Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what happens with panzer vulpa after rework?

MaxTunnerX

If really needed be, I think Vulpaphyla can be the only ones that can die since it's also their abilities. If there is a way to command pets, I think that's even better because you can have a "self-destruct" ability for these guys, so you can choose if you want them to be in their larval form. And as a plus, maybe make the explosion deal small-to-moderate amount of Viral/Puncture damage to enemies.

Dunno what to do for Sly though, perhaps make the explosion give a short cloak/invisibility time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stafelund said:

If really needed be, I think Vulpaphyla can be the only ones that can die since it's also their abilities. If there is a way to command pets, I think that's even better because you can have a "self-destruct" ability for these guys, so you can choose if you want them to be in their larval form. And as a plus, maybe make the explosion deal small-to-moderate amount of Viral/Puncture damage to enemies.

Dunno what to do for Sly though, perhaps make the explosion give a short cloak/invisibility time?

What the hell? This is the craziest comment in this entire topic. Going through all this trouble, only to make a pet that cannot die and that is scheduled to remain unkillable the only pet that can die is just insane.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

What will happen after pets achieve the ability to respawn instead of stay down?

Panzer remains the PEAK viral priming pet.

Panzer retains MOST of its versatility that made you choose this over Link Armor, Link Health, Link Shields, and the ability to imitate a fraction of immortality on your Smeeta Kavat and its charm ability.

The panzer remains the ONLY viable pet for viral.

• Like 1

DE had to address this issue in more depth. It's not just their survival but "wiping out" or reducing the number of sentries. They could give us the option of which sentry to sacrifice it and insert its powers into another type of pet. And vice versa. For example...kavats are the best pets because they give resource bonuses and critical chance...why not inherit powers for example from a helios or oxylus? Fortune pets are a good example of how useless they are....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I wonder what happens to panzer vulpa now that literally all companions will be immortal. Will it suddenly become the most useless pet, will it get an extra life or will it get something else to compensate?

well, I'd like to think their spores will remain unchanged or even get a small buff, it's their immortality that will get nerfed hard, or more likely removed. TBH I'm more concerned how all the other companions turn out; that's where the bigger changes need to be.

4 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

DE had to address this issue in more depth. It's not just their survival but "wiping out" or reducing the number of sentries. They could give us the option of which sentry to sacrifice it and insert its powers into another type of pet. And vice versa. For example...kavats are the best pets because they give resource bonuses and critical chance...why not inherit powers for example from a helios or oxylus? Fortune pets are a good example of how useless they are....

Heck no. Variety and limitations add to the fun and uniqueness of the gameplay. I run Moas and sentinels and love how I have to consider my goals and setups before taking them. Merging them would be the most boring thing in the world after the first tryout with that setup. The "would it be cool if everything is combined" stuff just sounds so self defeating to me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

No.

Less options is not a better thing and most sentinels and MOA's still have uses in the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

What the hell? This is the craziest comment in this entire topic. Going through all this trouble, only to make a pet that cannot die and that is scheduled to remain unkillable the only pet that can die is just insane.

Hey, plenty of stuff started from craziest ideas. Though I do get what you mean, vulps still dying does seem unusual and would look like a gimmick if other pets are immortal except them. That's why I thought of having the self-destruct be a compromise at first. Maybe it would be best for them to have that ability as a "charge-up", charges can be gained each time the vulps land an attack. Then the effect they have right now when they die happens, except they're still alive.

Adding on to the topic, since pets won't die, what would happen to the Spare Parts mod? The rest of the mods that have something to do with your companions dying seems easy, most of them would be phased out, but some can be just tweaked.

I don't see why anything has to happen to panzers specifically per se they can be left as they are ,

Having a mini Saryn isn't good enough for you ? Or are you saying it's too good ?

also don't forget the "immortality" is via a mods I foresee more mods of a similar nature for other companions or it being baked into the companion system as a default.

Looking at DEs past , i expect some more mods to act as bandaids .

15 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Why wouldn't it? 

15 hours ago, BroDutt said:

Here I bookmark this for you It's said COMPANION REWORK not PET REWORK !

Actions speak louder than words, and their long history of ignoring sentinels (or outright gimping them) shows what one should expect from this. If you choose to ignore that history, well, then there's simply no helping you.

Sure, I'd welcome DE changing their tune on sentinels for this, because then I'd be able to start using sentinels again. I'm not going to lie to myself when literally every rationally read sign points to that being a fairy tale though.

18 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Actions speak louder than words, and their long history of ignoring sentinels (or outright gimping them) shows what one should expect from this. If you choose to ignore that history, well, then there's simply no helping you.

Sure, I'd welcome DE changing their tune on sentinels for this, because then I'd be able to start using sentinels again. I'm not going to lie to myself when literally every rationally read sign points to that being a fairy tale though.

You can be skeptical without thinking something malicious, like thinking they're liars, call them out after it's released and they don't deliver it not before it.

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
mistake
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You can be skeptical without thinking something malicious, like thinking they're liars, call them out after it's released and they don't deliver it not before it.

I said nothing about them lying. Putting words in other's mouths is #*!%ing disgusting behaviour, and you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I said nothing about them lying. Putting words in other's mouths is #*!%ing disgusting behaviour, and you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I like how people are acting like this will extend to sentinels. Oh, you hopeless optimists...

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Actions speak louder than words, and their long history of ignoring sentinels (or outright gimping them) shows what one should expect from this. If you choose to ignore that history, well, then there's simply no helping you

I'm not going to lie to myself when literally every rationally read sign points to that being a fairy tale though

Then be more clear with your words, it really looks like you just don't believe them.

Being skeptical like "I'm not sure they're gonna update sentinels too, they have forgotten about them before" is fine but " You guys are hopeless if you think they're gonna do this to sentinels" paints a bad picture.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

it really looks like you just don't believe them

It has nothing to do with me not believing them, again with the putting words in my mouth. When they say "companions" they have, in all previous cases, meant "beasts". It's very clear that they favor the beasts, and hate sentinels.

3f63e467aa7945faacf5edae3a08ea45.jpge53f8bbd7467c5baa1865418469fc055.jpg

Compare the two health mods. Both are stated to be "companion" mods, yet only Enhanced Vitality is equipable on both sentinels and beasts. Link Health can only be equipped on beasts, and is MASSIVELY stronger (even if you don't equip health mods on your frame).

For further proof of the favoritism, look no further than the #1 reason people need their companion in the first place.

ca288a77ca06fe62dce2d0a236977d5e.jpg4ab3d53e75edc5e77d93cf2799326c85.jpg

Fetch has more range than Vacuum, despite both having the same function, purpose, and mechanical behavior (your frame is the vacuum source, not your companion). Additionally, Fetch still functions while your pet is downed (or "dead" for Vulpaphyla). Meanwhile, Vacuum is disabled instantly if your sentinel goes down, and you can't bring your sentinel back outside a specific ability augment that literally nobody uses because of how terrible it is.

For even further proof of the favoritism, let's take a quick look at the revivals.

9024971ec2683d42eebae4a84256ca3d.jpg0d6163d63207d68534eba301aefe2188.jpg

Vulpaphyla take 67% less time to revive compared to Djinn. Vulpaphyla can continue to meaningfully contribute to the fight while "dead", too. As if that wasn't bad enough, Reawaken costs 3x more to equip. Also, there's just the simple fact that Djinn is one of the weakest sentinels, so of course he's the one that got the revival mod. Like holy #*!%, this is easily the most disgusting example of the favoritism.

I could keep going on with this topic, but that'll be all I go forward with to you. I'm also washing my hands of you, because you clearly have motives, and I'm simply not interested in feeding into them past this point of shutting you down.

• Like 4

I'm actually hoping they rework the Panzer Devolution into being a permanent larva mode, where after it gets downed once it comes back as a larva and stays that way, while keeping the utility of things such as Martyr Symbiosis and having them apply while in larva mode

Simply put, the larva does a better job of staying with you rather than going off in random directions, and that clunky AI behavior is also why I'm wishing they'd put Command Mode from Kahl missions in most if not all other missions as well

If someone doesn't want that permanent larva mode, they can use that mod slot for something else instead, making it more of a choice rather than a mandatory addition

Edited by DeeDeeLyla

Fetch has more range than Vacuum, despite both having the same function, purpose, and mechanical behavior (your frame is the vacuum source, not your companion).

I think this is because originally Fetch and Vacuum pulled items to the companion, not to the frame.   As to why Vacuum range wasn't increased at that point and hasn't been yet, I don't know.   Maybe you're correct that it's because DE hates Sentinels with the fury of a thousand suns.  But I'll point out that  DE is  very, very bad at updating  old mods and other game items in general, and conceivably this is sufficient explanation on its own.

That same observation could apply to Reawaken versus the Devolutions. 

Link Health can only be equipped on beasts, and is MASSIVELY stronger (even if you don't equip health mods on your frame).

Link Health (and related mods) has a ton more upside.  But in reference to the part  I underlined, there are exceptions depending on frame and beast health.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, LastN_ said:

Make a global 2min dead time

So nothing changed, since 90% of players already extracted ~1 minute ago? :P Obviously, then there are Titania mains, who already extracted 1:30 ago, for them even Panzer doesn't really work. :P

(Joke obviously, but still, two minutes is awfully long time in Warframe, hopefully they will not make it take that long, otherwise it will really not change the situation that much)