The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Warframe have a secret graphic downgrade?

-Moctezuma-

hace 33 minutos, -Moctezuma- dijo:

These screenshot were taken in the same exact place, with the same exact settings, but 3 years apart

kzVhTfR.jpg

You have to keep in mind that the 2019 image has completely different lighting (i guess a different time of day in cetus) and in the 2022 image the water looks much more realistic.

A lot of things did change with graphics since 2019... I wouldn't expect them to look the same.

I do know that Ceres looked really silly at one point (I'm sure I have screenshots). The toxic slime glowed cheesy/corny bright after one of these patches. It doesn't seem so bad now though.

1 hour ago, -Moctezuma- said:

These screenshot were taken in the same exact place, with the same exact settings, but 3 years apart

kzVhTfR.jpg

Not too sure when all the changes came in but the renderer has been iteratively worked on over the years. Colour grading got redone so you don't get the blow-outs you see on the left. Materials also got done so they better look like the material they are trying to represent, moved to a new renderer (not sure when this came in), SSR etc. etc.

These were from this year alone:

Spoiler

3 descrepencies.

First off, the pictures were not taken on the same time of day.

Secondly, the second picture is post new war, so the scene light is different entirely.

Third, which engine were you using?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't PoE get an overhaul somewhere on 2020?

Archived