Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GTA 6 trailer is finally here, but is anyone actually hyped?

(PSN)robotwars7

it's been 10 whole years, but finally GTA6 has a teaser trailer. since nobody else appears to have mentioned it, I'm curious if anyone here actually plays GTA or if you are/are not hyped for the game? personally I dumped a couple of years into GTA online, but left when it became apparent that Rockstar's greed would go unchecked. there's even a subscription service in there now.. yuck. I hope that GTA 6 will turn out better, but only time will tell.

let me know what you lot think!

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

let me know what you lot think!

Eh, GTA online has always been a massive fustercluck.

I played in on PS3 when it first released - and never got the free cash injection rockstar handed out to players. Still miffed about that to this day.

Modded singleplayer on PC was the only thing that kept it interesting for a while. But that got boring eventually, too.

So now that GTA6 is finally happening? Well, 10+ years is a little too late. I can't be bothered to even pretend to care at this point.

Sure, I'll give it a go eventually. But I sure as hell won't go anywhere near multiplayer. They didn't learn from GTA:O and repeated it in RDR2:O but worse.

• Like 2

Definitely interested, but not really hyped. I mean Rockstar isn't gonna pass up the chance to print even more money so GTA6 was an inevitability.

But if they show that the world is big AND have a good amount the buildings be explorable, that would be a bit more hype. The cities in previous games are nice but they're essentially just big ole blocks of nothing.

Vice City having dirt bike gangs is pretty funny. I have them in my city and it'll be nice to live out the fantasy of popping their tires while acting a fool.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I kept hearing about it, and finally gave it a watch.

Yep.  It's GTA.  That's about all I got.

But then, I'm another one of those people who last played it back with SA.  The somewhat forced and shoehorned in life sim elements just detracted from the game too much.

Dont worry, they haven't done much life sim ever since SA, there's like optional hanging out, but you don't have to worry about Fat, Muscle, Sex Appeals, Hunger, etc stats.

Yeah I can't imagine too many folks getting hyped for a game that's basically just a reskin of all the previous games. Think I'll stick to games that actually challenge you to create your own solutions instead of 98% of the missions being "go kill X person".

The studio is fantastic at graphics, and not much else. Least of all variety. Seems they left all the creativity on the Red Dead Team. It's not even worth marking on a calendar. 

13 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Yeah I can't imagine too many folks getting hyped for a game that's basically just a reskin of all the previous games. Think I'll stick to games that actually challenge you to create your own solutions instead of 98% of the missions being "go kill X person".

The studio is fantastic at graphics, and not much else. Least of all variety. Seems they left all the creativity on the Red Dead Team. It's not even worth marking on a calendar. 

There is not even a gameplay trailer released yet.

And considering the trailer got 105 millions views in the past day at the official channel (Excluding views from all the reaction, and analysis videos), more than GTA 5's trailer from 12 years ago (101 millions), with 9 millions like, and according to Return Dislikes extension for YouTube, the video got 97%/3% like/dislike ratio, I think people are excited.

Your comment is a disservice to your own intellect.

Edited by Illegal_Squirell
  • Like 1

Nope, goona wait until the game is out before I get "hyped" (or wait for more trailers), cuz I heard the game might get woke, like most of the failures of recent games, like Saints Row. But since the game isn't gonna be out in like 2 years, I wanna see if I live that long first xD

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

22 hours ago, Illegal_Squirell said:

There is not even a gameplay trailer released yet.

And considering the trailer got 105 millions views in the past day at the official channel (Excluding views from all the reaction, and analysis videos), more than GTA 5's trailer from 12 years ago (101 millions), with 9 millions like, and according to Return Dislikes extension for YouTube, the video got 97%/3% like/dislike ratio, I think people are excited.

Your comment is a disservice to your own intellect.

Actually that last line would describe this comment. You do know you just pointed out the vast difference between 105m views, with 9m Likes right? So your theory is 96m folks all coincidentally just forgot to hit Like but every single one of them was interested in getting the game. Cool.

For someone who brought up stats for their point you didn't really do a good job. No more unnecessary replies please.

1 hour ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Actually that last line would describe this comment. You do know you just pointed out the vast difference between 105m views, with 9m Likes right? So your theory is 96m folks all coincidentally just forgot to hit Like but every single one of them was interested in getting the game. Cool.

For someone who brought up stats for their point you didn't really do a good job. No more unnecessary replies please.

Marvel's Infinity War got 261 millions views, and 4 millions like. Most people aren't   S M A S H I N G   the like button. The more you learn.

The Duviri Paradox got 1.6 millions views, with 48k likes. And I heard that thing was hyped.

Edited by Illegal_Squirell

38 minutes ago, Illegal_Squirell said:

Marvel's Infinity War got 261 millions views, and 4 millions like. Most people aren't   S M A S H I N G   the like button. The more you learn.

The Duviri Paradox got 1.6 millions views, with 48k likes. And I heard that thing was hyped.

Well, those were certainly.... words. Kind of.

Again, no unnecessary replies please. 

Am 7.12.2023 um 15:40 schrieb Illegal_Squirell:

Where do the likes come from? They don’t have that many employees, do they?
I tried to find people who like the content. because I wanted to know WHY? and I just can't find them...