Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Convert Rivens to Slivers.

quxier

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why? Is it to cut down on the number of rivens in your mod stash?

1 hour ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Why?

So I can change bad (in player's mind) rivens into something 'riven related'. I've recently getting rivens from Iron/Teshin but I don't feel like wasting time to trade useless rivens. I just go change rivens for endo but it's just like throwing stuffs into trashbin.

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

Slivers have no purpose other than to be converted into rivens, and the only reason I can think of to break them down is inventory-space reasons.

Yes, rivens have slot's limit and they cost money (60 p for 3 slots afair). So, yeah +1... unless you meant something else.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:
58 minutes ago, quxier said:

So I can change bad (in player's mind) rivens into something 'riven related'.

That's what transmutation is for.

Sure would be nice if the transmuters could be acquired outside of eidolons.

Yeah, but they require 4 rivens of same type.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Still, it's 4 rivens.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest?

Allowing rivens to be dissolved/traded for slivers basically bypasses transmutation, so I can't see any reason DE would do this. Even if they did, you'd be lucky to get 2 slivers per dissolved riven, maintaining a similar ratio.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:
6 hours ago, quxier said:

Still, it's 4 rivens.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest?

I'm trying to say that you don't always want to change 4 rivens. Sometimes it can be only 1 riven.

5 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Allowing rivens to be dissolved/traded for slivers basically bypasses transmutation, so I can't see any reason DE would do this. Even if they did, you'd be lucky to get 2 slivers per dissolved riven, maintaining a similar ratio.

I would be happy even with 1 Sliver (maybe 2 with maxed mod - a lot of endo/credit  put in, but that's just wishful thinking).

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:
10 hours ago, quxier said:

Maybe not 1 to 1 ratio.

Still, it's 4 rivens.

I see inconsistency in your thoughtprocess.

I'm not sure where it's inconsistency. Both are unrelated.

In first I meant that 1 riven don't have to translate to 10 Slivers. 10 Slivers = 1 riven aka 1 to 1 ratio.

In second I meant that you have to change 4 rivens at 1 time, which is not always possible or wanted.

I'm not sure where it's inconsistency. Both are unrelated.

In first I meant that 1 riven don't have to translate to 10 Slivers. 10 Slivers = 1 riven aka 1 to 1 ratio.

In second I meant that you have to change 4 rivens at 1 time, which is not always possible or wanted.

They are totally related. You want to replace trash rivens with possible better rivens trough exchange with slivers and back to rivens. It is already facilitated by Transmutation in 4 to 1 ratio. Just wait till you have 4 trash rivens then. Current max riven capacity is 150 with plat and additional 30 after MR30 to 180 and veiled rivens do not count into the limit. Having 3 or more unused rivens floating while you wait for others to trash with them is not a big deal. 

I had suggested something similar to this, a while back, to add Riven Transmuters outside of Capturing the Hydrolyst, because at this point, that is the single, non-plural location to get them. And since you can't trade them with others, it forces players to do Tridolons if they want that resource just so they don't have to spend platinum to buy more Riven slots. Adding them to random tiers as part of Nightwave would be a perfect spot for a random Riven Transmuter or two. The only reason someone would oppose adding them to be a random reward from odd stuff like Nightwave and what not is just to force players to do one type of content and nothing else, because if you can't trade them, you have to go get them personally.

Hell, make them tradeable and it would be fine too. I'd give a Tridolon hunter a few plat or whatever Prime parts they're looking for to get some freshly harvested Riven Transmuters.

Or let us recycle Rivens for 2 Riven shards, so for 5 Rivens recycled, we could get 10 shards to make a new one, which is still less efficient than using 4 Rivens + a Riven Transmuter to do the same thing.

But these are just some possible options.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-03 at 7:00 PM, quxier said:

10 Slivers can be converted to 1 random riven. So what about changing Rivens to Slivers back? Maybe not 1 to 1 ratio. Maybe fully upgraded (endo/credit) would give additional 1 Sliver

Seems a good idea, but I'd add the ability to break down unrevealed rivens. I have 20ish useless Zaw and Kitgun rivens, it's not even worth finding what the challenge is on them.

22 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Allowing rivens to be dissolved/traded for slivers basically bypasses transmutation, so I can't see any reason DE would do this

You can only transmute rivens once you've revealed the challenge (so 4 wasted riven slots) and you need a transmuter.

8 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Or let us recycle Rivens for 2 Riven shards, so for 5 Rivens recycled, we could get 10 shards to make a new one, which is still less efficient than using 4 Rivens + a Riven Transmuter to do the same thing

Yeah, like that.

I'd drop the need for transmuters entirely, then it's 4 revealed rivens to get a new one, or 5 rivens into a resource that doesn't need slots.

On 2023-10-04 at 11:42 PM, (XBOX)KayAitch said:
On 2023-10-03 at 8:00 PM, quxier said:

10 Slivers can be converted to 1 random riven. So what about changing Rivens to Slivers back? Maybe not 1 to 1 ratio. Maybe fully upgraded (endo/credit) would give additional 1 Sliver

Seems a good idea, but I'd add the ability to break down unrevealed rivens. I have 20ish useless Zaw and Kitgun rivens, it's not even worth finding what the challenge is on them.

My suggestion was about all rivens, urevealed as well. So +1

On 2023-10-04 at 7:14 AM, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Why? I've already got too many Rivens and Slivers?

Just increase the endo price for rivens so turning in rivens is better.

Rather have Kuva than endo for both rivens and slivers.. endo is such an easy resource to get in large qty where as kuvu is .. my precious