Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I HATE Aya!

(XBOX)RAG is NAROK

So, as the title says, I hate Aya. Here I am, trying to farm syndicate XP for relics and even farming the void and I keep getting a ton of Aya. I probably wouldn't mind it... if there was anything worth buying with it. 

I don't care about getting older relics for returning Primes, I want cosmetics or something more useful and right now getting Aya literally feels like I'm being robbed. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, (XBOX)RAG is NAROK said:

for relics

So ... buy Relics with that Aya.

Running random (unvaulted) Relics in a Squad will still eventually give you a bunch of what you're after from the other players' Relics,
or you might get a high-value vaulted item, if not set, from your Relics to turn into Plat so you can just buy parts you're missing, or cosmetics, or whatever.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)RAG is NAROK said:

getting Aya literally feels like I'm being robbed

Nothing really changed with the introduction of Aya, before it you would've gotten an unvaulted Relic,
it's the same situation except now you get to freely choose which Relic to turn that Aya into (or wait for different Relics, even).

It's simply an improvement.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

So ... buy Relics with that Aya.

Requires me to take an extra loading screen to go to Maroo's and trade out the Aya for the Relics I would have gotten before the change.

For a player who was never interested in the ?3? cosmetic items Aya can also be used for, this is pure Inconvenience vs just getting the relics as direct drops.

Considering Aya is not useful for everyone, they should be removed from Packs.

Maybe instead, make it so you can trade 3-5x random Relics for one Aya (seems to be the ratio ?) at Varzia or whoever else. Could even propose to trade fewer refined relics (5 Intacts or 3 Exceptional or 2 Flawless or 1 Radiant, something like that), could be a way to "get rid of" the refined ones from ESO/endless runs if it's a crap one you don't care about or if even the gold reward isn't worth anything.

That way :

- People who dgaf about Aya won't get any

- People who need Aya will have a reliable way to get them (instead of pure RNG)

Win-win

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Requires me to take an extra loading screen to go to Maroo's and trade out the Aya for the Relics I would have gotten before the change.

So turn the Aya directly into Void Traces or Ducats - that saves you multiple loading screens and missions.

Aya just replaces old Prime Vault relics, they do not prevent you from getting new Prime stuff relics as they have the same drop chance (on missions and on relic packs) as the old Prime Vault relics. If you want cosmetics, you can just use that Aya to buy some old Prime stuff relics sell them for some Plat and get some cosmetics.

The great advantage of Aya is that you can trade them for Void Traces (even though I think 5 void traces per Aya is not too much) or Ducats, as said just above.

I have everything, I don't need Aya neither, but I still like this Aya system a lot, as it gives you more options than just getting directly the old Prime Vault relics.

Aya was one of the best implementations the Devs have done to the Relic system.

Edited by (NSW)AegisFifi
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

How so?

What part of my first post does not make sense to you?

Are you The Truth itself ? Your post is an opinion, as is mine, and Aya is not useful for everyone indeed. It's totally useless to me, for example.

You're not even the OP, what makes you think I was replying to you and you only ?

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Are you The Truth itself ? [...] You're not even the OP, what makes you think I was replying to you and you only ?

That's a ... fierce way to interpret my response.

I tried to show ways that Aya is still plenty useful even if you wanted other Relics, so the only way that this

It's totally useless to me

would be true is if you don't need Relics / their contents at all, in which case, why are you buying Relic Packs? :P

Edited by NinjaZeku

49 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

would be true is if you don't need Relics / their contents at all, in which case, why are you buying Relic Packs? :P

Most players will be interested in a handful of relics. There is an already bad RNG in relic packs, and Aya is the worst offender. It's good if you need a vaulted frame/weapon or if you seek :platinum: , that's it.

I'm not reducing Warframe to a platinum-grinding game where you buy whatever you miss, because I prefer playing the game and getting that stuff eventually by myself. So vaulted stuff have lost 100% of their value as soon as I've got them.

I don't see why Aya can't be an option, as I proposed above, for the players who are interested in it to be able to exchange them vs relics - or vs whatever else for all I care. That way, people looking for Vaulted relics would have a reliable non-RNG way to get Aya, while veterans not interested by vaulted relics would have the option to reduce the noise in relic packs.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

Most players will be interested in a handful of relics. There is an already bad RNG in relic packs, and Aya is the worst offender.

As long as players aren't mislead and think aya is more of an offender than the unvaulted relics they replace.  Which we can still get for...1 Aya.  And we can buy the unvaulted relic we want out of those currently available, rather than being stuck with the one the game chooses.  Or buy traces or ducats if none of those appeal.

It's like the old system except with far, far more flexibility for the player, even if it isn't a panacea for all the issues players have with relic RNG. 

• Like 2

On 2023-11-07 at 12:00 AM, Chewarette said:

Maybe instead, make it so you can trade 3-5x random Relics for one Aya (seems to be the ratio ?) at Varzia or whoever else. Could even propose to trade fewer refined relics (5 Intacts or 3 Exceptional or 2 Flawless or 1 Radiant, something like that), could be a way to "get rid of" the refined ones from ESO/endless runs if it's a crap one you don't care about or if even the gold reward isn't worth anything.

I'd be down for that. 

If you could trade the Aya to essentially get three random relics (like with the syndicates), then it would be much more useful. 

Even the option to just buy ducats with them would be nice. 

---

My problem is that I'm essentially trying to get relics for the new primes (hello Grendel) and instead I get frustrated cuz I'm getting Aya instead. Then I go to use the Aya and there's nothing there that interests me (cuz aside from Excal Prime, I am up to date on most of the primed items). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XBOX)RAG is NAROK said:

I'd be down for that. 

If you could trade the Aya to essentially get three random relics (like with the syndicates), then it would be much more useful.

I think they want the exact opposite, using up multiple Relics to gain 1 Aya
(which is a much worse ratio than the "1:1" we have right now, so that'd be a nope from me).

On 2023-11-07 at 9:50 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

For a player who was never interested in the ?3? cosmetic items Aya can also be used for, this is pure Inconvenience vs just getting the relics as direct drops.

Pablo was really right when he said players don't read patch notes because you can access varzia's shop from the in-game market form your orbiter

On 2023-11-06 at 9:25 PM, (XBOX)RAG is NAROK said:

So, as the title says, I hate Aya. Here I am, trying to farm syndicate XP for relics and even farming the void and I keep getting a ton of Aya. I probably wouldn't mind it... if there was anything worth buying with it. 

I don't care about getting older relics for returning Primes, I want cosmetics or something more useful and right now getting Aya literally feels like I'm being robbed. 

So farm those vaulted relics and sell them for plat and buy the cosmetics