Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The impact AoE nerf could have

George_PPS

10 минут назад, (XBOX)Shodian сказал:

In other words I think you need to go outside and stop letting a video game get to you.

Maybe so. But this does not negate my aspirations to convey to the developers what has been bothering me for years in this game.

14 минут назад, (PSN)isbergen сказал:

WF is a horde shooter. Nothing else. You want "skill" the game offers a way for you do that, go to level cap in an endless mission.

Ah, these are the missions where Wukongs with Bramma's are standing in pillars? No, I'm tired of looking at it already... Really, I think I should still take a break from this game. As I said, the players are leaving

8 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

Take care already of balancing in the game everything that is in it at this moment. The game has become too simple, there is no challenge in it, "one-button gameplay", 

Reveal hidden contents

mwWhDcZ.png

See, you're assuming this was an accident. It wasn't. The game was set up like this on purpose (Minus the one-button part)

2 minutes ago, -EPECb- said:

Really, I think I should still take a break from this game. 

You probably should, it's healthy

10 минут назад, (PSN)isbergen сказал:

Really?You see multitudes of Wukong in level-cap missions. Level 9999.

I'm afraid that I definitely don't have time for such a duration in missions... I don't see any interest in such endless missions. As soon as I complete the goal - I run immediately to the exit.

Just now, -EPECb- said:

As soon as I complete the goal - I run immediately to the exit.

Well, then you don't have much footing to complain about skill. The normal star chart takes zero skill once you have a leveled frame and a decent set of mods. Go to Steel Path. It's more challenging. And if you want even more challenge, stay in SP survival or disruption for at least an hour. (It takes 6+ hours to get to level-cap)

14 минут назад, (PSN)isbergen сказал:

Well, then you don't have much footing to complain about skill. The normal star chart takes zero skill once you have a leveled frame and a decent set of mods. Go to Steel Path. It's more challenging. And if you want even more challenge, stay in SP survival or disruption for at least an hour. (It takes 6+ hours to get to level-cap)

...for what? For what all this? If you set world records for this game, then fine.

Everything has already been completed, all mods are available, all tasks are completed too... (except for the Night Wave)

10 минут назад, (PSN)isbergen сказал:

You said you wanted challenge and some skill. So for that. The game offers a certain level of challenge and skill, you just won't find it in the normal star chart.

Skill will manifest itself where there will be interaction between players, mutual assistance even in ordinary missions. Where there will be something that worked initially and is now broken. Where at least half of the weapons from the entire arsenal will be used on a permanent basis.

Where is the challenge in game? Where is the AI in enemy mobs?

Warframe is a casual horde shooter.  If you are a hardcore player, you will rarely (if ever) be challenge by this game.  The AI is exactly what it needs to be for the type of game this is.  It sounds like a big part of the problem is that you want Warframe to provide a very different experience than the one it aims to provide.  That being the case, I'd recommend either changing your expectations to be in-line with what Warframe actually is, or taking a break and going to other games that can provide what you're looking for.  Anything else will result in you being more and more frustrated, and that's not good for anybody.

There is no need to hone your skills in this game at the moment - just take a Bramma and Wukong. This game plays itself into itself.

If you've been playing Warframe for long enough, you know that the devs are constantly tuning and balancing.  The lead gameplay designer recently said in an interview (and I'm going to paraphrase here, so take this with a grain of salt) that there are plans to address both Wukong and the AoE meta in the near future.  So if these are your biggest concerns, then rejoice, because the devs are doing exactly what you want.

They seem to be looking at addressing both Wukong and AoE in some capacity.

It's a horde shooter so the challenge isn't really supposed to be on individual units. Groups of units, maybe. But complex AI isn't really a thing, in large part because you're not likely to notice it through all the chaos and the instant-death of handling hordes. All things considered, the AI in Warframe isn't bad, it's just outdated. But you'll likely never notice it at all.

Anything done in sufficient repetition with sufficient practice against constant challenge is going to lose the challenge. Yes, even if you bin AoE weapons. The most we can hope for is engagement. And, in all truth, you can skip a lot of balance points while getting engagement. Being able to nuke an entire map with an explosive bow doesn't exactly help you get past Spy vault lasers and cameras, for example.

On 2022-08-09 at 6:09 PM, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

That gif with captain Picard face palming goes here.

You haven't finished reading...

"So much time has passed and you still have not brought it into the necessary balance. Delete Wukong from game already if you can't properly balance him."

On 2022-08-09 at 6:11 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

The lead gameplay designer recently said in an interview (and I'm going to paraphrase here, so take this with a grain of salt) that there are plans to address both Wukong and the AoE meta in the near future.

...and this is very good news! But spending so much time to understand the obvious flaws? ...omg 

And now they have reached such an extent that ~60-70% of the players are sitting on Wukongs... can you imagine how much noise will rise now?

1 minute ago, -EPECb- said:

You haven't finished reading...

"So much time has passed and you still have not brought it into the necessary balance. Delete Wukong from game already if you can't properly balance him."

Yes I did finish reading right after that. Wukong is the best frame in the game and balanced. Now that a bunch of cry babies are jealous because he is great, DE will nerf him. The gif with the facepalm goes here. 

14 минут назад, m_a_r_c_h_ сказал:

Yes I did finish reading right after that. Wukong is the best frame in the game and balanced. Now that a bunch of cry babies are jealous because he is great, DE will nerf him. The gif with the facepalm goes here. 

Wukong is unbalanced, and this already goes against the very concept of the game. I don't hate this frame, it's just been over-"amplified" - it's not right.

Why then invent other frames if there is one Wukong who can do everything. Of course he's cool, but that's the whole trouble. He's too cool.

52 minutes ago, -EPECb- said:

Everything has already been completed, all mods are available, all tasks are completed too... (except for the Night Wave)

You did it! You beat the game! You finished! Congratulations

Go, touch your price:

7.jpg

4 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

You know, all this condescension really proves that people will settle for mediocrity instead of meaningful changes.

Right? Then i see people saying "Oh, Warframe has such a nice community" and I'm like "Are we talking about the same community?"

OP makes a point here and we see people saying "go touch grass"? Seriously?

10 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

You know, all this condescension really proves that people will settle for mediocrity instead of meaningful changes.

It's truly sad, OP. I agree with the sentiment, but you'll get nowhere on here. Better to move onto greener pastures until DE course-corrects. Even then, it'll probably be too late by then.

You will find that in every gaming community out there, sad to say. People will defend anything. Literally anything.

Archived