with DE, it's better to yell hard and be proven wrong, than do nothing and be proven right. 

Look at Yarely, it's almost Wukon pre rework tier and she's ... well... she's Yareli... and somehow, no actual buffs. if we get #*!%ed over by the changes, and that there isn't noises, DE will not change it, DE will not fix it. and we'll be stuck with it. 

57 minutes ago, mikakor said:

who even THOUGHT about having this telegraphed? who needs it? the grineer? ho boo #*!%ing hoo. like seriously, there's no NEED for dash to be telegrpahed. we, the player, knows where our dash will go. and we're forcefully being nerfed just so our dash can look fancier and more tacticool, rather than tactical. 

all style, no substance. 

i agree

Just now, teaman. said:

"all style, no substance" alot of projecting goin on here huh... 

no, it's easy to see. the new iteration of void dash looks fancy as hell, but in practicality, it's a full on negative when looking at how it's currently used. there was no reason to change it. 

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

blahblahblah

Clearly you lack basic reading comprehension. Go back and read my previous post! 

12 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Mobility isn't its sole function. Depending on which school you spec into, it can be used to regen energy, make enemies vulnerable to finishers, disarm Kuva Guardians, etc etc.

You're focusing purely on the mobility aspect and not utility, which the current version of void dash utterly fails at.

14 minutes ago, mikakor said:

or you hope for the INTELIGENT move, they buff every other schools to be useful, rather than nerfing the only general good one...?

I like how increasing the power creep is now considered an InTeLlIgEnT move. You know... there's a reason the Devs don't read General Discussion anymore, just saying...

Ahem, anyway.

As someone already suggested, Wukong's cloud is a much more controllable and functional movement ability. Why bothering inventing some telegraphs which may or may not actually work, when you have that. Of course we don't know the full picture yet, and it may be great, but in the case of such a vital movement ability as Void Dash, may be is not enough.

So it is concerning, but the rest of the changes are much more promising.

Void dash changes need to not go trough or you need to give us a way faster control of the void dash distance. Void dash mobility is a great tool right now and in the preview it looked entirely worthless mobility wise.

Aside from that, question: Will the new player house on the Zariman have orbiter functionality like arsenal, focus menu, foundry, mod station, nav, store, codex, helminth, etc...?

hace 1 minuto, --RV--Hyenah dijo:

Aside from that, question: Will the new player house on the Zariman have orbiter functionality like arsenal, focus menu, foundry, mod station, nav, store, codex, helminth, etc...?

Also please, allow us to use dojo decorations in the new and old flathouse/orbiter thing, you asked us what could we do to make dojos more functional and everyone said player housing.

Then you ignored dojos again and gave us another house. 

If dojos are not gonna have that functionality at least allow us to use the vast array of dojo decorations in the new flathouse. That level of customization is much needed, and testing decoration setups is not viable with plat bought decor, which makes it extremely expensive.

8 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

You're focusing purely on the mobility aspect and not utility, which the current version of void dash utterly fails at.

What utility? Magus Lockdown? You can cover more enemies with current Void Dash. Proccing Virtuous Shadow? You can do faster back and forth dashes with current Void Dash. I fail to see why Void Dash would be anything other than mobility. It's literally called Void D A S H.

6 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

As someone already suggested, Wukong's cloud is a much more controllable and functional movement ability. Why bothering inventing some telegraphs which may or may not actually work, when you have that. Of course we don't know the full picture yet, and it may be great, but in the case of such a vital movement ability as Void Dash, may be is not enough.

that'd be nice. 

6 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

I like how increasing the power creep is now considered an InTeLlIgEnT move.

powercreep? it's not a powercreep. Zenurik is a neat tool but you can live without it and still function just as well. on the other hand, the other school are just bad, period. if for you, powercreep is "viable" , then damn, we got a LOT of nerfing to do :D 

8 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

the current voied dash has SOME utility in certain school, but we could give it utility without f*cking up the movement, don't you agree?> 

I'm liking the sound of it. 

I won't hate on the dash change yet.  As it stands now where I am with the focus schools. I don't really have the energy to spam the dash like others do.

Which is what this change I think is targeting.  not everyone has all the trees maxed and the ability of high level players to use it as the greatest movement ability.

Is likely overshadowed by newer players who find it awkward and disorienting. 

6 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Clearly you lack basic reading comprehension. Go back and read my previous post! 

void dash ain't got no problem. you from the looks of it is the problem. from wat i read u just suck at the game tbh 😂 focus tree needs a rework yes but not like this. and sure as hell not this trash proposed void dash. 

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

And this, fellow Tenno, is a prime example of knocking something before trying it.

Wait until the test cluster or release before you throw your toys out of your pram.

this *would* be a vaild criticism if DE were willing to change something after they added it to the game... but uh... they don't

27 minutes ago, mikakor said:

So again, they're trying to reinvent the wheel, for no bloody reason other than to make void dash "LOOK" fancy, and flashy, rather than it being actually useful and snappy. 

We're coming full circle to the same debate all over again. The UI overhaul, blink nerf, melee attack speed, self damage, etc.

1 minute ago, touc said:

this *would* be a vaild criticism if DE were willing to change something after they added it to the game... but uh... they don't

which is the main reason why i'm so vocal about it. if we don't CLEARLY scream at DE so much that this is all they can see, they'll think it's good, ship it, and we'll be stuck with it for years even if it's bad because they are never willing to do QUICK adjustement to... well, to anything. 

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

It's the same debate all over again. The UI overhaul, blink nerf, melee attack speed, self damage, etc.

this, my dear voltage. ( hi, it's been a long time! how are you doing? ) .  break the wheel and try to make it a square and pretend you're making something good and better :D 

since i'm a big user of the current void dash, it's also one of the reason why i'm freaking out to badly. if DE #*!% up and ship it, we're stuck it with. they are too stubborn to admit when they mess up and revert stuff. 

21 minutes ago, Voltage said:

What utility? Magus Lockdown? You can cover more enemies with current Void Dash. Proccing Virtuous Shadow? You can do faster back and forth dashes with current Void Dash. I fail to see why Void Dash would be anything other than mobility. It's literally called Void D A S H.

Protective Dash? 🙄

21 minutes ago, mikakor said:

the current voied dash has SOME utility in certain school, but we could give it utility without f*cking up the movement, don't you agree?> 

All I'm seeing right now is the typical kneejerk response from a bunch of crybabies. Just like the idiots who were outraged when Shotguns were apparently being "nerfed" with the status rework only to find out they are now much stronger than before.

Just remember Reb didn't have the focus waybounds active during the devstream. Just shut up and wait until you actually get to try it for yourself. 

8 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Zenurik is a neat tool but you can live without it and still function just as well. on the other hand, the other school are just bad, period. if for you, powercreep is "viable" , then damn, we got a LOT of nerfing to do :D

Zenurik isn't just "viable". It (combined with other methods we have) almost invalidates the Energy as a resource. I can't remember the last time I actually had troubles maintaining energy balance.

However, if with Energy it is "bearable" or one could say, even "fine", with things like dps, healing and such it can increase our overall power quite a bit. So it is power creep to just buff everything to the level of the most overpowered competitor.

And is certainly not the most intelligent of moves most of the time (see melee buffs).

2 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Zenurik isn't just "viable". It (combined with other methods we have) almost invalidates the Energy as a resource. I can't remember the last time I actually had troubles maintaining energy balance.

yeah, it invalidate if you already go full efficiency. but if not, EVEN with the Dash you sometimes are in lack of energy. that and leeches too. so no, it's not broken, it's viable. and a "good boost" . that's what every school should be. a GOOD boost to your warframe gameplay, and not some gimmick that you could play without or doesn't even do that much. what you're suggesting is bringing Zenurik to the point of the other school, that are "yeah, okay, that's kinda here" kinda S#&$, that you play without ever really using because it doesn't do CRAP. for an analogy. the focus school shouldn't be a +1% crpa like you see in MMO, it should be a BOOST to your gameplay, that you FEEL. 

Void dash changes are definitely for the worse. While Rebecca's dash speed/distance is likely un-upgraded in the stream is does appear to be slower. which will affect Profit taker and eidolons where pushback mechanics can suddenly send you a hundred meters away from the fight and you need to quickly return to the fight. only use of void dash to me in missions is on long straightaways where you can dash 2-3 times in a row without hitting a wall.

Archived