Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

9 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

FOMOs no. Actually they have been sneaking in some supporters pack with FOMO skins for quite a while, in each big update to be specific. But they all had better values than this 10-year anniversary cr@p.

So, if they all had that "value" then you don't mind to loose this one.

1 minute ago, Vortex said:

So, if they all had that "value" then you don't mind to loose this one.

Do they though? No. Do they ever take the FOMO out of the formula instead though? Also no. Do you highlight that specific sentence that helps justify the FOMO pack? Yes.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Darkbring said:

Lmao dumbest argument I've ever heard. Let me sell you some fresh air for $100

This is absolutely vapid. Honest way to add to the discussion. Dumbest response I’ve ever seen 

7 hours ago, Sahansral said:

Well, besides damaging trust in DE, the value and role of platinum, the heirloom packs DO undermine the cosmetic market in two ways:
1) there have been a whole new cosmetic slot added that curently can only be used by buyers of these packs
2) these packs may be the beginning of new, 'progressive' pricing models for the cosmetics skins to come

I find that this is or threatens to be quite disruptive for the cosmetic part of the game.

Interesting perspective. Point’s taken. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XBOX)UltraXavier said:

I really want those skin to be permantly, not limited, you guys work so much and to make such awesome skin deserve to be in the spotlight. removing them feels bad, but having there forever is better. Good job y'all for the 10 years.

The skin ARE permanent for those that purchase them. They are available for purchase for FOUR months. If you want them, you have 4 months to save the money to purchase them. I personally think it is a good thing that there is something that I can use to show that I support. I think there should be more stuff that you have to grind hard for that is never given out again. Its a badge of honor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkbring said:

Yes, the problem has been fixed. Thats why people keep coming and posting here, why content creators criticized it on youtube moments after the original post was made, etc etc. Clearly everything is fine now... No, it was fine before the change. Now it's GREAT.

Cool?

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

And after that haha #*!% you poors! You should have jUsT sAvEd uP.

Some "badge of honor".

Ikr? "Ten Year Supporter" as an accolade and bundling Regal Aya into the only two bundles that include skins, just reeks of disrespect towards players who've already been supporting them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ArchAngel7774 said:

The skin ARE permanent for those that purchase them. They are available for purchase for FOUR months. If you want them, you have 4 months to save the money to purchase them. I personally think it is a good thing that there is something that I can use to show that I support. I think there should be more stuff that you have to grind hard for that is never given out again. Its a badge of honor.

Yes, yes, so honorable lmao
Purchase your "sense of pride and accomplishment"

• Like 5

20 hours ago, (XBOX)MASK SMGX said:

We asked for cheaper bundles 

The real issue is that for those few Tenno that have purchased every single Prime access, they now have regal aya that is worthless.

This should never become a reality.

I understand that they wanted regal aya instead of just giving the primes in the bundle because they had to since those frames are the current Vaulted pack, but for the handful of fans that have literally purchased everything before this heirloom pack, the regal aya is useless.

To further make good on this injustice to the players that previously bought prime accesses before regal aya became an option, there needs to be compelling things in which the regal aya can be used. Perhaps an option to sell the regal aya and turn it into platinum might quell the real frustrations.

At this point, making a lower tier pack would be a slap in the face of all the early supporters, so they as devs are stuck in a hard spot for this first iteration of Heirloom.

I do agree though, if for Founders packs they said they would never have FOMO sales, I would love to see the clip of them committing to such a thing, but for varying consoles they have always had time gated cosmetics, so I highly doubt that claim someone previously made.

I agree, FOMO practices are not cool for consumers, and should have no place in “The Perfect Game”. However I’m strongly inclined to give them a pass for this one since it is in fact exclusively cosmetic unlike the initial Founders gear. “FOMO” for art is what makes art precious, so I have to even slightly disagree with the “popular opinion” of dissatisfaction. 

It would have been best had DE declined to say if heirlooms would come back similar to Prime Vault. It would have given them space to put all heirlooms up again for the 20th anniversary as well as adding new ones, but now it becomes a bit of a hard pill to swallow since they seemingly committed to the exclusivity being a “once in a lifetime” event.

I would strongly prefer they make a system for heirloom cosmetics to eventually come back similar to prime accessories. Leaving a few years of exclusivity before they come back. But we shall see.

Serious question though, if they sold the promise of exclusivity, and then caved taking away the exclusivity. Would that be a W or an L. 

I say selling and leaving the exclusivity as ambiguous would be best, but who knows how desperately they needed funding to push out the deadlines they are aspiring to hit. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

If we get more massive updates similar to what founders sales allowed them to generate, then it’s all g, even better than founders sales, because this time around there is no game stats nor EXP tethered to sales.

Caveat to the TLDR: Usually FOMO art has resale value which is why price is irrelevant, games making you pay for art and saying you can’t transfer the art away… I don’t know how I feel about that, seems annoying complex selling art that can’t be transferred. I understand the need to avoid secondary markets though, so deciding how to monetize “digital art”… 😵‍💫

TLDR: Selling FOMO art is fine. Selling FOMO stats/EXP is a sin. 

To everyone who is saying the collection is overpriced. You are correct. It is expensive af. But I think a majority of the community is forgetting that these skins are meant to be a celebration of 10 years. They are even selling an acolade, similar to the one from the founder packs which, by the way, at the highest tier was 250 US. I don’t see people arguing about it’s high price or time exclusivity. Why aren’t you all screaming at DE to bring back Excalibur Prime because of “FOMO”? 

Secondly, DE cannot just lower the price or separate the skins into individual packs. Players already bought the skin bundles and everyone can’t simply be refunded some money back into their accounts. It would be extremely be unfair for those who have already spent the money, only to learn that they could have spent less. DE was more than generous to even increase the platinum reward. 

And again, this pack is meant for those who want to support DE through paying for expensive cosmetics that YOU don’t have to. It doesn’t make you any less of a supporter if you didn’t buy it. Did DE make a mistake with the pricing of this pack? 100%. But it cannot be resolved as easily as you all think. That’s why this posts also includes “LESSONS” in the title. They made a mistake and they will rectify it the next time a collection is released. For now, let’s be thankful DE tried to make a compromise for our requests.

• Like 1

Still way too expensive.
It's spitting in the face of the playerbase to add more microtransactions with IRL money on the 10th anniversary as a "gift" for 10 years?! That's just over the line. The 10th anniversary was supposed to be a celebration.

If your only interested in the halos (Signa) and don't care about anything else, your still forced to buy everything. Sell a halo (Signa) for 2.5 Euro and i would buy it, but still be grumpy after the stunt you just pulled.

I predict that this will be the start of more IRL microtransaction skins, boosters and resources. Let the age of money milking Tennos begin, and I'll leave in a heartbeat.

Edited by RasserG
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kalvin8465 said:

Bought the Zenith Pack just now on steam but I didn't receive the right amount of plat. Any solutions?

Don’t worry man. They need to issue hotfixes and change the plat amount that is sent to your account. When they rectify the situation, you will receive your full plat. 😉

5 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

To everyone who is saying the collection is overpriced. You are correct. It is expensive af. But I think a majority of the community is forgetting that these skins are meant to be a celebration of 10 years. They are even selling an acolade, similar to the one from the founder packs which, by the way, at the highest tier was 250 US. I don’t see people arguing about it’s high price or time exclusivity. Why aren’t you all screaming at DE to bring back Excalibur Prime because of “FOMO”? 

Secondly, DE cannot just lower the price or separate the skins into individual packs. Players already bought the skin bundles and everyone can’t simply be refunded some money back into their accounts. It would be extremely be unfair for those who have already spent the money, only to learn that they could have spent less. DE was more than generous to even increase the platinum reward. 

And again, this pack is meant for those who want to support DE through paying for expensive cosmetics that YOU don’t have to. It doesn’t make you any less of a supporter if you didn’t buy it. Did DE make a mistake with the pricing of this pack? 100%. But it cannot be resolved as easily as you all think. That’s why this posts also includes “LESSONS” in the title. They made a mistake and they will rectify it the next time a collection is released. For now, let’s be thankful DE tried to make a compromise for our requests.

yeah celebrating by spitting on their own legacy, spitting on one of the reasons why they've even come so far

great celebration bro!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, CrypticMonarch said:

Why aren’t you all screaming at DE to bring back Excalibur Prime because of “FOMO”? 

1) Because there are a few Founders who would definitely sue DE over breaking their exclusivity deal.
2) Because back then DE was a step away from going bankrupt, and Warframe wasn't even a proper game yet. Founders invested into this highly risky project and now Warframe is a thing.
3) Community does ask to bring back Founder exclusives. Even most Founders who still play the game ask for it. I really have no idea how you don't know that.

Edited by Darkbring
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, NachitoX23 said:

Zenith owner, ty DE, now it makes more sense with the added platinum.

Go thank those who complained, not DE, they planned for the backlash.

1 minute ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

I'll take it. Thank you DE.

Thank the players who complained, not DE.

• Like 2

Just now, Skoomaseller said:

yeah celebrating by spitting on their own legacy, spitting on one of the reasons why they've even come so far

great celebration bro!

Be honest with me, what would have happened if they didn’t even release this pack? No one would ever scream at them for not releasing a 10 year skin line. You don’t have to buy this skin bundle. You can easily get skins like these from Tennogen for a lot cheaper. But similar to Excalibur Prime and the Founders pack, it is priced high and exclusive because it is meant as supporter money for their future updates. It is not suppose to be some regular skin bundle that you spend a little money on. It is a 10 year founder pack. 

• Like 2