Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

We exactly don't know how REAL is this Duviri update. Everything is SO FREAKIN TIGHT LIPPED as if DE where evading a catastrophe or something. 

This is WHY I am concerned. 

I'm so used to that they can't keep their promises and release dates it's not even a concern at this point, it's just expected, a lotta people are riding on this update to be the hit or miss, end of all update and given DE have moved to Soulframe, it's starting to sink in that WF won't be their new focus anymore.

I can prob guess that it's not gonna be out any time soon, or until way later in April, like near the 26th at the last second, can prove me wrong at any time, but I've predicted this so many times, it's unreal.

25 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Still sitting here with barely any problems in RJ vanilla. And the problems in RJ were tied to the same thing as the rest of the game, poor host situations really. And here again I'm not sure how you can compare a full priced AAA game with a seperate content releases that is free in an otherwise also fully free game.

Fine, that's perfectly fine. 

I'll tell why. The way things are judged in the market makes that difference. Full released products requires a strict cleanout of bugs and performance issues because there is a trade of money and product in the process. 

True, GAAS F2P projects like Warframe are a different beast and should compared on equal terms. The good thing is that DE HAS NO DIRECT COMPARISON and they can get away with anything they want since it is a free to play. The only thing that stops them or force them make U turns is the decrease or increase of players playing the game. 

DE knows in what ball game the are. That's why they can weasel out fundamental problems, performances and borderline deceiving advertisement. 

And an engine swap would not allow for a seamless transition between Orb Vallis and space, since it isnt rooted in the engine. It is about the game being a peer to peer game and not a single player or MMO experience. I mean, the first thing I thought when I saw it was "is the RJ in OV a new hub?" and thought DE would implement hideouts similar to PoE. Which they might have thought about considering the new Orbiter biome on earth is strangely similar to what could be expected from a PoE-style hideout or surface to space RJ interaction.

The structure of the game, peer to peer, IS the limitation of the game entirely. It is their market model that hampers their potential. But not everybody understands this. I exactly know how it is because i've been here for ten years seeing the progress of this F2P GAAS game. 

Can DE get away with anything they want. Of course. Do yo allow it? Well that's an individual question. I will tell you how I handle things myself. If DE can't provide me what I want. I don't bash them the way they deserve. Besides that is against the rules here. The way I do it is playing other games. I simply make a U turn and play other games produced by Sony International Entertainment or Egosoft or any developer who sees a compromise and delivery in the product. 

I mean, yeah it is sad they showed something that hyped people up. But in the end, people should have known better considering we know how we interact with others in the game, and things like that require access to things we dont have nor ever will.

And you know that I am right. You know it. I do agree on the defence you do for DE because there are points that are valid. I would be irresponsible if I don't acknowledge what you say. But the problem is the delivery. 

DE wants me to spend time with their game but DE don't spend love in their game. In everything we do there should be some sort of RECIPROCITY. 

And I said, some sort, just in case. 

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm so used to that they can't keep their promises and release dates it's not even a concern at this point, it's just expected, a lotta people are riding on this update to be the hit or miss, end of all update and given DE have moved to Soulframe, it's starting to sink in that WF won't be their new focus anymore.

I can prob guess that it's not gonna be out any time soon, or until way later in April, like near the 26th at the last second, can prove me wrong at any time, but I've predicted this so many times, it's unreal.

Thank you very much for THAT SENTENCE right there, the one that I highlighted excessively. 

People will hate my guts on this one but I think Duviri needs a six month delay. I am prepared to take the hate. 

14 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

You prefer if things forced to be connected where stuffs require things from other contents? Let's say duviri locks some good stuffs requiring you to gather materials from three open worlds and rj, and vice versa where there are some stuff on other places requiring consumables from duviri to access, making it perpetually needed to come back?

Then you play void fissure , do you feel or are forced to get things from content islands ?

Then you play Sortie , do you feel or are forced to get things from content islands ?

Then you farm for things like credits , endo , affinity or relics , do you feel or are forced to get things from content islands ?

You don't seem to understand what content island is or entails too , content island means or refers to a piece of content that does not play a role or active role in core gameplay . In Warframes case the core gameplay revolves around various forms of grind and farm , whatever its farming or opening relics , grinding levels , collecting various forms of resources , gaining standing or performing "end game activities" .

Example - Plains of Eidolon do not offer any fissures to open relics , does not offer it self as an alternative way of getting resources outside of its open worlds resource pool , sees very little use in Sorties ( sense its release I only every 2 Sorties take place in PoE ) and while it has an option for Steel Path its very unrewarding experience outside of Toroid farming on Orb Valis .

In case you are new let me tell you this , farming for Primes back in the day was content island , the void key system was exclusive to the Void and DEvs themselves even knew that as they once said that 90% of all Warframe game time was spend in the Void while the rest of the game was close to being a ghost town . So DE in metaphorical sense "Blew up the Void" by reworking Void Key system into Void Relic system and on top addressing some of the core issues Key system had .

Then I talk about intergrading content islands into core gameplay , I talk about how they should play a more active role in core gameplay , that does not mean players should be forced into obtaining certain things to be able to play , it means things like "allow my Necramech in normal missions" or "add void fissures to content islands" or "give Railjack more meaning then just being a taxi" , etc.

5 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Content island means or refers to a piece of content that does not play a role or active role in core gameplay . In Warframes case the core gameplay revolves around various forms of grind and farm , whatever its farming or opening relics , grinding levels , collecting various forms of resources , gaining standing or performing "end game activities" .

This is exactly my concern with Duviri. 

Example - Plains of Eidolon do not offer any fissures to open relics , does not offer it self as an alternative way of getting resources outside of its open worlds resource pool , sees very little use in Sorties ( sense its release I only every 2 Sorties take place in PoE ) and while it has an option for Steel Path its very unrewarding experience outside of Toroid farming on Orb Valis .

Perfectly explained. 

In case you are new let me tell you this , farming for Primes back in the day was content island , the void key system was exclusive to the Void and DEvs themselves even knew that as they once that 90% of all Warframe game time was spend in the Void while the rest of the game was close to being a ghost town . So DE in metaphorical sense "Blew up the Void" by reworking Void Key system into Void Relic system and on top addressing some of the core issues Key system had .

Then I talk about integrating content islands into core gameplay , I talk about they should play a more active role in core gameplay , that does not mean players should be forced into obtaining certain things to be able to play , it means things like "allow my Necramech in normal missions" or "add void fissures to content islands" or "give Railjack more meaning then just being a taxi" , etc.

You are NOT allowed to use common sense on these forums. 

How dare you? How dare you.....ask for fun. How dare you ask a developer plug fun in their game? 

That's inconceivable. lol. 

I am not judging the content but I myself do not really like the operator gameplay and I still not finished the missions beyond the new war simply because I do focus on other accounts and I honestly enjoying more the core gameplay. For me that is enough of a burden that some melee weapons have bad stances and the exception of few most melee are not enjoyable to use. I do not really like aswell the heavy weapons because they are slow, breaks the momentum and the heavy attacks was never my favorites, the combos are partly okay but some just too slow for me. The combat what they shown off in Duviri and Soulframe is too slow, too focused on one target and not seem engaging at all. If they tried the chivalry or Mount & Blade esque combat systems then the mode would be more enjoyable for me but what I see on this is just not my content. Regardless of this I hope when they finish this update they would go back to the roots and try to fix some issues, rework some maps and weapons or add new faction to the regular play. Expanding on some maps also could break the grind or if they changed the formula on how we get rescurces we can actually get more fun to play content.

Anyway, the real test is to try the mode itself, until everything else is just speculation and ideasharing.

15 minutes ago, slava.ukraine said:

khal has horrible gameplay and has nothing to do with fast warframe gameplay...

maybe some grandmas like it. but i am to young for this.

and in warframe we kill fast to get more loot. so there is no place for this slowmo single target stuff....

It makes a change of pace. HD7OT.gif Plus the Grandpas would disagree. vWAjP.gif

15 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

At this point the actual success of Duviri is immaterial to me. Maybe with resources off of it, DE can start fixing bugs and put more development on the core gameplay.

Pretty much this. 

When I saw Soulframe in the distance I knew for sure that the working force for Warframe will be probably halved. It's true Warframe IS NOT their priority anymore. 

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

At this point the actual success of Duviri is immaterial to me. Maybe with resources off of it, DE can start fixing bugs and put more development on the core gameplay.

will not happen - once Duviri is done, DE will work on some new shiny to keep old players playing more, and new players wanting to do more too. Oh, and to encourage people to part with their cash for some new frame, weapon or other "must have now" items. This is their business model for the free-ro-play game, and its why we are in the state we are in.

The only time old stuff gets revisited is if its part of new shiny stuff - eg Railjack was nerfed because they needed it as part of the Sisters of Parvos update.

When I saw Soulframe in the distance I knew for sure that the working force for Warframe will be probably halved. It's true Warframe IS NOT their priority anymore. 

Pretty much this, but to be fair I foreseen this way before, also fun fact, more alerts in warframe, updates for streams (and then that mask thing) yet still no info  

54 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Once Duviri is done, DE will work on some new shiny to keep old players playing more, and new players wanting to do more too. Oh, and to encourage people to part with their cash for some new frame, weapon or other "must have now" items. This is their business model for the free-ro-play game, and its why we are in the state we're in.

Completely True. Let me say first few responsible words about such subject.

Video games could become an ADDICTION, like any other activity. Yes, such addiction can ruin your marriage, work, social life and your creativity. Yes, an ADDICTION that can be as fatal like any other drug out there. I will continue pointing out this with the phrase "must have now".  This market is borderline dangerous for some individuals who can't control their mental resolve. 

The user must be responsible with his or her time measuring moderation when they play video games. YES another big word here, is MODERATION. 

The player must be aware that the stick and carrot system is there to stay. As you said, this is their business model and this type of business has the PROPENSITY to provoke addiction and dependence. The system is carefully crafted for such loop. However the conception of such market in this GAAS F2P game does more harm than good. This type of procedure piled up 10 years of good potential into a diaspora of content islands and slow progression in the graphic department. 

The "MUST HAVE NOW" immediate philosophy hurts the game entirely. As a game Warframe has a lot of positives but the market model hurts the whole project reducing it to a perpetual placebo project. This is exactly why we are in this mess and profound soop. DE knows it, we know it. They are trying to escape their own trap but that snake is biting their butts. 

54 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

The only time old stuff gets revisited is if its part of new shiny stuff - eg Railjack was nerfed because they needed it as part of the Sisters of Parvos update.

This is the reason why DE is heavily critiqued on the forums. This is exactly IT. 

7 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Then you play void fissure , do you feel or are forced to get things from content islands ?

Then you play Sortie , do you feel or are forced to get things from content islands ?

Then you farm for things like credits , endo , affinity or relics , do you feel or are forced to get things from content islands ?

You don't seem to understand what content island is or entails too , content island means or refers to a piece of content that does not play a role or active role in core gameplay . In Warframes case the core gameplay revolves around various forms of grind and farm , whatever its farming or opening relics , grinding levels , collecting various forms of resources , gaining standing or performing "end game activities" .

Only if you see the game as nothing more than various forms of grind and farm and your examples shows that you play because there's something behind it, not really because it's connected.

7 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

it means things like "allow my Necramech in normal missions" or "add void fissures to content islands" or "give Railjack more meaning then just being a taxi" , etc.

Adding void fissures doesn't make then suddenly become more active, just adding something behind it for people to come and as for meaning for railjack, like what?

7 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm so used to that they can't keep their promises

You're no different with compromise

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Pretty much this, but to be fair I foreseen this way before, also fun fact, more alerts in warframe, updates for streams (and then that mask thing) yet still no info  

With how many people making nonsensical expectations and twisting anything they show to bash DE for not fulfilling their imagination, I'm not surprised they choose to keep silent about it like heart of deimos, only with some previews to give

1 hour ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

With how many people making nonsensical expectations and twisting anything they show to bash DE for not fulfilling their imagination, I'm not surprised they choose to keep silent about it like heart of deimos, only with some previews to give

Bashing DE is pointless, they do whatever they see fit and whatever they want, anyway. When any developer can't provide the things they promise, many of us look elsewhere. If a game can't provide what I want, I pick another game.

Simple. 

Look, I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

18 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Look, I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

autocorrect?

Bashing DE is pointless, they do whatever they see fit and whatever they want, anyway. When any developer can't provide the things they promise, many of us look elsewhere. If a game can't provide what I want, I pick another game.

Simple. 

Or, DE can sell our game to competitive gaming companies in expensive exchange!

12 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

autocorrect?

No, but you should own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended.

Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up.

Just as the founding fathers intended.

Archived