Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the community division?

Champagne_23

1 minute ago, Prexades said:

and you disqualified yourself with every sentence. Calling people who dont want to use a trio of meta AoE spam weapons Karens is disgusting.

I also still have Wukong in my inventory, even if I never use him, so no content was deleted. If you are salty that the game requires you to do a bit more than just rushing for the exit while spamming AoE, then by all means.. leave.

You are upset and have a problem, is what I am saying.

So.

12 minutes ago, Prexades said:

and you disqualified yourself with every sentence. Calling people who dont want to use a trio of meta AoE spam weapons Karens is disgusting.

I also still have Wukong in my inventory, even if I never use him, so no content was deleted. If you are salty that the game requires you to do a bit more than just rushing for the exit while spamming AoE, then by all means.. leave.

Everyone can use what they want, my man, but the minority is the loudest unfortunately.

But there is a solid question here- why do we use aoe?

As veteran, after 12432384 exterminations, do you think I have what to enjoy there anymore? The SP relics were a nice addition to send me with my gear there.

2 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:
6 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

OP: "Why the community division?" [proceeds to write a one-sided post that perpetuates said division]

What about people celebrating and praising a pretty bad update just to troll other players?

If your best defense of this post is "other people are doing bad things, too" then that's a pretty weak defense.

Just now, Champagne_23 said:

What about people celebrating and praising a pretty bad update just to troll other players?

I praise this update for the armor changes and pretty awesome qol change for frames like frost, oberon, excalibur and mag. only thing that got nerfed is primed firestorm which went from 66% to 44%. The ammo changes aren't an issue if you actively move around like you're supposed to in a shooter game. So yea, it was a pretty good update

2 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:
8 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:
12 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:
16 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

OP: "Why the community division?" [proceeds to write a one-sided post that perpetuates said division]

If your best defense of this post is "other people are doing bad things, too" then that's a pretty weak defense.

No, but before that, have you considered going and commeting there similar points?

You seem to be missing my point.  I wasn't highlighting the fact that you had a bad take, I was highlighting the hypocrisy/irony of asking why the community is divided and then immediately following up with several paragraphs of the exact divisiveness you were supposedly questioning.

The community is divided because this a forum for an extremely diverse game with options for everyone....yet everyone wants every option to be catered explicitly to them. This can never work because there's no way possible to cater to everyone. Even the richest of people can't have everything.

The problem is that those who don't get their way decide to go overboard with whining and complaining to either convince DE to give them what they want or to rally enough political support to force DE to give them what they want. Meanwhile, the very second DE meets their demands, another group jumps in to start another process of complaints. This is the consequence of a very large game having players of all types converged into one big adventure.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

The community is divided because this a forum for an extremely diverse game with options for everyone....yet everyone wants every option to be catered explicitly to them. This can never work because there's no way possible to cater to everyone. Even the richest of people can't have everything.

The problem is that those who don't get their way decide to go overboard with whining and complaining to either convince DE to give them what they want or to rally enough political support to force DE to give them what they want. Meanwhile, the very second DE meets their demands, another group jumps in to start another process of complaints. This is the consequence of a very large game having players of all types converged into one big adventure.

I mean, you are kind of describing exactly what the apologists did, in demanding other people play the game their way...

You have the option to play solo, form a group. Or "play something else", the stereotypical apologist answer for everything.

Demanding they ruin the game for everyone, is what's disruptive out here.

On 2022-09-08 at 11:46 AM, Champagne_23 said:

Why is the community divided between single target and aoe and in favor of the update and against it? This was a nice and chill community and now it's just divided. With each update, everything is going downhill.

I really liked the bramma because it's an explosive shooting arrow, you can't tell me this is not metal af and it was efficient at clearing stuff because OF THE GAME CONTENT. Single targets have a place in my heart too for their sheer damage that some can pack. (just look a knell prime. LOOK AT IT)
If single target would've got nerfed i would not be celebrating because some people now are forced to adapt and their investment in those weapons may be big. (formas, potatoes, time, rivens, endo). Imagine griding all these kuva and tenet weapons and max them out so you can receive a few formas and some potatoes so you will cry less..

Why are people so selfish in a PVE game for actually no reason at all?

This is just a bad update- aoe nerf, not needed ammo rework, merciless nerf, battery weapons crippled, operator propa nerf, glaive prime nerf, archon hunts are low efort sorties and arbi combined, and rushed content for no reason..

You answered your own question with "selfish." Everywhere I look, every discussion, has virtually no consideration for others and every argument seems to boil down to "play my way or not at all."

Sometimes it comes off like all people want are teammates who are simply there to be exploited for their own benefit and would rather demand the game be changed this way or that to suit that rather than turn public off once in awhile. 

On 2022-09-08 at 8:46 AM, Champagne_23 said:

This was a nice and chill community and now it's just divided. With each update, everything is going downhill.

You haven't been here very long have you? This happens with pretty much every balance update.

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

I mean, you are kind of describing exactly what the apologists did, in demanding other people play the game their way...

You have the option to play solo, form a group. Or "play something else", the stereotypical apologist answer for everything.

I mean this 100% genuinely, I cannot tell which "side" you are even talking about here because everything you've said here can describe actions on both sides.  I would recommend being a bit more specific.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I mean this 100% genuinely, I cannot tell which "side" you are even talking about here because everything you've said here can describe actions on both sides.  I would recommend being a bit more specific.

That was my exact point, with that post.

He was describing himself and his own behavior.

10 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

That was my exact point, with that post.

He was describing himself and his own behavior.

I am questioning the below behavior which overall was the same feedback on this topic- cheeky comments and twisted sentences, few original opinions are here.

11 minutes ago, Storne22 said:

Because your tears are delicious.

47 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:

That is a very dishonest way to look at things. Though it is a very common line of thought these days "those guys dont actually mean what they say, they just do it to troll and trigger others, so we are still right". It's an easy way to look at things in order to "win".

Most people here that are happy with the patch are likely genuinly happy with it. So far I havent seen anyone that seems to be trolling since what they say regarding the changes is exactly how I've experienced it in-game aswell. It's just that the negative people arent willing to even try to adapt if needed. Personally I still play it exactly the same way as before, the slight difference is I hit a slightly smaller area with my AoE guns. I have yet to run into ammo problems, besdies in the Archon defense mission. But then again, that was a crappy map with enemies very spread out. It still wasnt an issue since I had my secondary and melee aswell as my archgun if it was ever needed, plus my frame powers to kill with.

1 hour ago, Champagne_23 said:

You... you're not debating or even arguing in good faith right now. You're not exactly helping the "division" by asking rhetorical questions in bad faith, even.

I do not speak for others, but while I have my own issues with the update (namely with Kahl and the Command feature being janky), I thought it was a pretty solid update that began the process of bringing much needed balance to the game and because of it, forcing certain swathes of people to actually *participate* rather than sit around AFKing while what is essentially a bot does all the hard work with an OP weapon that essentially renders other people in the party useless. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Dude what are you even doing, you had made some good points but then you follow-up with this meaningless, borderline racist post that just makes you look bad.  You had the higher ground and you decided to throw yourself off it.

I agree the borderline racist rhetoric was totally uncalled for, but the poster *does* have a point: I've read in several places and heard from other players in the Asia region that AFKing Wukong cheesing was a huge problem in those communities, though that isn't to say it wasn't a problem in Western countries, as I've encountered many random groups of 2-3 Wukongs that do absolutely nothing to help in a mission. As I've said numerous times before, now that the crutches have been taken away, they're forced to play the game on roughly the same level as everyone else and put in roughly the same amount of effort, too. 

And some people just can't handle not having things handed to them on a silver platter, I suppose. 

6 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:

I am questioning the below behavior which overall was the same feedback on this topic- cheeky comments and twisted sentences, few original opinions are here.

If you're genuinely questioning "poor behavior", I think the answer is pretty obvious: it's the internet, a place where nobody knows who you really are and there are minimal repercussions to being a jerk.  So sometimes, some people decided to do that.  Sometimes people don't even realize they're doing it because they don't have to care.  It's Internet 101.

That said, if you want to honestly look at this issue, there's poor behavior on both sides.  There are people who are rubbing salt in the wounds of players who are upset by the changes, but there are also players who are upset by the changes lashing out at players who like the changes.

And similarly, there are people on both sides who are being super cool, expressing their opinions on the changes in ways that don't hassle those who would disagree, doing their best to have constructive discussions.

I'm guessing you don't even realize it, but your own initial post is an example of the poor behavior you're questioning.  Rather than genuinely engaging with the people you disagree with to find out what their perspectives are, you labeled them as "selfish".  It's an unkind thing to do, and it just creates more division.

Be the change you want to see in the world.  Provide a better example for others to follow.

9 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Describing what the apologist did? So, that apologist dude explained that this diverse game has a diverse group of players and there will never really be a way to satisfy all of those groups at one time because some groups are polar opposites of each other? If so then good job apologists!!

This is the same commumity that said this update is great/bad, easy/brutal, simple/complex, too much/need more, I'm quitting!/I'm back! I ask you: how do you configure the metrics from this and dial in a happiest medium that would be better than DE's honestly REALLY good track record of balancing this omnidirectional community?

Why community division, you ask? Simple answer:

If DE had been consistent with the updates, telling us the quick and detailed rundown what they're trying to change RIGHT DOWN to the smallest details, and you should take a note of this, BE CONSISTENT WITH THE CHANGES, community wouldn't be so divided.

DE is anything but those things. So we get this as the result.

Archived