Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeing the Fugitives again reminded me that we still don't have a Molotov Weapon Augment.

Zahnrad

Back when The Wolf of Saturn Six was still new as part of Nightwave, I remember seeing a lot of discussion about giving us the players the ability to throw molotovs like the Saturn Six Fugitives.

Personally I was hoping for a Karak augment, and felt a little let down that the Kuva Karak never gave us it as an Alt Fire option.

So, even though the Karak isn't exactly a meta weapon I thought maybe bringing up discussion about a throwable molotov again might be good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

So, even though the Karak isn't exactly a meta weapon I thought maybe bringing up discussion about a throwable molotov again might be good.

unique Mechanics could help a lot with any such problem, though :D

like uh, Enemies hit by such a Molotov alt-fire take increase Damage from primary-fire, or maybe bonus Crit/Status Chance from primary-fire, Et Cetera.

2 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

We have an augment called Nightwatch Napalm, is that not firey enough for you?

resident-evil-resident-evil-welcome-to-r

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

Don’t bother with Napalm Grenades, they’re still bugged and you will run into problems with undetonatable ghost grenades clogging up your max limit of 5 active grenades until you cannot fire anymore.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Neither of those are Molotovs

No they are not but they make fire on impact - same as Molotovs.

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

nor do you throw them.

Is it important that you throw them? I mean that's just animation. Or you mean something more specific?

Edited by quxier

18 minutes ago, quxier said:

Is it important that you throw them? I mean that's just animation. Or you mean something more specific?

We're meant to be masters of Gun and Blade, I don't mind getting a bit more primitive every once in a while.

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

We're meant to be masters of Gun and Blade, I don't mind getting a bit more primitive every once in a while.

Sure, but what exactly Molotov has that those augment don't? I've tried Nigwave Napalm and they do something like Molotov. They don't spread fire but that just limitation of game (it would be too overpowered).

12 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The Penta mod sucks honestly and it doesn't make sense why the penta which has rectangular CORPUS ammo fires out a GRINEER projectile. lol

could just be a simple Caliber Conversion. swap out the barrel, chamber, bolt, and magazine and slot in new ones that take grineer ammo. it's never really explained in-universe how mods work, but if they literally just reprogram the weapon, then there's no reason it couldn't be possible, expecially with the kind of tech in Warframe's universe.

they could make an augment for the Aegrit, which is both a Grineer weapon and a Thrown Secondary, to beome incendiary-based,. maybe also add extra ammo, especially if they don't do quite as much damage per hit as the standard Aegrit. they still wouldn't look like molotovs, that'd require a skin, but we'd finally have some hand-thrown incendiary grenades. 

9 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Could just be a simple Caliber Conversion. swap out the barrel, chamber, bolt, and magazine and slot in new ones that take grineer ammo. it's never really explained in-universe how mods work, but if they literally just reprogram the weapon, then there's no reason it couldn't be possible, expecially with the kind of tech in Warframe's universe.

Yeah, its just weird that this
image.png?width=810&height=615

Somehow fires out one of these lol
1d4172b8e83ca305d6d5236fdbb9ed18.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Yeah, its just weird that this
image.png?width=810&height=615

Somehow fires out one of these lol
1d4172b8e83ca305d6d5236fdbb9ed18.png

wtf is that second pic? is that what they actually look like? crazy.

even though you can see the magazine of the Penta, it's unclear whether the entire cartridge "stick" is the projectile or just a casing holding propellant (likely Detonite) and a smaller munition, since the "sticks" feed upwards into a sealed chamber that you cannot see into. 

stuff like this is why I'd love more in-depth detail as to exactly how some of the weapons in warframe work, and just exactly how much of each design is purely space magic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

wtf is that second pic? is that what they actually look like? crazy.

even though you can see the magazine of the Penta, it's unclear whether the entire cartridge "stick" is the projectile or just a casing holding propellant (likely Detonite) and a smaller munition, since the "sticks" feed upwards into a sealed chamber that you cannot see into. 

stuff like this is why I'd love more in-depth detail as to exactly how some of the weapons in warframe work, and just exactly how much of each design is purely space magic.

Yeah, that's the huge-ass projectile that fires out of the Penta. Its the same model the Saturn six fugitives and Kahl throw as a full-sized grenade. lol

27 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's unclear whether the entire cartridge "stick" is the projectile

It is, which is one of the many things that makes the Penta so amusing. If I had to give an assumed lore reason as to how it works, I would say the upper body of the Penta houses an electromagnetic propulsor (think along the lines of a coilgun) and the stock carries the power source that powers it. This would be along the lines of Corpus tech, so fitting.

7 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Don’t bother with Napalm Grenades, they’re still bugged and you will run into problems with undetonatable ghost grenades clogging up your max limit of 5 active grenades until you cannot fire anymore.

Aw man, I was looking forward to playing around with that. Guess I’ll give it a shot with an expectation that there’s some bugs that can happen, but sure would be nice if stuff like this was addressed

We already have throwing weapons for the secondary slot. Nothing would stop DE from just releasing literal molotovs in that weapon class. Give them a slow projectile speed with a heavy travel arc, exploding on impact and creating a fire pitch. Almost assuredly would not be viable outside the lower half of the normal star chart, but hey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

We already have throwing weapons for the secondary slot. Nothing would stop DE from just releasing literal molotovs in that weapon class. Give them a slow projectile speed with a heavy travel arc, exploding on impact and creating a fire pitch. Almost assuredly would not be viable outside the lower half of the normal star chart, but hey.

The grenades the Fugitives and Kahl use are already perfect, just balance them for Warframe use, please. 🙏

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Aw man, I was looking forward to playing around with that. Guess I’ll give it a shot with an expectation that there’s some bugs that can happen, but sure would be nice if stuff like this was addressed

It's fine for short missions, but I find anything longer than a 5-minute survival will start to leave me with less and less until I can't fire altogether. Multishot makes it worse since it counts towards the max grenade limit. The mod does give you a good initial damage boost if you're good at direct hits, but it won't be that sustainable until the bug gets patched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

It's fine for short missions, but I find anything longer than a 5-minute survival will start to leave me with less and less until I can't fire altogether. Multishot makes it worse since it counts towards the max grenade limit. The mod does give you a good initial damage boost if you're good at direct hits, but it won't be that sustainable until the bug gets patched.

That sounds… usable-ish, though not ideal. Made even worse by the fact that fixing stuff like this is low on the priority list while they figure out ways to get players who just want to grind to engage with the game or churn out new content when some newbie’s already got soooo much to get through. I’m basically relegated to dealing with tons of these bugs like they’re just never going to get fixed, which does also cause me to reconsider introducing someone to a build-crafting game where the build crafting components sometimes just straight up don’t work

Edited by (NSW)Greybones