Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i am disapponted de. warframe into a mobile game, i think is a bad choice!

balckillofdeath

vor 18 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Unstar:

With respect, there's a lot of Dunning-Kruger going on here:

1. They're not developing a new game, the existing game is getting ported to mobile.

2. DE is providing goods and services that people want in exchange for monetary compensation.  What a bunch of monsters!  I suppose the only thing that could explain something so insidious is greed.

3. In regards to feasibility, the developers of the actual game Warframe know so much more than any of us that our opinions are worth nothing.  They greenlit the project, which implies that they did their due diligence and determined it was indeed feasible.

Man (or woman), than you from the bottom of my heart. Sometimes I think that I don't belong in this world any more. People *@##$, *@##$, *@##$, *@##$ and complain, complain, complain about a free game with an amazingly fair currency model.

There is so much entitlement and ungratefulness going around, this must be the thing they described in the bible as Sodom and Gomorrha :D

• Like 2

i am sorry. if i seem entitled. i rarely want to complain, or even just say something.
i really hope i am wrong. 100 percent.  when i made this post i understood to be all androids/ios not just ios. which as much as i dont like apple. their hardware tends to be better quality than other systems.   ios phones likely have better hardware than i was originally expecting.

I want de to make money, i dont want DE to not make money. making warframe more accessible in my mind is almost always a good thing. as long as this accessiblity doesnt come with super strong design restraints on it. that's the worry. by moving it to ios the put themselves in a position where they are stuck with strong design restraints! which may hurt the player base more than help.  porting is definitely easier than a new game.

the game is amazing!

i say this as a player that would like waframe to live a long life and be the amazing game that it is!(while making de tons of money for developing a game that people love!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, balckillofdeath said:

i am sorry. if i seem entitled. i rarely want to complain, or even just say something.

There is nothing wrong with speaking up and sharing your mind. But it would be better to do it when the actual product is in your hand so you can evaluate it fairly.

The only responses you will get until then is speculation based on people's personal opinion of DE the company, the mobile game market, hamburglers stealing money, and the occasional panda express phobia mixed in.

• Like 1

On 2023-08-27 at 1:44 AM, balckillofdeath said:

why develop a mobile game? it feels like a cash grab

I disagree, is developing it for xbox a "crash grab" ? how about the switch ? no ? why not ? it should be pc exclusive by that logic? then why is mobile a cash grab?

mobile is just another platform that might bring a whole load of new Tenno into warframe which I fully welcome! it can only be a good thing! bigger stronger community and yes it might also bring in more revenue through the exact same means as the current platforms bring it in, selling plat / cosmetics.

why mobile ? well some people don't have a pc / console, or travel a lot for work , live out of hotel rooms and can't be lugging consoles etc around with them or justify the extra cost but will nearly always have a phone, so its pretty accessible way to play games

On 2023-08-27 at 1:44 AM, balckillofdeath said:

i dont know about everyone but i dont buy 1000 dollar phones

was messing aorund I managed to run warframe on a potato laptop from 14 years ago, talking like way under spec, 2gb ram intel gfx not even a good gaming pc and it was able to hit 9 - 15fps everything on low, long as it can hit like 25fps on a mid range phone 720p (which isn't asking a lot) I think it will be fine?

but are you concerned this is a cash grab or that you won't be able to play it on your phone ?

the key difference here is that xbox/switch/ps4/steam deck are all built for games.  while mobile (ios/android) are not really built for performant gaming!  hell, i would even be willing to use my own argument against PC(personal computers).  often times being that pcs arent specifically built for gaming.  the easy counter argument their is that PC desktops(not laptops) have much easier time to have the hardware for running games that require higher performance! mobile is severly restricted in that regard.

and for laptop argument, normally de cant really discriminate without hurting their customer with the exception of systems spec requirements!

some laptop do meet the requirements for performant gaming and i am pretty sure more common than the phone of the same level! (if your traveling use a laptop) (i dont consider MAC book laptops mobile)

i am worried about cash grab not running it on my phone( i will likely never own a phone with performance required of this game)

i also ran a laptop with similar performance level as the laptop you described a while back that was much slower than my current $1k pc bought three years ago. (hell, i am starting to think that i need upgrade again)

as i said, i really hope i am wrong and my worries are for nothing at all.

more tenno is great, I love this and do want to share it. but even the things you love and want to share you have to have limits!

i am worried the development team will be split even more hurting the content drops and bugginess of the game more not less! not including dulling down content for mobile players due to performance reasons!

(software development isnt like construction where more workers means more houses being built! so no they cant just add more developers to solve the problems)

• Like 1

I don't see how things could get worse from going mobile. We already have fomo, pay2skip progression throttling, insanely pricey macrotransactions and a predatory mtx shop with ludicrously bad value lootboxes meant to prey on new players. Warframe has mobile game written all over it when it comes to monetization.

Embrace it imo - it's what warframe has been about since the nearly the very beginning. Player trading is always used to deflect any criticism regarding the mtx but it doesn't change the core design which is built to be predatory. We have been playing the mobile game mtx shop version of warframe for 10 years already!

Edited by Lilybun

8 hours ago, balckillofdeath said:

the key difference here is that xbox/switch/ps4/steam deck are all built for games.

The switch is basically a chunky phone. The iPhone 13 pro beats it in GPU and CPU performance, and earlier iPhone models are comparable depending on the detail of the workload.

I, personally, can't stand Apple devices but they are much more capable than the Switch and that runs Warframe acceptably. 

That said, I think you'd need a physical controller at minimum to get a reasonable control.

Like I said earlier, once DE did the work getting a switch port I think it was only a matter of time until they ported it to mobile, it's such an easy win at that point.

• Like 3

Roflmao, warframe mobile game will be literally the best mobile game on the market. You will be able to do farm stuff while you commute (unlike the current companion app where you cant do anything unless you already have resources) and also it will still be like the only mobile game without microtransaction spam. The iphone exclusivity is bad, but Im sure its just the first platform theyre developing it for and that it will come to android shortly after its finished on ios.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

They really, really need to iron out the connectivity.

Can you imagine the horror of SO/ESO via a mobile host?  It's rubber bandy enough already.

Yeah, mobile will have to be kept separate from the main base.  In fact it should be solo only, so people can still work on their 'Frame stuff but not bother people on other platforms 

10 hours ago, balckillofdeath said:

the key difference here is that xbox/switch/ps4/steam deck are all built for games.  while mobile (ios/android) are not really built for performant gaming! 

beg to differ, there are $1000 gaming phones and a LOT of even mid range phones now days easily out perform the switches aging 2015 cpu, give it to you a phone typically don't have a controller but it has ways to add a controller or use on screen controls and is one of the largest gaming markets in the world,

also android isn't always a phone, there are lots of purpose build android based handheld gaming consoles similar to the switch with analogue sticks that will be able to install the android version of warframe.

10 hours ago, balckillofdeath said:

am worried about cash grab not running it on my phone

in what sense do you think it will be a cash grab ? pretty sure it will follow the same monetization path the other platforms follow, $90 prime access anyone?

if you mean they are literally doing it to get more money ? damn right ! why not hit a wider audience (one of the biggest in the market) and bring in more money from your product ?

• Like 1

On 2023-08-27 at 1:03 AM, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

DE can dress it up as much as they want, it's still parallel universes which is a trope and cope out to tie anything and anyone together.

No, it's not. Parallel universe and eternalism are completely different things. 

Having said that, I'm now on a new path of theory: the Quills are disciples of Dr. Entrati/Wally. I say this because Wally seems to be the only being described that can view people's eternalism pathways. The Quills have knowledge of this and know the exact role to play. This could be due to instructions for Dr. Wally Entrati, aka "the other". Also, because he can enter the consciousness of people he makes deals with (or contacts), Wally can freely traverse to each representative of a particular pathway and either observe or manipulate outcomes, such as with our Tenno. Perhaps Dr. Entrati inadvertently managed to address Wally's previous weakness, a need for a host in order to interact. Being a scientist and in order to understand for himself what Wally's intentions are and to, perhaps, prevent or support it, maybe we will find out that they met again and made the first agreement. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

No, it's not. Parallel universe and eternalism are completely different things. 

Having said that, I'm now on a new path of theory: the Quills are disciples of Dr. Entrati/Wally. I say this because Wally seems to be the only being described that can view people's eternalism pathways. The Quills have knowledge of this and know the exact role to play. This could be due to instructions for Dr. Wally Entrati, aka "the other". Also, because he can enter the consciousness of people he makes deals with (or contacts), Wally can freely traverse to each representative of a particular pathway and either observe or manipulate outcomes, such as with our Tenno. Perhaps Dr. Entrati inadvertently managed to address Wally's previous weakness, a need for a host in order to interact. Being a scientist and in order to understand for himself what Wally's intentions are and to, perhaps, prevent or support it, maybe we will find out that they met again and made the first agreement. 

They are not different at all. You got bamboozled by DE calling it "eternalism". It is THE laziest way to tie everything together.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

They are not different at all. You got bamboozled by DE calling it "eternalism". It is THE laziest way to tie everything together.

But they are, since eternalism is a real life time theory which has practically nothing to do with parallel universes since it is more or less rooted in observation as everything that can happen will happen, has happened and happens all at once, you simply view one of the outcomes. In reality it makes the idea of multiple universes really messy, same as time travel thropes due to everything happening all at once.

So if you introduce an alternate reality it isnt positive that you will access it at the right point in time if you can access it since that alternate reality would simply show a different outcome at some point in time and from there on you would just experience how that plays out for you as the observer. And the same applies if time travel is thrown in, you cant really pinpoint a time to travel to, since again everything happens all at once, so all you'd do is shift the point of observation. Then trying to get back to "your time" would be just as chaotic and random.

We dont even know if eternalism is actually true in WF or simply just a theory embraced by the orokin, because we just dont have any proof of it being true or not. Everything that is remotely tied to time or anything alternate is a result of the void and Wally, like the Drifter being a seperation of the protagonist placed inside the void. A place that doesnt flow linear with the time of reality, so things like the Undercroft seem as if it can change things in reality. But it is likely because they have yet to happen in reality, which kinda would also debunk the idea of eternalism being real. Because if it was real, us changing something or not wouldnt matter, since everything would still happen and we'd simply be given a piece of it to observe as our reality, which really is the same reality as every other observed outcome.

So in the end, eternalism likely isnt real and everything we experience and everything that changes is simply results of the Void and the attributes it has in WF lore.

On 2023-08-30 at 1:14 AM, balckillofdeath said:

i really hope i am wrong. 100 percent.  when i made this post i understood to be all androids/ios not just ios. which as much as i dont like apple. their hardware tends to be better quality than other systems.   ios phones likely have better hardware than i was originally expecting.

I want de to make money, i dont want DE to not make money. making warframe more accessible in my mind is almost always a good thing. as long as this accessiblity doesnt come with super strong design restraints on it. that's the worry. by moving it to ios the put themselves in a position where they are stuck with strong design restraints! which may hurt the player base more than help.  porting is definitely easier than a new game.

the game is amazing!

i say this as a player that would like waframe to live a long life and be the amazing game that it is!(while making de tons of money for developing a game that people love!)

I hear ya and understand the concern. To be honest, I see a lot of the rhetoric coming from an old view of phones. The new gen phones have more power than many 3 year old laptops and game quality is significantly better than before. 

I think the bigger point to make is that DE is the company that loves to lead the way in innovation and integration. It's exactly why we have the ability to play this game on so many platforms. I don't think DE is interested in dialing the game back so I would expect full functionality from the iOS version, just as it was with the Switch.

Personally, I would LOVE to play Warframe while traveling! After a long or dark day of production, getting to sit back and run some missions sounds hella cool!!!

On 2023-09-06 at 2:44 AM, MaxTunnerX said:

Roflmao, warframe mobile game will be literally the best mobile game on the market. You will be able to do farm stuff while you commute (unlike the current companion app where you cant do anything unless you already have resources) and also it will still be like the only mobile game without microtransaction spam. The iphone exclusivity is bad, but Im sure its just the first platform theyre developing it for and that it will come to android shortly after its finished on ios.

Agreed.

I think the Android issue is because of the larger amount of companies who have different versions and custom builds of  it, not to mention all of the permissions and geographical restrictions. I don't think there's a one stop that could make through..yet 

• Like 1

So...

Look. Warframe Mobile is not a separate game, it's Warframe that you can play on your Mobile. The same way you can play it on the Switch.

The reason Warframe Mobile is coming out is two-fold.

First; Cross Save means that you can play your regular Warframe account on Mobile and make meaningful progress when you're not at home. And you don't have to shell out for a Switch because it'll play on the existing phone you have.

Second: Digital Extremes is mostly owned by a Chinese game investment company and do you know what the biggest gaming market in China is? Incidentally this is important with China being one of the most populous countries in the world, by the way, with a total gamer population that's nearly 3x higher than the US (6.8million to 2.4 million). The biggest gaming market in China is on Mobile. Because the vast majority of the Chinese youth do not have space for a PC or Console, but all of them have phones.

Just leave it alone. It won't affect you, if you're happy to only play on Console or PC. 

• Like 2