The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant is getting buffed to become unkillable again!

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Mesmer skin now gives one second of immunity after a stack is depleted. 

(It's near the bottom of the post, DE forgot to mention it on stream.)

@(XBOX)GearsMatrix301 

After accidentally making eximus burn through Revenant's mesmer skin, De seems to have realized their mistake and is now fixing Revenant. These changes will be alongside the balancing changes to Excalibur, Mag, Volt, and Wukong in Veilbreaker. Because of this, it is safe to assume that Revenant Prime is next, as Harrow and Garuda were also buffed shortly before/after their primes. 

So yeah, Revenant now can simply activate 20 seconds of damage immunity whenever he wants now. 

So much for Revenant being a bad frame... 

We'll looks like I'm going back to my space draugr again. Enjoyed him alot previously but he kinda turned into a huge upkeep frame in Steel Path, especially versus corpus and grineer due to the 4 player density when playing solo. They just ate through his charges even with the stuns due to the density. But now with guaranteed 1 sec of invulnerability per lost charge it will turn it into a reliable defense tool since it practically will last as many seconds as you have charges. So you dont have to recast your 15 charges each 5 seconds in SP, you now need to rebuff once each 15 seconds. 

Which also means I can drop Gloom for something else, since you wont need the slow to make charges last longer since hits per second from the enemies will no longer really matter.

Now the question is just... what build to actually use... hmmmm.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

This has been a thing since…I wanna say 2019. It must’ve bugged out and DEs fixing it.

But as I stated before. Being unkillable means nothing if the frame can’t do anything of use outside of that. So even if this does make a difference for Revenant he’s still worthless.

ah yes, because I'm sure being immortal in a game where enemies have 1 shot aimbot is useless

57 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Mesmer skin now gives one second of immunity after a stack is depleted. 

(It's near the bottom of the post, DE forgot to mention it on stream.)

@(XBOX)GearsMatrix301 

After accidentally making eximus burn through Revenant's mesmer skin, De seems to have realized their mistake and is now fixing Revenant. These changes will be alongside the balancing changes to Excalibur, Mag, Volt, and Wukong in Veilbreaker. Because of this, it is safe to assume that Revenant Prime is next, as Harrow and Garuda were also buffed shortly before/after their primes. 

So yeah, Revenant now can simply activate 20 seconds of damage immunity whenever he wants now. 

So much for Revenant being a bad frame... 

Revenants always been a good frame, guess it'll be better now, that'll make the mate happy being a Revenant main.

On 2022-08-31 at 5:47 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

ah yes, because I'm sure being immortal in a game where enemies have 1 shot aimbot is useless

Well other frames are capable of not dying on top of having functions that benefit them and/or their squad. Revenant doesn’t. Therefor this doesn’t help Revenant.

Yeah, I read over the change. This is being done in response to overguard dunking on Mesmer Skin.

So this ultimately just puts Revenant back to where he was pre-AOZ. Which means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So he’s still trash.

On 2022-08-31 at 5:54 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah, I read over the change. This is being done in response to overguard dunking on Mesmer Skin.

So this ultimately just puts Revenant back to where he was pre-AOZ. Which means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So he’s still trash.

yeah, the change is because of eximus, as i said. 

and no he's not trash, he literally is getting the equivalent of old defy, but better. 

Definitely making revenant into the best tank frame, you should probably be focusing on another frame that is going to be in a pickle real soon: Nyx, because now everyone is getting her armor strip powers. 

In fact, Revenant literally is going to obliterate Caliban even harder now, because who needs shield drones when you have infinite shields? Who needs Caliban's armor strip if I can use helminth?

On 2022-08-31 at 5:50 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well other frames are capable of not dying on top of having functions that benefit them and/or their squad. Revenant doesn’t. Therefor this doesn’t help Revenant.

other frames require either very active gameplay (that you can mess up) to not die, or they are super easy to survive with, but eventually hit an upper limit (like hp tanks and iron skin)

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

So he’s still trash.

It actually makes him alot better. You'd know if you had played him.

Current Mesmer Skin only has a per-enemy immunity and is based on enemy RoF/burst stats pretty much. In practic it means a weapon with RoF 10 wont remove 10 charges, it will remove one at most per second per enemy, then they are obviously stunned after that. 10 enemies shooting you at once will still remove 10 charges.

With the buffs any shot that lands will turn you immune for 1 seconds, that means if 10 enemies shoot at you, only 1 single charge is lost. If this means the stun will work or not I dont know, it really doesnt matter since stunning was only important to not lose charges.

So under the current system, with 10 charge versus 10 enemies you can lose them all in 1 second. With the buffs coming, 10 charges versus 10 enemies (or more) will last you 10 seconds.

That is a massive buff.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)GearsMatrix301:

So he’s still trash.

I remember this awesome warframe being used with bramma after a mindless self damage change.
and still it was a waste of time because it was more about camping...

and where do you need immortality in warframe now? in arbitration? where I constantly lose rewards because the connection to the host is no longer available? because I can manage 20-30 minutes with almost every warframe without any problems...
or in sp? where there hasn't been a useful reward for ages and common resources can be farmed much more comfortably in normal missions?

Yes. rev is bad and has no niche in my opinion.

On 2022-08-31 at 6:19 PM, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Thanks for the info. I just started playing him and he’s pretty great. Are people saying he’s trash because he’s not contributing to the team? I’m good with that as I mostly play solo, or is it something else?

Certain enemies or large groups can deplete mesmer skin super quickly (which is getting fixed), and his thralls can be killed by teammates which is annoying, but can be partially circumvented by using mind control to make an unkillable thrall that still spawns more thralls. Even in situations where teammates kill thralls, Revenant is still useful as a frame who will literally almost never die.

On 2022-08-31 at 6:09 PM, Venus-Venera said:

I remember this awesome warframe being used with bramma after a mindless self damage change.
and still it was a waste of time because it was more about camping...

and where do you need immortality in warframe now? in arbitration? where I constantly lose rewards because the connection to the host is no longer available? because I can manage 20-30 minutes with almost every warframe without any problems...
or in sp? where there hasn't been a useful reward for ages and common resources can be farmed much more comfortably in normal missions?

Yes. rev is bad and has no niche in my opinion.

Well now mesmer skin is just 20 seconds of damage (and knockdown) immunity, I consider that to be a niche. 

Especially considering that enemies (like in the upcoming raids) will be getting harder. 

And yes, thralls are less useful in teams but would you rather have them die or just -7 enemies allowed in the mission because of enemy cap? Plus mind control has been shown to be a valid solution to thralls getting killed.

In the phrase "Mesmer Skin will now grant 1 second of invulnerability after a charge is consumed." by "after a charge is consumed" they mean you get 1s of invulnerability when an entire stack of Mesmer Skin is consumed (a.k.a. it gets reduced to less than zero), similar to Nezha's Warding Halo, or do they mean you get 1s of invulnerability for each charge of Mesmer Skin is consumed?

If it is the latter, a typical +Str Revenant build will get ~15+ seconds of guaranteed invulnerability for each cast of Mesmer Skin. This allow us to completely drop Rolling Guard if we want and still have no drawbacks. 

Whatever is the case, it's very nice that DE is doing that. Now if they only made those Thralls unkillable by teammates so that Thrall Pact became more practical...

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

We don't know that the invuln periods will stack or that the invuln will prevent losing Mesmer charges.   Currently having Sim invuln on or using Rolling Guard, I still lose charges.  So if they don't have the iframes set up to accumulate, Rev could be hit really fast by multiple attacks and get much less than 20 seconds of damage immunity.

Which would make it closer to a very nice QoL change that "gives players time to react" which is the stated goal.  Rather than an on-demand, long term invulnerability.  The total duration of which scales with ability strength and can be refreshed at any time.

I don't know which way it will work but I know which one seems 🤪 and would probably be nerfed in a week or three, or one hundred three.  Or it could be it works another way entirely, especially if there are other changes to the ability  that they're not spelling out.

43 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

In the phrase "Mesmer Skin will now grant 1 second of invulnerability after a charge is consumed." by "after a charge is consumed" they mean you get 1s of invulnerability when an entire stack of Mesmer Skin is consumed (a.k.a. it gets reduced to less than zero)

I doubt it.  It's possible, but that would be a severe case of miscommunication.  The ability stats themselves refer to multiple charges, and if that's what they're going for  they really should have said something like "...when Mesmer Skin runs out of charges."

On 2022-08-31 at 6:30 PM, p_silveira said:

In the phrase "Mesmer Skin will now grant 1 second of invulnerability after a charge is consumed." by "after a charge is consumed" they mean you get 1s of invulnerability when an entire stack of Mesmer Skin is consumed (a.k.a. it gets reduced to less than zero), similar to Nezha's Warding Halo, or do they mean you get 1s of invulnerability for each charge of Mesmer Skin is consumed?

If it is the latter, a typical +Str Revenant build will get ~15+ seconds of guaranteed invulnerability for each cast of Mesmer Skin. This allow us to completely drop Rolling Guard if we want and still have no drawbacks. 

Whatever is the case, it's very nice that DE is doing that. Now if they only made those Thralls unkillable by teammates so that Thrall Pact became more practical...

It's not that because the change is to counter stun immune enemies eating Mesmer skin super quickly.

On 2022-08-31 at 7:22 PM, Tiltskillet said:

We don't know that the invuln periods will stack or that the invuln will prevent losing Mesmer charges.   Currently having Sim invuln on or using Rolling Guard, I still lose charges.  So if they don't have the iframes set up to accumulate, Rev could be hit really fast by multiple attacks and get much less than 20 seconds of damage immunity.

Which would make it closer to a very nice QoL change that "gives players time to react" which is the stated goal.  Rather than an on-demand, long term invulnerability.  The total duration of which scales with ability strength and can be refreshed at any time.

I don't know which way it will work but I know which one seems 🤪 and would probably be nerfed in a week or three, or one hundred three.  Or it could be it works another way entirely, especially if there are other changes to the ability  that they're not spelling out.

I doubt it.  It's possible, but that would be a severe case of miscommunication.  The ability stats themselves refer to multiple charges, and if that's what they're going for  they really should have said something like "...when Mesmer Skin runs out of charges."

It's probably the way I described it. The entire point of the change was so you don't get Mesmer skin eaten up instantly. So even before it's out we already know it means Mesmer skin is guaranteed to last for longer which means invulnerability.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It actually makes him alot better. You'd know if you had played him.

Which he doesn't. There's a reason he's become an inside joke on the forums

Thralls are a free aggro break against all enemies, Reave deals percentage damage that can insta-kill enemies at 250% power strength, and Dance Macabre always hits enemies for super effective damage while stripping armor and shields. But clearly they're all just overrated and it's all part of a trash frame. Clearly.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

It's probably the way I described it. The entire point of the change was so you don't get Mesmer skin eaten up instantly. So even before it's out we already know it means Mesmer skin is guaranteed to last for longer which means invulnerability.

It's invuln either way.  Just one is extremely radical and the other isn't. 

And Mesmer itself won't last longer unless DE codes it to not lose charges during these iframes.  If they do that the next question is, will it still do everything else it does while not burning charges? 

Which, if iframes stack, would be...I don't know if I have words. :P

1 hour ago, ConsumerJTC said:

I swear people were just standing in front of eximus heavy gunners rather than moving around or using cover like anyone else.

Depending on how DE does this, you may be actively discouraged from taking cover or moving around, lol.

1 hour ago, ConsumerJTC said:

I swear people were just standing in front of eximus heavy gunners rather than moving around or using cover like anyone else.

The only problem I have with that logic is the law of mutual LoS. Yes you can take cover from the Eximus, but this only delays the fight with them. Eventually you have to leave cover to fight the Eximus, at which point they can drain all your Mesmer Skin

38 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Wait what? Did people think Revenant was a bad frame before Zariman?

One person did. This thread was made more or less to dunk on him

24 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The only problem I have with that logic is the law of mutual LoS. Yes you can take cover from the Eximus, but this only delays the fight with them. Eventually you have to leave cover to fight the Eximus, at which point they can drain all your Mesmer Skin

They don't reload either so it's impossible to wait them out until they run out of ammo. Cover is practically worthless in this game. Not even mentioning you have to take cover from fire coming from 9 different directions

25 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

One person did. This thread was made more or less to dunk on him

Oh... Lmao. I see now.

1 hour ago, AzureScion said:

Wait what? Did people think Revenant was a bad frame before Zariman?

No not at all, after zariman the eximus were not stunned by Mesmer skin so they could destroy it easily. Revenant is getting buffed because that behavior was unintentional (overguard is made to counter endless cc, not defensive abilities.)

Archived