The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You all remember universal polarity?

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

PROTEA
Prepared for any battle, the versatile Protea offers a wealth of advanced gadgets to overcome the odds. Time is your ally as you weave in and out of life-threatening engagements with your Temporal Anchor Ability.

Protea is the first Warframe to have a Universal Aura Polarity to accompany her set of utility skills!

Yeah, try harder.

I've always been a proponent for "Once you put a forma into a slot, that polarity is locked in place as active. Multiple forma can be put into a single slot to activate multiple polarities in that slot. Once a slot as been polarized, inactive polarities in that slot are treated as "negatives" as seen in the current system of non-matching polarities."

Personally, I've never even considered changing the polarities of slots to change up my builds. Once I put forma into it, I'm not wasting more forma to change it. That locks my builds into a very strict set of possibilities, even if there could be improvements based on newly released mods, or changing metas.

So, for me, adding this system would cause me to use more forma than before, and provide me with more freedom to experiment with builds that are out of my reach currently (without farming/building second copies taking up second slots, and only perhaps a single forma difference in what I put in there.) The downsides to the forma system essentially lock my loadout. Especially in my first year or so playing, without spending plat on weapon/frame slots... I wasn't going to engage with that at all.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

They still advertised it as a universal polarity, not an aura polarity.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

The patch notes 

Except that they never did that.

PROTEA
Prepared for any battle, the versatile Protea offers a wealth of advanced gadgets to overcome the odds. Time is your ally as you weave in and out of life-threatening engagements with your Temporal Anchor Ability.

Protea is the first Warframe to have a Universal Aura Polarity to accompany her set of utility skills!

That is the only time that the patch notes for Protea mentions the word "universal".

It's as clear as can be if you read the word right next to it.
Honestly the only way you can confuse it is if you read "Unversal.....Polarity" without parsing the word between them at all.

If you doubt this quote check out the patch notes here:

It makes it blindingly obvious that they are talking about Aura polarity only....not a general universal polarity.

11 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Except that they never did that.

That is the only time that the patch notes for Protea mentions the word "universal".

It's as clear as can be if you read the word right next to it.
Honestly the only way you can confuse it is if you read "Unversal.....Polarity" without parsing the word between them at all.

If you doubt this quote check out the patch notes here:

It makes it blindingly obvious that they are talking about Aura polarity only....not a general universal polarity.

Ok yeah lol I guess I messed up. We all do that sometimes, but hey, at least I'm admitting it.

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

DE is not going to add a system to the game that future-proofs your arsenal from future developments while also undermining Forma which is at the top of the food chain for consumables. 

Making the Uberforma rare, or making it so you have to use Forma to make a slot universal by stacking every polarity onto it is an easy an obvious solution.

This doesn't really future-proof anything. You could just as easily farm up multiples of the same item to forma in different ways, this just reduces bloat and allows you to actually use item loadouts.

5 hours ago, -Krism- said:

DE would never do that, modding & formas are a big part of the game, it would just completely negate your need to use them forever

I mean, currently, you find a build that works and then stop forma-ing forever. Maybe you grind a copy of the item for a new build, maybe not. Nothing changes except you can now use loadout slots for items better and invest all the forma into a single item rather than multiple copies. It's QoL, and reduces the need to search through copies.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It'd also be pretty neat if players learned to progress and not shortcut everything.

I don't know what you mean, this just is QoL and allows you to put all the forma (if we're using the latter method of getting to universal polarity) into a single item rather than multiple ones. I argue you shouldn't need multiples of an item, especially when extra loadout slots DE themselves provide go unused.

On 2022-09-03 at 8:39 PM, BDMblue said:

We all know the aura forma costs 4 normal forma to make right? Like sure they can add universal forma but no one is going to use it if each one takes 4 normal forma to craft.

Two things about this.
Firstly people would absolutely use this if it cost 4 forma for the flexibility. I'm dead sick of this game and I'd happily put one on every frame I have multiple builds for.
Secondly that is EXACTLY why DE should do this. If universal forma costs 4 normal ones to craft people would actually be using more forma on their builds than ever. In the 5 years I've played the game I don't have one single thing I've changed a polarity on 3 times.

On 2022-09-03 at 2:52 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I would expect this from a universal forma. After all, if it was common then people would simply use that over the Umbral forma...

Unless they just didn't work for umbra polarity which would be totally acceptable.

But yeah it should definitely be quite rare.

53 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Two things about this.
Firstly people would absolutely use this if it cost 4 forma for the flexibility. I'm dead sick of this game and I'd happily put one on every frame I have multiple builds for.
Secondly that is EXACTLY why DE should do this. If universal forma costs 4 normal ones to craft people would actually be using more forma on their builds than ever. In the 5 years I've played the game I don't have one single thing I've changed a polarity on 3 times.

2 hours ago, BDMblue said:

We all know the aura forma costs 4 normal forma to make right? Like sure they can add universal forma but no one is going to use it if each one takes 4 normal forma to craft.

It should take 8 forma to make one universal forma to deter lazy/new players. And it shouldn't be in the market either.

15 hours ago, BDMblue said:

I'd use it if it took 100 forma. Not a ton (cuz I can't afford it), but I would.

On 2022-09-03 at 4:14 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:
On 2022-09-03 at 3:23 PM, DrivaMain said:

Well, then we are doomed into "Build-Locking" our arsenals until DE change their minds. Do you want to know why player chase cookie cutter builds instead of trying out fun off-meta choice? This is the reason.

Or because a bunch of people with 300 hours aren't expecting to actually have 1000 hours? It's a marathon, not a sprint. 

If you actually play for awhile, doing things like having 30 forma and making two frames isn't a big deal. I have 4 Acceltras without actually intentionally farming for them, because I play the game naturally and things just fall in your lap.

Most of these people won't care about this in 6 months because they'll realize they never needed it. 

But I totally get it, when you're new, you want everything fast and now. 

Forma is easy to get. Even more easy using this horrible "uncommon forma" from relics.

However not all frame just "fall in your lap". Sure, lots of player have Mag (do Assasination for Nighwave), Oberon (pre RJ change, unless they sold bps) or few others. However other frames are not so "easy" to farm. YOu need to farm some (I don't remember when I had fight with Dogs for Loki bp or this flying Osprey that you throw bombs or something 3 times). Some are much harder to farm (Caliban & his Narmer bounties) or might have stupid RNG (for me it was Gyre - few weeks without single BP).

Of course you can buy them for ~300 plat however it's too much for polarity/Helminth-ability.

On 2022-09-04 at 12:09 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:
On 2022-09-03 at 9:39 PM, BDMblue said:

It should take 8 forma to make one universal forma to deter lazy/new players

It should give 8 forma to incentivize trying new builds.

I would probably be ok with 8 forma but your reasoning is just stupid. This game is not a job so you have to grind for stuffs. Game should encourage skills or clever builds not lazy (yes lazy) and mindless grind for forma.

On 2022-09-04 at 12:09 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

And it shouldn't be in the market either.

It should be in the market for above reason(s).

----------------------------------------------

OP:

I personally like idea of forma unlocking polarities for given slot. For example:

- 0 forma => no polarities

- 1st forma zenurik => you can pick Zenurik or no polarity

- 2nd forma Vazarin => you can pick Zenurik (from 1st formaing), Vazarin (from 2nd formaing) or no polarity

and so on and so forth.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Forma is easy to get. Even more easy using this horrible "uncommon forma" from relics.

However not all frame just "fall in your lap". Sure, lots of player have Mag (do Assasination for Nighwave), Oberon (pre RJ change, unless they sold bps) or few others. However other frames are not so "easy" to farm. YOu need to farm some (I don't remember when I had fight with Dogs for Loki bp or this flying Osprey that you throw bombs or something 3 times). Some are much harder to farm (Caliban & his Narmer bounties) or might have stupid RNG (for me it was Gyre - few weeks without single BP).

Of course you can buy them for ~300 plat however it's too much for polarity/Helminth-ability.

It should give 8 forma to incentivize trying new builds.

I would probably be ok with 8 forma but your reasoning is just stupid. This game is not a job so you have to grind for stuffs. Game should encourage skills or clever builds not lazy (yes lazy) and mindless grind for forma.

It should be in the market for above reason(s).

----------------------------------------------

OP:

I personally like idea of forma unlocking polarities for given slot. For example:

- 0 forma => no polarities

- 1st forma zenurik => you can pick Zenurik or no polarity

- 2nd forma Vazarin => you can pick Zenurik (from 1st formaing), Vazarin (from 2nd formaing) or no polarity

and so on and so forth.

I personally wouldn't mind a universal forma that you only can get once per year (to avoid it being used like or replacing Umbra forma). 

Maybe as a tennocon thing?

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I personally wouldn't mind a universal forma that you only can get once per year (to avoid it being used like or replacing Umbra forma). 

What next? Once per 2 years? Once per 10 years?

If you want go with Universal forma you can go with "no umbra" route as well. Easy and no "once per year" stupidity.

10 hours ago, quxier said:

What next? Once per 2 years? Once per 10 years?

If you want go with Universal forma you can go with "no umbra" route as well. Easy and no "once per year" stupidity.

nah because then it wouldnt be rare. It shouldn't to be a replacement for forma, instead it should be a convenience item for a frame you like so much you use multiple builds on it

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

nah because then it wouldnt be rare. It shouldn't to be a replacement for forma, instead it should be a convenience item for a frame you like so much you use multiple builds on it

Why it has to be rare? One guy suggest using 8 formas. I suggested using formas to unlock polarities (so Umbra as well). Why it still has to be RARE?!

Archived