Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will their be 120 fps on consoles?

(PSN)LostDivine_TTV

10 minutes ago, (PSN)LostDivine_TTV said:

Does anyone thing their will ever be 120fps on consoles if fortnite can handle it why cant this game handle it. It really bugs me that this doesnt have a 120 fos option yet

Probably not ever. 

If having FPS that high is important to you the only thing i can suggest is waiting for cross save to kick in and getting a pc. 

While FPS can’t go to 120 on console, there are ways to get better FPS, along with better graphics. 
You’re on PlayStation right? Just google better graphic settings for PlayStation Warframe. It also works on switch, Xbox and PC (obviously, but that rarely matters). 

warframe's just a little bit more graphically demanding than Fortnite: as a general rule of thumb, the more textures and details that have to be rendered in the game, the more of an impact it has on the frame rate. you'd be better off saving up for a PC, but then I imagine high performance parts needed for 120 FPS don't come cheap, but if you've got the money, more power to you. 

honestly, I don't see what's wrong with 60 FPS, and I'm surprised there are still people out there who feel like it's such a big deal.

I don't know much about consoles these days but doesn't PS5 support 120hz?
Though technically speaking the console has nothing to do with it. It's the software.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

honestly, I don't see what's wrong with 60 FPS, and I'm surprised there are still people out there who feel like it's such a big deal.

It is. In any 3D game. It's on the same level as an LCD VS an OLED.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Have you experienced anything beyond 60 FPS? Trust me, once you get used to high refresh rate displays, you will feel how choppy 60 FPS is.

13 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Have you experienced anything beyond 60 FPS? Trust me, once you get used to high refresh rate displays, you will feel how choppy 60 FPS is.

This is the case with most fps, though. Your eyes adjust to whatever you're looking at pretty quickly,  however, and soon you won't even notice. This is especially true beyond 60 fps, where actual gains in information becomes increasingly subtle.

• Like 3

Considering Warframe can struggle to maintain 120fps even on powerful PC's due to the insane amount of particles, I doubt Consoles will get 120fps.

60fps works fine anyway.  I'd rather play at a stable 60 than an unstable 120, gets extremely tiring on the eyes.

35 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It's jarring at first to transition back if you're used to that game in particular being 120, though play any game designed for 60 and running at 60, it'll look absolutely fine.
Also going from 120-60, give it a few hours, you wont notice it too badly.

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 1