The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE Changes - subtle but impactful? [post Devstream discussion]

0_The_F00l

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

Basically, this is looting and collecting  game. 

Not an excuse to remove gameplay from other and become another thoughtless meta slave

If your tarket is in C rotation with 6% probability, you have to repeat that boring mission 20 times, 30 times or more, it could be three-digit unless you're lucky.

Congrats you realised you're playing a FTP, buy things with premium currency or put in some work to get them for free, warframe isn't the first game to do this, every FTP does this

The game system requires us to repeat as many as possible no matter how bore or annoying the mission is, so many tennos use the fastest way(mostly AOE), but devs try to block it and develope new more terrible ways to loot.

Currently, one of the fastest solution is Kuva Jarr and some warframes. I don't feel I have to agree with Dev's nerf plan.

I can easily get drops no problem without turning into a scum meta slave, learn to mod weapons and aim and 487 weapons are there to use. Devs were very clear why they're nerf aspects of AoE. It disrupts player experience, it falsely convinced non AoE users they're not playing right and it leads to automation, you need to work to get your rewards. 

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

Not fixed

Not specific: Valkyr or Ash  - epitaph - (kronen,nikana,innodem,dual keres, ... etc.) - my favorite

Defense : Nova(low strength) - Bramma 

Mobile Defense : Khora - Ankyros

Lith : Titania with Thermal

Railjack solo : Wukong with Dispensary  - Jarr

Spy,Rescue solo: Wukong with Auto hack(needs no weapin)

Assasination solo : Wukong - Jarr 

Murmur : fast warframe like Wukong or Gauss  , when feeling bored : Valkyr

Iso vault solo : Gauss - Jarr - voidrig

weapon Rank job on hydron or ESO : Inaros or valkyr

Hijack : Inaros (needs no weapon)

Lich confrontation : Banshee - jarr - Detron

Last week Gauss was invigolated for 2nd Cri % so  Gauss with pilige -sporelacer with overcharge had been used many times.

Huh, I can see how the AoE balance changes would shaft you during Veilbreaker. Hopefully they'll consider reimbursement on the top 5 weapons, similar to the weapon balancing pass last year. (or was it the year before)

If so, there should be quite a few viable alternatives to the Zarr and Bramma once the changes go live. Like the Tonkor should still be pretty up there in viability, the Mutalist and Probiscus Cernos can be pretty decent as well. Though the Zarr, it should still be viable with an ammo mutation mod; but, we don't know if ammo mutation is being changed or not.

If anything, binding a gear slot to the d-pad and assigning it to ammo restores could alleviate any AoE ammo concerns.

Though as a warning, I'd steer clear of the Kuva Ogris as a viable candidate, with Nightwatch Napalm and Primed Firestorm, it's an 8-slot launcer than needs 10 mods...

(if all else fails, try Mag or Xaku with an Ice elemental ward with a hit scan weapon, I'd actually argue that it's a bit more broken than the current AoE meta.)

1 minute ago, PhiZero said:

Huh, I can see how the AoE balance changes would shaft you during Veilbreaker. Hopefully they'll consider reimbursement on the top 5 weapons, similar to the weapon balancing pass last year. (or was it the year before)

If so, there should be quite a few viable alternatives to the Zarr and Bramma once the changes go live. Like the Tonkor should still be pretty up there in viability, the Mutalist and Probiscus Cernos can be pretty decent as well. Though the Zarr, it should still be viable with an ammo mutation mod; but, we don't know if ammo mutation is being changed or not.

If anything, binding a gear slot to the d-pad and assigning it to ammo restores could alleviate any AoE ammo concerns.

Though as a warning, I'd steer clear of the Kuva Ogris as a viabl3 candidate, with Nightwatch Napalm and Primed Firestorm, it's an 8-slot launcer than needs 10 mods...

(if all else fails, try Mag or Xaku with an Ice elemental ward with a hit scan weapon, I'd actually argue that it's a bit more broken than the current AoE meta.)

Those bows are good. Problem is that aiming with controller stick is slow and annoying. I play this game to remove stress in life. I don't want this game to be a stressful work after real work.

And even wukong-jarr is the most useful at fishing,mining solo. This meta is kinda kind device for solo console player like me, but it will be nerfed to prevent Cheese VPN afk villans on PC version.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb kamisama85:

I do not suspect this will see any impact. I use the stahlta regularly for SP above level 200 and I am not worried (Solo as excalibur so no ammo efficiency buffs or any other boosts to efficiency).

The incoming change is more ammo, but less often.

It will be okay as the Stahlta is quite ammo efficient. It is very rare for me to run out of ammo. If your stahlta is not built aggressively enough that it becomes inefficient killing at higher levels, then you may have concern for ammo efficiency.

the question is what will happen with bramma. because you can't even play properly with sp arcane and carrier.

there are other similar weapons like stahlta. as I understand it, they are not affected by this nonsense.

out of curiosity i tested many weapons with 389% str saryn (3 buffs: roar + corr + toxic).
kuva nukor kills 20x lvl 190 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus with 1 magazine. it is significantly slower than kuva zarr. but much faster than weapons like stahlta.

if ammo changes or "line of sight" mischief are completely wrong. you can switch back to secondary.

if anything we need MORE enemies: for modes like capture where kills are secondary, you can still avoid them, but Exterminates and Survivals, I want to see real resistance: we have all this power (and are constantly getting more), but fighting like 8 people at once is just too easy. kinda wish it could be more like EDF where you end up with hundreds of enemies attacking you at once, but that would probably strain the game engine or something. 

I play warframe to kill vast amounts of mobs and see lots of damage numbers. more mobs= more fun for me.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

It's change to a meta, it be weird if there wasn't a flood of topics of cope and anger. It just been so long since it's happened. Think it was chroma changes the last it happened 

The hope is that people realize that it's their initial steps to affect change... It can get much worse.

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

My friend, I'll let you meme, but did you forget that all of these would still only restore 1 Ammo at a time to something like the Bramma? Which currently has a magazine of 5, and people currently use to carpet bomb freely because of the prevalence of ammo drops to convert?

So Protea's ability would restore 2 ammo every... ten seconds, is it? Nine seconds? And the ammo packs that drop from enemies will be less frequent under the new system, so even putting on Ammo Case and Ammo Mutation would mean you only have 6 ammo for the Bramma and can only pick up 1 ammo from any given drop. DE turn around and give that same problem to other weapons like the Zarr and Tonkor... 

I mean, it might be enough? Maybe if things aren't too full of enemies, or if you have a CC ability to group enemies up for more consistent damage. You certainly couldn't do the current strat of levelling up a frame to 30 in one Exterminate run on Saturn by putting on Silence, Primed Sure Footed and the Bramma to maintain a 5x Stealth Multiplier, because you'd run out of ammo in a few seconds.

And remember, this isn't to stop the weapons themselves from being so powerful or damaging, it's to stop automation. Like the monkey clone. And that, my friend, is the real nerf.

The nerf to players that don't actually want to play the game.

you forgot 1 thing Ivar's cloak, it is just the dev doesn't have the "understanding" what they made it is their own monster, what they done it is their own fault, what they try to fix always end up broken.  You get what I mean?  The fact we aren't saying "Loud Enough" for them to "hear", a refusal to back something up ends up being rejected or ignored like every time they refuse to rework The Sergeant for he was from the ALPHA around that range and they refuse to rework him straight up and he is worst then vauban.  They always worried so much about the issues of everything that players saying "its too easy" you don't flipping pop their knee because they said the game is too easy, it just the dev don't know how to throw extra cog or extra weight to take full on punch by players and they can't decied to make a simple and common sense of making a unit to help or better to counter problems.  Nope they just want do this religiously popping players in the knee.  I only point out I find it funny and joke to nerf no good reason.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Not an excuse to remove gameplay from other and become another thoughtless meta slave

Congrats you realised you're playing a FTP, buy things with premium currency or put in some work to get them for free, warframe isn't the first game to do this, every FTP does this

I can easily get drops no problem without turning into a scum meta slave, learn to mod weapons and aim and 487 weapons are there to use. Devs were very clear why they're nerf aspects of AoE. It disrupts player experience, it falsely convinced non AoE users they're not playing right and it leads to automation, you need to work to get your rewards. 

are you gonna call warframe FTP in every chance you get becasue thats your one and only argument ? Do you even get tired of this sht , you were saying same sht for couple or even several years i dont even think you believe in it , you only say it to condensend

What is there to stop me from making critism or even making fun of the game ? Just because its FTP ? Oh just because its F2P they get to be protected from every critism or comment ? 

you can turn your little wierd agenda you have and twist it and make it fly i dont care , that argument point is so useless and wrong its hilarous to even point it out but i have to do it because you have been boldened by over the years cuz people were lazy to dunk on that point . 

now throw some sticker gif at me to complete the warfarme forum bingo  , go do it

have you ever notice these few(you know whomst) wf froum commentators only pop up to speak in bad tone to only and only condensend people that worry about state of teh game , you can see in most threads or like neutral threads they arent there but only there for when its a drama thats been focused on nerfs and buffs

its consistant , thats their bread and butter , they dont care about the state of the game , dont be fooled and theyre not above you so lurkers you can comment .

They are not entitled to wf forum turf territory or whatever they think this is , that they speak and act in such language and ways. 

vor 23 Minuten schrieb _LotusPrime_:

have you ever notice these few(you know whomst) wf froum commentators only pop up to speak in bad tone to only and only condensend people that worry about state of teh game , you can see in most threads or like neutral threads they arent there but only there for when its a drama thats been focused on nerfs and buffs

its consistant , thats their bread and butter , they dont care about the state of the game , dont be fooled and theyre not above you so lurkers you can comment .

They are not entitled to wf forum turf territory or whatever they think this is , that they speak and act in such language and ways. 

I also noticed some strange creatures.
I used to play a popular game. the name starts with "world...". there were a lot of fake accounts in the forum. so a bunch of lvl 1 characters and they never played the game.
and they constantly manipulated the players' opinions with emotional trash posts. the same thing happened in the other game. the name starts with "d ..." and ends with number "... 3"

I did research many years ago and there are in fact many companies offering these embarrassing services. many work with bots. you also see a lot of bots in youtube commentaries about politics.

I don't know if that happens here too. but I will certainly not be naive!

I have many people on ignore. and i think the community is very good compared to other games. especially in the game i meet a lot of cool people almost every day.

so i hope that company management will never sink as low as is the case with other companies!

22 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Pretty sure they didn’t say anything about reducing AOE ammo pools.

well more accurately I don’t think they said anything about it being implemented.

if i remember right they did but it is nt one of the initial round of nerfs but something held back incase the first set doesnt affect the current trend of abusing Aoe damage to basically no effort farm exp,  they said reduced ammo capacity and not getting ammo drops for current weapon using so will have to use secondary or mele are being held back as reserve options

On 2022-08-27 at 10:00 AM, Lutesque said:

Thermal Sunder Titania ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what about her? you think your shrug , that you put almost everywhere, answers all questions? no it just makes you look clueless.

As it has been Stated multiple Times... The Weapons were never the issue....

By whom? By players that prefer to skip the game instead of actually playing it? no wait , by "them" isn't it?

DE Didn't decided to make AoE because they were bored and had nothing better to do....they did it because surprise surprise Warframe requires a Metric Ton of Killing to actually make Decent Progress in all Content....

Rubbish , like most of the assumptions you make regularly. Why DE made them is for players to use it , how often players should use it and in which situation is something they really dropped the ball on and hopefully we will see that changed.

Ofcourse Nerf junkies have never had a response to that so I'm not expecting anything different this time.... 

Who are these Nerf junkies you speak of? are they the natural enemy of the powercreep snorters or the AFK addicts or the braindead blowhards ?, there are so many factions its hard to keep track?

But yes i am really not expecting much ,at least from you in this discussion , like always :)

1 hour ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

are you gonna call warframe FTP in every chance you get becasue thats your one and only argument ? Do you even get tired of this sht , you were saying same sht for couple or even several years i dont even think you believe in it , you only say it to condensend

I call it free to play cause IT'S A FREE TO PLAY. People complain about drop rates as if they spent money to play the game. Free to plays follow very consistent business model of high grind with microtransactions to circumvent the grind or make it easier. Meta slaves try acting like items with low drip chances are some bs justification to remove the gameplay. 

From my experience in this game metas lead to rapid burn out as you limit yourself as little gameplay as possible to repeat a task as many as times possible just chase after a reward. It's not a healthy way to play video games at all. Harsh truth this player base has a issue with FOMO, moderation and patience.

1 hour ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

you can turn your little wierd agenda you have and twist it and make it fly i dont care , that argument point is so useless and wrong its hilarous to even point it out but i have to do it because you have been boldened by over the years cuz people were lazy to dunk on that point . 

Not sure what type of projection this but curious what power point presentation is on wall.

But agenda? What is my agenda exactly? Using a buzzword like that your trying frame something bad even though all want is players to form their way of style and gameplay themselves without using the crutches of meta. I want players to have their own identity instead of turning into husk that is the meta slave. Warframe is game that offer so much freedom for you gameplay why ruin that by doing whatever some youtuber says or meta scum?

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (PSN)slightconfuzzled:

Not far enough in my opinion. If DE wants to unfairly punish us AOE users, with these unrealistic harsh and heavy handed nerfs that make killing these hordes of enemies impossible. Scientifically and statistically impossible. Then us AOE only enthusiasts should leave the game, to teach them a lesson. Leave the game for those weird players who use Phantasma, Tenora Prime, Quellor, Trumna, Nataruk, Felarx, Phenmor, Lateum, Fulmin, Cedo, Kuva Nukor, Nikana Prime, Tenet Arca Plasma, Tenet Flux Rifle, Stahlta, Reaper Prime, Pennant, Tenet Exec, Aeolak, Tenet Cycron, Synapse, Nagantaka Prime, Bubonico, Kuva Chakkurr, Astilla Prime, Kuva Hek, Strun Prime, Exergis, Epitaph, Stropha, Redeemer Prime, Vastilok, Lesion... **continues listing all the weapons I use that can kill hordes** ... **checks notes** the same AOE that is getting nerfed... will apparently still be able to kill hordes? Hang on, is this correct? 

Ah well, regardless... if DE wants to be this petty and childish, with their over reaction, then we should be the bigger people, and quit the game. Even though there is a lot of new stuff to look forward to, AOE will still be great, lets cut off our noses, to send a message. What kind of message? I am not sure, am experiencing sudden blood loss, and my vision is obscured. Maybe I shouldn't have cut off my nose?!? Whose to say.

I don't know how the changes will be.
but dev stream summary reads like a report from mental asylum.

even with pimped kuva zarr i can't play gyre on sp vs ranged. and if aoe waepons gets completely ruined, what should i do here?
because ignis wraith doesn't do enough damage. and single target rifles have very modest performance.

it's time AGAIN for a years break or for a new game in my opinion.

Just now, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Meta slaves try acting like items with low drip chances are some bs justification to remove the gameplay

I cannot fathom why you think people would want to skip the mindless endless grind just to get to the fun gameplay bits of new Frames or weapons.

Like do you think we can get that Warframe with advance mechanics by playing just a couple times. No, if I want to get Nidus I have to deal with #*!%in' Infested Salvage for a chance on the C Rotation, and I have to do that over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I didn't optimise the Ropalotyst Boss fight because I was a meta slave, I did it because Wisp a very appealing Frame based on her mechanics and design was locked behind that boss that I have to run 4 fours at a MINIMUM, to get her build and even then I still have to wait three #*!%in days before I get to even use her.

I didn't make a boom and zoom loadout because I was a meta slave, it was because the Prime Frame that I wanted was locked behind a 1% Chance in a normal Relic and the only way to get Void traces to improve the chances is to do more Relic Cracking. Running it multiple times is quite literally the only way to do it without paying for it, and they only last one hour.

Like I want to interact with the game, you know with the Frames and Weapons and S#&$. Epitath is a neat primer weapon that requires repeated runs with the Railjacks Void Storm, Sevagoth is a super cool frame that also needs me to repeatedly run Void Storms.

All locked behind the same mindless grind for a chance to just get something.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon:

We can clear everything by many ways.

The most difficult thing in this game is repeating the same things dozens of times or hundreds of times to loot something in AABC rotation or etc. if you take care of MR or collection in profile. 

Therefore, we use everything to repeat it faster not to be crazy in the grinding repeat, and luncher or AOE ability is a big part of it.

Fortunately, I'm L1 and not many things leaves, but nerf could be doom to some MR 10~20.

Ask yourself: "Why am I playing the game?"

Because if all your grinds are at an end, if you have all items and everything you ever wanted, what will you do? You won't play this game, that is for sure, because once you have all your gear, there are no magical, exciting and challenging new missions waiting for you. And since you despise the normal gameplay and want to skip through it as fast as humanly possible, even to the detriment of other players, you should really think about my question.

And if you are honest to yourself, you will come up with 2 options:

1. You drop the game immediately, because you are not having fun playing it, you are having fun reaping the rewards. And this is a receipe to burn out.
2. You just slow down a bit, start to have fun in the normal missions. Try out new weapons, new Warframe, experiment a bit, build some crazy builds, run missions as Operator only, like everyone who loves the game is doing atm. Join a clan, find friends, compete with them, start events, take your plat for some exciting prices and see a lot of people have fun with your event. Get into Fashion Frame and make some nice photos, decorate your house or your Orbiter. Hell, you could even mentor young players, teach them how to do Eidolons.

I honestly think guys like you just run, run, run in the direction where you think happiness is located. But you are running past everyone who already is happy, you just can't see it, because you don't take a moment to just breathe in and enjoy life.

1 minute ago, Dunkelheit said:

Ask yourself: "Why am I playing the game?"

Because I want to Use [X] Frame, presumably for quite a long time.

How do I get [X] Frame?

Most of them time with playing the same level over and over and over again.

Taking up so much time that I can get bored of the game, before I get to 'enjoy' the gameplay.

Because If I have to play Onslaught for more than 12 hours just for a guarenteed drop to play with a Frame that I might not even like because getting her takes so much time, which is made easier with the big boom weapons that people hate so much.

I played Kuva Survival, staying at 25 minutes from January for almost every day and I only got Harrow at the middle of August. All because I wanted to engage with the game.

Well too bad because to engage with the game I have to grind. And I'd rather want the grind to end sooner than later.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb (PSN)rexis12:

I didn't make a boom and zoom loadout because I was a meta slave, it was because the Prime Frame that I wanted was locked behind a 1% Chance in a normal Relic and the only way to get Void traces to improve the chances is to do more Relic Cracking. Running it multiple times is quite literally the only way to do it without paying for it, and they only last one hour.

I think you and me, we are not playing the same game. Because a gold drop is at a 30% chance when you run it with 3 other people. You can find those people in Warframes channels. They go like <LF [insert relic here] RAD 1/4>. RAD means, you want to run the relic radiant (pumped to the max).

If a Prime release happens, you can prepare:
Fill the syndicates to the max and collect a lot of their medaillons, Steel Essence. You do this, because you can buy relics with Steel Essence or Syndicate Affinity. Once you have bought all relics, fill your affinity again with the Medaillons that you can find on Syndicate missions.
I do this regularly and I have, most of the time, all items from the Prime release in 2-3 hours. If you have enough void traces, you can now radshare the gold drops that you need. Chances are, you will have your gold drop in max 3-4 runs. Yeah, sometimes you need 8 runs, but there will be times when you have it in the first one.

The one thing that irks me with guys like you: Why do you feel the need to exaggerate the problem? Like your 1% Chance in a normal relic? And what do you mean it only lasts one hour? What lasts one hour? Hopefully you are not talking about the fissure, because you know that they just change, not end, right? Do you expect Pablo or Reb to read your posting, have an ugly cry breakout and change everything in the game so that you will have your stuff faster? Everyone who plays the game for like 50 hours knows that you are exaggerating and it invalidates your whole posting. Don't do that, for your own sake.

You make the mistake that you discuss to be right, but a discussion is there to get things right. And so many people in this forum wanted the AOE meta nerfed, because it is oppressive and disruptive for everyone involved, there might be a point behind it. I am guilty of using the Bramma myself. A clanmate told me yesterday that the game is so easy, with Bramma or no Bramma. Then I invited him to solo SP Void Cascade without an AOE weapon and a frame of his choice. He did not finish the mission once. Well, of course this is possible and many here will do it with a hand tight behind their backs, but it actually feels like a challenge and you might start to sweat while doing it. It is so much fun to find a good team and do this stuff together while synergizing weapons and Warframes. Now I am a Bramma user, but I am looking forward to the time when I can finally wield another weapon or go melee again without feelin inadequate and getting no kills. So I think in the end, we will all win.

3 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Sorry your braindead strategy is going away, but AoE weapons aren't. They're just becoming a "sometimes food" instead of a tactical nuke on every single enemy because one can't be asked to ever aim in a shooter game.

Warframe is more like Hack&Slash RPG with 3rd person view  rather than gun game like Destiny or Division.

Our first warframe is Excalibur who is a sword man. Our first weapon is MK-Skana. 

Why do you think Warframe must be a normal shooter genre? 

Just now, Dunkelheit said:

Fill the syndicates to the max and collect a lot of their medaillons

So grind.

Steel Essence

So grind again, but this time on the hard mode.

Because a gold drop is at a 30% chance when you run it with 3 other people

Lmao, just rely on the luck of randoms to make the grind easier.

Great advice, just make sure you log in and you have the right exact people to do that S#&amp;&#036;.

They go like <LF [insert relic here] RAD 1/4>. RAD means, you want to run the relic radiant (pumped to the max).

Ah reminds me of the time when I offered an Octavia BP Rad share, even saying that I had like 5 of them at Rad because I did a bunch of random Lith Relics a few weeks back and got absolutely nonresponse whatsoever because people were too busy with the new Shiny Prime that I didn't have the relics for.

So just rely on the random luck of the people online, thanks buddy. Real good advice.

Want me to say just get lucky at a casino to?

2 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Like your 1% Chance in a normal relic

Oh sorry 2% on a gold drop, don't want to skew results because of a 1% difference in percentage now would I?

Yes, gold drops are 2% you increase those chances by doing void relics to get traces, that again you have to repeatedly do.

Hence even more grind.

5 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

And what do you mean it only lasts one hour?

For whatever fissure that I would like to play. Not even for speed, but for enjoyment.

You know what Fissures that I often like doing? Exterminate and Sabotage, because I like those missions they feel fun.

7 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Do you expect Pablo or Reb to read your posting, have an ugly cry breakout and change everything in the game so that you will have your stuff faster

I mean considering how everyone keeps crying about AoE and it got them to make the game slower, who knows I might just be lucky enough to do so.

But clearly my own feeling of fun, and lack of luck, and lack of chance for me to get the things you've already gotten means that what I want to do is worthless.

So I'm glad that you managed to get your Prime Warframe since every person at that time was doing those missions 24/7 none stop.

Meanwhile, I'll just wait in my Orbiter waiting for people who wants to do any Astilla Barrel Relic Cracking (Spoiler, no one does because that's not the shiny thing right now)

Archived