Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Hyldrin feels so slow to play with?

Cerenax

vor einer Stunde schrieb Cerenax:

Mine is shown as having 1.26 sprint speed on the arsenal, yet her movement feels so sluggish. Even warframes with slower sprint speed like Frost don't quite feel as unmaneuverable as her, in my experience.

design?
and that doesn't work. because even glasscannon wisp becomes a tank with 800+ armor.

the same with frost and many other cool warframes. There are far too many construction sites at the moment.

If you find them slow and do more bullet jumping instead of running, I suggest replacing your sprint speed mods with bullet jump efficiency. It tricks your brain into thinking you’re going fast, when you’re actually traveling farther instead of faster. 

Just now, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be fair, when you're like 6"8 and STACKED like she is, it's a lot of mass to move around. you're not gonna be that quick, but anything in your way had better GTFO. 

she still isn't as heavy as Rhino though. my main will always hold the title of being the ultimate destroyer of bathroom scales!

But then you got Wisp with a dumb truck that can be lugged around without being set to drive.

It isn’t fair! 

1 hour ago, Malikili said:

If you find them slow and do more bullet jumping instead of running, I suggest replacing your sprint speed mods with bullet jump efficiency. It tricks your brain into thinking you’re going fast, when you’re actually traveling farther instead of faster. 

I do bullet jump all the time. Like I said the issue doesn't seem to be her sprint speed. Another user suggested that it's actually her slow rolling animation, and I think he's right on the money.

4 minutes ago, Cerenax said:

I do bullet jump all the time. Like I said the issue doesn't seem to be her sprint speed. Another user suggested that it's actually her slow rolling animation, and I think he's right on the money.

Makes sense, the animation itself just looks slow no matter the sprint

Let's say you have two Warframes: Exalibur and Excalibur Jr — who is exactly like Excalibur except half the size.  If you mod them both so that they move at exactly the same speed, it will feel like Excalibur Jr is moving faster.  This is because relative to his size, he is moving faster, and your brain understands that at some level.  But objectively, they're both moving the same speed.

The same thing is probably happening to a lesser degree with Hildryn.  She's aesthetically large, and so even if she moves through space at the same speed as other frames, it will feel like she's moving slower.

Also her unique dash may play a role in that as well.

6 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

Hildryn is one sizeable warframe, and with this mass, everything is going to feel slower animationwisely.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Let's say you have two Warframes: Exalibur and Excalibur Jr — who is exactly like Excalibur except half the size.  If you mod them both so that they move at exactly the same speed, it will feel like Excalibur Jr is moving faster.  This is because relative to his size, he is moving faster, and your brain understands that at some level.  But objectively, they're both moving the same speed.

The same thing is probably happening to a lesser degree with Hildryn.  She's aesthetically large, and so even if she moves through space at the same speed as other frames, it will feel like she's moving slower.

Also her unique dash may play a role in that as well.

These are the actual, real answers to the question.