Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitting aim during melee animation locks it [Fix pending]

B01scout

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

As per our known issues thread this has already been addressed and will be fixed in our next update

Hello,

not sure whether it's a bug or a feature. I couldn't find any note on the changelogs when searching "aim" or "melee".

When hitting aim (right mouse button) during a melee animation the player will lock to aiming as soon as the melee animation finishes (can move freely but any weapon is being held for aiming without the player doing anything else). Hitting aim again or melee breaks the aim lock but this behavior is new and not shown anywhere in the option etc.

It feels like a proper aim lock feature (hitting right mouse button once like in other games with toggles) but it's implementation does not feel like it belong here.

AFAIK it started happening with update 33 on any mode, map, weapon, warframe etc.

PS. No ne of the just 8 tags fits my perceived bug's behavior. I myself would tag it with animation or controls. :-(

• Like 13

On 2023-04-27 at 4:58 PM, B01scout said:

Hello,

not sure whether it's a bug or a feature. I couldn't find any note on the changelogs when searching "aim" or "melee".

When hitting aim (right mouse button) during a melee animation the player will lock to aiming as soon as the melee animation finishes (can move freely but any weapon is being held for aiming without the player doing anything else). Hitting aim again or melee breaks the aim lock but this behavior is new and not shown anywhere in the option etc.

It feels like a proper aim lock feature (hitting right mouse button once like in other games with toggles) but it's implementation does not feel like it belong here.

AFAIK it started happening with update 33 on any mode, map, weapon, warframe etc.

PS. No ne of the just 8 tags fits my perceived bug's behavior. I myself would tag it with animation or controls. :-(

I have also had this issue, although it seems to have certain conditions, if you simply hold aim and attack it's not guaranteed to happen. But it always happens eventually, as long as you attack for long enough.

Edited by DIOG3NES
  • Like 2

Oh thank god it wasnt just me, I havent found anything about this elsewhere, but here is what I have found.

Steps to replicate:
Melee attack, hold right click and melee attack to perform the right click combo, release right click, continue melee attacking to perform a normal combo, stop melee attacking

Expected result:
Character returns to neurtral standing position, as no buttons are currently being pressed or held

Actual result:
Character aims down sights with last equipped weapon, despite no buttons being pressed.

Notes:
It is possible to trigger it with fewer inputs and not repeatedly melee attacking, but I have found this to work nearly 100% of the time

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Rauvagol said:

Oh thank god it wasnt just me, I havent found anything about this elsewhere, but here is what I have found.

Steps to replicate:
Melee attack, hold right click and melee attack to perform the right click combo, release right click, continue melee attacking to perform a normal combo, stop melee attacking

Expected result:
Character returns to neurtral standing position, as no buttons are currently being pressed or held

Actual result:
Character aims down sights with last equipped weapon, despite no buttons being pressed.

Notes:
It is possible to trigger it with fewer inputs and not repeatedly melee attacking, but I have found this to work nearly 100% of the time

I play on controller and have been experiencing the same bug as well. I tested this in the Simulacrum and had the same results as you posted. Melee(B), hold LT, continue combo, let go of LT, continue combo pressing B, combo ends, let go of B, Frame goes ADS (Until giving an action like shooting, jumping, tapping LT, etc, to stop the ADS). Interestingly, if you continue with a neutral combo (after your Hold LT combo) for example, it can also cause the same bug, you will ADS at the end of the combo as well.

Just some extra info, but I tried it with "Hold Aim" option toggled on and off. Both caused the bug to happen. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

bro this bug is as old as the melee 3.0 update itself. i begged for a fix then. it makes useing scoped weapons nearly unplayable imo. Over 3 yrs old and still no fix, and ik TONS of ppl includeing myself that have put in bug reports. most of them rright after the update.

Edited by Merrcerr
  • Like 3

Yes, this has been happening to me too, and it's a bit dangerous when it happens during Steel Path Circuit when I can't perform the actual action I need.

It seems to happen whenever right-click/aim is pressed during any non-cancellable melee attack. I can reproduce this consistently with this combo, although it seems to happen with nearly any weapon: Vitrica + Tempo Royale, Prisma Grakata

1. standing melee swing, then queue a right-click + melee. Game will be stuck aiming Grakata until I right-click again.

2. standard melee slam attack, then simply press right-click/aim. Aim will be stuck again.

I didn't play much some months before Duviri so I can't say how long this bug has been around, but I've been playing for much longer before that and I don't recall ever having this problem.

On 2023-05-03 at 3:01 AM, Merrcerr said:

bro this bug is as old as the melee 3.0 update itself. i begged for a fix then. it makes useing scoped weapons nearly unplayable imo. Over 3 yrs old and still no fix, and ik TONS of ppl includeing myself that have put in bug reports. most of them rright after the update.

Not only scoped weapons, If you use the right click to use ANY of the stance combos you will be locked into the right click one, makes some weapons unplayable like the blind justice stance nikanas, you close up a gap aim for the enemy only to get thrown away from your target since the game still sees the W+M2 input

• Like 1

I started having this happen with the duviri update. It's SUPER annoying, please fix ASAP. It's extremely apparent with how many melee weapons they JUST released that have unique heavy attacks. It's constantly getting stuck on. I end up needing to just lock the melee weapon instead of using quick melee.

• Like 1

I also had the problem when using the right click combos, really annoying, contacted support (because i didn't find a bug report function) closed the issue and referred me on this forum, looked it up, and was surprised, that this issue is oersisting for so long now

would love to have this fixed

kinda takes away the flow of the game

• Like 2

It neither is new not just Duviri but I did think it was a Playstation issue as my PS4 I played Warframe on until March this year when I bought my PS5; had it long before Duviri happened and both my Playstations have had this annoying bug that made me think my control pad was faulty- clearly not if you guys also have it and on PC, PC+Controllers are also getting it. zonly good thing I'm not alone

• Like 1

It was on their last  "Known Issues" list, and marked as needing a code change.  And thus a cert update.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1348031-the-duviri-paradox-hotfix-3303/#comment-12769146

I suspect that means it's fixed already on the dev build.  Hopefully that gets to us  next week.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

It neither is new not just Duviri . . .

Yeah I've had it happen before too.  But  nowhere near as easily and frequently as it's been post Duviri.

• Like 1

On 2023-05-20 at 9:57 PM, Tiltskillet said:

It was on their last  "Known Issues" list, and marked as needing a code change.  And thus a cert update.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1348031-the-duviri-paradox-hotfix-3303/#comment-12769146

I suspect that means it's fixed already on the dev build.  Hopefully that gets to us  next week.

Yeah I've had it happen before too.  But  nowhere near as easily and frequently as it's been post Duviri.

It’s just been a pain for all of us. I thought it was just my controller but it persisted so thought it was my PS4 or a setting DE snuck in on us so it’s a partial relief that it’s not just me but it still sucks that we have it even now

• Like 1

On 2023-05-03 at 3:01 AM, Merrcerr said:

Okay because I started having this bug occur after duviri released. I've never experienced this bug before at all. But anyway, it's super annoying and makes melee finnicky at best. I really hope they fix it.

• Like 1

This bug can be very troublesome in some instances. I play with controller, and have noticed that it will happen if I melee from aim gliding, or use a skill while aim-gliding. It doesn't always trigger, but when it does, it breaks the flow of combat and movement, as I'm suddenly aim-walking. I main Revenant Prime, so aim glide + Reave is a common way for me to keep up with faster frames. This bug can completely wreck that ability, causing some frustration to any squad-mates.

Yeah troublesome, if you have a sniper equipped I constantly have the aim screen during melee combos. How about separating aiming and combo? I could bind another key for aiming... I know this is a bigger issue but it could solve this bug permanently.

Edited by Chronos-lost

Can confirm this is still a thing and makes using melee a pain, this has been happening for way too long. Not related to duviri update, i hoped major updates like the new war and duviri would fix bugs like these but nope.