Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Styanax short feedback

Silvertap

Since there is no forum discussion for Styanax feedback at the feedback session...

He is very fun (IMO), i like it a lot, but some changes would make him perfect.

- Good points: Easy to play, his skills are good, and strong(ish). Actually his 3rd skill is very confortable and enjoyable, his 1st skill is almost a Oh-S****-Button, his 2nd skill is also strong, but it goes a bit out of strategy with the frame (or so i think), 4th skill is one of the most fun in the game. Passive is also very good.

- Bad points: He works well til level 60-80, after that he starts to strugle, his kit is meant to be a shield focused, but his 2nd skill recovers HP intead of shield witch (IMO) makes him more easily killable in higher level. His 4th skill makes him very vulnerable in higher level, if he could be invulnerable while casting would be optimal and stronger.

Its is funny how of the last three new warframes two of them works very well with Str, Duration and Shields.

Leveling him from 0-30 is SO, I felt that his 1 was the least useful.  But after putting in a few forma and playing him more, the 2's targetting (and what it does) feels like it's the easy skill to repace.  I've only played ESO through round 6, and one SP survival mission on him, but he felt good.  Not great, and not bad, but good.  And fun.

He's the only frame that's been new since I started (I started right after Deimos open world, so I count Xaku as an existing frame) that I've even considered playing after leveling to 30 (for various reasons).  That's Lavos, Sevagoth, Yareli, Caliban and Gyre instantly set aside.  But Styanax is just fun to play.

2 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

Leveling him from 0-30 is SO, I felt that his 1 was the least useful.  But after putting in a few forma and playing him more, the 2's targetting (and what it does) feels like it's the easy skill to repace.  I've only played ESO through round 6, and one SP survival mission on him, but he felt good.  Not great, and not bad, but good.  And fun.

He's the only frame that's been new since I started (I started right after Deimos open world, so I count Xaku as an existing frame) that I've even considered playing after leveling to 30 (for various reasons).  That's Lavos, Sevagoth, Yareli, Caliban and Gyre instantly set aside.  But Styanax is just fun to play.

Sevagoth? Was it the insane forma investment?

1 minute ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Sevagoth? Was it the insane forma investment?

It was hating the way the Shadow controlled.  I'm on PC but use a controller, and I just didn't like it.  I leveled him to 30 and never touched him again.  Great Helminth ability, though.

Lavos was similar.  On a controller, I just wasn't going to put in the time to learn how to cast his skills.  Yareli = K drive, and I just remember Caliban being a bit meh.  Gyre I finally built after the nerfs, so it felt pointless to care, as she also felt a bit meh.

23 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

It was hating the way the Shadow controlled.  I'm on PC but use a controller, and I just didn't like it.  I leveled him to 30 and never touched him again.  Great Helminth ability, though.

Lavos was similar.  On a controller, I just wasn't going to put in the time to learn how to cast his skills.  Yareli = K drive, and I just remember Caliban being a bit meh.  Gyre I finally built after the nerfs, so it felt pointless to care, as she also felt a bit meh.

Yeah shadows a little clunky. But overall Sevagoths one of the best frames in the game. Just as long as he doesn’t softlock your game when switching back from Shadow.

Lavos elemental imbuement isn’t integral to using him, but his cooldowns don’t give much benefit either.

Yareli’s bad regardless of the kdrive.

Caliban needs buffs he never got.

Gyre also needs buffs she never got.

Yeah the last string of Warframes hasn’t been impressive.

Loving Styanax so far. I agree his 2 is meh, but it's also not terrible either. I suspected damage would drop off at higher levels, but there is something wonderfully cathartic about maxing out duration and raining down spears at people. His 1's targeting is a little odd, but its ability to draw people together and even let me get a finisher off on multiple targets clumped together is quite nice. His 3 is excellent and his 4 is my new favorite power in the entire game.

Not sure how his survivability is going to be at higher end, but I like him enough to be willing to work at it.

I'm a very new player (MR8; started during TennoCon 22). I'm still slowly working my way through the star chart (at Pluto now) and have been maining Nidus since Ceres. However I've already switched to Styanax after getting him to 30 in SO (no forma yet).

As someone who is still trying to figure out how all the things work I find Styanax to be very easy to play, especially solo. I really enjoy his 1 since it reminds me of Nidus' 2, and his 4 is incredible, especially when I see all those numbers pop up all over the screen. I've also found his 2 to be really useful when there are a lot of enemies and I need to quickly clear out some room on a survival or defense mission. I'm still trying to figure out how best to use his 3 but it's just day one for me on him. 

I get the feeling Styanax was designed for a new player in mind because he is easy to pick up and play but also feels powerful and strong enough to do some real crunchy damage. And since he's built around shields modding him has been straightforward to the point that I'm now tearing through Pluto without even breaking a sweat. 

If any other new players are reading this I highly recommend him. He's a lot of fun, he looks cool, his abilities are intuitive and easy to use, and he's pretty simple to mod with all the random mods laying around from just doing the star chart.

40 minutes ago, MekaDovah said:

his 4 is my new favorite power in the entire game.

Yeah I'm not sure how strong it is, but it's incredibly fun!

Trying to figure out what to put in and what to put it in place of.  I see people say Pillage or Condemn because they work with his passive, but I don't know precisely how overshields work.  I can get Styanax's to just over 3000 with the 3, and I read there's a cap on overshields (but the Pillage vid in the Helminth tooltip goes way over this).  So I don't know how much either would boost him with his 3 already.  But again, I've never really played with overshields.

And definitely leaning towards replacing the 2.

1 minute ago, Wheelhouser said:

Trying to figure out what to put in and what to put it in place of.  I see people say Pillage or Condemn because they work with his passive, but I don't know precisely how overshields work.  I can get Styanax's to just over 3000 with the 3, and I read there's a cap on overshields (but the Pillage vid in the Helminth tooltip goes way over this).  So I don't know how much either would boost him with his 3 already.  But again, I've never really played with overshields.

Yeah, with the 3, something like Pillage feels redundant, but since shields, not health, is his thing, a powerful heal doesn't feel necessary either. His 2 as it is might be enough.

I’ve been using styanax on sp and the archon missions but not the boss fight. Overall I really like the frame a lot. I think he needs a few little tweaks though.

His 1 feels really inconsistent or bugged on what a pin is, but when it works it’s great. 

Tharros shield needs to have a second or two of damage immunity on use. Similar to Garuda getting damage immunity during her animations. It’d be thematic and he needs a little more bursts of survivability. A slight vertical range increase would be nice, seems to miss enemies that appear to be hit by the shields with height appearing to be the problem.

Rally point is fantastic but it would be nice for stronger buff to win when in a squad with another styanax.

His 4 feels pretty good, though I do think it needs a little bit better damage and scaling. Damage abilities falling off never feels great. 

1 hour ago, Wheelhouser said:

The pillage vid in the tooltip is used by a frame that has extremely high shields (hildryn)... 

Overshields have a maximum value of 1200 for all frames except Harrow (who can have 2400).

11 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah shadows a little clunky. But overall Sevagoths one of the best frames in the game

That's funny. Well... that's your opinion.

11 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

So you get 75% crit. I'm not sure how big it is. I've not been able to sustain shields with this frame on SP fissure... however it's still not maxed frame.

There is one arcane (for secondary or amp, I don't remember) that increase crit based on shield as well. I wonder how it would work.

I also remplace his 2 by pillage and it's better for his set , but the armored strip of his original 2 was good tho.

I've also think of a damage point of view,  and take nidus larva to combine with his 1 and regroup ennemy for his 4 but didn't test yet.

Still , I love it , I think I will make him my new main for high level mission like SP or archon hunt.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

That's funny. Well... that's your opinion.

So you get 75% crit. I'm not sure how big it is. I've not been able to sustain shields with this frame on SP fissure... however it's still not maxed frame.

There is one arcane (for secondary or amp, I don't remember) that increase crit based on shield as well. I wonder how it would work.

You’re just hellbent on ragging on consume every chance you get, aren’t you?

Well I’m not really in any position to judge you on that XD.

19 hours ago, Silvertap said:

- Bad points: He works well til level 60-80, after that he starts to strugle, his kit is meant to be a shield focused, but his 2nd skill recovers HP intead of shield witch (IMO) makes him more easily killable in higher level. His 4th skill makes him very vulnerable in higher level, if he could be invulnerable while casting would be optimal and stronger.

Agreed 100% His 4 is a bit of a high risk where I can just shoot the blob with a good gun or good melee and they die as fast or faster. An invulnerability on his 4 would let it charge his 3 making it more synergetic with his kit as a whole rather than making you loose all your shields and then loose his passive buff. 

His 1 feels a bit buggy and wiffs easy or hits the dude makes him fall down but not pin even if im jumping over head and pin him through the skull to the ground.

IMO his 1 or 4 (or both) should have been a Pseudo that scaled off melee mods. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re just hellbent on ragging on consume every chance you get, aren’t you?

Well I’m not really in any position to judge you on that XD.

When I see people praising Sev not seeing bad site it irks me. Oh well... :D

To me overall Styanax feels less like a warframe and more like a MOBA champion. Sometimes it works for Warframe, but something about it feels just off here, though it's hard to say what exactly.

He's also too easy. It's a weird complaint, but I'm going through nodes on different frames. Recently restarted on PC. What I'm seeing is Styanax having no problems with content other frames will have. And then I looked and realized I never modded him like I have other frames. Not a single mod where others have more complete sets. This might point to others needing buffs honestly, however, what this tells me is that Styanax needs nerfed (and buffed). Particularly his base power probably needs tweaked down a hair and his scaling needs increased a bit. This sort of change is difficult to pinpoint what bases and scaling need tweaked, but it'd definitely worth a look

His 1 is bread and butter style skill, easy to use, almost too spammable and reliable. His 2 is a hair low at times, so the hits don't register quite right always. Something with the hitbox is just difficult to land. Yet the power when it does is notable, turning armored enemies (yellow bar) into red bars with a double-tap of it. He makes seriously short work of eximus with this ability for sure. I've noticed others using his 3 when my shield goes up, but I just haven't really needed it overall. It's easier to just staple a mob to the wall with his 1 or use 2 on the local problem enemy. His 4 is an obvious nuke, it does lend towards some interesting choices to when people use it. (notably I've seen players just use it to nuke various bosses) It's general gameplay use in a skill rotation is not present, it feels disconnected from his overall set.

I will note that Styanax will present an almost Grendel scenario, where there's a large part of the starchart that's going to gate people playing/acquiring him in the future. As a frame that's supposed to be easy to pickup and play, it's odd that he'll be tacked onto the current end-game content. (The Grendel scenario is that for whatever the frame can bring to the table, access means the difference in play rate and balancing feedback.) While it is currently mitigated because everyone has him now, it will be a concern for any and all future frames.

Archived