Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone please explain this one to me

Hexerin

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

^Wonder if Maglev was supposed to have the stats reversed?

Maglev comes from Magnetic Levitation, a system to make trains levitate and eliminate friction between the wheels and the rails. So I doubt it was supposed to give you more friction.
Also worth saying Streamlined form got changed when DE made holster speed faster across the board, it used to be 15/15 and 60 holster speed. So that one is a clear oversight.

• Like 2

Would not mind at all a grand look at mods for consistency’s sake.

Break whatever builds you have to, DE, I’ll just rebuild accordingly. Some of these mods are ambiguous as to their design or straight up don’t have many places to go or don’t have much of an impact even if there were scenarios to use them (looking at you, Warm Coat)

edit: though… I guess it can make sense that you’re just supposed to stack some mods. That sort of throws a curveball into interpretation of the mod and makes me wonder if that design intent could be made more clear

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

On 2023-11-18 at 12:45 AM, Hexerin said:

ab8a09ddb4922c903967893aeeb4a63f.png835659d23e4935dd4d6018ac6beaf491.png

Then, to add more insult to injury, why even use either of those when you can just use a single mod that gives nearly as much as both, for half the cost?

Because you can do this:

52e354049c6d59d68315910a49afd0a8.pngab8a09ddb4922c903967893aeeb4a63f.png

On 2023-11-18 at 12:45 AM, Hexerin said:

I swear man, it's stuff like this... We really need "Mods 3.0" (or would be it 4.0 this time?), just have the entire list of mods completely redone and made consistent across the board.

The worst case scenario here is that there's a single mod that costs too much.  With respect, if that makes you think we need to rework the entire mod system, I genuinely recommend a step back, a few deep breaths, and maybe a break.  This is not even close to a big deal.

• Like 2

On 2023-11-18 at 1:45 AM, Hexerin said:

ab8a09ddb4922c903967893aeeb4a63f.png835659d23e4935dd4d6018ac6beaf491.png

Why though? Like sure, I get you can stack them, but that still doesn't explain why Burdened Magazine costs almost twice as much while also having a downside. Then, to add more insult to injury, why even use either of those when you can just use a single mod that gives nearly as much as both, for half the cost?

52e354049c6d59d68315910a49afd0a8.png

I swear man, it's stuff like this... We really need "Mods 3.0" (or would be it 4.0 this time?), just have the entire list of mods completely redone and made consistent across the board.

They are options in case players don't have access to one or the other. Primed Ammo Stock is harder to acquire and may take a newer player almost a year or more to acquire, especially if Baro shows up when they don't have the ducats to purchase. The variety is also only really noticeable after playing for quite a while. 

The ability to stack is the other reason for the reload speed drawback. 120% to 170% more shotgun up time for such a small reload penalty is a nice tradeoff. 

• Like 1

On 2023-11-18 at 12:48 PM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

PrimedPistolGambitMod.png

CreepingBullseyeMod.png

This just strikes me as a mod that was forgotten, corrupt mods should be better but with the negative to make up for the higher stat... If you make it so they can't stack

If 13% additive crit (with no other crit mods equipped that makes for 7% more crit) is comparable to 20% fire rate difference (multiplicative) for you, then you have lots of learn about modding. Only reason to use Creeping Bullseye over PPG is when you need breakpoint and already have external fire rate (other mod, arcane, frame power) and the fire rate makes the weapon unusable due to reload mechanics.

Mod I wish they updated is Vicious Spread. Magnum Force is 165/55, Heavy Caliber is 165/55, but Vicious Spread is 90/60 for some reason.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

The glorious 7 shot Tigris Prime and 69 shot Sobek builds would be dreams forever out of reach without Burdened Magazine, Primed Ammo Stock, and rivens, so there you go.

.....and then add a riven with ammo capacity on top of it. A constant Sobek barrage, along with the faction mod procs, sound crazy. 

13 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Mod I wish they updated is Vicious Spread. Magnum Force is 165/55, Heavy Caliber is 165/55, but Vicious Spread is 90/60 for some reason.

Yes, Please! I used to fill hallways up with my Boar/P
An updated Vicious Spread would be insane with today's amounts of Multi-shot.

Sweepers Sweepers , man your Brooms!

16 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Might be because they view spread as more of a sometime positive on pellet shotguns than it is on most rifles and sidearms. I've gotten some amusement out of Magnum Force on Twin Rogga, although I don't slot it on a normal build by any means.

Vicious also takes less capacity than the other two.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

.....and then add a riven with ammo capacity on top of it. A constant Sobek barrage, along with the faction mod procs, sound crazy. 

The magazine riven is already essential to the 69 shot Sobek.  And the 72 shot Sobek, but let's not get ridiculous here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

The magazine riven is already essential to the 69 shot Sobek.  And the 72 shot Sobek, but let's not get ridiculous here.

72 shots would cause Sobek to lose its power

We all know 69 shots is the way to achieve Sobek Prime

True power

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

If 13% additive crit (with no other crit mods equipped that makes for 7% more crit) is comparable to 20% fire rate difference (multiplicative) for you, then you have lots of learn about modding. Only reason to use Creeping Bullseye over PPG is when you need breakpoint and already have external fire rate (other mod, arcane, frame power) and the fire rate makes the weapon unusable due to reload mechanics.

Uh huh sure

This isn't sarcasm, or trying to be snarky

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Might be because they view spread as more of a sometime positive on pellet shotguns

I do not think so. Spread is meh due to headshot mechanics and headshot multiplier. Spread makes incarnon shotguns unusable and DE broke it themselves (you kill an enemy with a headshot, if any pellet hits anythihg else than head you get zero incarnon charge). It is only really positive on Phantasma and any other Throwers (and Heavy Caliber on Ignis), only other beam shotgun that comes to mind is Phage, but it already has massive spread via mechanics. And Convectrix and again weapon mechanics.

Also the mod actually has more spread than counterparts (so there goes your theory), the stat it is lacking is %dmg.

Edited by Zakkhar

22 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I do not think so. Spread is meh due to headshot mechanics and headshot multiplier. Spread makes incarnon shotguns unusable and DE broke it themselves (you kill an enemy with a headshot, if any pellet hits anythihg else than head you get zero incarnon charge). It is only really positive on Phantasma and any other Throwers (and Heavy Caliber on Ignis), only other beam shotgun that comes to mind is Phage, but it already has massive spread via mechanics. And Convectrix and again weapon mechanics.

Well that depends on if you've got plenty of overkill or not. 

And this mod was created (and Magnum Force buffed while Vicious Spread was untouched) long before 3x headshot multipliers and  Incarnon, let alone the Incarnon multishot nerf.

25 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Also the mod actually has more spread than counterparts (so there goes your theory), the stat it is lacking is %dmg.

If DE regards it as a potential bonus on shotguns, it doesn't mean it has to be lower than the equivalents, only that the mod as a whole should take that into account.  So +5% more  spread is fine--it's more than balanced out by 75% less damage bonus.

Again, just a theory to explain the potential thinking behind it leaving it the same when Magnum Force was buffed.   One that's different than the easier "DE forgot about X".   Which is a valid theory too.  If someone suggested DE has forgotten about  all these mods in 2023, I wouldn't think they were full of ****.  Although I might venture alternative ideas like I'm doing here.