Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Tenno has fallen, for the last time.

Prince_Ocean

A Tenno has fallen, for the final time.

Tonight my father, a new Tenno in every way, met an unfortunate end. It was a complete freak accident, that’s all I will say right now.

He loved this game, even if he didn’t really understand the mechanics, and even if he only played Rhino. He didn’t have much time for the game since he had to work, but he was always looking forward to when they’d eventually release the mobile version. 

This sucks, because while I know he’s in a better place, I can’t help but think of all the things he’ll miss.

He’ll miss the release of Whispers in The Walls.

He’ll miss the release of Warframe 1999.

He’ll miss the release of Warframe Mobile.

May you find rest, biddlet. You were the best dad, even if you were just an MR5 Rhino with a Karak. I’ll miss you.

• Like 29

Sorry to hear that. I've been through it 5 times now with people close to me, the grandparents on my fathers side, with my mother and my brother passing between grandpa and grandma, then I lost my father to cancer in Q4 of 2020. It will get easier over time, sooner or later depending on how you're built. Personally I never had much grief or felt real sorrow over the loss since we'll all end up that way one day.

However the thoughts you have regarding your father and what he'll miss are the same things that went through (and still pass through) my mind regarding my mother and brother, both whom were big on movies, tv-shows, music, books and games (atleast my brother was). And I still catch myself at times all these years later thinking "I gotta tip mom about this show!" or giving my brother a thought regarding what he's missing out on, like Deadpool, Mandalorian and other great movies and shows, but also what he is spared from, like the latest Star Wars trilogy, Brie Larson as Carol Danvers or the butchering of Diablo through the third installment and onward. Though the thing I think both would have enjoyed the most if still alive would be new material from Amon Amarth, Sabaton and Månegarm, and I'm sad neither of them got to experience Ghost, Ad Infinitum or Unleash the Archers.

Just over the last few days thoughts and memories of my mother and brother have circulated in my head because I sat down to start rewatching Babylon 5, something the 3 of us shared almost religiously back in the mid 90's. And it certainly didnt help that I had also made crumble apple pie from my mothers old recipe, with vanilla icecream ontop. Good memories in the end, and it felt like they were with me watching what we all loved. And they'll likely keep visiting me over the course of all 5 seasons, which I certainly wont mind.

• Like 2