Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most bizarre conspiracy you heard?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

We all heard werid conspiracies about the game from weird players before so why not share more bizarre stuff we all encountered.

I was in the WF community discord last in the vcs and had guy go off on the werid conspiracy about the relays. Apparently we only have 3 relays cause DE can't afford server space for all of them. Nvm we have 4 relays and apparently was convinced that relays outside eyes of blight blew up and that's why we had a relay rebuild once. Also the current famorian is going to blow up the earth relay and it supported by post everywhere on twitter, tried finding these post and found nothing about it and was reminded that you should have safe search on when searching warframe.

When there are discussions about Tencent, you can be guaranteed there is going to be some nonsense.

Or maybe people complaining about DE removing free speech after they have been banned for posting stupid S#&$ or had their forum thread locked.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Or maybe people complaining about DE removing free speech after they have been banned for posting stupid S#&$ or had their forum thread locked.

Honestly, I can see the ones being banned from posting anything in region chat. Anything you say is bannable, including breakfast. Forums threads are usually locked for very obvious reasons though.  

8 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Honestly, I can see the ones being banned from posting anything in region chat. Anything you say is bannable, including breakfast. Forums threads are usually locked for very obvious reasons though.  

It's true that chat filter is oversensitive and not capable of understanding context, but sometimes we do get the good stuff. Like that one poster from a few weeks ago who was upset they had been banned for hate speech, because they thought it was fun.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genitive said:

It's true that chat filter is oversensitive and not capable of understanding context, but sometimes we do get the good stuff. Like that one poster from a few weeks ago who was upset they had been banned for hate speech, because they thought it was fun.

That dude? The one on the forums in general right?  Honestly thought they were trolling, should’ve been common sense not to slur. 

• Like 2

Here's one I actually believe:

Whether from the Fomorian or the Razorback, I don't think Relays can be destroyed anymore.  I think that regardless of whether players engage in the associated missions or not, the progress bar will always fill before the countdown timer is completed.

Why?  Because in the last few years Relays were required for the early-game critical progression path, and there were situations on specific platforms (back before the great merging) where if a particular early Relay was destroyed, it would have meant that new players could not progress in the game.  That's a consequence that you don't put in the hands of your players.  I think that since that point  if not earlier  there has been code in place that guarantees that the progress bars will always fill.

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors in game design, and I think this is one of those cases where the suggested threat can never truly occur.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Here's one I actually believe:

Whether from the Fomorian or the Razorback, I don't think Relays can be destroyed anymore.  I think that regardless of whether players engage in the associated missions or not, the progress bar will always fill before the countdown timer is completed.

You know, it was confirmed during a Prime Time that this is true

2 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Most bizarre conspiracy you heard?

"Kuakas aren't real! They are just cameras the Quill use to monitor us in the plains."

Kidding, just made that up based on the "Birds Aren't Real" movement.

Never really got into other people`s conspiracies in the game, i did for a long time think Ballas was the Stalker and that the Acolytes were the other 6 members of the Orokin Council, a.k.a The Seven.

Later with the release of The Sacrifice i started thinking Margulis didn't actually get executed but got injected with the Helminth mutation which part of her was then used to make the Lotus Helmet, this would explain why Nattah had part of her memories/behavior/look and why when Ballas removed the Helmet from her there was a powerful Transference surge

This image appears for a very brief moment during the Sacrifice quest, its the last Vitruvian image that appears which quickly gets cut out by our operator:

Spoiler

JcUDV7i.jpg

3 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Also the current famorian is going to blow up the earth relay

Fomorians and Razorbacks are set to auto-decay. The devs did this after one Razorback fleet was wiped out in less than six hours -- the next Razorback fleet was given 500% health and it still died more quickly than expected. After that DE just made them both timed events

3 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Apparently we only have 3 relays cause DE can't afford server space for all of them. Nvm we have 4 relays and apparently was convinced that relays outside eyes of blight blew up and that's why we had a relay rebuild once

The original Strata relay was blown up intentionally by the community: everyone agreed to let it die on purpose. The other three destroyed relays were genuine failures (thus implying Strata probably would have died regardless)

• Like 1

Somebody in my clan insisted to me that survival life support spawns in faster if you're taking more damage in the mission, refused to come with me to a survival so I could demonstrate they spawn in after a set amount of time, and used the time they ressed me in an Arbitration a year or so before to demonstrate that I knew less about the game.

Theory 1: the lotus feeds us with a protein slurry made from consigned Kubrows and the tortured bodies of capture targets. Its also used as a skin cream to keep her looking young.

Theory 2: the corpus are mostly funded by selling the grates we break through at the start of missions. Even if each grate is only 100 credits, they are still making bank. 

Theory 3: Stug is actually the most powerful weapon in the game, it's just nobody has found the right build! It probably scaled off of max ammo and zoom level this entire time!

Bonus theory: Pablo made univac with 50m range, but in the dev build it caused ALL the code to unravel, adding it to the actual live build would literally erase the game and all our accounts. This is why he wont release it 

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

Had a guy in QnA yesterday ranting about DE nerfing fun things because "glaive prime doesn't proc slash anymore" after he spent $120 returning to the game just for glaive???

Of course we tested it to make sure it was user error, but the guy ignored everyone and i'm 80% sure quit the game again because of it.

13 minutes ago, Illegal_Squirell said:
4 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

there were situations on specific platforms (back before the great merging) where if a particular early Relay was destroyed, it would have meant that new players could not progress in the game.  

And they say the devs play the game.

With respect, you have somehow gotten this backwards; this is an example of the devs understanding that there would be negative consequences if something happened, and intentionally preventing it from happening.

That is, unless you're being meta and adding an intentional goof to the conspiracy theory thread.  I've seen so much on the internet that it is often impossible to distinguish satire from reality.