Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

14 minutes ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Here's my thing, I already buy Prime Access every 3 months. It comes with so much plat that I never spend it, The very last thing I wanted, at all, was plat and/or regal aya in that pack.

$90 is too much, no matter what you put in it. And this is coming from someone who bought it...

Lower the price, remove the premium currencies, and you'll make far more than you would trying to price gouge the community you've won over for years by not doing this kind of stuff. Nowadays, it seems like platinum and massively expensive packs in each update are the norm. I get needing to make money, but you were always in the top 10 grossing on Steam.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

True words from this person. I don't want warframe to become like bungie, greedy through the bones. I think they can make a better solution to satisfy everyone, like making that you can buy the skins and the pallets color separated and that crown or whatever that was separated as well + leave the 90$ or whatever the price was alone but make the skins separated and the crown and the other one as well and everyone will be happy.   

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

• Like 17

i know it's kind of off topic, but is there a short vid that will explain secifically and only the changes that will come to "melee"..
I will probably still watch the whole Tennocon happening!
But i heard or read about "auto melee"

When there is a player base that is happy with things as they are... is there a chance, that this change (how ever it may look like!) gets a TOGGLE SWITCH
so we can decide on "keep things as they are" and "new experience" - that would be great!!! :P
(I wish we got this for "archwing-auto-ground-facing" <-> "real jetplain like flight" ... ) 

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

This is not an acceptable response. I'm cancelling my artbook order. I cannot support this kind of monetization and will vote with my wallet accordingly.

There are three core problems with these packs that you are not addressing:

The "10 year supporter" accolade being an exclusive part of the bundles is offensive.
I guess it doesn't matter to you that I bought $80 of Regal Aya and a $25 Tennocon ticket in 2021, and spent $140 for a Prime Access and $25 for another Tennocon ticket in 2022, and that I bought $80 more Regal Aya and yet another $25 Tennocon ticket earlier this year, and that bought a $180 artbook the second it was announced at Tennocon, nor does it matter to you that I've bought various Tennogen items and small amounts of plat here and there since 2013. Selling this accolade says loud and clear that you don't think anyone is a real "10 year supporter" unless they cough up another $30-$90 to show it. Frankly it's disgusting, and you're supposed to be better than this.

There is no reason for the Heirloom skins to be either cash-only exclusives or time limited exclusives.
There is nothing "heirloom" about the Heirloom skins besides the marketing surrounding them, they're just Deluxe skins same as any other. To illustrate this point, please identify the two skins that are different from the others:

SarynDeluxe.pngBeserkerDeluxe.pngGrendelNianSkin.pngFrostDeluxe.pngFrostHeirloomSkin.pngRhinoDeathwatchSkin.pngMagDeluxeSkin.pngMagHeirloomSkin.pngProteaCaladriusCollection.pngSentientVisionsDeluxeSkinCollection.pngExcaliburZatoSkin.png

They're just Deluxe skins. And all Deluxe skins have (up until now) shared these two very important properties:

1. They are always available on the ingame market for plat.
    Not one Deluxe skin has ever been a cash exclusive.
  2. They are never time limited exclusives.
    The very first two official Deluxe skins added in 2015 were time limited offerings, but after only a few months with the addition of Rhino Palatine you learned your lesson and made all Deluxe skins permanent market offerings, even the Proto Excalibur and Nyx Nemesis skins that predated them. They have all been this way since.

These packs encourage the same toxic elitism and harassment felt from and because of the Founders program still to this day.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/164ms5l/dont_be_a_&#036;&amp;*^_to_people_who_bought_the_heirlooms/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/16394ip/it_has_come_to_my_attention_that_some_of_yall/

You can also find some posters here on the forums, though I won't name names, who have been engaging in negative behaviour speaking down to those that take issue with these packs.

There is not one single reason for the Heirloom skins to be cash-only FOMO exclusives, and they embody only the worst qualities of modern F2P monetization. To turn your back on eight years of fair monetization and "F2P done right" just to make a quick buck is wrong. It should be beneath you to resort to these sorts of tactics.

And, like, it's just bad press. Some of the top subreddit posts and news articles overshadowing an otherwise excellent Tennocon:

There was never a reason to have launched these collections the way they are. To leave them as is and not resolve these issues tells the community where your real priorities are.

So what about the people who are just as dedicated teno as the other who can afford these Heirloom packages. We should be able to get them as well

• Like 1

Quite a few of you aren't looking at the fact that people have already bought the pack as is, magically reducing the price is incredibly unfair to the people who have bought the pack previously under the assumption that this is the only way to get them and would be an actual predatory practice. 

• Like 4

hace 3 minutos, BETAOPTICS dijo:

I understand this but the only problem I think it would have is those who already bought the bundle. Not sure how refunds would work there. Maybe? But I think this is the main reason the price was kept as was.

No, the truth would simply be easier to create a different package apart from the ones that are already there.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 8

il y a 7 minutes, THeMooN85 a dit :

Are you serious here? I'm now more valuate then founders... I'm still here, spending my money... after 10 years!

Dude you gotta stop comparing the heirloom to the founders, as many people told you before, founders paid at a time when the future of the game was not certain, you paid when the game is well-known and already have a solid community.
-Founders paid when the risks for the game to shutdown was at its all time high

-Heirloom bundle supporter risks are almost none

Edited by FireOox314
  • Like 17

16 minutes ago, KroganQuad said:

Yea, I'm good on all that nonsense. Just let us either rbuy the skins in a separate bundle without all the extra junk or individually for Plat I've probably spent over a grand on this game by now but even I'm not willing to pay the price of a AAA game for two skins and a bunch of stuff I don't need. 

This, keep the timegate (I like exclusives, sue me) but let us get them individually, either by plat or a reasonable cash price.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

1. They are always available on the ingame market for plat.
    Not one Deluxe skin has ever been a cash exclusive.

i will point out as a side note for this

"exclusive time limited packs " obsidian and jade have prior had skins + plat that are time limited and require IRL cash :  ivara, valkyr  rhino excalibur ect 

but these are fairly cheap and not a problem 

Spoiler

Image - Exclusive Jade Excalibur Skin.jpeg | WARFRAME Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Warframe: EXCLUSIVE OBSIDIAN AZURA COLLECTION

also of note for deluxe skins the Grendel one was FOMO 

Spoiler

Grendel Nian Skin | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

This bundle was only available for purchase from February 15th until March 7th, 2022.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

imo, if you respected good consumer business practices and wanted to avoid exploitative ones, you'd make packs that didn't contain the Regal Aya but contained the skins. Because already-loyal supporters don't need Regal Aya, because they're already caught up with every single prime (accessory) they want, because they've already been spending money to support DE.

22 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives

It makes it hard to feel like lessons were learned when you're still leaving Regal Aya shoehorned into these bundles to inflate their costs, and in the first place made nearly the exact same mistake as was made with Regal Aya in the first place, not even including enough platinum alongside them to make them feel worthwhile compared to your existing prime packs sales model.

• Like 13

While I do agree they were overpriced, my main problem with the packs is that the skins aren't buyable with platinum. Because let's be honest, most people here only care about the skins so for those who don't want to pay a lot of money for 2 skins this is a &#036;&amp;*^ move. Yes they're anniversary skin or whatever, but even if you wanted them to be special, just sell them at idk 265p instead of 165p and I'm sure no one would have a problem with that.

Anyway, adding platinum to the packs is a step in the right direction but it's not enough imo

• Like 6

Just now, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

i will point out as a side note for this

"exclusive time limited packs " obsidian and jade have prior had skins + plat that are time limited and require IRL cash :  ivara, valkyr  rhino excalibur ect 

but these are fairly cheap and not a problem 

Reveal hidden contents

Image - Exclusive Jade Excalibur Skin.jpeg | WARFRAME Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Warframe: EXCLUSIVE OBSIDIAN AZURA COLLECTION

also of note for deluxe skins the Grendel one was FOMO 

Reveal hidden contents

Grendel Nian Skin | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

This bundle was only available for purchase from February 15th until March 7th, 2022.

Which also aren't Deluxe skins, though the exclusivity sucks just as much there. FOMO sucks no matter where it is.

• Like 7

Just now, (XBOX)Lady Tatsu said:

Quite a few of you aren't looking at the fact that people have already bought the pack as is, magically reducing the price is incredibly unfair to the people who have bought the pack previously under the assumption that this is the only way to get them and would be an actual predatory practice. 

Then maybe they shouldn't have started with another Predatory Practice in the first #*!%ing place.

They are using people who bought it as a SHIELD.

• Like 25

Thanks for tackling this Megan. More or less this is what I knew would most likely happen, so I'm mostly happy.

However, as someone that has bought the Zenith bundle, that is a Hunter founder, has played for the last ten years and that has purchased most Prime Accessories (save when money was not available) and purchases Platinum regularly, I have to ask... Is it possible to rework this timed exclusivity so it works like the older Prime Vault?

What I mean is, people want the skins. If the current bundles must stay as they are priced now, so be it. But can you guys please bring the skins back sometime next year in smaller bundles with options for skins alone with some plat for the same price as Prime Accessories, given they will be older? Because I think that could be good.

And keep doing these skins, they are great. Some attachments to go with them too. But never again like this. Please.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, (NSW)frog85g said:

The situation sucks. There isn’t much that can be done at this point that wouldn’t be a backstab to the people who already bought it (aside from like, giving out full refunds and doing a complete rework)

Yes.

This is what they should do.

If they let the bundles exist as manipulative inflated garbage because refunds would be a lot of work, it's a pathetic excuse.

It ain't our fault they decided on such a terrible bundle. They need to take the L on this and do the work.

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, twirlandswirl said:

This part exactly (except for buying it, I'm still undecided). As a one-time, 10-year commemorative deal, I can accept it, especially with the profile accolade as a supporter. My negative initial reaction, besides pure shock, was fear that this was a change in direction and philosophy. Still wary, but more hopeful.

Yeah, accept that and next year there'll be an 11 year anniversary pack because 11 years is a special number for one reason or another, and then a 12 year anniversary, 13... This simply CANT fly.

• Like 5

This is such a ridiculously poor response.

You guys tried dipping your toes in ridiculously overpriced, FOMO focused bundles to fleece your player base like every other scummy publisher out there, on your 10th anniversary of all times. You all had the balls to then try to tell the players with a straight face that your way to "celebrate this special moment" in warframe history is to slap them in the face with this joke.

You got burnt as you should.

Now you come out with this mediocre "fix" by giving players more of what they didn't ask for. People wanted the skins to be platinum purchasable, for the bundles to be (much) cheaper, for the skins to be permanent. "Adding more value" to the heavily overpriced bundle is only sidelining the real problem here, all that tells us is that you don't actually care enough and will simply try the same tactic again in the future until you manage to turn this into the norm.

• Like 30