Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to get headshots while aim gliding?

unmutual

Question

Did you have the riven equipped and with you? Did you check if the weapon you were using, which doesn't have to be the one with the riven stuck on it, didn't have any sort of special behavior that would prevent headshots or make them extremely difficult? What enemies were you trying to headshot?

I know you melted it, but for future reference for rivens.

Zephyr works wonders here, especially if you load her with relevant mods, many of which increase aim glide. You can basically make Zephyr stay casually airborne for what seems like a minute. Its probably not that long but still. 

Then you just need a good weapon. Depending on the specific Riven challenge, you may want to select carefully as this might be the larger issue, if the Riven Challenge is landing consecutive headshots. Like, some weapons will be decent at getting headshots, generally, but if the challenge is consecutive headshots, you'd rather have a weapon with a scope like the Rubico or the Knell, and only use it against certain enemies at certain angles, to ensure only getting headshots. Since in that sort of challenge if you miss once, it won't count, and will reset. 

I know OP already sold Riven but for anyone else or next time. Basically try and give as much detail and information as possible, as it can help. There are multiple foolproof methods for pretty much every Riven challenge. 

First of all, there are two separate riven challenges:

1. Get X headshot kills/Kill X enemies with headshots, during single aim glide.

2. Get 8 headshots while aim gliding.

1. Can be cheesed with

• scourge + fast firing non-explosive scondary (i used twin grakatas last time,
  • mag 2 (any again needs many non explosive bullets)
  • any groupinng ability that doesnt ragdoll enemies (ensnare) + weapon with a body penetration (either modded or natural, like arca plasmor/fulmin/catchmoon) OR an explosive weapon. Both cases you jump up and shot the enemies heads from top (much easier to aim than from side).

You need a mission that spawns enough enemies that are easy enough to kill but do not die from scourge aoe, I usually go void survival.

2. can be cheesed with 

• any fast shooting/high multishot (beam) weapon with max fire rate mods (I usually use quanta vandal) preeferably also with dmg reducing dragon key equipped so you do not kill your target. WIth proper setup split second is enough.
  • you can also skip the dragon key part and just go shot eidolon in the head

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

For headshots during a single glide.....

-Get a kitgun w/ PAX SEEKER

-Shoot a dude in the head...

-Jump and glide while pax seeker does its thing...

- win

(aka you start the process from the ground and dont need to glide until pax seeker has activated.)

-----------

Its totally not necessary, but Moa sentinels can keep you in the air for a very long time when equipped with Anti Grav Array(alad v secret lab mod) + Tractor Beam.   Theres some frame mods for -gravity also or glide time. 

I see you already melted it lol so keep this in mind for the future lol.   Its Easy as hell =P

31 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I find that staying in the air is rarely a problem. Main thing is game simply not registering headshot kills as headshot kills.

Make sure you're not slash / toxin / heat proc heavy.  I haven't tested this with riven challenges, but most (probably all) other instances of this condition won't register if it  was the result of one of these dots.

There are other quirks too, like some Grineer that can't be headshot from the rear because of model armor. 

I alwyas do this with Zephyr, stick a couple of mods on to increase air duration and then go to Tessera with an Arca Plasmor - its wide blast shot will hit everything coming at you in a group (and those behind). Glide and shoot. Easy to do even the hardest "aim glide and kill x with headshots in a singel aim glide" rivens, just take your time aiming at the big shiny corpus heads.

Archived