Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

40 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

I sure hope you won't stop crying if community decides to blacklist every "10 years supporter" they meet.

Honestly it makes me laugh how much of a blind and remarkably tone deaf idea the profile badge was.  Absolutely just asking for a community schism and hateful reaction towards players who bought it. Founders packs were player charity for DE, but DE doesn't need charity now, so the sole rational defense to avoid that vitriol isn't present with these.

I personally don't think vote with your wallet actually works, but it's hard to blame people who do and thus get frustrated with others who buy in. Especially if DE won't listen and continues trying to go down this path. Are they left with any other choice but to ostracize buyers and really, truly show DE that what they're doing with this stuff isn't a good idea?

In deliberately branding player profiles with this "whale" icon, they're engineering a situation (knowingly or unknowingly) where big spenders may recieve criticism and hate ingame. Maybe the intent is to fan some flames and smoke out the players who'd levy that hate. Catch them with bans or make them just want to quit because of the new direction. Curate and prune their playerbase towards being more MTX friendly. Couldn't possibly be that, right? The fact I can even poke at a conspiratorial premise like that without it seeming that farfetched shows what a thoughtless idea this was.

How did this all get pushed through into going live? It doesn't seem like much sanity checking went into the potential issues with it. Maybe you should appoint someone to stand between whoever is coming up with this stuff and it going live, or otherwise at least discuss pricing with your player community prior to trying new ideas like this one.

Edited by Nobody-No-One
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Darkbring said:

So you're say it's better to spend $50 for a skin instead of 15h of gameplay. Got it. 

I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth.

I pointed out that your argument is fallacy, because you are comparing uncomparable. The worth of the heirloom packs is strictly subjective. Is 90 dollars a good purchase if I want to support a game that gave me almost 6000 hours of great gameplay or isn't?

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Starfeald is hundreds of hours of gameplay with 1000 explorable planets and as you sead dlc coming soon and will have player created mods that are featured for money paying half to the moder and half to BG and the non featured ones are free

Armored core 6 has boss fights, piloting mecks and tons of guns and is way more fun than buying a pack for the same amount as the game with only 2 skins and some cosmetics inflated by platinum and aya 

Spiderman 2 is going to be 30 hours of way more fun than a pack for the same price with 2 skins and some cosmetics inflated by platinum and aya 

We don't even know if Starfield is going to be good. Mods are NOT the game, so don't give credit to Bethesda. They only made creation club, because they can get more money. Did you already forgot about Fallout 76?

Warframe has more bossfights than Armored core 6, Warframe has piloting mechs and tons of guns. Fun is subjective.

How do you know Spiderman 2 will be way more fun? Have you played it?

If everything is more fun than Warframe, why are you wasting your time on the warframe forum. Go play other games.

Just an FYI for anyone in here who still has the capacity to see sense.

- If you need to buy 2100 platinum from Warframe on PSN it's €99.99.

- The Zenith (most expensive) gives you that platinum with the recent changes (script running soon) as well as 2 skins, Emote, Glyph, Colours, Signas and Aya for €80.99

- So for the Platinum alone, disregarding everything else for no real reason, we're basically getting a €19 discount that you can choose to pick up at any point over the next 4 months.

If anyone was wondering why support for these tantrums is starting to die off after only one day, it's because Math exists. Math and Sense of course.

Anyway, I'll let you's get back to attacking one another and really showcasing that "We all lift together" spirit. Carry on.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Oh I'm happy for the reveal it was awesome but after this stunt I'm afraid it will go down hill with more greedy steps and transactions

It's exactly what's going to happen in the future. The downhill trend didn't even start with the 10-year anniversary. Regal Aya was a big enough red flag for everyone.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth.

I pointed out that your argument is fallacy, because you are comparing uncomparable. The worth of the heirloom packs is strictly subjective. Is 90 dollars a good purchase if I want to support a game that gave me almost 6000 hours of great gameplay or isn't?

We don't even know if Starfield is going to be good. Mods are NOT the game, so don't give credit to Bethesda. They only made creation club, because they can get more money. Did you already forgot about Fallout 76?

Warframe has more bossfights than Armored core 6, Warframe has piloting mechs and tons of guns. Fun is subjective.

If everything is more fun than Warframe, why are you wasting your time on the warframe forum. Go play other games.

If they were uncomparable they wouldn't have a similar price.

Edited by Darkbring
  • Like 2

Just now, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

If you need to buy 2100 platinum from Warframe on PSN it's €99.99.

SEE THATS THE ISSUE, MAYBE PEOPLE DONT WANT PLAT AND JUST WANT THE SKIN.

You know, like how people DIDN'T want to buy EVERYTHING again when they wanted Prime Unvaulted Accesories.

God, this is 34th page, and you still can't understand that forced bundles is also ONE of the biggest issues.

• Like 17

The problem to me isn't exactly the value being too low, it's that its heavily inflated pricing via filler such as regal aya and platinum, FOMO playing a part as well. While increasing plat is a solution, i would argue not the best.

I get some cosmetics are expensive due to details, it being a supporter pack and such, but the price is far too high, while too late to fix now, i would like you guys to possibly consider in the future to make 2 separate pack versions if you decide to do these types of things more:
One with the aya and plat at the high price.
And another cheaper but lacking the currencies.

The solution and response is a good start though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

It's exactly what's going to happen in the future. The downhill trend didn't even start with the 10-year anniversary. Regal Aya was a big enough red flag for everyone.

I like how people either don't know or don't remember all the other dramas that happaned in the past.

2 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

If they were uncomparable they wouldn't have a similar price.

What????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by Cerikus

2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Mods are always the bethesda games way letting the game survive for years and years and no I haven't forgotten about 76 I remember 

Ok warframe has more bosses so what and 2 piloting mechs and guns never sead it wasn't fun im just comparing core 6 to a greedy pack that shouldn't be worth the same price 

Nope haven't played it but its going to be more fun than 2 skins and some cosmetics inflated by platinum and aya 

I do play other games and review them im wasting my time to try and get good developers to see that there becoming corrupted by doing stunts like this 

25 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

Sounds like someone who haven't learned the value of money yet speaking. I'm just pointing out a very likely consequence for your actions. Who do you think the community will blame if DE continues with this bull and ruins the game? You and your fellow buyers.

Pretty much this

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Mods are always the bethesda games way letting the game survive for years and years and no I haven't forgotten about 76 I remember 

Ok warframe has more bosses so what and 2 piloting mechs and guns never sead it wasn't fun im just comparing core 6 to a greedy pack that shouldn't be worth the same price 

Nope haven't played it but its going to be more fun than 2 skins and some cosmetics inflated by platinum and aya 

I do play other games and review them im wasting my time to try and get good developers to see that there becoming corrupted by doing stunts like this 

Bethesda is an example of some cr@ppy devs who got so full of themselves and forgot who actually makes their games alive. When FO76 banned the modders upon release everything went to hell. Together with that they pulled the scummiest marketing stunts, treated their players like sh!t and FO76 turned out to be a major flop. F**king sweet justice. Took a few years for them to fix the game to a playable state. Not really related to the [DE]ncent stunt here tho.

Edited by Marvelous_A

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Letting players keep a game on lifesupport, because you are too lazy to add new relevant content, but are more than happy to re-release Skyrim for the 100th time with a full price tag 11 years after the release is definitelly not something you should bring up as a good comparison.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

You brough it up. As far as I can tell Armored core 6 cost 60$ more than Warframe and the optional support heirloom pack currently has more value than buying the 2100p by itself. Are you saying that platinum is too expensive?

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

If you think people are buying the pack because it's fun gameplay you are misguided.

2 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

If you can't compare 2 different goods with the same price tag, you shouldn't be allowed to make any financial decisions. You need a handler or a parent to take care of that.

The value of said price tags could be different though. I could value one product more than one of the same price than someone else. All depends if you think it's worth it.

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Bethesda is an example of some cr@ppy devs who got so full of themselves and forgot who actually makes their games alive. When FO76 banned the modders upon release everything went to hell. Together with that they pulled the scummiest marketing stunts, treated their players like sh!t and FO76 turned out to be a major flop. F**king sweet justice. Took a few years for them to fix the game to a playable state. Not really related to the [DE]ncent stunt here tho.

Somewhat related if DEcent keep going down the greedy and corrupted path there going down some good devs like them could end up in the same boat as bethesda when they launched 76 

They have soulframe coming out and if there greed continues it may end up like (starting 76) if not careful 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

The value of said price tags could be different though. I could value one product more than one of the same price than someone else. All depends if you think it's worth it.

The word used was "uncomparable", not "I value this more than that". Still such inability on your part to properly evaluate things is concerning. 2 skins and a bunch of garbage are in no way worth $50-90, no matter how you put it.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

SEE THATS THE ISSUE, MAYBE PEOPLE DONT WANT PLAT AND JUST WANT THE SKIN.

You know, like how people DIDN'T want to buy EVERYTHING again when they wanted Prime Unvaulted Accesories.

God, this is 34th page, and you still can't understand that forced bundles is also ONE of the biggest issues.

Lol sure thing

14 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

All I see here is someone who's been beaten down so hard by unethical practices in the game's industry that they accept being - nay, expect to be - taken advantage of. The kind of consumer that corporations salivate over, and gaming companies have been molding for decades: the consumer that advocates against their own interests.

Ummm, let's see: an actually free-to-play game with only 2 a bit pricey cosmetics in 10 years, is such a terrible and sooo predatory practice, that other, way scummier tricks in the industry are equal to it? Seriously?

Show me a free-to-play game with more fair monetization than Warframe. Don't let me wait too long.