Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Nightwave Nora’s Mix Vol. 5 Unintended Early Release

[DE]Danielle

Hello Tenno! 

Nora got her calendar mixed up and accidentally released her Mix Vol. 5 early today with the end of Vol. 4 at 2 PM ET. 

As announced, Nora’s Mix Vol. 5 is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, November 29th. 

The Nightwave button has since been removed (as intended with the end of Vol.) and we are currently looking into any issues that may have been caused by this unplanned early release. 

Think of it as a little sneak peak to all that we’ll be covering on this Friday’s Devstream #175 - tune in to get all the details!

Thanks Tenno! We’ll update this post if there’s more to share. 

Edit: So far we have not seen any issues tied to the early release, but will continue to monitor!

To answer the question of whether the Standing earned during the very short window Vol. 5 was live today will carry over into its official start on November 29th, unfortunately it will not due to the way account updates for completed Acts are tied specifically to each instance of Nightwave (today being its own standalone instance). Apologies to the speedy and eager players out there who were able to nab a quick Act before we returned it to its intended state! 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
  • Like 17

Players who earned standing in this brief window won't keep that progress when the season goes live on the 29th will they? I know it really isn't a huge deal, but I just wanted to bring it up as someone who aims to achieve the highest rank out of every season since Season 1 (in the hopes we get something visual out of Ranks besides the Tune In screen. A Scarlet Spear type badge perhaps one day?). 

Anyways cheers and thanks for the announcement. Curious to see the details of the next Operation this Friday.

• Like 3

Hello! I am a switch player and accessed the NightWave on accident early today.

I did report it as bug, and I hope that my missions completed from the NightWave will be removed so I’m even with everyone else when it does properly start.

The bug reports name is “NightWave 5 Glitched”, or you can see my profile.

Thank you for posting this as I am terrified my account will get deleted for something I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed access.

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Jonna014 said:

Hello! I am a switch player and accessed the NightWave on accident early today.

I did report it as bug, and I hope that my missions completed from the NightWave will be removed so I’m even with everyone else when it does properly start.

The bug reports name is “NightWave 5 Glitched”, or you can see my profile.

Thank you for posting this as I am terrified my account will get deleted for something I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed access.

11 minutes ago, Myscho said:

It was their mistake, not yours, so dont worry

Your account is totally safe!! No need to worry about that whatsoever - as Myscho said it was a mistake on our end :) 

• Like 10

A week is too long to hold my breath for!

I can't do any other quest without Nightwave, my OCD will not allow it!

This is sarcasm for those who could not tell.

At least no one is complaining about having to play the game in order to play the game...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Senima said:

So no Orokin Catalists, Orokin Reactors, Nitain Extract etc for a whole week!?!? I farm the quests like crazy for creds and i cant even use them!?!?

At least let us buy Nitain Extract

Edited by Senima
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, LadyAnime said:

So much for spending my Nora Creds since we were told the 29th and planned around that? =( Rip extra floofs...

I don't recall an announcement it would end any day but the 22nd.  The 29th is the scheduled start for the next series, but there is always a gap between them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't recall an announcement it would end any day but the 22nd.  The 29th is the scheduled start for the next series, but there is always a gap between them.

I think the point is that due to the arbitrary/unnecessary week of downtime gap, it's easy for a person who doesn't live on the forum to mistake the deadline. Hell, even someone like me who frequents the forum daily/semi-daily can miss the deadline.

DE needs to update the NW system to be less anti-consumer. The shop should have a section where the player can expend outdated currency (from the previous seasons) on NW's evergreen offerings (such as Nitain), so that the player isn't screwed over.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I think the point is that due to the arbitrary/unnecessary week of downtime gap, it's easy for a person who doesn't live on the forum to mistake the deadline. Hell, even someone like me who frequents the forum daily/semi-daily can miss the deadline.

DE needs to update the NW system to be less anti-consumer. The shop should have a section where the player can expend outdated currency (from the previous seasons) on NW's evergreen offerings (such as Nitain), so that the player isn't screwed over.

There's literally a timer in the Nightwave screen that shows you when it ends. DE is quite prompt with informing players of the end date.

You also have comments in [DE]Sam's original announcement about the deadline of Nora's Mix Vol 4 and the start of Vol 5...

The whole reason it is setup this way is for engagement, and it's already very tame. Season 1 wasn't even a big deal and that had just enough time for 60 ranks and no catch-up for weekly challenges. We are also getting permanent weeklies as well with next week's Vol 5.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I think the point is that due to the arbitrary/unnecessary week of downtime gap, it's easy for a person who doesn't live on the forum to mistake the deadline.

I've presumed there is a backstage reason for the gaps, as it seems more in DE's interests to have them transition seamlessly.  Otherwise, yeah, no interval would be better and simpler for people to understand.

That aside, I've always advocated for a unified currency, an old-to-new  exchange value, or at least a transitional store to cover the gap periods.

It took years, but we finally got a simple countdown timer in game not that long ago, so I haven't given up hope on further improvements.

24 minutes ago, Senima said:

Wait we lose our credits?

You don't lose them, they are just no longer usable within NW. They become "useless" and can only be sold for 5,000 credits each.

3223d92e60a156b19498db3b5437ff1f.jpg

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

There's literally a timer in the Nightwave screen that shows you when it ends. DE is quite prompt with informing players of the end date.

Do you spend every waking moment of the day staring at the NW screen? Cause I sure as hell don't, I access it like once or twice a week (if at all).

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

I've presumed there is a backstage reason for the gaps, as it seems more in DE's interests to have them transition seamlessly.  Otherwise, yeah, no interval would be better and simpler for people to understand.

That aside, I've always advocated for a unified currency, an old-to-new  exchange value, or at least a transitional store to cover the gap periods.

It took years, but we finally got a simple countdown timer in game not that long ago, so I haven't given up hope on further improvements.

Yea, I'd take whatever so long as the outdated currency was still usable for NW related stuff (especially Nitain). Basic credits are literally worthless, as I can get millions in less than half an hour, on demand at any time I want to.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Do you spend every waking moment of the day staring at the NW screen? Cause I sure as hell don't, I access it like once or twice a week (if at all).

No, I am just reasonably active and open it every once in a while. It's plastered on the news console, directed to the Forums with an announcement, and it's on an in-game timer. You missing out on spending them is on you. It happens. I've done it myself before. The nice thing about Nightwave as opposed to other systems like this is that there aren't any offerings for Creds that are exclusive to a specific season. It's really no big deal.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Senima said:

So no Orokin Catalists, Orokin Reactors, Nitain Extract etc for a whole week!?!? I farm the quests like crazy for creds and i cant even use them!?!?

To be fair they did warn us that that would happen and to spend your credits before it ends, or you'll only be able to trade them in for regular credits.