Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you find people for radshares nowadays?

Traumtulpe

Question

I've been playing this game for a while, way back I'd just type in recruitment chat "LF Axi W3 radshare" after a prime access, and get invited within seconds. Great.

But now it seems things have changed. There's like 5 people in recruitment chat at any time, and this after Wisp prime came out?? My first suspicion was that DE messed up the region settings (I'm using english in the launcher of course), so I tried North America in the options - still there's just nobody active in chat. I tried at different times too.

Is this game literally dying, do people recruit for missions somewhere else now, or am I being stupid?

13 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

I've been playing this game for a while, way back I'd just type in recruitment chat "LF Axi W3 radshare" after a prime access, and get invited within seconds. Great.

But now it seems things have changed. There's like 5 people in recruitment chat at any time, and this after Wisp prime came out?? My first suspicion was that DE messed up the region settings (I'm using english in the launcher of course), so I tried North America in the options - still there's just nobody active in chat. I tried at different times too.

Is this game literally dying, do people recruit for missions somewhere else now, or am I being stupid?

Did you turn off crossplay?  I have it enabled, sadly*, because the game is basically full-on singleplayer without it enabled.  And that's not because there are no other PC players.  It's because DE has made it so if you have crossplay disabled you won't match with anyone else except people who also went into the settings and disabled it.

*No shade to console owners/users, but you take longer to load on average, you don't spawn as many enemies to kill/loot when you host, and you're less likely to have a keyboard and be able to communicate quickly.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Did you turn off crossplay?  I have it enabled, sadly*, because the game is basically full-on singleplayer without it enabled.  And that's not because there are no other PC players.  It's because DE has made it so if you have crossplay disabled you won't match with anyone else except people who also went into the settings and disabled it.

I did! Thank you, this explains everything. With Duviri everything was so goddamn broken, the Circuit basically bugged out every single time, that I finally went and disabled crossplay!

This is crazy, what the hell is DE doing? I just enabled crossplay again and the chatroom went from 5 people to hundreds. Why are you forcing console load times, console spawns, and console balancing (enemies drop more life support because there are so much fewer) down my throat? The game is already so buggy without it...

• Like 1

After last 2 prime accesses, I just simply farm enough relics then rely on 10% chance on rad. I've had enough disconnects, on purpose disconnectors, wrong relic selectors, on purpose non-rads, afkers and mindless nukers that won't let enemies to convert that I'd rather have everything 10x longer and do it myself than having additional headaches. Gameplay is fun enough to stomach the extra grind.

1 minute ago, RobWasHere said:

I just simply farm enough relics then rely on 10% chance on rad

I did just that way way back. Didn't want to bother with either trade- or recruitment chat. But it's just miserable, trust me. 10% chance sounds okay on paper, but you'll get unlucky at some point. You'll have 20 relics, rad them all, and get nothing. And then 20 more relics, and still nothing. It will happen.

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

This is crazy, what the hell is DE doing? I just enabled crossplay again and the chatroom went from 5 people to hundreds. Why are you forcing console load times, console spawns, and console balancing (enemies drop more life support because there are so much fewer) down my throat? The game is already so buggy without it...

You can get around this by changing the game settings (setting ping limit to 100 and changing device type to desktop) so that the game prefers you to play as the host. If I recall, the spawns are determined by the host's machine.

Edited by DrivaMain

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Is this actually a thing? I might have to turn off crossplatform myself if so.

It is absolutely a thing, at least for older consoles.  Every time I load into ESO or some area where I know how many spawns I should be getting and see that spawns are reduced, I check, and there's a crossplay symbol on the host.

It's especially obvious when you're playing as Saryn and you have an effective enemy counter.  I first noticed it when crossplay first dropped, honestly.  With Lua's Prey.  The SP conjunction survival would be frenetic and fun with a PC host.  Get a console host, though, and there would be nothing to kill.  Absolute snoozefest.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I might have to turn off crossplatform myself if so.

I don't recommend it.  In my region/time and apparently in most or all others, it will reduce the pool size of eligible co-op drastically.  Like, close to "might as well be single player" drastically. 

I mean, witness the OP, who could only see about 5 people in chat on the first day of a PA.   Even if it were an unpopular PA like Hildryn, that's insanity, and for Wisp it's beyond the pale.  I assure you, if you don't know already, that it was the usual mayhem in Recruit chat yesterday with crossplay turned on.

The way this is handled is extremely poor.  It basically incentivizes people on PC to crossplay--not a bad thing in itself--but ditch squads if they care at all about spawn count and a console player is hosting.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't recommend it.  In my region/time and apparently in most or all others, it will reduce the pool size of eligible co-op drastically.  Like, close to "might as well be single player" drastically. 

I mean, witness the OP, who could only see about 5 people in chat on the first day of a PA.   Even if it were an unpopular PA like Hildryn, that's insanity, and for Wisp it's beyond the pale.  I assure you, if you don't know already, that it was the usual mayhem in Recruit chat yesterday with crossplay turned on.

The way this is handled is extremely poor.  It basically incentivizes people on PC to crossplay--not a bad thing in itself--but ditch squads if they care at all about spawn count and a console player is hosting.

Playing on three different consoles since crossplay came around I can say that the OG XBox (and presumably PS4s) are the slowest loading time wise, followed by PS4Pro, the 1X, and Switch, but when I play on these unless non-peak times after the first update after cross play was enabled for everyone I noticed I am rarely the host when on these devices.  I assume that this is controlled as much as it can be to prevent a diminished player experience across the board.  When on the Series X I often find myself able to host much more often than when using the others (granted I don't play public much) but just my own personal observations. 

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Is this actually a thing? I might have to turn off crossplatform myself if so

It absolutely is. When you're in a steel path survival and the game spawns the occasional 2 enemies while you're running through the hallways you know something is up. Even worse, keeping up life support is not even something you need to think about despite there being no enemies. It's like the easiest easy mode, you basically just wait 5 minutes.

Edited by Traumtulpe

Im ps4.   I joined others and hosted matches.   Alot of cross platform playing...

Popping relics went about the same way it always goes,  Easy.   I had 1 guy get host migrated when I hosted.  ( I cant tell but I get disconnected from hosts a crap ton in rando groups,   I'd love to know which platform the host was.  I know my clan mate is ps5 and we always have problems)  

I wish DE would come out and talk about all the host migrations at mission starts,  which platforms dont match up,  what if anything they are doing to help resolve the problem.

Anyways I think its a little better if you form squads before launching into a mission instead of blindly jumping into public squads.   Atleast in my experience.   So forming relic popping groups doesnt seem to suffer as many Host Migrations.   As far as losers not bringing the right relic that has always been a problem on console and why most people look at what relics are being chosen before the mission starts so you can real quick cancel and boot them.  ( I usually try to lock my groups to invite only to so if someone drops its easy to see and it blocks a rando from joining lol)

========

I got all the new primes day 1... fastest ever for me lol.  Usually I spread it over 2 days.   But I got 3 syns and 3 open worlds worth of relics saved up for prime releases hehe so it cuts down on having to farm relics.