Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is the most unenjoyable update in warframe history.

I'm enjoying it so far. The 4th bounty keeps failing to end for me about 50% of the time, but aside from that no critical issues. New areas, changes and additions are all pretty cool so far.

I'd say my only complaint on the design is that the plumes should be picked up once and given to the grp. Had many pubs fail as we all jump for a crest or vane and the cascade blows by in a few seconds somehow. Seems odd to have time sensitive objectives with a secondary goal of picking things up spread across the map which can be quite large. Thats more an issue about the players, but should have been an obvious outcome given this is warframe.

On 2022-04-30 at 11:36 PM, Cr34tor0fGODz said:

Entire update is a giant medallion hunt. That is bad.

Second, what is wrong with bounty drop. I did 4 hours of exterminate bounty, 3 mins each round. I have 5 Gyre systems, but 0, repeat, ZERO Alternox. It is not even a good weapon. There needs to be a gold drop guarantee system in place. Something like 100% drop of rare after 50 runs or something.

Railjack 1.0 and Old blood were way worse. for now the rep grind with the new faction its not soo bad, drop table its broken AF.

15 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why? They are just basic missions with an added side objective that mostly gets passively done. A few of them are wonky based on the mission type, if playing solo, but many players have also asked for more group focused content. I far prefer Zariman bounties over the others since the others are just long and tedius.

Dunno, imo the new mission types are pretty much uninteresting garbage where absolutely nothing happens. It didn't help that the first Tier 4 bounties that I've done had the atrocious "kill 30 enemies with the operator" objective, which is just un-fun as it can be against lvl 110+ corpus.

Deimos bounties were trash as well and the Fortuna bounties have the problem of totally garbage enemy design, randomly ignoring your abilities, but Zariman's bounties hit a new low for me. Granted, I didn't do all of them, I've done two different types and I don't see myself ever going back again to the Chrysathing, which is coincidentally also a terrifically badly designed hub (with the "door" to the missions being 300m away from the bounty guy, in comparison with all three other hubs where the gate is one bullet-jump away (or two for Deimos')).

At least in Deimos you could feel something was happening, for some of them, while you're swarmed with enemies. Yesterday I think I've done the T4 bounty twice and we killed like 200 enemies per bounty ? The rest was us wandering around to find something to do or the new resources.

On 2022-04-30 at 11:36 PM, Cr34tor0fGODz said:

Entire update is a giant medallion hunt. That is bad.

Second, what is wrong with bounty drop. I did 4 hours of exterminate bounty, 3 mins each round. I have 5 Gyre systems, but 0, repeat, ZERO Alternox. It is not even a good weapon. There needs to be a gold drop guarantee system in place. Something like 100% drop of rare after 50 runs or something.

The Old Blood would like to have a word with you. As that was by far near unanimously voted the worst update the game has had.

(This is why I normally wait 1 or 2 months before playing new content now.)

That said. I personally think the Eximus are biggest sore spot of the update gameplay wise. But with a few tweeks they'll be fine.

For starters the immunity to CC is absolutely bs. It doesn't even make them tough. It just makes them teeth gritting annoying.

Also the powers homing in on the player is absolute BS. Especially if the player is in stealth.

But beyond that they aren't so bad, their health scaling has been ok.

The worse thing about them is their spawn rate. Which is unchanged.

At no point should a player be staring at 10+ of these new and improved Eximus units (which is what happens now). When I play a mission and Eximus start to outnumber the regular units (which was fine in the past) there is a problem as there is only so much even a Veteran can dodge.

It essentially makes players cry foul. Like when games add in instant death mechanics.

IE: Invisible enemies that OHK the player via sniper or backstab.

It doesn't feel difficult it just feels cheap.

Add in that base Operator dmg cannot be be improved (Amps cannot be modded or upgraded) and it feels cheap.

As for the Zariman:

I don't mind the Medallion hunt too much. But given the fast paced nature of this game. They may as well have made Zariman levels balanced around Operator gameplay if this was their goal.

IE: Zariman is the only map where Warframes aren't used.

Additionally, I am disappointed the Zariman didn't get the Deimos treatment in having unique enemies.

To shoehorn Grineer and Corpus into it is absolutely bs. Like Deimos, Zariman should have had an entire roster of Void horrors for players to deal with.

The ship should be a harrowing and mysterious void themed romp. Not the usual Grineer and Corpus we've fought for over 9yrs. 

Having Grineer and Corpus units really, really, REALLY kills the mystique of the Zariman, and grinds the tension and atmosphere to a halt.

Deimos was honestly how Zariman should have been done. Unique enemies, unique mechanics, altered gameplay.

Zariman could and should have really put the Operator into the spotlight, both gameplay and storywise.

TNW proved that DE can easily balance the game around such gameplay as a good 90% of it was Operator gameplay mechanics but with character skins and limited kits. 

I know some dislike the Operators but having 1 tileset where they shine would be a breath of fresh air.

If it makes you feel better....

During Profit Taker launch it took me 3 months to farm the Repeller systems needed to rank up and make Gravimags due to the horrible bounty drop rates.

Yeah let's just say I damn near gave up on the game during that period. Thankfully, Profit Taker wasn't (still isn't) required for any form of progression so that essentially saved the game.

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Dunno, imo the new mission types are pretty much uninteresting garbage where absolutely nothing happens. It didn't help that the first Tier 4 bounties that I've done had the atrocious "kill 30 enemies with the operator" objective, which is just un-fun as it can be against lvl 110+ corpus.

Deimos bounties were trash as well and the Fortuna bounties have the problem of totally garbage enemy design, randomly ignoring your abilities, but Zariman's bounties hit a new low for me. Granted, I didn't do all of them, I've done two different types and I don't see myself ever going back again to the Chrysathing, which is coincidentally also a terrifically badly designed hub (with the "door" to the missions being 300m away from the bounty guy, in comparison with all three other hubs where the gate is one bullet-jump away (or two for Deimos')).

At least in Deimos you could feel something was happening, for some of them, while you're swarmed with enemies. Yesterday I think I've done the T4 bounty twice and we killed like 200 enemies per bounty ? The rest was us wandering around to find something to do or the new resources.

Here I sit and enjoy the new missions, because they are more hectic than most and require you to pay some attention. For me I went "yay!" when I got the kill x with operator objective, since it was just to spam my phahd. But we cant all like the same cup of tea. :clem:

A tip. You can fast travel between the elevator and Quinn and then back to the elevator again, no need to run anywhere unless the elevator fails to start the quest, at which point you just need to step out and back in again.

I believe 'Specters of the Rail' was the worst update in Warframe's history considering it was massively buggy, crashed consistently for many players and had a big reddit thread absolutely flaming it. It was pretty messy from a dev standpoint. 

This update is fairly decent imo? I haven't experienced the new content yet, but the eximus rework has some ok quality to it, and I enjoy being able to have better control over my operator while in the air even though I wish the warp length was a bit more.

- A somewhat 'bitter vet'

Alright, after playing it a while nearing rank 5 (max) in the syndicate, there's a few things annoying me..

1. One Big *** Medaillon hunt

I dislike that the entirety of the update can only be done via hunting Medaillons.. that's neither how actual syndicates work, nor how open worlds work. They always give multiple ways to progress.

Fix: Let us use the new resources from the update, like the blobs, and make a vendor that sells a fixed amount of plumes per day that we can trade for. (Trade-in) 

Because as of right now, for me personally, exterminate is the ONLY game mode allowing exploring  where objectives don't get killed (often 1 to 2 shot by some units) so I've played mostly exterminate everytime i wanted to seriously progress. (Bounties are bad btw., Info below)

2. No rewards at all

After taking deeper looks, 90% of the updates content are decorations. And the worst of it, this includes rank up rewards. I remember the good old days where ranking up a syndicate gave you something you could use to progress, with this update it's literally just decorations galore. I extremely dislike this. It doesn't feel rewarding at all, but more of a waste of time and energy.

Fix: put actual stuff for rank ups, either more of the new weapons, plume bundles or literally everything that isn't a decoration. Literally 1 argon crystal has more worth to me than what I've got so far from ranking up (max rank being my last rank up)

3. Bounties themselves 

Are a horrible experience playing online. I don't know who collected which plume, i don't know how far anyone's objective is, i mostly don't know where my teammates are even at, and the waypoint fest is extremely irritating especially when combined with the new existing effects. Most modes can downright fail because everyone's just spread out the entire tileset. There's no focus at all. And that's because of the plumes > everything else game design.

Fix: • Railjack economy system, if i pick up a plume, others get it as well. There's no scenario where someone would not want the plume. (Just imagine how it is if reactant aren't picked up for everyone in Railjack, it's a ****#*!% of Chaos.) 

• A failsafe system so that the objectives only get started when someone steps into the zone. Why? Because objectives getting destroyed, because the entire team is "somewhere" is bogus, especially since again, the only way to progress are plumes we have to search. Worse in endless missions.

• UI indicator showing what my teammates are up to (much like how it is for fissures) to get at least some info when joining or hosting the new missions.. idk how it is on other platforms but so far no one is speaking or writing, which results in me rather playing solo exterminate. (rightfully so, who tf wants to type with a controller. Other games have great supplements like a fleshed out visible emote system for players to easily communicate, like 76 for example. 76 might be an.. interesting experience, but there's some things Bethesda made very well. And that's knowing when someone needs me to come over, needs help, a dangerous enemy being there etc.)

---

To stay on topic, no, it's not the least enjoyable update ever to me. It's only the most unenjoyable syndicate ever. There's a difference for me, plenty of good stuff came with the update that i enjoy.

Closing words:

Death to arbitration drones. Gyre isn't fun at all with those around. :p

Archived