Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please Nerf Volt Speed effecting Allies

BroDutt

With Volt Prime resurgence, most player will use Volt for any public mission now. Which is hell for another speed player, since his Speed ability can suddenly cause you to hit the wall or worse, stuck without warning.

What if instead increasing allies speed, it just give buff to weapon attack speed or parkour. It still give speed and dexterity to himself but doesn't mess up other player.

The speed bonus only give small benefit to slow player since it's only work if they were around him and with less duration.

10 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

Which is hell for another speed player, since his Speed ability can suddenly cause you to hit the wall or worse, stuck without warning.

What if instead increasing allies speed, it just give buff to weapon attack speed or parkour. It still give speed and dexterity to himself but doesn't mess up other player.

Speed player=Parkour god. You can't just make it buff only Parkour speed and not sprint speed. Melee animations also becomes broken if you add too much attack speed. And fire rate buff destroys archgun/ammo reserve based strats. 

I personally would prefer a Warframe toggle about which buffs you can receive from abilities. 

With that being said:

I am so dreading the day Wisp Prime comes along and forcing everybody to pick up her Haste Motes. 

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

You can roll backwards to cancel out of speed buff.

Problem is taking the time to set it up that backwards roll when you are all too busy bonking around and falling off the map courtesy of Speed. And even then you just get speed 10 seconds later from Volt.

I keep hoping for a permanent opt out in settings one day. If we can't choose which abilities to opt out of, then make it as simple as 1 button to disable all abilities that affect allies. I can do without the damage buffs if it means I don't get the garbage speed "buffs" from being spammed. The times I play on public, I already quit every mission with a Volt and Wisp, permanent opt out would stop that and I can stop playing solo.

Backflipping every few seconds is not a solution at all. Especially when either A. Volt's are obsessed with the UI and give back the "buff" we're getting rid of or B. They have trash duration and have to spam it constantly.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Wish people would stop with this suggestion. It doesn't help when you're forced into gaining the buff in the first place, especially when they're spamming.

54 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I am so dreading the day Wisp Prime comes along and forcing everybody to pick up her Haste Motes.

same

if DE for whatever reason decides to not do anything about it, operators can't pick up motes so that might help but still going to be annoying (stg if they make them able to)

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

doesn't help when the roll animation takes longer than it does for volt to recast speed

by the time I've finished backflipping they've already speed boosted me again

maybe if doing a backflip set a 1minute cooldown where I won't be affected by subsequent speed

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

now try reaching the end of the mission rolling backwards each 7 seconds. 

2 hours ago, Hello said:

I keep hoping for a permanent opt out in settings one day. If we can't choose which abilities to opt out of, then make it as simple as 1 button to disable all abilities that affect allies. I can do without the damage buffs if it means I don't get the garbage speed "buffs" from being spammed. The times I play on public, I already quit every mission with a Volt and Wisp, permanent opt out would stop that and I can stop playing solo.

YES please. tho i highly doubt DE is capable of programing that. specially now they have less people working on warframe.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

maybe if doing a backflip set a 1minute cooldown where I won't be affected by subsequent speed

OH i like this one too. +1

it doesnt seem hard to program, there's a chance. 

~i wouldnt mind even if it was a 5min cooldown, tbh... most of the times, the only player that fully enjoys volt's speed is volt himself~

btw, HOLY HELL how terrible it is to have a volt when you're relic cracking as titania... the speed spam makes you slam into EVERY SINGLE WALL OR DOOR.

I don't use Volt and I don't care about this frame but I don't agree with this nerf, I think you need to express a better suggestion.

wukong received thorough reworks thanks to the amount of comments and reanimations accumulated in a single thread.

this subject will never be hot with this amount of dead threads.

52 minutes ago, Kaichi16 said:

btw, HOLY HELL how terrible it is to have a volt when you're relic cracking as titania... the speed spam makes you slam into EVERY SINGLE WALL OR DOOR.

Thought of this just had me on the floor 😂

I had no idea my 450% power strength volt was causing so much havoc, all the poor souls thats been pinballing into walls. Rip

Explains why i see some playera stop and do nothing here and there. Its out of Frustraion and confusion

I usually just drop if I'm in a group with a speed spamming volt, just not worth the irritation. Would be nice to be able to decline the buff through some option or another that doesn't force me to take an action every time volt players decide they want to hit that ability. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Explains why i see some playera stop and do nothing here and there. Its out of Frustraion and confusion

No joke

when a Volt starts to really piss me off, my reaction nowadays is to Hang Back, so I fall out of his range.

then proceed to casually pick up every single resource I can. -I figure, now that I'm staying behind and not getting kills, might as well get *something* out of this mission.

Or if I'm really feeling down that day, I won't even do that and just Abort Mission; but only if I'm host. Because forcing that Volt into a host migration feels like justified karma. (If I'm not host, I'll do the hang back instead, or just AFK; cause I figure the most fitting way to get back at someone so speed oriented, is to make them wait to extract)

3 hours ago, jesusdh said:

I like when a Volt or Wisp buff me in pub missions, specially when it's both while I'm playing Gauss. So what's your suggestion for people who like the buffs?

"maybe if doing a backflip set a 1minute cooldown where I won't be affected by subsequent speed" if you want to keep the buff, just dont backflip. i'm sure you can do it.

"I keep hoping for a permanent opt out in settings one day. If we can't choose which abilities to opt out of, then make it as simple as 1 button to disable all abilities that affect allies." also wouldn't affect you, as you can choose to let buffs affect you.

nobody's suggesting to remove speed from affecting others, just let us choose to not be affected by it.

16 hours ago, Hello said:

Backflipping every few seconds is not a solution at all. Especially when either A. Volt's are obsessed with the UI and give back the "buff" we're getting rid of or B. They have trash duration and have to spam it constantly.

I made a post saying this very thing back when they added limbo and he kept banishing me every 3 seconds from noobs or trolls. People like "just roll or recruit" and im like "or DE can add this option so that i aint gotta tediously roll or sit in recruit chat every single mission."

They coded in "tap hold" swapping that was less in demand than this, so id imagine it must have not been that hard to code in. Would imagine the same for this

8 hours ago, Kaichi16 said:

"maybe if doing a backflip set a 1minute cooldown where I won't be affected by subsequent speed" if you want to keep the buff, just dont backflip. i'm sure you can do it.

"I keep hoping for a permanent opt out in settings one day. If we can't choose which abilities to opt out of, then make it as simple as 1 button to disable all abilities that affect allies." also wouldn't affect you, as you can choose to let buffs affect you.

nobody's suggesting to remove speed from affecting others, just let us choose to not be affected by it.

I usually don't agree with these nerf speed posts, but your suggestion is to keep the speed and only those who don't want can disable it, so you have my up vote. I don't agree with the OP thought, to change the abilitie because, as I said, I like the buffs.

I actually don't get these posts, is it really that bad for some? If the speed is hard to control then let go of the sprint button, it will be easier.

Toxic text bellow, you've been warned.

Spoiler

Skill issue, your problem lies behind the keyboard... Just kidding... or am I?

1 hour ago, jesusdh said:

I actually don't get these posts, is it really that bad for some? If the speed is hard to control then let go of the sprint button, it will be easier.

uhhhh i think so, like with my titania example.

it's pretty much impossible to fly holding shift and normal flight is just too slow, so you're either too slow or smashing your head into every wall

also, doors. they never open in time so it kinda... y'know, i feel like speed's being wasted as the map forces you to slow down. doors, friend doors, laser traps, sensor bars... ugh. 

i dont agree not disagree with OP mostly cause i never use speed, so as long as i'm not affected by other's speed spam, i'm happy

it feels like everybody would be happy with those suggestions, aye?

All the speed nonsense should be removed in total from the game, it hurts proper gameplay. Remove bulletjumps or make them conditional, add a cooldown, whatever. Wisp needs a big nerf in total, shes trivializes ANY content. Wukongs i-fly-through-everything-in-notime should be removed as well. Will never happen i know... 

Archived