Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Citrine’s Last Wish: Hotfix 32.3.2

[DE]Connor

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Fixed being able to heal Belric and Rania’s Crystals through Warframe Abilities and Weapons. 

• Mirror Defence was designed to allow healing, grant overshields and provide active protection with the Prismatic Ward all through collecting Citrine’s Remnants instead of relying on Warframe and Weapon abilities.  

This is a bad change.

The Remnants are Reward Generators, players are gonna pick them up anyway, not for Defending, that's what they bring the DEFENSIVE/HEALER Warframes for, incentivizing Titania as mainstream composition of this mission, is a terrible design.

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Added a sound to identify the location of Molted Casks and Ancient Molted Casks in the Zariman Tileset. 

Does Skittergirl (summoned from the Globelights) or Parallax's Orokin Eye now track them for you? Past updates prior to this hotfix, neither option will detect them for you. 

L kuva and relics cap 🤡🤡🤡
Relics cap = greed causing them to increase scarcity of free primes so they can impress tencent investors
Kuva cap = de destroying any reason to farm endgame to try to appeal to people who play 1 minute per year and cant roll rivens

If de is so concerned about players mass dumping their steel into relics and kuva then maybe the store should have items of much greater value without the dumb time gates to make the player consider losing relic packs or kuva to gain those rewards

time gate mechanics are pure nonsense and just make people want to stop playing which is the exact opposite of what game devs want
🤓🤡😂💀

3 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Fixed being able to heal Belric and Rania’s Crystals through Warframe Abilities and Weapons. 

• Mirror Defence was designed to allow healing, grant overshields and provide active protection with the Prismatic Ward all through collecting Citrine’s Remnants instead of relying on Warframe and Weapon abilities.  

This game is "Warframe". Why take away the role of abilities?

You are trying to repeat the same mistake as Operation Scarlet Spear.

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I've only seen Wisp once and none of the others while doing SP Citrine missions. I've bene using Slowva and have seen Titanias zipping around collecting gems.

I used Wisp on all my runs (all done yesterday/last night, all on steel path).  I ran into a total of 3 other Wisps (2 of which were in a single mission, so we had 3).

On the one hand, I understand this change, because they want you to do the objective.  Wisp's heal mote definitely made it so I never had to actually pay attention to the objective's health.  I felt like this was a laughably easy mission for Steel Path.

On the other hand, doing the objective gets you more currency to buy your way out of the normal RNG (you are lucky to get a drop you want), so players, once they understand that, are going to do that anyway.

And lastly, it's another case of DE deciding that they want to remove our frames' abilities in order to give us challenge, because they don't seem to be able to challenge us with the power creep they keep introducing.  See Archon boss fights.  Taking a Wisp made sense to me, as we're defending an objective and Wisp heals objectives in every mode where there's an objective.  Until today's patch.  For "reasons".  Just too many examples of new content invalidating some, or all, of the play and items we've earned before lately.  I presume in preparation of Duvuri taking even more choice in how to approach something away (since they can't challenge us if we can use our full arsenal).  Or just the general direction the game is going.

Either way, I don't ever need to do the mission again, as I'll have the frame done on Sunday, and the weapons are done (7 parts dropped, so I bought 5).  But I don't really like nullifying a set of abilities "just because" again.

36 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

On the one hand, I understand this change, because they want you to do the objective.  Wisp's heal mote definitely made it so I never had to actually pay attention to the objective's health.  I felt like this was a laughably easy mission for Steel Path.

Ran more post patch and still no problem getting things done on SP with a group. Just saying a group that's actively killing enemies (which makes the crystal pickups respawn faster) or having just 1 person actively stay near the crystal to defend while others did pickups and killing was no big deal. Removing the ability to heal the crystal with frames has had no bearing on mission success, at least playing up through wave 4. Maybe it makes a difference if you stay to 20 or something? I just don't see why people are crying about it.

6 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Is this really a fix if healing mobile defense objectives with abilities works in every other place in the game? If you are going to limit healing, the collected crystals should scale their healing to compensate as at some point enemy damage will greatly overcome static healing.

i dont suppose you can add a fail boss to Mirror defense, so you can fail but have to fight a boss and you can complete the mission with a win, instead of nothing, eternalism you dont actually ever loose lol. he says smash them.. so smash them and lets have a boss fight. maybe you can revisit Voruna and let the queen have her so they can do whatever they wanted and make a boss fight for that mission too. its to spice up the mission and you do these one note storyline with no real purpose. like you dont do the mission for a couple days and they send a voruna after you.

So this new Defence mode, I've only looked at it once still getting my old brain around it.

So when I'm Solo 99% of the time, I'll need to defend each Crystal and move between Planets when told to, as well as zipping around trying to pick up floating stuff like in a Void Flood Zarimon mission, where I guess they do something, quite a few of them look to be really high up in the air in places that only an operator can even get to, while all the time also killing enemies while also trying to keep the Crystal thingy alive.

Challenge excepted, I guess. SeMz4.gif

/me heads over to the Wiki to read up on this new mission and how to play it properly.

Edit:

Ok been to the Wiki, gonna need to become one with the mode. :clem:

Mechanics
Players must protect two crystals, Rania's Crystal from Grineer on Mars and then cross a Void tunnel to defend Belric's Crystal from Corpus on Venus. These crystals cannot be healed by Abilities or weapon passives unlike typical Defense Objects.[1]

Unlike traditional Defense where enemies are fought off in waves, Mirror Defense consists of a time limit of 2 and a half minutes for each crystal, with a 30 second downtime in between to traverse the Void tunnel. A rotation is completed once both crystals have been defended, or every 5 and a half minutes. Rotation rewards follow an AABC drop table pattern.

Citrine's Remnants, appearing as crystallized teardrops, can be found scattered across the tilesets as enemies are slain and are most abundant during the Void tunnel transition. Remnants appear in groups of 3-8 and spawn in with an audible cue, and these pickups are shared squad-wide. Collecting 50 will fully heal the active crystal, grant it Overshields, and spawn a Prismatic Ward above the crystal to provide firing support. Remnants will despawn on the active tileset once the time limit ends. Remnants are not affected by Mod Vacuum or Mod Fetch, and are not able to be picked up while within Limbo's Rift Plane, but they can be seen with Loot Radar,  Loot Detector,  Thief's Wit, or Mod  Animal Instinct  Primed)).

So Voruna took me 7 hours and 30 minutes to farm her weapons and 2 copies of the frame itself.

I'm now 2 hours and 30ish minutes into farming Citrine and I have 1 warframe part, both weapon bps (multiple copies in fact) and 1 weapon part. This farm is not looking great tbh and the sheer amount of leeches in the game mode is also worrying. 

I am experiencing an annoying bug (?) with the new missions. I have done 2 of the new missions and both times I did not receive a rot A reward due to inactivity. The problem is: I was not inactive, in fact I had the highest dps (48%) and kill# on my team. Truth be told I did use Mesa Prime and her play is mostly standing still and shooting, but I asked around on the 2nd run and none of my teammates got rot A reward. Interestingly enough the other rotations seemed to work fine.

Please fix if this is not intentional.

Archived