Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

This still doesn't address the concerns of being pushed into a hefty sum of Regal Aya, the disrespect the Accolade imposed on supporters for the last decade, or the nature of FOMO. Saying it's unfair to change that aspect when it's already unfair to have shipped them in this condition to begin with is just an excuse to leave it this way.

Can we also expect these packs to go on sale before they go away like you have with previous Supporter Packs?

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 25

1 minute ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

on release of lunar activities it was NOT and stated to be time exclusive, later after users complained it was changed to be an individual skin

So you mean DE actually listened to feedback and made it a permanent skin? 🤔

Though I'll add that to my list, guess DE has tried doing more FOMO deluxe skins since 2015. Still didn't last long and that was a big win.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 9

il y a 41 minutes, [DE]Megan a dit :

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

Sorry Megan, that doesn’t solve any problem. Those skins might be sold without any in game currency (plat or regal aya) for platinum! Frost skin alone and Mag skin alone. Most players are sleeping on a good amount of platinums and DON’T NEED MORE. They need something to waste their platinums. 

Edited by (PSN)HeartCoreGamer
  • Like 14

Good on ya DE. This is a well thought out middle ground, doesn't screw over people who already bought it - in fact it surprises many of us who were already happy with what we got. Thanks for listening to us!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Signas are effectively prime accessories. 

This is one of the worst things about this pack, while prime access gives new sets of armor that already has normal f2p versions this pack introduces a WHOLE NEW TYPE this can ONLY be accessed with 70$ 

• Like 6

While this change does add more statistical value to the packs (strictly speaking when it comes to RA and Plat) this wasn't the major concern nor ask.

The primary issue I am seeing being discussed is the FOMO tied to it.  I don't/didn't think you guys would go back on this but perhaps you could find a way to explain why you're taking a limited time route with it.  People have been comparing it to founders/calling it founders 2.

The other issue is that many people (myself included) do not wish to have Regal Aya in the bundles.  There could be a whole separate discussion tied to that for sure, but the primary reason for this ask is because some people would like a cheaper option to have the skin(s) and new cosmetic.

If I understand the post here it seems like the primary concern was to not take away value from people who've already bought the packs.  If that is correct than similarly to how increasing the plat gotten does not shift the value then neither would offering a different bundle that has no Aya.  Or even just allowing direct purchases instead of bundles.

Hopefully the discussion about these cosmetics is still open for more changes.

Edited by (XBOX)Knight Raime
  • Like 9

Just now, TheRareGamer said:

I'd rather have skins that are timed exlusives rather than Prime warframes. 😴 You canceling your book just gave someone else the opportunity to get the book themselves :') RIP

If someone else wants to support this practice by all means please do. I find it disgusting and I'm not going to.

• Like 16

42 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

i love tencent, lets see if i also get banned mentioning them here

• Like 8

1 minute ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Making excuses 😴 

No? Why are you being dishonest and disingenious? It is mandated by law that you can not alter the deal once it has been sealed monetarily. For instance there was a legal lawsuit few years ago where Elon Musk had to pay up fees for trying to back away from a trade deal on buying Twitter as he had already signed the transaction. Trade law is clumsy, you can't just do whatever you wish however you wish. And again: My comments are not evaluations on how things ought to be but rather they are about how the laws actaully are. It's not my personal opinion on the packs. I would not have said I understand that wish people have made.

Now I would suggest you stop being disingenious and stop trolling. It's not productive.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The only think I think of when I see these skins is how terrible of a decision this whole idea was. Limited time skins banking on FOMO, No options to buy them in cheaper bundles that have only the skins and no plat/aya to bloat the price, No availability to purchase with the in game premium currency.

Edited by Harkster
  • Like 17

13 minutes ago, NEMESIS_NEXUS said:

The Collection should have made the Regal Aya optional, there is not a wide variety of items to purchase as there is with Plat.  

I'd take it the other way around. I can get any platinum I need in-game but I missed a couple prime cosmetics id like. More, I'd rather be able to buy everything except the platinum and regal aya. I'd pay 30-40 for that, easily, and since tennogen is cash only on PC to support the artists and they brought mynkie back in off another project just to do this, being unable to buy with plat makes perfect sense. I didnt once think that the 90$ price tag was bad for the bundle, which already included 40$ of plat and 40$ of aya, but... I don't think most people that really want to buy this need either of those things badly. Don't understand anyone crying about timegating or fomo, as neither of those things are happening here. This isn't excal prime or plague star... There's no content or xp locked behind it, it's just great designer skins and cosmetic bits id love to get bundled with digital currency that im not looking for.

• Like 2

I feel the same way about this as the nidus prime pack that included the unique necramech skin. All i want is a single cosmetic, if it were made available as a stand alone item you'd have my money DE, but unfortunately I dont find these packs full of items I will never use or already have very attractive. Mostly Im just disappointed there is no other means to obtain some of these cosmetics other than to drop a full 100$ on it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tekhartha said:

I'm giving Larian studios my $90, you know what let's make it $125 I'm getting the collectors edition of Baldur's Gate 3 even tho I already own the game and finished it twice. They deserve it way more than you do DE.

Twice? Need to get that number up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

on release of lunar activities it was NOT and stated to be time exclusive, later after users complained it was changed to be an individual skin

No, it was always permanent.

The Lunar Renewal items and Bundles are available via in-game Market for Platinum until March 7th @ 2 PM ET.  With the exception of the Grendel Nian Skin, which is remaining in the Market as a permanent addition! Grendel’s first official DE-created skin, Grendel takes the form of the beast from below and comes out to stuff his greedy belly. 

• Like 9

Just now, Waeleto said:

This is one of the worst things about this pack, while prime access gives new sets of armor that already has normal f2p versions this pack introduces a WHOLE NEW TYPE this can ONLY be accessed with 70$ 

Yeah like.

The new attach type is so good. I have yet to find a warframe that mag's crown doesn't look sick on.

It's bull that this is time-limited. There's no good excuse for this, they need to change the terms of these skins/attachments and do the actual work of offering refunds.

I'm furious that this is their answer.

• Like 15

The Extra platinum for the people who purchased them already is nice but this still doesn't fix the most obvious problem in the Collection. Just make a new version of it excluding the Regal Aya and Platinum. If you can't remove Platinum fine. Platinum has some use of being able to circulate in the economy too. But at least make a way to remove Regal Aya off the Bundle for future buyers so they can at least have an option as Prime Access is now in buying just the Accessories or all together.

• Like 7