Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about new content and roadmap

White_Matter

28 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I missed the tennocon this year, I only watched the new Duviri paradox trailer. So I'm wondering if we were given a roadmap for the upcoming contents other than winter 2022 release for Duviri ? IF so, is Duviri Paradox the only content we'll be getting till winter?

Basically it seems they want to focus mainly on non-frame play... in Warframe...

I like this game for the frame gameplay. I'm not excited for drifter or grineer missions, as it feels like I'm playing an inferior action RPG game as compared to actual Warframe, and compared to other games out there. The so-called "co-op Sorties" were mentioned as being only SP level, so it will most like be more pushover enemies that we oneshot with ease. Maybe some "co-op" will be forced by forcing friendship door mechanics or by have players needing to be in two places at once, i.e. Player A has to be somewhere on the map doing something unchallenging and unengaging, while Player B has to be somewhere else also doing something similar, or maybe we'd simply need two players to push 2 buttons simultaneously 5m apart and that would be the most co-op needed.

In the (very) short term there's an update coming tomorrow (the 17th) with the most recent batch of Tennogen items and some QoL improvements and fixes.

At TennoCon we were also shown bits of Veilbreaker, which is the next big content update:

Spoiler

And then like you say Duviri Paradox coming after Veilbreaker sometime before the end of the year.

Hopefully Veilbreaker focuses on more mechanic based difficulty, enemies alone won't be too much of a hassle either way.

Despite not being frame focused, I am still looking forward to Duviri. It looks not only like a breath of fresh air, but the art design is superb.

Anyway, the main gameplay is most certainly going to become more challenging (good) and more grindy (bad), once AoE nerfs have arrived.
Still hoping for more endgame content, especially for Railjack strikes/raids. 

2 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I missed the tennocon this year, I only watched the new Duviri paradox trailer. So I'm wondering if we were given a roadmap for the upcoming contents other than winter 2022 release for Duviri ? IF so, is Duviri Paradox the only content we'll be getting till winter?

here is my overview 

edit- 

general update supposedly aug 17th iirc 

22 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Man, Steel Path really is polarizing, isn't it?

It is less about SP and more about DE claiming they are working on another tier of Sorties involving Archons and more importantly, what they are looking at is planned to be around multiplayer power, closer to endgame. Then revealing it is going to be SP level - the missions where one player is one-shotting pretty much everything without any real Warframe buffs... it is pretty disappointing to me. 

4 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Basically it seems they want to focus mainly on non-frame play... in Warframe...

Ye gods, it's been 6 years. 6 whole years since we got this snippy little argument about 'non frame play'. Can we finally get over the concept that Warframe is a more expansive game than just the basic Warframes?

Don't like it? Opinion is valid. But we know. It's old. It's 6 years old and absolutely no amount of complaining over those 6 years has changed their mind.

You can stop complaining about it every time a new update doesn't feature more exclusively frame-based gameplay.

I mean, you don't even seem to find frame-based gameplay interesting, if your whining about Steel Path is to be believed...

1 hour ago, Silligoose said:

the missions where one player is one-shotting pretty much everything without any real Warframe buffs... it is pretty disappointing to me.

At this point, it's time for you to take a few months off. Maybe a year. Come back when all of these updates are done, and then maybe you'll have a concentrated farm.

Otherwise you're just winding yourself up with nowhere to release it.

1 hour ago, Silligoose said:

(...) SP level - the missions where one player is one-shotting pretty much everything without any real Warframe buffs...

When you've reached this point, it's safe to assume that you are outside the scope of what DE is likely to balance for.  You are not at "endgame."  You are at "congratulations, you have beaten the game."  You've built yourself a Death Star and are, for some reason, disappointed that it blows everything up with a single hit.

10 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ye gods, it's been 6 years. 6 whole years since we got this snippy little argument about 'non frame play'. Can we finally get over the concept that Warframe is a more expansive game than just the basic Warframes?

Don't like it? Opinion is valid. But we know. It's old. It's 6 years old and absolutely no amount of complaining over those 6 years has changed their mind.

You can stop complaining about it every time a new update doesn't feature more exclusively frame-based gameplay.

I mean, you don't even seem to find frame-based gameplay interesting, if your whining about Steel Path is to be believed...

Telling others not to provide feedback, since similar feedback has been provided for years, is short-sighted and if some heeded your words, it could end up hurting the game's overall health, as number would drop without DE understanding why.

I'll keep giving feedback about what I like and don't like. Businesses use information provided by clients to help understand trends in performance. How much value they put into it and what they do with that information, is in their hands.

10 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

At this point, it's time for you to take a few months off. Maybe a year. Come back when all of these updates are done, and then maybe you'll have a concentrated farm.

Otherwise you're just winding yourself up with nowhere to release it.

I play mainly for fun, not mainly for farm and I pity those who play mainly for farm. When it isn't fun, I stop. I don't suffer fomo, nor do I suffer from the sunk cost fallacy.

1 minute ago, Tekka_Croe said:

When you've reached this point, it's safe to assume that you are outside the scope of what DE is likely to balance for.  You are not at "endgame."  You are at "congratulations, you have beaten the game."  You've built yourself a Death Star and are, for some reason, disappointed that it blows everything up with a single hit.

Endgame is what players do after beating a game in progression style games. It is doing the unlocked missions, or the secret dungeons, or the raids, or the new difficulty levels that have been unlocked etc etc. 

5 hours ago, Silligoose said:

The so-called "co-op Sorties" were mentioned as being only SP level, so it will most like be more pushover enemies that we oneshot with ease

I thought there was an SP option. Not that the sorties were only SP. I'll have to check the interview and articles when I get off work.

28 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Like Steel Path... Right?

Correct.

27 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I thought there was an SP option. Not that the sorties were only SP. I'll have to check the interview and articles when I get off work.

I think there may very well Archons missions in be a non-SP or non-higher tier Sortie missions. Rebecca mentioned it in an interview here: A deep dive into Warframe’s Veilbreaker update, the new Wolf Warframe, Archon fights, and Kahl’s return | VG247

Pablo mentioned in one of the more recent interviews, that they are looking at SP level for the new Sorties. I think it was the Brozime interview, but I can't be sure.

5 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Endgame is what players do after beating a game in progression style games. It is doing the unlocked missions, or the secret dungeons, or the raids, or the new difficulty levels that have been unlocked etc etc. 

This is just semantics.  What I'm saying is that Warframe allows players to achieve a level of power that the game is fundamentally incapable of challenging within its own gameplay paradigms.  Beyond a certain point, the only way to counter that power is to simply make it inaccessible.  Which seems like exactly what DE is doing with content like Duviri- creating a more constrained gameplay environment with a more definite power ceiling to balance around.

Just now, Tekka_Croe said:

This is just semantics.  What I'm saying is that Warframe allows players to achieve a level of power that the game is fundamentally incapable of challenging within its own gameplay paradigms.  Beyond a certain point, the only way to counter that power is to simply make it inaccessible.  Which seems like exactly what DE is doing with content like Duviri- creating a more constrained gameplay environment with a more definite power ceiling to balance around.

It is not semantics: That is what endgame is.

I agree with your synopsis: Warframe's endgame sucks because of overpowered, imbalanced mechanics that, as they currently work, cannot be challenged, as their limits either do not exist, or are conditional on the totality of enemy attributes and can thus never be challenged by those enemies.

I do not agree with the idea that the only way to counter that power is to make it completely inaccessible. That's the lazy way out. There is a middle ground between having something being completely overpowered, and having something being invalidated for a prolonged time, or for an unlimited amount of time. A vast middle ground at that. CC overpowered? How about using a proper cc-adaptation system? Certain Warframes completely one-shotting enemies, regardless of health? Change the mechanics so the limits exist. Weapons doing too much damage? Rebalance it. Enemies too weak for player power? Balance it. A Warframe is unkillable? Don't make them practically immortal for what is effectively an unlimited amount of time. It is pretty easy to identify imbalances and come up with systems to balance them better,

5 hours ago, Silligoose said:

The so-called "co-op Sorties" were mentioned as being only SP level, so it will most like be more pushover enemies that we oneshot with ease.

Only a portion can oneshot with ease, majority would be more likely having a hard time and complain the "co-op sortie" is too hard even after copying their youtuber build

Just now, TheArmchairThinker said:

Only a portion can oneshot with ease, majority would be more likely having a hard time and complain the "co-op sortie" is too hard even after copying their youtuber build

Probably. It would be nice if DE wasn't quite as obscure with the game's mechanics or descriptions, so players aren't quite as confused with regards to why certain things work better than others. 

1 minute ago, Silligoose said:

Probably. It would be nice if DE wasn't quite as obscure with the game's mechanics or descriptions, so players aren't quite as confused with regards to why certain things work better than others. 

Things aren't as obscure as you think, it's just players tend to not bother to learn and copy things off youtube and complain when things don't go smoothly with their youtuber cookie cutter build

58 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Things aren't as obscure as you think, it's just players tend to not bother to learn and copy things off youtube and complain when things don't go smoothly with their youtuber cookie cutter build

Really?

• Serration:  +165% damage
  • Bane of Grineer: +30% damage

Same description for two different methods of adding damage.

Let's see what else:

• No mention of Shattering Impact reducing the base armour value of an enemy, ie it takes the same amount of strikes to strip the armour of, for example a lvl 30 Heavy Gunner as it does a lvl 150 Heavy Gunner, provided they are on the same Star Chart.
  • Hardly any mention of how armour or the associated damage reduction scales, especially on higher level enemies, which is why players get a shock when they first try SP. The UI is the closest thing to showing it, but I highly doubt players realize some of the enemies they are facing in SP has 98%+ damage reduction due to their armour.
  • The UI doesn't show how additional stacks of a mechanic can impact damage or survivability, so some may not realize just how much of an impact Arcane Guardian could have on the EHP of frames with lower base armour.
  • Adaptation claims resistance against damage types received, when in reality it only adapts to the most heavily weighted damage type on an enemy's weapon, even if the enemy's attack has more than one damage type.
  • Increasing Slash damage via mods such as Sweeping Serration won't increase the DOT value of Slash procs, even though mods increasing elemental damage, such as Infected Clip, do increase the DOT damage from Toxin procs. I am not aware of this being stated to players anywhere in the game.
  • Certain enemies, such as Demolishers, are immune to most forms of CC, but aren't immune to others, such as Ensnare, for some reason
  • Hitting the weakspots on certain enemies grants an extra damage multiplier, beyond the x2 damage multiplier, based on the level of crit the shot/strike had. Note that some enemies' weakspots may grant a base damage multiplier that is not x2 .
  • Damage attenuation

I could go on, but it is already pretty damn obscure.

Edit: Damn one I have to mention is Stances and the game not showing, hell, not even mentioning (to my knowledge anyway) how different stances not only affect DPS, but results in forced procs, so different hits from different stances will do different amounts of damage and weapons without slash can inflict Bleed. Clashing Forrest's basic combo has an avg damage multiplier of 641%/s.

I'm not saying the game has to spoon feed players everything, but it certainly is certainly obscure and said obscurity most certainly leads to players being confused as to why some things work better than others. In some cases, it is far more obscure than it should be in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Silligoose said:

It is less about SP and more about DE claiming they are working on another tier of Sorties involving Archons and more importantly, what they are looking at is planned to be around multiplayer power, closer to endgame. Then revealing it is going to be SP level - the missions where one player is one-shotting pretty much everything without any real Warframe buffs... it is pretty disappointing to me. 

No, see, you're missing my point

When I look at Steel Path, I do NOT think "one-shotting pretty much everything without any real Warframe buffs." I think "boring bullet-sponges who take freaking forever to kill (unless of course I'm using Saryn because she's just utterly broken)".

There is no middle-ground with Steel Path. You either hate it because enemies are way too tanky or you hate it because enemies are STILL too fragile. It's Polarizing

11 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, see, you're missing my point

When I look at Steel Path, I do NOT think "one-shotting pretty much everything without any real Warframe buffs." I think "boring bullet-sponges who take freaking forever to kill (unless of course I'm using Saryn because she's just utterly broken)".

There is no middle-ground with Steel Path. You either hate it because enemies are way too tanky or you hate it because enemies are STILL too fragile. It's Polarizing

I'm glad I ran into you: How can you claim there is no middle ground? More importantly, how can you claim SP enemies are bullet sponges?

Hmm, I don't care about new content, I just want the dacaying stack bug finally to be addressed on console. I spent months to re-build and formering tons of weapons and now DE says: PC is served, who cares about console players? No info, no mention anywhere, just silence. Absolutely ridiculous...

Archived