Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Tahocess321 said:

pssst hey.

That somewhere could be a platinum purchase of a random 9 years ago, maybe even with up to a 75% discount, that has been circulating through the market, which I assure you the suits dont give a crap about compared to the revenue they surely expect from the heirloom packs.

Thought you'd like to know that.

Plat usually doesn't last that long, with the sole exceptions or riven traders and old whales. The game is also pretty good at burning through the overall pool of currency, and lets not forget that some people who REALLY have too much plat usually burn through it to do wacky S#&$, like buying hundreds of roombas. Still remember good old days when Shy's inbox was full of gifted Mags.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

Plat usually doesn't last that long, with the sole exceptions or riven traders and old whales. The game is also pretty good at burning through the overall pool of currency, and lets not forget that some people who REALLY have too much plat usually burn through it to do wacky S#&$, like buying hundreds of roombas. Still remember good old days when Shy's inbox was full of gifted Mags.

Oh yeah Trib and Sab also got like dozens of Wukongs and Revenants specifically.

How do you manage to be this tone deaf? FOMO and sky high pricing. Did Regal Aya, dual bundling and the Founder's pack teach you nothing other than try for a grab and then back-paddle?  Each time you do this you erode player trust and we can see what you are doing. Grab the cash, throw a handful virtual coins over the mess that'll trickle back to you and put on a contrite face in the hopes all is forgiven.  My wallet has been closed since the Aya debacle because I was waiting to see if you (DE) had responded honestly on the feedback from it. Nope, turned it up to 11 with the Hierloom by doing the EXACT SAME THING WITH ADDED FOMO. I hope you netted enough whales, because I like the other minnows won't be shelling out far too much for far too little.

• Like 10

Repeating to anyone who is reading this and aren't happy with the state of the inflated price of the Heirloom bundle ranging from 70 to 90 dollars do to the addition of platinum and regal aya  

I eardge you to stop buying stuff from the warframe shop and platinum until the developers decide to actually listen to what we want (NO WE DIDN'T WANT MORE PLATINUM) we want a 4th pack with only the cosmetics and skins that isn't artificialy inflated by the addition of platinum and regal aya 

The developers seem to only care about one thing money and ways to squeeze the money out of us so speak with your wallet and say listen to us 

Edited by (XBOX)toughdragon17
Typo
  • Like 3

Just wow. 73 pages of mostly negative and hostile feedback to the Heirloom Collection changes that sends a very clear signal that DE done messed up with their time gating, restricted bundle offerings and predatory pricing on this collection. It'll be interesting to see how Reb and company react to this thread when they get back into the office tomorrow and what kind of damage control they'll ultimately implement.

Will they recognize that their previous changes on the collection were shortsighted and tone-deaf, issue an apology and an actual promise to never engage in this kind of behavior again, and offer the players more reasonable purchase options?

Or will they continue to be inflexible, issue some canned reply, and continue catering to the whales, and wind up shooting themselves in the foot with a loaded Kuva Ogris again?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Will they recognize that their previous changes on the collection were shortsighted and tone-deaf, issue an apology and an actual promise to never engage in this kind of behavior again, and offer the players more reasonable purchase options?

Or will they continue to be inflexible, issue some canned reply, and continue catering to the whales, and wind up shooting themselves in the foot with a loaded Kuva Ogris again?

Well whatever they do i know thousands of people will most likely never trust them again because of there blatant lies that they would never try something like this again  and yet hear we are 

• Like 6

il y a 25 minutes, MirageKnight a dit :

Just wow. 73 pages of mostly negative and hostile feedback to the Heirloom Collection changes that sends a very clear signal that DE done messed up with their time gating, restricted bundle offerings and predatory pricing on this collection. It'll be interesting to see how Reb and company react to this thread when they get back into the office tomorrow and what kind of damage control they'll ultimately implement.

I have already my own deadline. If by the end of the week I can’t buy those skins in game with plats, I’ll quit the game. I’ll start with its uninstallation, the first one in 9 years of playtime.

Edited by (PSN)HeartCoreGamer
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, (PSN)HeartCoreGamer said:

I have already my own deadline. If by the end of the week I can’t buy those skins in game with plats, I’ll quit the game. I’ll start with its uninstallation, the first one in 9 years of playtime.

Bold of you to assume they'll convert this to platinum xD

29 minutes ago, Kaziroh said:

Well they should. It'd cleanly address a lot of concerns. There'd be no need for DE to mess with the pricing or content of the existing packs or add a bunch of new ones, and the packs could even be left to run their course as a one-off special offer. They could even continue to do cash packs in the future. Buy the skin with the plat you've already bought, or if you're interested in getting some more plat and Regal Aya here's a discounted bundle that has it all. It'd also let players individually buy the skins they actually want, and players who aren't interested in the plat or Regal Aya in the packs wouldn't have to pay for a bunch of filler they don't want. They could just buy plat or use the plat they've already bought. It'd also drop a good amount of the toxic elitism surrounding these packs since they'd be in line with all other Deluxe skins which don't have that problem. They could even apply that "plat or discounted cash pack" model to supporter packs in the future and bring back all that lost content from prior supporter packs. I'd buy the Deimos supporter skins in a heartbeat if they weren't FOMO'd into oblivion.

After that what's left to resolve? Just the "10 year supporter" accolade, and that one is simple enough to understand and resolve.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Hopefully next time they'll be purchasable via Regal Aya. 

A regular 25 to 30 dollar pack without the inflated price do to the addition of platinum and regal aya would be better and next time I hope they don't make any packs if there going to be like this one 

Also we don't want a next time we want a 4th pack this year without the scumbag tactics DRcent had been pulling

On 2023-08-30 at 8:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

Did we ask for that NO WE DID NOT we asked for a 4th pack with only the cosmetics and skins that isn't artificialy inflated  to 90 dollars (the price of a new game with dlc) by adding platinum and regal aya 

But you guys are to greedy to listen to your fans and opted to not listened and instead add more platinum (WHICH NO ONE ASKED FOR)

• Like 14

il y a une heure, Kaziroh a dit :

Did you read this thread or are you just here to troll? It’s literally their unique good option because people don’t need/want plats or (worth) regal aya, they want to be able to buy each skin individually. What does that mean? They can’t sell skins only for real money because either way it will be a new precedent. 

Their best move is to sell in game with plats 2 bundles : Frost skin with his crown (forget the name) and separately Mag skin with her crown (nvm). This way they are ensure to sell without discount vouchers (as discount are not allowed for bundles).

So yes, I assume it’s their best move possible.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I don't think that will happen this time though. Maybe if they bring the skins back another time.

I think it will if the fans show there utmost disappointment twords the developers and stop buying platinum and anything from the marketplace if everyone that hates the Heirloom pack (which there are a lot) dose this and DEcent starts feeling money loss from it i think they'll finally listen to what we actually wanted (AND NL ITS NOT MORE PLATINUM) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I think it will if the fans show there utmost disappointment twords the developers and stop buying platinum and anything from the marketplace if everyone that hates the Heirloom pack (which there are a lot) dose this and DEcent starts feeling money loss from it i think they'll finally listen to what we actually wanted (AND NL ITS NOT MORE PLATINUM) 

Well from what they were saying it sounds like they want to keep the price of the packs the same so that's why they added some more platinum to it. 

I would say their best option is next time put the skins in with the other prime resurgence gear for Regal Aya so that way people can buy them separately since they obviously didn't want to have these in particular bought with platinum. 

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Well from what they were saying it sounds like they want to keep the price of the packs the same so that's why they added some more platinum to it. 

I would say their best option is next time put the skins in with the other prime resurgence gear for Regal Aya so that way people can buy them separately since they obviously didn't want to have these in particular bought with platinum. 

They only want to keep the same price because they want to squeeze the money out of everyone they can its 90 dollars its horrendous and greedy 

I dont like that option and neither dos anyone else next time is not an option and for regal aya there other debacle id say absolutely not 

We want a 4th pack that isn't inflated by the addition of platinum and regal aya and just contains the skins and cosmetics for maby 25 to 30 dollars  (not regal aya)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I was going to buy some plat, or at least some sort of pack with plat in it to fuel my grinds, but I opted to not buy anything until this is resolved. If it's not resolved at all, then I'll just take an extended break. 

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 7