Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If we don't solve Tagfer's "problem" in the (near) future, I'm gonna riot

Chewarette

Personally, I think if Minn is "saved/found" and that fixes Tagfer's mood, that would undermine and ruin Tagfer's narrative.  Broadly speaking, the solution to grief is not to regain what you lost, but to find a way to live on despite the loss.  I would rather see Tagfer grow.

If Minn was "saved/found", the only way I can imagine it still being a rewarding narrative is if Minn and Tagfer can't stand each other, that the people they became are utterly incompatible.  As Tagfer says, "I never met the person you'd become."  That would not only subvert the fairy tale ending, but offer fertile ground for meditations on desire and change.

1 hour ago, Agall said:

I'm rank 4 with the faction, doesn't mean I have reading or listening skills.

Spoilers for the Cavia faction.

Spoiler

When the 4 of them get sent into the void inside the bell, the void starts to leak in and mess with all the Cavia. Fibonacci becomes terrified, and in a state of panic, tries to get the void out by opening the bell. My assumption is that the bell is like a space ship, and suddenly opening the door basically sucked everything not held down into the void. Minn was the closest one to the door, so she got sucked into the void.

Its not 100% confirmed that Minn is dead, its just assumed by everyone that she is.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Personally, I think if Minn is "saved/found" and that fixes Tagfer's mood, that would undermine and ruin Tagfer's narrative.  Broadly speaking, the solution to grief is not to regain what you lost, but to find a way to live on despite the loss.  I would rather see Tagfer grow.

If Minn was "saved/found", the only way I can imagine it still being a rewarding narrative is if Minn and Tagfer can't stand each other, that the people they became are utterly incompatible.  As Tagfer says, "I never met the person you'd become."  That would not only subvert the fairy tale ending, but offer fertile ground for meditations on desire and change.

I agree, my hope is that if Minn is found, she basically becomes some sort of void being. Like shes been exposed to the void so long that shes no longer "Minn" anymore.

It would kind of give everyone a "happy" ending, because Minn isnt dead, but it wouldn't give a resolution that actually changes any of the character developments, or fixes any of the negative things that have been done/ said/ happened.

It would also serve as a pretty good excuse for Minn to have more content for us. Like shes a void being now so she has a ton of knowledge and stuff for us to unlock through her. Kind of how Teshin turned into old man Teshin after almost dying and being sent into the void.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, IggySnow said:

Spoilers for the Cavia faction.

Hide contents

When the 4 of them get sent into the void inside the bell, the void starts to leak in and mess with all the Cavia. Fibonacci becomes terrified, and in a state of panic, tries to get the void out by opening the bell. My assumption is that the bell is like a space ship, and suddenly opening the door basically sucked everything not held down into the void. Minn was the closest one to the door, so she got sucked into the void.

Its not 100% confirmed that Minn is dead, its just assumed by everyone that she is.

Okay, I had something like that I had gotten, but TBH, anytime I hear Tagfer whining/crying, I just sort of space out. 

Spoiler

I do remember during rank 4 audio track thing that I mostly listened to, there being conflict between Fibonacci and Tagfer where he's apologizing and such, so that makes sense.

3 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I get the feeling Minn is around.

In fact, I get the feeling we might have met her already, just in a different body. 

Minn's probably not far away !

11 hours ago, IggySnow said:

I agree, my hope is that if Minn is found, she basically becomes some sort of void being. Like shes been exposed to the void so long that shes no longer "Minn" anymore.

It would kind of give everyone a "happy" ending, because Minn isnt dead, but it wouldn't give a resolution that actually changes any of the character developments, or fixes any of the negative things that have been done/ said/ happened.

It would also serve as a pretty good excuse for Minn to have more content for us. Like shes a void being now so she has a ton of knowledge and stuff for us to unlock through her. Kind of how Teshin turned into old man Teshin after almost dying and being sent into the void.

Imo Minn will likely be used by Wally to try to get a foot in the Sanctum by exploiting Tagfer's weaknesses. She could come back as a friendly NPC that you're never really sure what her real goals are, or as a full-blown enemy

12 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Well, in fact that's why I indicated that we should "solve" Tagfer's issue, I fully agree with you that a fairy tale ending would not fit that well.

But if we can resolve the problem by not leaving him banging his head against the Sanctum walls, that's good for me.

On 2023-12-18 at 9:20 AM, Chewarette said:

For real, this is heartbreaking. I'm ready to scout the entire universe to find Minn, Idgaf about anything else really.

I support this if I'm allowed to murder Minn myself. I want Tagfer to suffer.

Edited by Jarriaga