Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

The Collection should have made the Regal Aya optional, there is not a wide variety of items to purchase as there is with Plat.  Purchasers should have been afforded the option to CHOOSE if they wanted the extra Plat, not have the decision made for them. I'd rather have you keep the Regal Aya as there is not much to buy with it. 

"If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch".  This is a good point, however the issue should be fixed NOW by providing us with better options, other than just giving us a few more plat which we can purchase ourselves. We willingly support DE, however this is not truly giving us what we want. We are forced to settle for whatever DE decides to give us.

Edited by NEMESIS_NEXUS
  • Like 8

I bought the zenith pack and don't give a damn if you make it a perma pack, the price is exclusive enough... time sensitive cosmetics need to be free not the cost of a triple A game... people are having trouble paying bills with infation where it is and youre trying to justify a 100$ pack thats only available for 3 months... make it available for P only in the shop, but just let people buy the stuff they want outta it.

• Like 18

Please just at least separate the bundle into two, I love Frost so much he's my favorite Warframe and I really want to buy that skin but I personally really don't care or own Mag, and don't have that much disposable income to buy both. Separate these bundles and I'm sure a lot more people will be able to afford buying just the pack of their favorite instead of skipping both because of the price :( 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, oceano4 said:

And what about us vets who want the skins but regal Aya is literally useless if we own all previous prime stuff already?
We're spending money on nothing then.

Not to mention sometimes steam has a pending thing for approval/review on their system that can take 3-5 business days. So for all you know. The bundle you are wanting could already be in the works and you're tearing into them before it even drops.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

i did not find the price a problom i like soprting a game that i love to play

• Like 1

The situation sucks. There isn’t much that can be done at this point that wouldn’t be a backstab to the people who already bought it (aside from like, giving out full refunds and doing a complete rework). So because of that, I feel like this is an acceptable solution, just so long as future heirloom packs (which I do hope we get for more frames, cause these look beautiful) don’t do this same thing.

Get ready for the ass kissers who think DE are saints for making a change that they didn't learn anything from feedback, and tried to do this yet again (remember Regal Aya scam when it was introduced?).

This post reeks of the feedback being completely ignored. You had over 8 pages to see what people were discussing on the forums, and you took one bit of it that was part of a discussion that was a comparison, and ran with it and went, "Look! We changed it! Give us a pat on the back!" while missing the whole point, and ignored the post's title even.

The main complaints about Heirloom:

1: Too expensive because of the forced Regal Aya. Also plays part with feedback number 2 below.

2: No selections or options to opt out of buying stuff you don't want or need. Like being forced to buy both skins as 1 simple example.

3: Timed exclusive for no reason except FOMO, whale hunting purchases.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

Hate to tell ya. You still did, and doesn't seem like you did. Adding more plat to the purchase while keeping everything else the same was NOT what people were wanting.

• Like 36

This was a pair of glorified Deluxe reskins, and that doesn’t warrant the inflated price. Sure, more Plat is included now, but I can buy Plat at anytime without worrying about FOMO, which makes the change seem questionable at best. I’m just going to ignore the pack and continue saving my money for things that are sold in a less predatory way.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 18

31 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

I don't think you guys followed through with the player feedback in regards to the Heirloom packs.

You only addressed the item's worth with the price against the inclusion of Regal Aya and increased the platinum yet you failed to take in consideration that we asked for cheaper alternatives (in order for players to have a much flexible option to only get the skins without platinum or Aya inclusion) that didn't justify giving in to buy an item with the equivalent of a triple-A game. Additionally, you're applying a FOMO mechanic when you stated in numerous interviews that you don't want to add mechanics that would dissatisfy your players (and, by end, your customers).

While I am disappointed in the approach, as this studio has managed to be the pinnacle of balancing player feedback with the microtransaction store with fairness (compared to other, more predatory developers), I am still hopeful you can understand the community's disposition against this.

Edited by Revenant
  • Like 22

I would buy it if it didn't come with Aya and Plat at a cheaper price. The Aya inflates the price and most players that are wanting the skins are would already have the Frames to go with them, therefore, a bundle without Aya or Plat would be more better for the players seeking the skins

• Like 9

Hey guys!

I really wish you would consider offering a just skin +halo bundle for $20-30. I don't really want aya, or emotes, or even the frames themselves. Few people I know, who are long term veterans, do (obv others experience may vary, just reporting mine). That or have these bundles re-run like the prime access does with Varzia. I adore this game, and the skins are gorgeous! This just has a really bad taste, I guess.

• Like 15

The pack looks fantastic, the design is out of this world. As someone who literally plays Frost only  (>90% usage) I am very happy to see such special skin for my Frosty boy :D
Amazing TennoCon too! ❤ Was fun to watch a live event.

The man in the wall is actually Tencent breaking in and ruining everything you have worked for so hard for 10 years.

This FOMO practice is something I'd expect from the chinese but not from you DE.

Fix your problems before you lose the players who keep your game running. Make the bundles a separate thing, reduce the price removing the plat and regal aya no one wants. Make the skins available for platinum.

Simple as that.

• Like 17

I really love the 10 years anniversary too bad DE has managed to yet again ruin things and really make me question why have I bought 10's of thousands of plat over the years to support you and help new players with slots etc

It has been 10 damn years...and all i get is a -100 euro and a slap in the face....

Also...where is our free skin??? ( I don't even want one but at least pretend u care.... ) 

The fact that u have not even bothered to make one for everyone to enjoy speaks volumes.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

If this is a one-time only thing, so be it. I'll certainly buy it and enjoy two of the best skins in the whole game, and for two of my favorite-ish frames. It is a good pack by itself, but the precedent it sets is very ugly. But please do not do this kind of thing again. Ever.

This part exactly (except for buying it, I'm still undecided). As a one-time, 10-year commemorative deal, I can accept it, especially with the profile accolade as a supporter. My negative initial reaction, besides pure shock, was fear that this was a change in direction and philosophy. Still wary, but more hopeful.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)MASK SMGX said:

We asked for cheaper bundles 

I understand this but the only problem I think it would have is those who already bought the bundle. Not sure how refunds would work there. Maybe? But I think this is the main reason the price was kept as was.

6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

This is not an acceptable response. I'm cancelling my artbook order. I cannot support this kind of monetization and will vote with my wallet accordingly.

There are three core problems with these packs that you are not addressing:

The "10 year supporter" accolade being an exclusive part of the bundles is offensive.
I guess it doesn't matter to you that I bought $80 of Regal Aya and a $25 Tennocon ticket in 2021, and spent $140 for a Prime Access and $25 for another Tennocon ticket in 2022, and that I bought $80 more Regal Aya and yet another $25 Tennocon ticket earlier this year, and that bought a $180 artbook the second it was announced at Tennocon, nor does it matter to you that I've bought various Tennogen items and small amounts of plat here and there since 2013. Selling this accolade says loud and clear that you don't think anyone is a real "10 year supporter" unless they cough up another $30-$90 to show it. Frankly it's disgusting, and you're supposed to be better than this.

There is no reason for the Heirloom skins to be either cash-only exclusives or time limited exclusives.
There is nothing "heirloom" about the Heirloom skins besides the marketing surrounding them, they're just Deluxe skins same as any other. To illustrate this point, please identify the two skins that are different from the others:

SarynDeluxe.pngBeserkerDeluxe.pngGrendelNianSkin.pngFrostDeluxe.pngFrostHeirloomSkin.pngRhinoDeathwatchSkin.pngMagDeluxeSkin.pngMagHeirloomSkin.pngProteaCaladriusCollection.pngSentientVisionsDeluxeSkinCollection.pngExcaliburZatoSkin.png

They're just Deluxe skins. And all Deluxe skins have (up until now) shared these two very important properties:

1. They are always available on the ingame market for plat.
    Not one Deluxe skin has ever been a cash exclusive.
  2. They are never time limited exclusives.
    The very first two official Deluxe skins added in 2015 were time limited offerings, but after only a few months with the addition of Rhino Palatine you learned your lesson and made all Deluxe skins permanent market offerings, even the Proto Excalibur and Nyx Nemesis skins that predated them. They have all been this way since.

These packs encourage the same toxic elitism and harassment felt from and because of the Founders program still to this day.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/164ms5l/dont_be_a_$&*^_to_people_who_bought_the_heirlooms/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/16394ip/it_has_come_to_my_attention_that_some_of_yall/

You can also find some posters here on the forums, though I won't name names, who have been engaging in negative behaviour speaking down to those that take issue with these packs.

There is not one single reason for the Heirloom skins to be cash-only FOMO exclusives, and they embody only the worst qualities of modern F2P monetization. To turn your back on eight years of fair monetization and "F2P done right" just to make a quick buck is wrong. It should be beneath you to resort to these sorts of tactics.

And, like, it's just bad press. Some of the top subreddit posts and news articles overshadowing an otherwise excellent Tennocon:

There was never a reason to have launched these collections the way they are. To leave them as is and not resolve these issues tells the community where your real priorities are.

Literally this, this needs more upvotes so DE can understand what the issue is

• Like 25