The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Walls launch date speculation

BowserNC

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

One thing that crossed my mind is. Grind Shack phrases it with "during the #thegameawards" and Rebb answers "we're not.", so maybe they'll release it right after TGA since it would at that point not be during. :clem:

Though I'm actually hoping on the 8th, with DE working over the weekend incase things need hotfixing.

lmao hopes and dreams but yeah 

On 2023-11-30 at 2:00 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I'm hoping for the 8th.  The end of the day on the 7th is asking for trouble from a player support standpoint, and doesn't seem ideal from a hype perspective either.   They've got to still have some lingering trauma from the Empyrean release, haven't they?

If it weren't for the maybe-hints that were dropped, I'd think the 14th was most likely.  A few days of hotfixes, and then they basically shut down until early January.

edit: oops, I was looking at the wrong calendar month.   The 8th is a Friday.  Not impossible they'd release that day, but not likely.

Yeah no, like you said, a Friday release is "Agent of Chaos" territory.

The dates that make the most sense to me are the 11th-13th. Fridays are out, Thursdays aren't completely out but historically unlikely, The next week isn't likely either because if anything were to go seriously wrong there wouldn't be a lot of time to address it before the holiday break. So yeah, 11th-13th would be my reasoned guess, with a wild card entry for the 7th for the chance of releasing a super-hype trailer at TGA and a "update live now" drop at the end of it. 

e: I should've read the rest of the thread lol 

Edited by ShogunGunshow

39 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Yeah no, like you said, a Friday release is "Agent of Chaos" territory.

The dates that make the most sense to me are the 11th-13th. Fridays are out, Thursdays aren't completely out but historically unlikely, The next week isn't likely either because if anything were to go seriously wrong there wouldn't be a lot of time to address it before the holiday break. So yeah, 11th-13th would be my reasoned guess, with a wild card entry for the 7th for the chance of releasing a super-hype trailer at TGA and a "update live now" drop at the end of it. 

e: I should've read the rest of the thread lol 

Yeah, I was looking at a November calendar, so my guesses are completely borked.

They have Whispers, a live operation in Gargoyle's Cry, cross save, and cross trade turning on this month. With ongoing/rolling account merging/linking/transfers over some unspecified period (I've heard comments that is supposed to mean this month, not going into 2024, but can't find the source of that information so not sure if that's true).

Right before they go on their break.

Some poor sod at DE is probably going to have a terrible Christmas.

I mean it won't be out before the game awards, that's for sure, especially since they intend to showcase the trailer there...

There's a pretty high chance it will be released during the game awards. Would make tons of sense from a marketing and timing standpoint. That said they might wait a day or two just so the server load from everyone logging it to get the free Sevagoth dies down... Still, can't beat the "available NOW" hype of showing something super cool at VGA then having people going straight into the game after the show ends.

If it's not released during the game awards, they have a pretty narrow window to release it... I'd say it has to ship before December 14th, as tons of people start taking vacations and the studio will be ill prepared to address the game-breaking bugs that surface with each day that passes after that. They have to give themselves enough time to do a few hotfixes basically before everyone leaves for Christmas break... Keep in mind they might also need to go through cert process for their fixes in some cases, so they definitively have to ship pretty shortly after the VGAs if they intend to have the time to fix the issues.

That said with DE being DE and often doing nonsensical moves, they could very well do something stupid like releasing the game on like December 20th, then leaving for vacations knowing full well their playerbase will be stuck playing buggy mission types that keep failing and the like for like the entire holiday season and having to wait like for January 15 for the team to do any hotfixes...

Edited by (PSN)Stealth_Cobra

I'm apparently the guy that wakes up 1:15 am and immediately checks his phone for the cross save update. It's like it was Christmas morning and I was conjuring the ol' "its after midnight so I can open it" vibe. I'm disappointed in how disappointed I was lol I know darn well it will be released some time midday/afternoon 

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

43 minutes ago, Nkomo-Sama said:

I'm apparently the guy that wakes up 1:15 am and immediately checks his phone for the cross save update. It's like it was Christmas morning and I was conjuring the ol' "its after midnight so I can open it" vibe. I'm disappointed in how disappointed I was lol I know darn well it will be released some time midday/afternoon 

How sad is it that I look forward to patch days more than Christmas?

So old.