Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.3

[DE]Megan

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.3

Ven’kra Tel & Sprag Fixes: 

We have fixed script errors triggered by Kahl Breaking Veils that resulted in mission issues for both Ven’kra Tel & Sprag. These script errors also prevented both the “Find and defeat Ven’kra Tel” and “Find and defeat Sprag” Challenges from being achievable.

That said, upon login, 15 Stock will be sent via Inbox for those who have the respective incompletable Challenge noted above in “Prison Break” or the “Junk Run” Break Narmer missions.

Both Challenges will also be swapped to "Complete" in the Challenge tracking screens. 

Break Narmer Mission Changes & Fixes: 

• Fixed Break Narmer missions being able to be played with other players - these missions are designed to be single player only. 

• Fixed the mines in Sprag’s arena remaining active while appearing inactive after Kahl dies. 

• Fixed the Medusalyst Turrets dealing virtually no damage during the “Free Your Brothers” stage of the Prison Break Narmer mission.

PC/Xbox Cross Platform Play Fixes: 

• Fixed being unable to invite or send a message to a player from another platform by using the “Invite”/”Send Message” buttons on their profile. 

Fixes

• Fixed the Corinth using 3 rounds of ammo per alt-fire shot instead of the intended 1.  

• Fixed being unable to complete the IO, Jupiter Defense Archon Hunt mission due to a friendly Shockwave Moa spawning.  

• Fixed the Despot Cape Syandana clipping into the Drifter’s shoulders/upper back. 

• Fixed offset issues with the Asa (default and Phased), Deru, Hecate, Graxx Spitfire, Ki'Teer Straed, Despot Cape, Harkonar (default and Wraith), Kuva Cloak, Massif Prime, Yamako (default, Rubedo and Prisma), Quaro, Suparna, Synkra, Thorac, Vexillus Cloak, Yomo, and Stratum Syandanas when equipped on the male Drifter. 

• Fixed offset issues with the Ayla, Bennu, Centuria, Deru, Despot Cape, Eklis, Gigelor Prime, Graxx Spitfire, Jotunheim Music, Ki’Teer Straed, Mucusk, Nave Prime, Opulas Robe, Reshantur Cult, Salix (default and Solstice), Telos, Valesti, and Zamariu Syandana when equipped on the female Drifter. 

• Fixed offset issues with the Phased Asa, Asa, Glistor, Mozi, Synkra, and Imperator Festive Syandanas when equipped on the Nightwave Drifter Suit. 

• Fixed the default Defense target downed transmission playing instead of Chipper’s in Archon Hunts. 

• Fixes towards the occasional ambient volume spike that could occur when leaving the elevator from Fortuna to the Orb Vallis. 

• Fixed the charged projectile attack by Narmer enemies ignoring Limbo’s Rift state.

• Fixed Message of the Day messages in chat being cut off in several languages.

• Fixed the background image of the “Spawn Enemies” menu lingering after exiting it in Captura (Default and Kahl). 

• Fixed script error that could occur if you unveiled Brothers in Kahl Captura.

Yay can we actually do the fight and leave now? Excellent. 

Edit: well, for some reason, that fix isn't listed that I'm seeing? Despite being consistently reproducible. That's odd. Seems pretty important. Was the '15 stock' awarded for that and now it'll be completed for this week? I can't check. So - here's hoping this stuff actually gets tested before releasing. Also, this is why nobody is upset about Duviri being DElayed. 

8 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have fixed script errors triggered by Kahl Breaking Veils that resulted in mission issues for both Ven’kra Tel & Sprag. These script errors also prevented both the “Find and defeat Ven’kra Tel” and “Find and defeat Sprag” Challenges from being achievable.

That said, upon login, 15 Stock will be sent via Inbox for those who have the respective incompletable Challenge noted above in “Prison Break” or the “Junk Run” Break Narmer missions.

Both Challenges will also be swapped to "Complete" in the Challenge tracking screens. 

So if I am understanding this correctly, I would be earning the 15 stock since I have the Ven'kra challenge even though I never saw her simply because I have that as one of my challenges? 

Or did I actually had to face her and run into the script error?

Thanks for the Hotfix!!

Giving the 15x Stock to everyone for its completion was a good call. 

Still Known Issues: 
PT = Punch Through

- Still Unable to View Profiles of Other Consoles
- Loki / Prime with Shard Bane Ephemera are still ugly and blocking the shards
- AOE Weps that used to PT with PT mods still cannot PT. Examples: Scourge Prime, Panthera Prime, Ogris / Kuva Variant, Chakkhurr, etc etc
- No one on PC likes the Windows icon next to their name, so hope this is being reworked so that the respected player only sees icons of OTHER PLATFORMS, and NOT THEIR OWN. Very backwards. 
- Believe there's still the supposed color problem with Operators / Drifters with ephemera colors (if this was fixed, disregard this as there was nothing mentioned, but it is a known issue)

(Bless your soul to the mod who always meshes my posts together, I appreciate you and I'm sorry)

2 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

Or did I actually had to face her and run into the script error?

Had to have completed the challenge before this Hotfix. 

Did it before, completed it, did not complete on the challenge screen. 

It now shows as completed, and I got my 15x Stock in the mail.

Clearly states 'incompletable challenge', inferring you had done it, but it did not complete for you. 

Edit: Megan has noted this below - If you have the challenge, whether completed or not, you get the 15x Stock for free, no matter what.

1 minute ago, Halo said:

AOE Weps that used to PT with PT mods still cannot PT. Examples: Scourge Prime, Panthera Prime, Ogris / Kuva Variant, Chakkhurr, etc etc

All projectile weapons have punch through issues too. From testing, it seems certain surfaces that have transparency like windows, dynamic geometry like certain doors on tilesets, and "holes/porous" materials like railings and certain shields cannot be PTed, but solid geometry like columns and pillars can be PTed. In fact, you cant shoot through the glass window, but you can shoot through the thicker walls that hold up that window

Just now, Damocles said:

All projectile weapons have punch through issues too. From testing, it seems certain surfaces that have transparency like windows, dynamic geometry like certain doors on tilesets, and "holes/porous" materials like railings and certain shields cannot be PTed, but solid geometry like columns and pillars can be PTed. In fact, you cant shoot through the glass window, but you can shoot through the thicker walls that hold up that window

Yes. 

Specifically looking at PT through enemies, which almost all of these weapons cannot do anymore. 

Every day you leave the archon shard system untouched, the player resentment around the whole system grows. Personally I want to see the tax revisisted if not removed entirely for swapping shards. Also the acquisition of tauforged shards needs to be looked at if it wasn't clear from the topics in your feedback section. The longer you wait the more people are getting fed up and throwing in the towel.

Just now, Halo said:

Had to have completed the challenge before this Hotfix. 

Did it before, completed it, did not complete on the challenge screen. 

It now shows as completed, and I got my 15x Stock in the mail.

Your condition is not the same as mine. You actually ran into the boss and got the script error.

I did not, I did not even touch or see the boss so I wouldn't have earned the 15 stock before this update regardless if it was bugged or not.

The way it is worded in the patch notes is a bit confusing since my understanding is that everybody would be getting that 15 stock if you have the challenge present and I just want to confirm that this is the case. Your condition isn't the one I am looking for since it is hard to tell if you got the challenge completed since you did the boss fight beforehand, I am looking for if someone would be getting that 15 stock if they haven't done the boss fight already and just merely has it as their challenge. 

24 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Now explain how you guys missed this during QA

1 minute ago, XHADgaming said:

Your condition is not the same as mine. You actually ran into the boss and got the script error.

I did not, I did not even touch or see the boss so I wouldn't have earned the 15 stock before this update regardless if it was bugged or not.

The way it is worded in the patch notes is a bit confusing since my understanding is that everybody would be getting that 15 stock if you have the challenge present and I just want to confirm that this is the case. Your condition isn't the one I am looking for since it is hard to tell if you got the challenge completed since you did the boss fight beforehand, I am looking for if someone would be getting that 15 stock if they haven't done the boss fight already and just merely has it as their challenge. 

You will receive the 15 Stock if you have the Challenge, not if you've attempted to run it and ran into the issue. 

Can the rewards for Archon Hunts (and to an extent Sorties) get readjusted? Archon Hunts in particular as getting an Anasa Sculpture per week isn't thrilling. The amount of Endo earned from either of those gamemodes can be simply earned from doing high end Zariman Bounties.

Make Sorties and Archon Hunts reward per stage rather than at the end similar to the current Bounties (Plains, Vallis, and Drift).

1 minute ago, Duality52 said:

Can the rewards for Archon Hunts (and to an extent Sorties) get readjusted? Archon Hunts in particular as getting an Anasa Sculpture per week isn't thrilling. The amount of Endo earned from either of those gamemodes can be simply earned from doing high end Zariman Bounties.

Yeah. Anasas are oversaturated in the market. If you doubt this claim then let me invite you to my Garden of AnasAss in my orbiter. It'd be more interesting if we got a truly random ayatan statue, or a random ship decoration. As for Endo... 8k endo is ... nice ... but you'd assume people who got far enough into end game content would already have a million spare endo and selling their max modding services on TC already

Now that we have discriminators (#xxx) after names, can we do away with the antiquated single use of a name per platform? The discriminator makes it functionally unique for invites and trade while allowing the visual part to be what the player wants.

Archived