Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

19 minutes ago, Stormxdragon said:

You people need to stop whinging about these packs - they centered about non mandatory totally optional cosmetics. So what if they are time limited or too expensive for you, they will have zero impact on your gaming so your all just complaining for the sake of complaining

Maybe it's because the packs are artificially inflated with redundant currencies that no one asked for?

cosmetics shouldn't cost a fortune. specially when they're bloated with fake value like these are.

Edited by TheOfficialLP
  • Like 12

9 minutes ago, CanOfCraig said:

#MakeMerulinaGuardianAnExilusModPlzKThx

Well since the mod is kinda useless, because you really can just recast the ability, I agree. It's not going to happen though.
There is at least a dozen other augments that should be Exilus, but will never bad. Very sad.

4 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Almost to 69 pages bois

Almost, but we cannot just post filler, we gotta stay on topic. Let's argue. I will start and be DE apologist.

Ehm, Ehm...

I love DE and the heirloom packs. They are the best thing since Founder's pack.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, CanOfCraig said:

I've taken the time to think this through over a few days, and even bought the pack myself. And now I'll break down my final thoughts on this pack here...

I paid 100$ for 2 deluxe skins, 2 accessories, a pallet, some plat, and a currency that holds virtually no value for me as I've played the game for a while (I don't think Regal Aya is a terrible thing itself. but the only thing I can get with it are horribly dated syndana's and noggles - so effectively it means nothing to me)

My opinions are this... 

1. This price too damn high.

So you admit there is a problem, but bought it anyway so they have no reason to fix said problem because they already have your money.  Congrats. Had there only been a month left, I could understand this, but it has been barely two weeks and almost 4 more months to go.

Edited by wodanclay
Adding text
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, wodanclay said:

So you admit there is a problem, but bought it anyway so they have no reason to fix said problem because they already have your money.  Congrats.

Well I'd say that's a brave and based approach.

Imagine we were arguing over a Lemon tart. Unless you actually buy it and taste it, your opinion is not as valuable as an opinion of someone who bought it and ate it...

• Like 1

I'm genuinely so saddened by this. Rebecca PROMISED back then, when they announced that they belong to Tencent now, that this wouldn't happen. In other words: we were all lied to. Maybe at first not intentionally, but in the long run. I genuinely want to believe that this isn't the way she wants to see Warframe become what we all feared. One can witness the love she has for Warframe when you can hear her talk about it. And I'm sure the same goes for the other devs as well. Which makes it all the more sad, that I and quite the amount of other people feel lied to.

I'm pretty sure I have spent quite the amount of money on Warframe (just not recently bc I was in a mental health clinic). And I did it happily, bc I wanted to support my favorite devs and my favorite game. Especially as someone who has some mental health problems and had a lot of bad experiences with gambling and going into debt bc the fomo thing is perfect at manipulating people like me, Warframe was always my escape. My safe space, basically. I always knew what I was in for and I trusted DE in not manipulating people like me. You have no idea how sad I am. With each passing day just turning on any kind of gaming system becomes more and more of a risk. I know people will scoff at someone like me who would genuinely cry about something like this. But while I'm writing this, I have tears in my eyes. I just loved Warframe so much. I was planning on playing and supporting it for the rest of my life. But instead it's now also turning into a manipulative fomo cash grab. The one thing that keeps on ruining my life (yes, I'm already in therapy, but still. There are people like me, especially those who don't have a good health care system and such, who can't afford to go to therapy).

Sorry for the bad English. It's not my native language.

I'm sad. I'm just so so sad and tired. 

Edited by (PSN)Humblemud
Typo
  • Like 16

51 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Imagine we were arguing over a Lemon tart. Unless you actually buy it and taste it, your opinion is not as valuable as an opinion of someone who bought it and ate it...

Not a great analogy. A lemon tart requires material, time, and effort for every individual one that's made. And it's value is largely it's taste and texture. It's not exceptionally difficult to make a pastry look appetizing. So only someone that's tasted it could truly judge if it's worth the cost. And even then an individual cheff's skill level, equipment, location, and quality of ingredients will affect the cost and availability in ways that might not be apparent to the consumer. And a tart doesn't come packaged with a diamond you're required to buy on top of it.

These skins on the other hand. Their value is 100% visual only. One need only look at them, and have a point of comparison (Deluxe skins), to judge their worth. Additionally they are infinitely replicateable at 0 cost, time, or effort on the developers part. There is in fact absolutely no justifiable reason for them to be limited. And we have a direct and easy point of comparison on what their pricing and availability should look like. On top of that, the price has been inflated with a bunch of superfluous nonsense we don't want or need.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Not a great analogy. A lemon tart requires material, time, and effort for every individual one that's made. And it's value is largely it's taste and texture. It's not exceptionally difficult to make a pastry look appetizing. So only someone that's tasted it could truly judge if it's worth the cost. And even then an individual cheff's skill level, equipment, location, and quality of ingredients will affect the cost and availability in ways that might not be apparent to the consumer. And a tart doesn't come packaged with a diamond you're required to buy on top of it.

These skins on the other hand. Their value is 100% visual only. One need only look at them, and have a point of comparison (Deluxe skins), to judge their worth. Additionally they are infinitely replicate able at 0 cost, time, or effort on the developers part. There is in fact absolutely no justifiable reason for them to be limited. And we have a direct and easy point of comparison on what their pricing and availability should look like. On top of that the price has been inflated with a bunch of superfluous nonsense we don't want or need.

Yeah, true, but if a baker is hungry he can at least eat the leftover Lemon tarts. 
Developers can't eat leftover skins :(((((((((( Even if they replicate them a thousand time at 0 cost, time and effort :((((((

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

Well I'd say that's a brave and based approach.

Not necessarily. If you are putting peanuts (predatory tactics) in a lemon tart meant for someone with an allergy (vulnerable to predatory tactics), the person with the allergy doesn't necessarily know they've fallen victim to eating peanuts UNLESS someone elses knowledge of the allergy and ingredients raises that as an issue first (being able to have valid opinions on something you haven't yet partaken in). I know not to give peanuts to someone with a peanut allergy without the need to eat the peanuts first. 

Edited by NecroPed
  • Like 3

Just now, Cerikus said:

Yeah, true, but if a baker is hungry he can at least eat the leftover Lemon tarts. 
Developers can't eat leftover skins :(((((((((( Even if they replicate them a thousand time at 0 cost, time and effort :((((((

But what they can do, is sell more of them over time by not slapping an arbitrary time limit on them.

They still could've sold them like this initially and said "Here's what they're gonna cost now. And they won't be available again for a year but then we'll bring them back in a more reasonable fashion. And the whales can still flex their wallets over the course of that year where 80% of them are probably gonna drop out of the game before that time's past anyways."

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Not necessarily. If you are putting peanuts (predatory tactics) in a lemon tart meant for someone with an allergy (vulnerable to predatory tactics), the person with the allergy doesn't necessarily know they've fallen victim to eating peanuts UNLESS someone elses knowledge of the allergy and ingredients raises that as an issue first (being able to have valid opinions on on something you haven't yet partaken in). I know not to give peanuts to someone with a peanut allergy without the need to eat the peanuts first. 

This story has made me sad. :(

1 minute ago, PollexMessier said:

But what they can do, is sell more of them over time by not slapping an arbitrary time limit on them.

They still could've sold them like this initially and said "Here's what they're gonna cost now. And they won't be available again for a year but then we'll bring them back in a more reasonable fashion. And the whales can still flex their wallets over the course of that year where 80% of them are probably gonna drop out of the game before that time's past anyways."

Bro, you are making too much sense, it's hard for me to stay in character.

• Like 1

On 2023-08-30 at 2:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

Holy super double micchickens batman we've hit 69 pages of complaints with 1,700 replies about this horrible pack with its greedy tactics

(yes you missed the mark by 400 miles if you were a marksman you'd be the worst in the world) Im ganna say this again so it gets through clear when everyone gets back or reads this (NO ONE ASKED FOR MORE PLATINUM) what we did ask for was a 4th pack with only the cosmetics and skins without being artificially inflated by the addition of platinum and aya

• Like 12

As a fun exercise since I haven't seen anyone actually do this. Let's go ahead and calculate the true cost of the bloat just to see what the actual value of just the skins is. Maybe someone has done this but I'll be damned to actually dig through the forums to find it. Not really making a point with this I just think it would be nice to have some exact numbers to look at. Only concerning the 70$ pack. Cus lets be honest the only people even thinking about the 90$ one are the whales that just wanna flex their wallets, or the really mentally unhealthy people that are the biggest victims here and are a result of the fomo tactics used more than the price. Which is to say regardless of how the price stacks up, the timed exclusivity FOMO BS isn't, and never will be, acceptable.

Starting with the regal aya. I think it's perfectly fair to compare it directly to the closest available RA pack, the 7 one. Dividing the price of that pack by 7 we get roughly $5.71 Per regal aya, and I'll be accounting for the platinum that comes with the RA here too which amounts to 57 platinum per RA.
So the 6 RA, and 372 of the platinum, totals $34.26. Already effectively half the cost of the 70$ Heirloom pack is the just the regal aya... and the platinum inherently attached to it. So even if the remaining platinum is considered free the bloat is still nearly doubling the price.

Leaving us with 428 platinum to account for. The TLDR of it is at most this is $24.05. Leaving the actual value of the skins themselves at a measly $5.35 for one skin and their respective signa. Fairly equivalent to the cost of a tennogen skin, or a deluxe pack if you bought platinum wisely with a 75% off coupon. About what I'd consider to be the actual true value of these skins. But this means the Heirloom pack is nearly 85% bloat. Or an up-sell of approximately 6.5x the cost of what you're actually buying it for.

And at minimum 5$ for 428 platinum. Around what I'd consider the true value of platinum to be. Which Puts the value DE's placed on the skins at about $15.38 per skin + their respective signa. More along the lines of what I'd expect DE to value the skins at. But is still 56% bloat.

A lot of rounding going on here so nothings perfectly exact but it's at most a difference of a few cents here and there.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 13

14 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

And that's just this thread :)

Yes not to mention all the content creators that have reviewed the pack is horrible and its the most predatory thing they've ever seen in warframe 

On 2023-08-30 at 8:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback

And didn't you guys say that this type of predatory transactions would never happen again after the regal aya debacle (and you blamed us for what happened)

Well it happened again guess this shows your fans that we can never trust you again becouse most likely every special pack after this one will be predatory and ridiculously inflated by platinum and aya to squeeze your loyal fans of all there money

(also WE DIDN'T ASK FOR MORE PLATINUM we asked for a 4th pack without inflated prices do to the addition of platinum and aya we only want the cosmetics and skins)

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Yes not to mention all the content creators that have reviewed the pack is horrible and its the most predatory thing they've ever seen in warframe 

First off...

*looks at thread page number*

Nice.

But yeah, if the general consensus is negativity instead of praise or indifference, then something's definitely not right about this. I'm hoping, but not expecting, that they will come forward with a more widely accepted solution.

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

And what do you hope to accomplish here by trying to ask this?

Hoping you two open your eyes and realize that she is likely not the one responsible.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

She most likely had miss information given to the people in charge because NO ONE ASKED FOR MORE PLAT we asked for a 4th pack with just the cosmetics without the inflated 90 dollar price do to the added plat and aya 

Not likely. What does sound more plausible however is that she gave the information as is, and her superiors made the decision to add more plat instead of releasing a cheaper, non-inflated bundle.

I mean, honestly I think a lot of the outrage is pretty overblown. 

The packs at this point in time are actually a great deal for the price point - offering similar value to a prime access pack for $40 less. 

There is an argument that it could've launched with a cheaper pack minus the regal Aya and platinum, and I think that's definitely something DE should've done at launch. However, we are past the launch at this point and to later add a cheaper pack would probably not sit well with the people who've already paid, as there is no option for a refund. 

I think the people that bought at $90 probably felt it was worth it at the time, but if a pack had been offered for say $50 instead many probably would've opted for that instead. I think DE at this point is choosing to appease the people who have already paid vs the people who haven't / aren't likely to pay. 

At the end of the day, I also think that FOMO is more the fault of the person than the business, DE didn't give you FOMO, you already had it. FOMO is literally a "fear of missing out" - this is an internal issue that you need to work on yourself. Marketing is designed by nature to try and get you to buy things you don't need. It's up to you to have the willpower not to buy everything you see and only buy things you feel are worth it. It's okay to not have everything, this is an unattainable goal. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Not likely. What does sound more plausible however is that she gave the information as is, and her superiors made the decision to add more plat instead of releasing a cheaper, non-inflated bundle.

Hopefully with around 69 almost 70 pages of complaints from customers the superior who sead letw not listened to our fans is extremely scolded by his superiors for being one of the worst marketing people in the world and we actually get a 4th pack with only cosmetics and skins thats only 25 to 30 dollars because that would sell way more than 90 DOLLARS  basically a hole new game with dlc price for 2 SKINS

• Like 3