Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon Warframe

BroDutt

I think we should have an incarnon version of warframe.

Especially warframe that shouldn't have a prime version (original orokin creation) like revenant (the original version didn't had eidolon power), caliban (warframe that didn't created by orokin), xaku (created by accident from 3 warframe) or gyre (who created her? Albrecht Entrati?).

4 hours ago, Bedull said:

Sevagoth and titania already fuffil the 'altered form' criteria though.

4 hours ago, Bedull said:

Especially warframe that shouldn't have a prime version (original orokin creation) like revenant (the original version didn't had eidolon power), caliban (warframe that didn't created by orokin), xaku (created by accident from 3 warframe) or gyre (who created her? Albrecht Entrati?).

There will have prime versions. Remember that Valkyr was originally a different warframe before it was experimented on and instead chaneled its rage into its abilitites. So its prime should have, as far as lore is concerned, had a different power set.

7 hours ago, Bedull said:

You really think these frames will never get primes? C'mon. If there is ONE thing that DE will not stick to for lore, it's primes.

I think sooner or later the Warframe manufacturing should branch off like with weapons.  Similar to how weapons are Tenno/Dex(?)/Orokin, Grineer/Wraith/kuva and Corpus/Vandal/Mara/Tenet. Plus we have the Syndicate versions of weapons.

Original Warframes that never existed in the past.

3 hours ago, AkHannar said:

You really think these frames will never get primes? C'mon. If there is ONE thing that DE will not stick to for lore, it's primes.

They even specifically added a piece of dialogue to tell us that all Warframes will get Primes

8 hours ago, chaotea said:
13 hours ago, Bedull said:

I think OP meant pickable perks. If done right it would be interesting. I'm afraid we would get bugged version like +100% to jump that changes it via... WHOLE ~30%.

6 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:
8 hours ago, chaotea said:

Nidus offers his own interpretation of "altered form" as well.

Then there is Grendel.

2 hours ago, Frendh said:

I think sooner or later the Warframe manufacturing should branch off like with weapons.  Similar to how weapons are Tenno/Dex(?)/Orokin, Grineer/Wraith/kuva and Corpus/Vandal/Mara/Tenet. Plus we have the Syndicate versions of weapons.

Original Warframes that never existed in the past.

I don't think we will have that. Tennos don't want to share their technology.

The closes we are, are Helminth system (Infussion of 1 ability & random buffs).

48 minutes ago, orT-e said:

I kinda wish DE makes three unique primes for xaku, each only sharing one lost ability with it.

That would be too much work for them.

14 hours ago, Bedull said:

Especially warframe that shouldn't have a prime version

To quote DE directly: Every Warframe has a Prime.

The way they worked the lore is that there are two ways to interpret Primes (and the reason they're physically different in terms of base stats).

The first way to interpret it is that every single Warframe originally created used the methods of Ballas and other Archimedeans to directly create the best version of the frames, and we (using our little scanners and 3D printer in the ship) scan and build a version that's not quite as good because we have to use modern materials. That is, of course, until we use the quantum-entangled nonsense of the Relics to get the actual blueprints/parts directly from the source and can build the Primes.

The other way to interpret it is with the addition of Varzia in Maroo's who puts the idea of the first version being from an 'Unreliable Narrator' (as in, the plot device, not specifically any individual) and that all Warframes were created for function, so some were created as Primes with the best stuff, and others were tests that were then given Prime upgrades for having proved their concepts.

And we also, canonically, have multiples of the same Warframes existing in the Orokin era, not just one unique one, and even versions of them that have Deluxe skins.

Thus we have multiple ways for DE to plot-contrive their way into giving every frame a Prime.

Revenant? Was a Prime when he went into the lake, meaning that we can get the Prime out of Relics no problem, and we're making a version of him from scans instead of from Relics, so we produce a lesser version.

Sevagoth that we find was just 'a' Sevagoth from the multiples created, and his Prime is elsewhere for us to retrieve from Relics.

Xaku? Three Prime warframes that failed were made into a new Warframe, and so will have a Prime that we can retrieve from Relics.

Given these many, many different plot devices, we can have a Prime of any Warframe.

That said...

An Incarnon mode is functionally just a frame that will build up a meter and then expend it for a limited duration. If that's the case, then we have multiple frames that already do that, such as Baruuk, Gauss and Sevagoth.

Incarnon mode is literally also just 'void touched', which Xaku is, because Xaku literally uses Void Energy. 

Honestly, my friend, while your feedback is understandable, you've missed a large amount of info that would have made you decide to not post this.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I don't think we will have that. Tennos don't want to share their technology.

I doubt we will have that. But Tenno tech has already been stolen. And Tenno tech is not really a big deal considering how often the enemies counter it.

2 minutes ago, Frendh said:

But Tenno tech has already been stolen. And Tenno tech is not really a big deal considering how often the enemies counter it.

Yeah. Now that I think of it we get those hacking all the time.

Well if DE decided to make a Prime version despite it's conflicted with the lore (Is there a non conflicted lore in Warframe?), how about Incarnon evolution for old Warframe. 

Instead of useless augment mod that cost mod slot, they can add evolution to existing Warframe that we rarely use like Ember, Mag or Hydroid.

Evolution where we can increase crit chance, stats proc or bring back ability that got nerf for limited time, only if we meet the condition.

13 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Revenant? Was a Prime when he went into the lake, meaning that we can get the Prime out of Relics no problem, and we're making a version of him from scans instead of from Relics, so we produce a lesser version.

The Prime version didn't had Eidolon power before he went to whatever Eidolon came from. And shouldn't a prime version of Xaku were 3 separate warframe?

Yes I 100% agree, I had this in my mind for a bit but my concept was a evolution warframe. Nidus is that but the biggest thing I don`t like about Nidus is he has two stationary abilities if a wf has more than one stationary ability I don`t like the frame (Nidus, gara).

It would be cool where you have abilities that can increase strength (not the way you`re thinking) speed, agility, sensory, healing etc maybe the 4th could be it changes in something and visually too.

21 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Nidus offers his own interpretation of "altered form" as well.

Not really with regards to the incarnon conversation. He offers a cosmettic change with slight ability buffs, but doesnt have a mode which provides drastic changes to gameplay.

5 hours ago, Bedull said:

Well if DE decided to make a Prime version despite it's conflicted with the lore (Is there a non conflicted lore in Warframe?), how about Incarnon evolution for old Warframe. 

Instead of useless augment mod that cost mod slot, they can add evolution to existing Warframe that we rarely use like Ember, Mag or Hydroid.

Evolution where we can increase crit chance, stats proc or bring back ability that got nerf for limited time, only if we meet the condition.

The problem about that is that the community will immediately start crying for the "Incarnon evolution" for all the other frames, if that gets implemented. Try to remember how long people were talking about Umbras, even after DE made it clear that the idea was scrapped.

On that note, I think that the upcoming "werewolf" frame will probably have this evolution mechanic as an ability. Nothing is confirmed yet, of course, but I have a feeling that the form we saw in the concept art on Tennocon was actually a powered-up form from an ability (likely the 4th), and that warframe will probably be a little less bulky in it's normal form. This may work like Baruk's 4, just with more visual changes to the warframe itself. Again, nothing is confirmed yet - it's just a hunch I have.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

Not really with regards to the incarnon conversation. He offers a cosmettic change with slight ability buffs, but doesnt have a mode which provides drastic changes to gameplay.

More a Praedos than any of the others, then. 

And considering building stacks opens up half of his kit, nah, agree to disagree.  You can't use the terrible dual pistol version of the Failarx until you jump through some hoops.  Similarly you can't use Nidus' fleshleash or fleshgarden until you jump through some hoops.

22 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

And considering building stacks opens up half of his kit, nah, agree to disagree.  You can't use the terrible dual pistol version of the Failarx until you jump through some hoops.  Similarly you can't use Nidus' fleshleash or fleshgarden until you jump through some hoops.

Sure, and i get what you saying here, but if we include 'gathering stacks of things to empower a warframe' to be the same as incarnon, then we could probably make the arguement for alot more warframes. I dont see nidus as an incarnon like warframe because while his abilities do take some pre-requisits, there are other weapons that have pre-requisites for aditional functions, like the Knell for example, which arnt incarnon. What seem the major feature of incarnon to me is the transformation into an entirely different playstyle entity.

Still, if the OP refers to the passive effects incarnons can have, well it might be an interesting thing for all warframes to have. They could update all warframes to have access to a generic incarnon tree, then update individual warframes to hav unique branches over time.

On 2022-08-24 at 5:48 AM, Bedull said:

The Prime version didn't had Eidolon power before he went to whatever Eidolon came from. And shouldn't a prime version of Xaku were 3 separate warframe?

Well that's the fun thing, with the multiple interpretations of the lore available, it's really easy;

With the idea that it was created as a Prime, we just pull from that thread and use the 'modern printer can't recreate Primes without more data' aspect. Since it was a Prime when it went in, the one that's there in the lake for us to scan in the modern day has two ways of being built. Our basic scans recreate the function, the powers, with approximations for the parts, this creates the slightly lesser version we see normally. The Prime, however, with all its shiny parts and higher base stats, is still there in the lake and Relics pull quantum-entangled parts from that and allow us to build the Prime.

That's the absolute genius of DE putting in all these multiple interpretations, we can argue about it until the proverbial cows come home, but there's an explanation for it from one angle or another.

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

What seem the major feature of incarnon to me is the transformation into an entirely different playstyle entity.

Except maybe Innodem that activate "aerial attack" all weapons are just faster, stronger and better (Fellarx will be changed). Even with Innodem it's not "completely different style". For me it's just "ugh... I need to do X to unlock/do stuffs".

Probably many frames have "different playstyles". For example lots of people use Xaku for it's walking turret (cast Grasp of Lohk - 2nd, stop time with Vast untime - 4th) and let it kill stuffs (maybe with some help like casting Gaze). On other hand you can use "disarming style. Have like ~75% duration, cast 2nd to disarm enemies, 1st (void proc) is used to semi cc enemies. Finish disarmed enemies with other methods. Does it mean Xaku is incarnon frame because it offers entirely different playstyles? I don't think so.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

Still, if the OP refers to the passive effects incarnons can have, well it might be an interesting thing for all warframes to have. They could update all warframes to have access to a generic incarnon tree, then update individual warframes to hav unique branches over time.

It is an interesting concept.

Not to be a Francis Frownface, but I don't trust it to be stable, especially with host migration.  Take another weird system that we currently have: Garuda and her talons.  DE has barely gotten her talons into a workable state now, and she's been around for almost four years.  They still glitch out when you host migrate.  And if you've spent any time in the Angels of the Zariman bug report forum, it's pretty clear that our current array of Incarnon weapons isn't without their own bugs.

I think we have plenty of build customization through mods, arcanes, operators, and the Helminth.  DE already has a hard time balancing what we have.  Most of the Incarnon effects are replicated somewhere else in the game (mods, arcanes, operators, companions, etc.).  I guess I don't really need another layer of complexity and another layer of possible breaking points, but I do understand why people are excited by the the implications of the Incarnon system.

21 hours ago, quxier said:

Except maybe Innodem that activate "aerial attack" all weapons are just faster, stronger and better (Fellarx will be changed). Even with Innodem it's not "completely different style". For me it's just "ugh... I need to do X to unlock/do stuffs".

Probably many frames have "different playstyles". For example lots of people use Xaku for it's walking turret (cast Grasp of Lohk - 2nd, stop time with Vast untime - 4th) and let it kill stuffs (maybe with some help like casting Gaze). On other hand you can use "disarming style. Have like ~75% duration, cast 2nd to disarm enemies, 1st (void proc) is used to semi cc enemies. Finish disarmed enemies with other methods. Does it mean Xaku is incarnon frame because it offers entirely different playstyles? I don't think so.

You've miss understood my point here. Xaku isnt an 'incarnon style warframe' as far as im concerned. His kit is there, and while he has synergy, his kit remains the same, and you just choose what to do with it. His playstyle doesnt change, just your playstyle does when you decide how you use him. Sevegoth however has his 4th, where once activated all his abilities act differntly. Thats what I mean by the definition of what 'incarnon' would b like for a WF.

Archived