Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, BloedeDhoinne said:

ok, good start. Now take out the regal aya and the timegating and you might be onto something. FOMO tactics are incredibly predatory.

I mean. It's just a skin. And only a skin. Ig you're that concerned about missing out on a skin then... I dunno man.

Plus, The Regal Aya is for the people that do not own the frames. Because they are both in prime resurgence currently.

I gotta be honest, I didn’t think these were overpriced. As someone who has been playing apex for years, an heirloom(one single melee item) has always been $150 to minimum to acquire. When you look at the amount of detail put into these types of cosmetics, they’re far more than a skin. And if you’d like to continue to see great heirloom skins that the creative team are given full freedom to take the time to design the best iterations of them, it needs to be very profitable. 

That said, this is a great change that shows DE listens to the community, so even though I wasn’t upset with the previous price, it’s always good to see a developer meet the community halfway, even if people would’ve likely complained at any price. 

Now, some real issues, why do I have to pay for warframe slots and weapon slots? The monetization in this game is acceptable in many ways, and my friends and I have spent a few hundred dollars already on the game, and we love to support it. But don’t nickel on dime us on the dumb stuff please, feels insulting. Like a spit in the face to those who WANT to support you but are being MADE to spend money for a gacha mechanic. Weapon slots, warframe slots, only being able to craft one forma at a time, exilus adapters, etc. those are all the things that feel the most scammy. Like, I’ll spend my money, just don’t extort me for pennies. 

• Like 10

After the Regal Aya launch you had to make adjustments, yet you guys didn't have the pulse of the players? No, the way things like this is as by players is simple. Companies roll out something new and try to cash in with the hopes that there is no backlash. Then when you change it, some people say "GG, see the devs listen". Just know your audience. Not every player is a whale.

• Like 38

1 minute ago, BloedeDhoinne said:

FOMO tactics are incredibly predatory.

1 minute ago, Shinomone said:

I mean. It's still FOMO. You can do something unforgettable which does not include scumy FOMO practices.

I cannot justify fully agreeing with this outlook, because they are not selling power. It's just a supporter cosmetics pack. Just look at how Path of Exile does this. It's pretty much similar and nobody is complaining within PoE community.

• Like 8

Hello, yes, it is I, person who wants to give DE my money

I CAN'T AFFORD TO KEEP A ROOF ABOVE MY HEAD AND BUY YOUR CHEAPEST PACKS

Please for the love of GOD give me a an option that actually contains the things I want without forcing me to buy 100 other things at the same time.

Guess I'm going to have to continue being a f2p leech on this otherwise fantastic game.

• Like 63

While this is a step in the right direction, I believe the next step is similar to what was done a few years back when returning prime accessory packs were first made available.

We need a pack that isn't inflated in price by the Platinum/Regal Aya.

Ideally, we'd have a pack for each skin individually too.

Edited by Tahoma
  • Like 45

While that's great and all that you're listening, however we still want cheaper bundles, that and/or the skins to stay available permanently and be able to be bought for plat instead of the FOMO scheme you guys are pulling and purposefully inflating the stuff just because bundles have regal aya.

There's still a ways to go for players to forgive you.

Edited by (XBOX)Vaktalor
  • Like 39

Yea, I'm good on all that nonsense. Just let us either rbuy the skins in a separate bundle without all the extra junk or individually for Plat I've probably spent over a grand on this game by now but even I'm not willing to pay the price of a AAA game for two skins and a bunch of stuff I don't need. 

Edited by KroganQuad
  • Like 43