Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you spend money on?

Gameover4566

Coming back from mobile games and tbh I found warframe cosmetics are pretty cheap comparatively. Talking about the tennogen stuffs, not prime accessory/regal aya stuffs (they are overpriced unless you see the value in them).

In the past I would pay for plats. But now I have all the available ways to earn plats more than I need so it's no longer a problem.

Now I would pay for unique and cool cosmetics. Planning to buy the Risen Heirloom Collection just to say a little thanks to DE for bringing me core memory in the past years (took a long break from 2015 to 2019 ). 

More armor cosmetics

An open Flox Syandana

Fashion-frameable specters

Playable Acolytes and Stalker (I kind of want them for bonus fun and enjoy the mixed ability movesets. Just like you can unlock clone-like boss fighters in fighting games.)

• Like 1

I've bought the $5-10 packs on the playstation. My roommate has bought prime access a couple times.

I never buy plain platinum or game-price things. I'll never spend on speeding up build times or boosters.

Overall, I have more important things to spend my money on (like food and survival.) And, for the price of a prime access, I could have a fully complete offline single player game, without microtransactions and time gating mechanics dictating when and how quickly I can make progress. (I still have a backlog of games to play that I got from a bargain bin sale a few years back...) And I spend most of my time working, sleeping, running errands, cooking, (plus more) and in my free time, trying to write books and program my own games in Godot.

So, there's not much DE can offer me that would make me bite. I'm a dolphin, not a whale.

🤔 Not sure. Honestly I’d prefer not spending money, but I know that’s not how these things work, so I just buy some plat to have on-hand every so often and then purchase whatever strikes my fancy whenever I feel like it.

I’m fine with playing the game more for items, so I’m not incentivised to purchase new gear. Fashion is only so compelling so I don’t really feel inclined to get every piece of fashion right away and am fine if the game goes down and I haven’t collected everything.

I guess I already sometimes purchase new slots and catalysts and maybe a rushjob or two, but they’re not exactly… important. Just me willing to part with some coffee money to go towards the game. Been months since I’ve restocked on plat and there’s no guarantee I’ll get more (though I guess considering I’m still playing, it’s likely, but… not a guarantee).

So far I guess I’m basically treating purchasing stuff as a donation, so whatever gets me something I can use for donating I’ll be fine with

Voidshell skin technology... for Prime skins/Deluxe skins. I understand Tennogen might be more difficult, but ehhh. Voidshell skins are a bit weird to me, some are cool, but often the candidates they use, already have good skins. Plus, whilst many of us, understood when they explained that it would be too long a process to implement for old skins, because of technology reasons, not so sure about everything created since. Now they are sort of their own category of "default but shiner" which again cool... but, I would definitely pay Plat/Money to more Deluxe skins/Prime variations, to also have Voidshell textures. Plus it low key fixes some of the colouration issues certain skins have, with their colour channels (and the inability to get good white or black colours). 

I don't think we should pay for this...but I would also personally pay for some way to make a lot of Warframe design elements auxiliary/attachments. To help declutter them. Just to add more customisation/choice. Like, I personally like Mesa Primes chaps, but I know many that don't. Not the biggest fan of the whole Trinity Prime lobster tail thing. Certain visual elements clip a lot too, and or subjectively, look quite cool without certain bits. 

Also they finally added in more Drifter/Operator skin cosmetic options, that you can pay for, and I did!

More companion skins. Especially for Deimos pets, Moas, Hounds, etc. 

• Like 2

I would spend money on Profile page captura backgrounds, bgm, and decorations if that were a thing.
I'm not really into decorating my orbiter but decorating my in-game profile page would be a lot simpler and wouldn't require inviting anyone to see it.

It would just be there for anyone curious.

• Like 2

On 2023-10-30 at 5:38 AM, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Can we add machete skins too? They are like two of them.

Furax skins and Atomos skins. Two great weapons and horribly ugly. I am actively disincentivized to use Atomos because it is so ugly 😂

14 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

I would spend money on Profile page captura backgrounds, bgm, and decorations if that were a thing.
I'm not really into decorating my orbiter but decorating my in-game profile page would be a lot simpler and wouldn't require inviting anyone to see it.

It would just be there for anyone curious.

This is a really REALLY cool idea. I’d buy it.

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit

I'd buy ignore slots to filter out lowballers, scammers, people who waste my time by backing out of trades they initiate themselves, and generally toxic people.  Currently we're hard capped at 100 and that's no where near enough, particularly if we're gonna keep integrating the community with other platforms more and more tightly.

I'd also pay through the nose for listing slots to be allowed to list my goods in a new in-game auction house.  😘

• 2 weeks later...

On a lawyer to get all my money back that I've spent on the game over the years.

On 2023-11-01 at 10:52 PM, sly_squash said:

I'd buy ignore slots to filter out lowballers, scammers, people who waste my time by backing out of trades they initiate themselves, and generally toxic people.  Currently we're hard capped at 100 and that's no where near enough, particularly if we're gonna keep integrating the community with other platforms more and more tightly.

I'd also pay through the nose for listing slots to be allowed to list my goods in a new in-game auction house.  😘

"WTS Ammo Drum"
"10pl?"
"LOW BALLER!!! BLOOOOCKED >:((("

I change my answer, I'd get a block slot to block people who use the term "lowballer"

1 hour ago, _Eclips3_ said:

On a lawyer to get all my money back that I've spent on the game over the years.

"WTS Ammo Drum"
"10pl?"

I change my answer, I'd get a block slot to block people who use the term "lowballer"

I think you misunderstand.

A lowballer is a person who preys on people who don't understand what they have.  They're the "WTB any riven 15p" people who reject offers for anything actually worth around 15p and wait around until they get some MR8 who just unlocked rivens but have no idea what's good and valuable.  They'll take your "15p" rubico or w/e and instantly flip it for 400p.

There may be some debate over whether exploiting someone's lack of knowledge constitutes outright scamming, but at best it's an extremely slimy money-making tactic.  I don't want people like that to have access to me, because while I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about general pricing and would be difficult to bamboozle, the types of people who would do that are likely the types of people who would attempt other types of nefarious techniques that would certainly be classified as "scamming".

I see no reason to mute people who want to avoid lowballers.  I also don't seek "good deals" because all a good deal means is I'm exploiting someone else.  I just want to engage in market with fair and well-grounded prices and earn my plat via farming and selling particularly efficiently rather than being nefariously exploitative of others.

1 hour ago, RyllusPurple said:

I would honestly pay for zariman fissures at this point. I don't like excavation, lemme do void cascade for traces.

Even more reasons for me to go into the Zariman, despite me already doing so simply because it's my favorite zone? You've got my support.

On 2023-10-29 at 8:31 AM, Daddy.bulbs said:

We have got $90 skins not purchasable with plat , a "charm" nerf for smeeta , an now a pay us to skip to end game.

We only have 1 of those things so far. Charm change is still in the works and we have no idea what it entails, while pay to skip was so hated on announcement that i doubt it'll release without massive changes to its function.

13 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

"WTS Ammo Drum"
"10pl?"

Lol I got someone pissed at me for offering them less then market rate when they said "PMO"
Like, If I wanted market rate, I would use the market, not be trudging through trade chat.

Don't say PMO in trade chat and then get pissed when the only person that gives you an offer wants to pay less than what they would've paid to get it in a more convenient way from someone else.
If you want market price, use the market, and sure as hell don't say PMO. If you want higher than market price be prepared to be laughed out of trade chat.

Anyway that was the last time I ever used trade chat. Trying to get a deals isn't worth dealing with these people.

Edited by PollexMessier

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-11-01 at 3:38 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Voidshell skin technology... for Prime skins/Deluxe skins. I understand Tennogen might be more difficult, but ehhh. Voidshell skins are a bit weird to me, some are cool, but often the candidates they use, already have good skins. Plus, whilst many of us, understood when they explained that it would be too long a process to implement for old skins, because of technology reasons, not so sure about everything created since. Now they are sort of their own category of "default but shiner" which again cool... but, I would definitely pay Plat/Money to more Deluxe skins/Prime variations, to also have Voidshell textures. Plus it low key fixes some of the colouration issues certain skins have, with their colour channels (and the inability to get good white or black colours). 

Funny that we can preview some Voidshell Textures on non Voidshell skins. When you go to Navigation and visualize the Star chart with a Warframe equiped with Voidshell textures and Change Loadout to a frame with non-Voidshell skin, it will inherit the Textures from the Voidshell skin you were using.

GW7nzo.png

im playing on low settings rn cuz was testing eclipse stuff  but you get the idea, also it doesn't work on every skin

• Like 1

being able to buy specific parts of certain frames, because they just REFUSE to drop despite being 'uncommon' bounty rewards. 

Xaku chassis being my prime contender right now. I have every other reward from the quest that grants it in enough multiples that my Tenno could retire and open a shop (there are only 3 commons, 2 uncommons (supposedly including the chassis) and one rare ) but that chassis is made of unobtanium. I've done that bounty dozens of times, and have enough supposedly super rare warfans to make a new landing craft ;)

The RNG in this game is borked. 

Or an option to pick which reward (for say 2 plat) you get at each stage of a bounty, perhaps..

1 hour ago, crazywolfpusher said:

Funny that we can preview some Voidshell Textures on non Voidshell skins. When you go to Navigation and visualize the Star chart with a Warframe equiped with Voidshell textures and Change Loadout to a frame with non-Voidshell skin, it will inherit the Textures from the Voidshell skin you were using.

GW7nzo.png

im playing on low settings rn cuz was testing eclipse stuff  but you get the idea, also it doesn't work on every skin

Reminds me that Garuda doesn’t have a voidshell yet

Someday… someday… 

would spend allot of money for a new faction, maybe more sentients, ones who are actually dangerous, like they used to be
i really disliked the "dog" sentients who are just canon fodder, i wanted the sentients to be the greatest danger.

my favourite enemy types are by far the Demos infested, they look great, are very tough on steel path, and have amazing combat mechanics. 

1 minute ago, C486 said:

If I had to throw some pennies at this game... it would be for a floating cabbage companion. With how goofy Warframe lore is, the floating cabbage could be some space magic thing that could be forced into the lore.

A bunch of concentrated void energy that takes the form of cabbage for… reasons 

What reason? Continuity or some stoof, idk im not the devs (unfortunately)