The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Farm in the Duviri Circuit and other rewards - New information given on Prime Time 346

AegidiusF

7 minutes ago, vanaukas said:
16 minutes ago, quxier said:

We don't know details but farming arcanes from Duviri doesn't seems to be good. Like... 2 random arcanes (rank 0) within week (?). Even if you could do more than 1 set (2 arcanes) per week you have to do like 10x 3-5 missions to complete set of 10 missions. Even mission that could take 5 minutes that's still 150-250 minutes (2.5 - ~4 hours). Even with solo fissures missions you can do much more. Like 1 plat per 5 minutes. That's 30-50 plat without even doing radiants, team or specific relics. Just your trash prime junk. You know how much arcane ultimatum costs? 5-10 plat.

Sure, new players will be glad to get some stuffs but not "middle guys" that cannot stand Orphix/Eidolons.

I think it's good. At least this is the way I'll finish my arcane collection: Knowing exactly what I'll get

The thing you may not get your collection. Let's say you can get 2 arcanes per week. 52 week yields 104 arcanes. That's ~5 arcanes. Orphix/Veil gives chance of 1 of 24 arcanes. To complete all arcanes you would need 5 years (assuming 2 arcanes per week).

And here is a thing.... I think arcanes will be random. So there is chance for you to take much more than 5 years to collect all arcanes.

Just now, Merrcenary said:

if you can't stand orphix/eidolons then you are not even close to be "middle"

There is various stuffs going and SP is imho much higher ceiling than "end" of normal modes.

With team you can have easy time. On other hand Solo has much more trouble.

Then you have not well balanced stuffs. One level can be easy and hard at the same time (e.g. Cetus bounty). Abilities/damage spam of certain units (e.g. Archon hunts).

Then you have subjectivity (e.g. what you like or dislike). I don't like RJ, Orphix, Eidolons. I'm still in probably middle gear with RJ because I found it boring. I have maxed (afair) mech and I could probably go to C rotation if I wanted. However rewards are not great so I don't care. And seeing Eidolons doing 3x times sames stuffs and (like Orphix) bad rewards I haven't tried it too many times. However I have all frames, most weapons and mods. I could probably deal with it solo but, again, I don't feel it entertaining nor rewarding. I like Zariman & Angels. Angels, even on 100+ levels, doesn't feel like some huge bullet sponge. It's matter of skills more than your big "gun".

I've been soloing stuffs for long time (connection/pc issues). I've managed to solo Grendel mission (pre eximus rework), some archon hunts and I have some SP nodes unlocked. I'm not bad nor the best player. I've accumulated lot of stuffs but I don't think using cheap tactics to melt enemies are good way to show if person is "in the middle" or not.  In general SP is just meant to be cheased so... yeah.

Hopefully there are ways of earning them outside of the circuit. 2x adapters a week is about what I expected but apparently you only get half progress so that equates to roughly about 1 per with RNG locked behind it as well.

Still being stingy with arcanes I see. Just fix the rewards in Orphix DE and/or fix the slew of issues with Eidolons DE. Otherwise, normal circuit seems like a great fix for newer players but sadly does not solve all the issues with obtaining certain Warframes that require end-game grinds such as still requiring narmer isoplast for Caliban for example.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

The thing you may not get your collection. Let's say you can get 2 arcanes per week. 52 week yields 104 arcanes. That's ~5 arcanes. Orphix/Veil gives chance of 1 of 24 arcanes. To complete all arcanes you would need 5 years (assuming 2 arcanes per week).

And here is a thing.... I think arcanes will be random. So there is chance for you to take much more than 5 years to collect all arcanes.

Cool, fine with me.

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

... Because the Drifter isn't crossing over, the player is, and the two paths don't converge until the New War.

Games with parallel campaigns have been a thing for decades now, so I have no idea why some people seem to be unable to grasp the concept.

you mean, until the player hits the 2nd dream quest and then they have drifter and operator. I think I get what you mean, there is a drifter world and an operator/origin system world and the 2 are distinct. Except they're not - the drifter opens the door to the origin system from the dormizone. It might be a little thing, but its huge in terms of how the player conceptualises things. Your drifter character opens a door and suddenly you're something else almost playing a different game. Its a peculiar setup.

They could have made it an option in the UI: "play origin" or "play duviri" and it would make sense. But this is confused.

2 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

if you can't stand orphix/eidolons then you are not even close to be "middle"

You do realise that there are reasons why a player might not want to run a given mode that aren't a lack of ability to complete them, right?

I can take on Eidolons, I can handle orphix runs. That doesn't mean I enjoy either activity.

1 minute ago, CephalonCarnage said:

They could have made it an option in the UI: "play origin" or "play duviri" and it would make sense. But this is confused.

They're going to do exactly that. The door is a flavour option.

2 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

you mean, until the player hits the 2nd dream quest and then they have drifter and operator.

And no, the paths don't converge there, because the Drifter is still in the void at that point.

Just now, Corvid said:

And no, the paths don't converge there, because the Drifter is still in the void at that point.

the player has both drifter and operator at that point. And I bet once operator is unlocked, the player will be able to switch skins and use the drifter in origin system play. DE should toggle that option off, but the player will still be entering the origin system with their drifter and suddenly be playing as operator.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Cool, fine with me.

It's nice that you are fine doing 1 thing for few years. Meanwhile people want to finish 10s of games/books/series in that time. It's like watching 1x 20 minute episode but you get instead 18 because of disconnects. You are watching whole episode from 0 minute again next day hoping you get to finish it but you don't finish it again. You repeat it every day for few years. You MAY enjoy it few times but after some time it gets boring.

I won't to force you to do anything however I don't think it's healthy behavior (in this case).

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's nice that you are fine doing 1 thing for few years. Meanwhile people want to finish 10s of games/books/series in that time. It's like watching 1x 20 minute episode but you get instead 18 because of disconnects. You are watching whole episode from 0 minute again next day hoping you get to finish it but you don't finish it again. You repeat it every day for few years. You MAY enjoy it few times but after some time it gets boring.

I won't to force you to do anything however I don't think it's healthy behavior (in this case).

Care to explain why "it's not healthy" that I don't care about slow progression?

I really don't understand the correlation, even less with your "example", since I'm not "reseting" my progress, not forcing myself to do things that don't enjoy for the "shinny current thing" and I also have a life outside this game... I even have time to play other stuff if I'm bored.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:
16 minutes ago, quxier said:

Care to explain why "it's not healthy" that I don't care about slow progression?

I really don't understand the correlation, even less with your "example", since I'm not "reseting" my progress, not forcing myself to do things that don't enjoy for the "shinny current thing" and I also have a life outside this game... I even have time to play other stuff if I'm bored.

As fair I understand new node, you will be doing 10x 3-5 missions weekly. You will get 2 random arcanes. So if you want your whole collection of arcanes then you have to spend many years 5-10 years trying to get all arcanes. You can do much more productive things during that time. Even if you go for entertainment you can finish so many things. Yet you are spending so many hours for very small gain. You are not even quaranteed to get all (or even most) arcanes during that 5-10 years. Not to mention that game may not last that long so your effort would go to trash bin.

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

As fair I understand new node, you will be doing 10x 3-5 missions weekly. You will get 2 random arcanes. So if you want your whole collection of arcanes then you have to spend many years 5-10 years trying to get all arcanes. You can do much more productive things during that time. Even if you go for entertainment you can finish so many things. Yet you are spending so many hours for very small gain. You are not even quaranteed to get all (or even most) arcanes during that 5-10 years. Not to mention that game may not last that long so your effort would go to trash bin.

I can use the very same argument for all games tho, why we are losing time on games when we could be doing so many things?

BTW, my collection is almost complete after doing Eidolons and Orphix.

Oh no, it's SO unhealthy to just want to play the game at a relaxed pace 2 days a week, oh noes! What I'm doing with my life!!!! WOE IS ME!!!

Il y a 4 heures, Corvid a dit :

Ironically enough, it's in the image in this very comment:

I can't see it.

Since you need to pick two Incarnon Geneses to work toward, and rewards are issued at Tiers 5 and 10, it's logical to state that each Incarnon Genesis track has five tiers associated with it.

It's not explicit. Each path can have its own 10 tiers. It's pretty an interpretation, just as mine, that can be wrong. We'll have to wait till April 26th to see how this will work.

If you look at it, "upgrades" is in lowered case, meaning the word isn't part of the item's name.

Yes, that's it : You are not getting Incarnon Genesis, but only upgrades : you are going up one grade after another.

Just compare to ordinary Incarnon weapons : the challenge is crearly shown on the locked box :

Incarnon-Weapon-Upgrade.webp

Everything, in my opinion, indicates thet the Incarnon Genesis will be upgraded by installating Incarnon Genesis upgrades and not by achieving some challenges.

It's saying that the items that upgrade the two chosen weapons into Incarnon weapons will be given at Tier 5 and Tier 10.

Sorry, but that's not what it's being said : "Incarnon Genesis upgrades will be delivered at Tier 5 and Tier 10" means only that will get the upgrades at these Tiers, but we currently do not know if these are just going to make the Incarnon Genesis gain one level/rank or if these items are the Incarnon Adaptors themselves. What you said is an interpretation (just as mine, by the way) and we'll have to wait the update to see how this will work.

To give an example from the game as it exists now for the purpose of illustration, that sentence is the equivalent of saying "Exilus Warframe Adaptor upgrades are obtained from Simaris". It's a bit clunkier than how players would write it, but it conveys the same information.

That's why this sentence does not exist in the game, but this one "Exilus Warframe Adaptor : Fuses with a Warframe to unlock the Exilus Mod Slot."

I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree. Your opinion is possible, but mine is possible too, and I see more elements indicating that my opinion is right than the contrary. But, as I said before many times, I can be wrong. We'll have to wait and see. Anyway, if your opinion is right, nothing explains the lack of the challenge on the Incarnon Genesis Lato screen, while this point is perfectly in harmony with my opinion.

To resume : Incarnon Genesis system will be upgraded (gain ranks) by doing The Circuit, and you will need as many Incarnon Genesis as compatible weapons you have.

They never changed the name (again, even in the devstream where the placeholder UI called them adaptors, the devs were already using the term "Incarnon Genesis"), it's just a bit of syntax ambiguity. It could potentially be solved by using the plural form of Genesis (as I have been doing).

On the Devstream, they were using a not finished version and they said that some changes could be done (as the text itself indicates). That's why I can agree with you perfectly about this point.

7 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Agreed, plus could be decent even for people who want a second copy of various Warframes for Helminth. I know a few Vets who just don't care about doing a 2nd round of Grendel or some of the other Warframe RNG heavy farms. 

I mean not me though, I am hardcore with a capital Z, I am an elite gamer, basically a pro. I have to wear extra sized pants because my ^&%^% is huge, like 10 feet long. I have so much sex. Why? Well I did Kahl and got enough Stock to get a second Styanax the hard way, the legit way. Pfft other people suing their stock for shards. Casuals obvs. 

The ultimate question though? Do you a have a S#&$ bucket? 

Il y a 3 heures, XHADgaming a dit :

Hopefully there are ways of earning them outside of the circuit. 2x adapters a week is about what I expected but apparently you only get half progress so that equates to roughly about 1 per with RNG locked behind it as well.

To be honest, I may be wrong.

You also have another possible interpretation from Corvid :

It's saying that the items that upgrade the two chosen weapons into Incarnon weapons will be given at Tier 5 and Tier 10.

36 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Everything, in my opinion, indicates thet the Incarnon Genesis will be upgraded by installating Incarnon Genesis upgrades and not by achieving some challenges.

Except that the Devstream 168 gameplay demo shows unlocking a Lato Evolution by completing a challenge (specifically "Compelte a solo mission with the Lato equipped"). It would be an odd thing to showcase and not actually release.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I can use the very same argument for all games tho, why we are losing time on games when we could be doing so many things?

Yes, but not to that extreme. Pick any single-player game, series of books or film series without going to extremes (like 3-10 books, <10 seasons etc). I bet you can finish them within 1 year without problems (excluding obvious stuff like "cannot beat that boss because it's too hard" or you cannot read because you are busy with something more important).

This mode wouldn't even let you finish PART of it within 1 year.

In that case you may have easier time (less arcanes to max) but you still have to be lucky to get certain arcanes.

Oh no, it's SO unhealthy to just want to play the game at a relaxed pace 2 days a week, oh noes! What I'm doing with my life!!!! WOE IS ME!!!

It's your choice. I'm just saying that this level of arcane aquisition is bad.

3 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I think you missed their point. They were simply pointing out this wont be a good alternative to getting those arcanes.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

I think you missed their point. They were simply pointing out this wont be a good alternative to getting those arcanes.

It is to have a start or to complete specific sets with no RNG besides the thing that will be available for the week, contrary to Eidolons that each one has a chance to drop any arcane on their pool (same with Orphix after each rotation).

I fully understand it's not optimal and slow as hell, but I'll take this over eidolons and orphix since I don't enjoy that content anymore.

11 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

So, the Circuit normal mode will bring a new way (an alternative way for those who don't like to grind), but kind of limited, to get Augment Mods outside of Syndicates and Arcanes outside of Orphix and Eidolons.

this is brilliant, but I like this:

11 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

STEEL PATH DUVIRI CIRCUIT :

Rewards : The Steel Path Circuit will give us the possibility to get Incarnon Adaptors.

Rotations of five weapons proposed per week

my plan is to harass/genocide Dominus Thrax's people until I have one of each adaptor/genesis or whatever they're called: the only thign that's uncertain is how enjoyable the gameplay loop will be, as that will affect how grindy trying to get these adapters will feel. 

hace 9 horas, quxier dijo:

And here is a thing.... I think arcanes will be random. So there is chance for you to take much more than 5 years to collect all arcanes

I think it works more as a relief for eidolon hunting than an alternative.

Archived