Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Nora Night - please bring back/return credits

Khamikazes

Hi Everyone, hi Warframe Team and Devs,

OK so Nightwave (Nora Night) series/missions ended out of sudden this past weekend.

I had significant credits saved waiting for a good time and good item to be purchased.

If I and users had clear notice of the its ending, like you already do for any other game/mission events very clearly n the main navigation of the games, I would have used my Nightwave credits.

Please please please I beg you: if you are not planning to continue the Nightwave series and return the credits players already have, please considering providing usa  alternative so we can use the credits and acquires resources accordingly.

Yours respectfully,

57 minutes ago, Khamikazes said:

If I and users had clear notice of the its ending, like you already do for any other game/mission events very clearly n the main navigation of the games, I would have used my Nightwave credits.

Posted Feb 23 2022

It was also posted in the News/Community Terminal on your Orbiter. In flashing text. hZ6x1ba.jpg

57 minutes ago, Khamikazes said:

if you are not planning to continue the Nightwave series and return the credits players already have,

Sorry. Your nightwave coins have little value now. But the new Nightwave is starting soon. This roadmap was released during the last official DevStream: cBNSIJKZvzWmDq3F5ribdlteniN0I89qbU4w6Nef

You can read the Cole's Notes version of the DevStream here:

10 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

It was also posted in the News/Community Terminal on your Orbiter. In flashing text.

It's kind of interesting how even though we all see news console there and text is flashing and all still many don't read it. I myself barely read it that often. 

I think OP has point here because yes they said it in forums and stream and what not but it's classic case of design flaw to expect players go here or look there for a thing because majority probably won't. 

I think they should instead have inbox message from Nora Night which you are forced to open when login into game which would state that current show is ending soon so spend you creds soon and stuff. that way players would have almost zero chance to miss it. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

It's kind of interesting how even though we all see news console there and text is flashing and all still many don't read it. I myself barely read it that often. 

I think OP has point here because yes they said it in forums and stream and what not but it's classic case of design flaw to expect players go here or look there for a thing because majority probably won't. 

I think they should instead have inbox message from Nora Night which you are forced to open when login into game which would state that current show is ending soon so spend you creds soon and stuff. that way players would have almost zero chance to miss it. 

I used to miss it all the time when it was first added, its just not something i was used to check over the years

4 hours ago, Khamikazes said:

OK so Nightwave (Nora Night) series/missions ended out of sudden this past weekend.

It wasn't "Out Of A Sudden".... We were given a Warning it was going to end 30 Days Ago... 👀

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Posted Feb 23 2022

It was also posted in the News/Community Terminal on your Orbiter. In flashing text. hZ6x1ba.jpg

Sorry. Your nightwave coins have little value now. But the new Nightwave is starting soon. This roadmap was released during the last official DevStream: cBNSIJKZvzWmDq3F5ribdlteniN0I89qbU4w6Nef

Wow.... You came Prepared... 👀 !!!

2 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

You do have a Point there....

6 hours ago, Khamikazes said:

take your L, king  

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

not really, ingame console shows news like this.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I only saw it because I happened to be online when it was put there.... I don't actually look at the console before and after each mission..

DE can't really call every single player and tell them. they have places for news. out and inside the game. this is more than most games do, and everyone who ignores them has given up their rights to complain that something happened "out of a sudden"

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

DE can't really call every single player

Like I said in my reply they could make message that pops up when you log into the game similar way when there's Fomorian or Prime gear stuff. You are forced to open those messages so you couldn't miss it. That is simple fix for this issue. 

12 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Posted Feb 23 2022

who is cole  xD 

11 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

People can just ignore those stuffs as well. You know "Press ESC".

I sometimes ignore Baro and next few second I wonder "where is Baro?". Haha. Stupid me. Ps. yeah, I know I can go straight to Baro.

On the 14.03 I've joked about it in the chat. Hahaha. It's like 1/2 of month to prepare.

7 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Like I said in my reply they could make message that pops up when you log into the game

not feasible either for regular game updates. have a news console and putting it at the top spot for a month is more than generous. especially how easy it is to missclick and open it instead of navigation. 

pop up would be just annoying "oh, urgent message for... a thing in a month. when I will have forgotten again". great. no thanks. and "they can resend them every week" yeah, how about no? this is just not reasonable on any level. 

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Yet they can whenever there's a Ghoul Purge or When Baro Visits ?

except they do not do that a month before Ghoul or fBaro. curious. the "SOMETHING IS HAPPENING NOW" method cannot be used for "in a month" when you will have forgotten anyway. stop being weird. there was plenty warning. IN GAME. they make that S#&$ blink. if you miss that, you'd close the mail pop up before you have even seen what it is.

On 2022-03-16 at 1:16 AM, (PSN)IdoThea said:

+1000

On 2022-03-16 at 8:02 PM, Oggyswe said:

They should just add a ingame email thats sent when they go public with the end date and this wouldent happen anymore unless players really just dont care

It seems a good idea untill a player says the same thing like "but i pressed esc fast that i coulnd't read it". I don't agree on the point to follow needs just because players lack of attention or interest in the events/"community" concept.
And the fact he came here to create this post is the confirm that there was care to do this, to follow a solution, to read, to exchange opinions, care that wasn't to read the 30 days advice about one of the main events that guides you to do several quests daily/weekly.
I personally don't want a message for everything, part of a good game is also the "natural flow" to go through the events on the sake and the contribution of the player to let this great community grow up and improove together.
Example: one week ago i forget many ways to do steel path raids to earn eough essences for the weekly item, and i ddamn blame my self for this xD (ddamn me) not the game for the essences)

7 hours ago, Manuelando said:

It seems a good idea untill a player says the same thing like "but i pressed esc fast that i coulnd't read it". I don't agree on the point to follow needs just because players lack of attention or interest in the events/"community" concept.
And the fact he came here to create this post is the confirm that there was care to do this, to follow a solution, to read, to exchange opinions, care that wasn't to read the 30 days advice about one of the main events that guides you to do several quests daily/weekly.
I personally don't want a message for everything, part of a good game is also the "natural flow" to go through the events on the sake and the contribution of the player to let this great community grow up and improove together.
Example: one week ago i forget many ways to do steel path raids to earn eough essences for the weekly item, and i ddamn blame my self for this xD (ddamn me) not the game for the essences)

Or put a timer in the nigthwave broadcast screen so when they deside the date it ends you see the date and count down. 

And i know some people will whine about it stressing them but everyone cant be happy 

On 2022-03-15 at 9:05 PM, Khamikazes said:

I had significant credits saved waiting for a good time and good item to be purchased.

Important items like: Orokin Generators/Catalysts ,Kuva, Nitain, and Vauban parts, are Evergreen Items available at any time.

The only Rotating stuff to wait for is non-essentials. Stuff like cosmetics, random aura mods, etc. -and all of these items are Cheap, like 30 creds or so.

So I see no reason why you would be stockpiling unspent credits 'waiting' for something good. Buy the Important stuff as you need it on the spot, and at most hoard 60 creds or so for some random cosmetic that might show up later.

Seems to me, if you went the entire season not spending credits; you probably weren't going to be spending them anyway. Because honestly nothing was going to significantly change with the inventory rotation.

-if nothing was worth buying yesterday for you, nothing will be worth buying tomorrow.

The game just need to do one thing

Give you a message when nightwave only has a few weeks left. Not one week, a lot of people will take a break from the game for a whole week and miss it if it's just one. At least 2 weeks in advance.

The game need to put it front and center right in your face. Players shouldn't be expected to keep up to date on the forums and streams constantly to know when the game's gonna just invalidate some of their work.

I agree the game should just make them usable indefinitely. But if the devs are insistent that they stay the way they are at least warn us in a reasonable way that we don't have to go completely out of our way to see.

On 2022-03-15 at 10:00 PM, LillyRaccune said:

You're the second person I've seen SAY that and then provide 0 evidence that it actually happened. Your screen shot doesn't show anything of the sort, the forum posts about it don't show up in the news or community history of that console at all. I've played this game for 6 years and generally pay attention to forum and stream stuff and I didn't even know that console had 2 tabs until just now. But it's not shown in ether of them. The vast majority of people don't look at that. I've never seen an in-game warning that a nightwave's gonna end.

On 2022-03-16 at 2:10 AM, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

You can sell old nightwave credits for credits.

They might as well just turn into dust for all the good that is. You can earn enough credits in one round of index to cover half the amount of NW creds you get in an entire season

14 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Your screen shot doesn't show anything of the sort, the forum posts about it don't show up in the news or community history of that console at all.

You are correct about my screenshot. I took the picture to show you where it was, but you are correct that the posts are not there anymore. The "nightwave is ending" post was there, as soon as nightwave ended they took it down.

I agree that it would be appropriate to have a constant "nightwave status" so you can see how long the current iteration of nightwave has been active and see if it is coming to an end. All in a single glance, available 24/7. I also agree that DE has not been handling the transition between nightwaves appropriately. There should be an email on login (like Baro) and other ways to get information and not have the forums be the key source for info. Also the two weeks notice they gave us was not enough, I think it should have been 4 weeks.

What I do not agree with is your hostile communication in your writings. You are 100% entitled to your opinion, but your negativity is not good for the community or yourself. There is nothing serious or offensive in what you have written, but it does feel like you are yelling and shouting at everyone. It isn't healthy. https://forums.warframe.com/guidelines/

Archived